the raiders 20 million over the cap

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

the raiders 20 million over the cap

I can only ask HOW?!

How is such an average team 20 million over the cap, while the patriots and their "horrible gm"(according to the trolls) well under the cap and in great position to build going into next year?

Is it because all of those high first round picks over the last decade? im trying to think of one single impact player, one person where if they were a FA i would say get them now, and i cant think of a single raider player i'd want.

Just crazy to think how messed up that team is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Re: the raiders 20 million over the cap

Pre rookie wage scale has handicapped a lot of teams. When you pick that high you had to dump your whole cap into a handful of players and get no depth. With the rook wage scale you will see the Rams trade pick #2 this year. That would have never happened before unless you were Mike Ditka.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

but still 20 million dollars? for a perennial .500 team in an incredibly weak division?

that just blows my mind. Anytime someone talk about how bad BB is at drafting players everyone should just point to the raiders.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

Too many top round picks, that's how.  Paying top dollar for all those top 5 choices they have had year in and year out will take it's toll.  That's the reason for placing a cap on draft salaries.  You'll never get out of the gutter.  Although Oakland is the prime example of how not to draft.

Fabian Washington - where is he?  Huff is alright.  Russell, one of the biggest busts in sports.  McFadden is injury prone.  Heyward-Bey is not the threat they want and a reach at best.  The last two choices have been pretty good in McClain and Wisniewski.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from GadisRKO. Show GadisRKO's posts

You want Tyvon Branch, trust me.

Lucky us, Raiders can't afford to resign him.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Pretty sure that Seymour counts for $9m against the cap. And they are probably still paying for Jemarcus Russell's liposuction.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

As FA's, I'd certainly have interest in McFadden, Denarious Moore, Heyward Bay and Seymour.  At the right prices anyway (not $15M for big Sey).

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

In Response to Re: the raiders 20 million over the cap:
    [QUOTE]Pretty sure that Seymour counts for $9m against the cap. And they are probably still paying for Jemarcus Russell's liposuction.
    Posted by JohnHannahrulz[/QUOTE]

Only if they restructure the Seymour deal.  They picked up his $7.5M roster bonus back on the 11th to go along with his $7.5M base salary, guaranteeing the remainder of his 2 year, $30M deal he signed starting last year.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

[QUOTE]but still 20 million dollars? for a perennial .500 team in an incredibly weak division? that just blows my mind. Anytime someone talk about how bad BB is at drafting players everyone should just point to the raiders.
    Posted by ChasaB[/QUOTE]

Sure  the  Riaders  have  done  a  terrible  job  managing  their  cap  and  producing  a  mediocre  team.  But  comparing  BB  and  Caserio  to  the  Raiders  doesn't  make  the  PATS  front  office  OK.  I  give  BB  an  "A"  as  a  head  coach  and  a  "D"  as  GM.  And  for  those  of  you  that  say, " well  look  at  the  last  2  drafts.  They've  been  very  good."  The  2010  draft  was  very  good.  The  jury  is  still  out  on  last  year's  draft.  None  of  the  rookies  drafted  last  year  had  a  major  impact  in  the  playoffs.  Our  fans  seem  to  over-rate  Solder  who  got  beat  too  often.  Dowling  had  injury  concerns  b4  being  drafted, showed  promise  but  couldn't  stay  on  the  field.  Ridley  showed  promise  but  had  no  impact  in  the  playoffs.  If  BB  could  draft  and  sign  FA  as  well  as  he  coaches, he'd  be  outlawed. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JB-3. Show JB-3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the raiders 20 million over the cap : Sure  the  Riaders  have  done  a  terrible  job  managing  their  cap  and  producing  a  mediocre  team.  But  comparing  BB  and  Caserio  to  the  Raiders  doesn't  make  the  PATS  front  office  OK.  I  give  BB  an  "A"  as  a  head  coach  and  a  "D"  as  GM.  And  for  those  of  you  that  say, " well  look  at  the  last  2  drafts.  They've  been  very  good."  The  2010  draft  was  very  good.  The  jury  is  still  out  on  last  year's  draft.  None  of  the  rookies  drafted  last  year  had  a  major  impact  in  the  playoffs.  Our  fans  seem  to  over-rate  Solder  who  got  beat  too  often.  Dowling  had  injury  concerns  b4  being  drafted, showed  promise  but  couldn't  stay  on  the  field.  Ridley  showed  promise  but  had  no  impact  in  the  playoffs.  If  BB  could  draft  and  sign  FA  as  well  as  he  coaches, he'd  be  outlawed. 
    Posted by zeitgeist49[/QUOTE]

Don't overlook Cannon as a 5th round pick last year.  Obviously he didn't make an impact until late in the season, but he had a pretty good excuse for that....

