The proof of interest in Wilson, and reason to CHILL OUT

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Re: The proof of interest in Wilson, and reason to CHILL OUT

In Response to Re: The proof of interest in Wilson, and reason to CHILL OUT:
    In Response to Re: The proof of interest in Wilson, and reason to CHILL OUT : No the reason we have not won a SB since 04 is because our high powered offense has only scored 15.5 ppg in the 2 SB appearances since 04. ....
    Posted by TrueChamp

let it go now... let go... breath

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: The proof of interest in Wilson, and reason to CHILL OUT:
    In Response to Re: The proof of interest in Wilson, and reason to CHILL OUT : Hey Tex, just trying to explain why BB might have liked the guy. I think BB must have had an inkling that other teams were interested and must have liked him a lot.  BB has made mistakes with DBs before, so I'm not convinced this won't be a bust pick . . . but I also think BB is a sensible man and so he must have had some reason for picking the guy.  My guess is he likes his leadership quality. 
    Posted by prolate0spheroid

Hey...what's done is done. All we can do now is to hope for the best. I really hope I'm dead wrong about Wilson.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOFFBURGER. Show HOFFBURGER's posts

"CREDIT TO NYPat, HE FISHED THIS OUT!"

fished what out? it's mike reiss' anaysis from espn boston, read it this morning with my coffee too...not like it was some kinda hidden treasure

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"
         Again...it's about getting value for the picks. I don't have a problem with the Pats drafting Wilson. I have a problem with them using the 48th overall selection to do so. If they traded down from #48 as they should, they likely could have taken another higher rated prospect, and gotten Wilson with a later pick."

Pat I'm surprised you're not happier with this draft, a lot of bellyaching from you and a few others here. 

Last year's draft was WAY more frustrating because we all knew that defensive philosophies in the NFL are changing with the rules and BB seeemd to be in denial. Now he's clearly adjusting his defensive philosophy and has said as much in the last 24 hours. That's all I really wanted was to see him acknowledging that the defensive approaches in the NFL have shifted and to draft/get personnel accordingly. Taken as a whole, this draft does address that. 

As for which players will work out and which won't, BB has a mixed record there but there aren't many in the NFL who are better, maybe a few. Everyone is hit or miss, especially after round one. 

"and gotten Wilson with a later pick.""

And that's the part I object to the most. You might have a different view of the draft than BB but you (and others) who assume that Wilson would have been around later are on very shaky ground. You just don't know that. It's fair to assume with BB's contacts in the league he knew more about who was after this guy than you. 

Now, if you want to argue that BB should have drafted in the second round based on talent rather than need, you're on firmer ground. BB may have felt Wilson was more talented but I think it's fair to say he was drafting on need there. That's a fair criticism from you but it reflects a different drafting philosophy at that point and if BB wants to draft based on need he can make that argument as well. 

" I really hope I'm dead wrong about Wilson."

Again, I object to this - who really knows from pick to pick who is going to work out and who isn't? Kiper sure doesn't even though you seem to think more highly of him that BB. 

The only thing to wonder here is whether you are wrong about other teams wanting to draft him as well as the Pats. And the fact is the full truth on that will never come out, other than some documented surge in interest that has been reported. 

If Wilson doesn't work out as a player, it still won't prove that other teams weren't ready to take a chance on him also. 

Look, we get it, you're angry the Pats lost the Super Bowl and you're angry that BB doesn't draft the way you want him to. 

But drafts take three years to play out, that's that. 

Could have been a good draft, could have been a bad one. But what we do know is that BB is more focused on creating a speed, pass rush, pass oriented defense and that should be seen as good news, if not by you, than by most fans of this team who are willing to think through this stuff.

Sections
Shortcuts