The problem

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from funinCA. Show funinCA's posts

The problem

The problem is the coaching. McDaniel is over coaching. His running plays in the second halfs in close games are obvious. His play calling in crunch time is conserative. It seems like the coaches want their way to work and they are not using the strenths of the players. The defense needs to be out of zone coverage, it only works when they are backed up on their twenty. They need more 3/4 with blitzs. Wrong personnel for 4/3, the tackles are too big to put any pass rush on the qb, double the ends. Safety play regardless of injury is bad. They need to put on pressure and get sacks. Play more bump and run. They cant get worse. Offensively Walker needs to be in the game more, thats the bottom line. Brady needs to hit the quick passes, and use Ridley more. I feel the coaching staff way of putting the players in their place for what ever reason is alternating running backs, receivers, instead of getting rhythm with the same players. I feel that the coaches are saying its our system that wins games not players. Its all fixable, unity needs to happen, egos need to step aside.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from trouts. Show trouts's posts

Re: The problem

My take is we don't get pressure on opposing QBs and our secondary is horrible. That's clearly nothing new, but if Hill didn't drop a wide-open pass, the Jets would have run the clock all the way down and had a chip shot field goal for the win. Even teams with mediocre QBS, like Seattle, can march down the field at crunch time and score to win against this defense. Offensively, we'll get better cause we've got a much better running attack this year. For me, Lloyd has been a hugh disappointment so far---little sepataion and lousy hands. Wouldn't Vincent Jackson have been a way better pick up? We just can't be settling for threes with our crummy defense, so the OC has to be thinking about TDs every time we get our hands on the ball and stop nursing 10 point leads.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

The problem is that the Patriots play in the NFL and that they, like every other team, do not have a monopoly of talent.  If they played in the Pop Warner League, they would win all their games 96-0, but unfortunately they have to play teams assembled and coached by talented people and stocked with skillful players.  The Patriots have had way more than their share of success in the NFL over the last dozen years and even over the last twenty years.  I believe that since Robert Kraft bought the team they have won more games than any other NFL team.  In an extremely competitive environment, they have enjoyed historic success, but they cannot possibly be perfect. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to Mighty2013's comment:

In response to newenglanderinexile's comment:

The problem is that the Patriots play in the NFL and that they, like every other team, do not have a monopoly of talent.  If they played in the Pop Warner League, they would win all their games 96-0, but unfortunately they have to play teams assembled and coached by talented people and stocked with skillful players.  The Patriots have had way more than their share of success in the NFL over the last dozen years and even over the last twenty years.  I believe that since Robert Kraft bought the team they have won more games than any other NFL team.  In an extremely competitive environment, they have enjoyed historic success, but they cannot possibly be perfect. 

That will never be good enough for the crybabies on this forum.

I am not asking for perfection. Is it really so hard to admit that this team has actual deficencies that are caused by either poor coaching or not having good enough players...

Over the last five years, would you really rather be the Patriots with more regular season wins or the Giants with two Super Bowls?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:

I am not asking for perfection. Is it really so hard to admit that this team has actual deficencies that are caused by either poor coaching or not having good enough players...

Over the last five years, would you really rather be the Patriots with more regular season wins or the Giants with two Super Bowls?

Also one could ask would you rather be the Patriots or the Browns, Texans, Jaguars and Lions who have never sniffed a Super Bowl. It's all perspective.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

Of course there are deficiencies.  There will never ever be a team without deficiencies.  Football is not a game of perfection.  But the Patriots have had fewer deficiencies than nearly every other NFL team in the last dozen years (maybe making exceptions for the Steelers and the Giants).  I am quite sure the Patriots are well aware of their deficiencies and that the coaches and players are trying very hard to overcome them.  But contrary to what some fans seem to think, you can't just wave a magic wand and create a perfect football team.   

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Of course there are deficiencies.  There will never ever be a team without deficiencies.  Football is not a game of perfection.  But the Patriots have had fewer deficiencies than nearly every other NFL team in the last dozen years (maybe making exceptions for the Steelers and the Giants).  I am quite sure the Patriots are well aware of their deficiencies and that the coaches and players are trying very hard to overcome them.  But contrary to what some fans seem to think, you can't just wave a magic wand and create a perfect football team.   

yankee fans think that can be done.. and unfortunatley I feel a lot of spoiled Pats fans think that way too. Success can breed a false sense of entitlement.

as much as blowouts make for a more comfortable viewing ( which after the safety i thought was in the works). But hey. this is going to be a more than we expected competitive season. I think someone earlier mentioned perspective.. if we were coming off 4 straight losing seasons than I feel everyone would be more of a glass half full mentality right now.

This being said, I see Bradford throwing the ball 50-60 times next sunday! So a lot of opportunities for the Dto get turnovers.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The problem is the fans. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

The problem is the fans. 

Interesting , because i was thinking that the England game maybe a good break.. less local  vocal pressure.

Also , am I wrong, but in the first series I thought I detected ( listening to TV)a sarcastic cheering when TB threw the ball away when he was outside the tacklesand didnt incur a grounding penalty?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In response to trouts' comment:

My take is we don't get pressure on opposing QBs and our secondary is horrible. That's clearly nothing new, but if Hill didn't drop a wide-open pass, the Jets would have run the clock all the way down and had a chip shot field goal for the win. Even teams with mediocre QBS, like Seattle, can march down the field at crunch time and score to win against this defense. Offensively, we'll get better cause we've got a much better running attack this year. For me, Lloyd has been a hugh disappointment so far---little sepataion and lousy hands. Wouldn't Vincent Jackson have been a way better pick up? We just can't be settling for threes with our crummy defense, so the OC has to be thinking about TDs every time we get our hands on the ball and stop nursing 10 point leads.

The drop actually occurred on 3rd down of the tying drive, when the Yets were down 23-20. They kicked a FG to make it 23-23, then McCourty fumbled on the ensuing kickoff. On 3rd down of the go-ahead drive, Snachez was sacked by Hightower.

But had Hill not dropped the ball, they could have run the clock down and tried to score a TD to win the game in regulation, so your point is still valid.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

@GlobeMazz: Repeating yesterdays stat: in last 5 yrs, Patriots have allowed a league worst 119 TD passes.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to MightyCumEarly2013's comment:

The fact that they are leading the league in 199 TD passes mean they are the best. Just wait and see. We're going to the superbowl.

You mean winning the Super Bowl right?

Sections
Shortcuts