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to the raiders 20 million over the cap : AL DAVIS
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

Come on, the guy's dead let's be fair.

I mean, really, you can't hang more than 15 of that on Al.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Bad drafts (or the fact that they always are picking high) has got to contribute to their high cap number. You can also add in the fact that they don't have a QB like ours - which leads to more loses, mistakes being magnified and you have to pay QB after QB until you actually get one...which still hasn't happened.

As bad as a team as this supposedly is talent wise - you put Brady on their roster and they win the Super Bowl. Brady is the equalizer in all these...good gm, bad gm, lack of talent on offense, defense discussions.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mgraham. Show mgraham's posts

Raiders are in an interesting dilemna:

20 over the cap and no draft picks till Round 4 ... maybe a 3rd comp for Nmandi.

Do you think we could trade a 3 rd round or the late 2nd for Denarius Moore, he might still be under a low contract.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Thanks JB3, Yeah this is basically what I am saying the Raiders have serious cap issues. 15m, heck isn't that like 2m less than Brady. Damn.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brady2Moss07. Show Brady2Moss07's posts

They have the highest paid long snapper, kicker and punter in the league plus many other high paying contacts to ther sad saps, anyone recall the money they gave to javon walker. Al was trying to take the team to the grave with him...

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from nagger. Show nagger's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the raiders 20 million over the cap : wait a minute; he didn't win with the Patriots but he would win it with the Raiders??!! based on what exactly?
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]He is not a sh-t skin low IQ pavement ape

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from teegee. Show teegee's posts

[QUOTE]They have the highest paid long snapper, kicker and punter in the league plus many other high paying contacts to ther sad saps, anyone recall the money they gave to javon walker. Al was trying to take the team to the grave with him...
    Posted by Brady2Moss07[/QUOTE]

I believe he did.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChasaB. Show ChasaB's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re:  I  give  BB  an  "A"  as  a  head  coach  and  a  "D"  as  GM. 

I'm curious, who would you give an A too? I always see talk about how the pats have a horrible GM and a D is a failing grade for anything in life so I'd appreciate it if you listed the GMs who consistantly get A's from you.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Will-Redd. Show Will-Redd's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the raiders 20 million over the cap : Sure  the  Riaders  have  done  a  terrible  job  managing  their  cap  and  producing  a  mediocre  team.  But  comparing  BB  and  Caserio  to  the  Raiders  doesn't  make  the  PATS  front  office  OK.  I  give  BB  an  "A"  as  a  head  coach  and  a  "D"  as  GM.  And  for  those  of  you  that  say, " well  look  at  the  last  2  drafts.  They've  been  very  good."  The  2010  draft  was  very  good.  The  jury  is  still  out  on  last  year's  draft.  None  of  the  rookies  drafted  last  year  had  a  major  impact  in  the  playoffs.  Our  fans  seem  to  over-rate  Solder  who  got  beat  too  often.  Dowling  had  injury  concerns  b4  being  drafted, showed  promise  but  couldn't  stay  on  the  field.  Ridley  showed  promise  but  had  no  impact  in  the  playoffs.  If  BB  could  draft  and  sign  FA  as  well  as  he  coaches, he'd  be  outlawed. 

Each year 2 teams go to the Superbowl; only one team wins it.  Few teams get as close to the Superbowl every year as the Patriots do.

He has almost completely rebuilt this team in place, all the while keeping the Patriots within reach of the Superbowl.

If that is what a "D" GM delivers, there aren't any A's, B's, or C's in the NFL.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the raiders 20 million over the cap : Each year 2 teams go to the Superbowl; only one team wins it.  Few teams get as close to the Superbowl every year as the Patriots do. He has almost completely rebuilt this team in place, all the while keeping the Patriots within reach of the Superbowl. If that is what a "D" GM delivers, there aren't any A's, B's, or C's in the NFL.
    Posted by Will-Redd[/QUOTE]

Add the fact that the Pats are almost always drafting at the low end of round one, rather than getting the chance at one of the top 10 players coming out of college each year. This is due to the SUCCESS of the players the GM gets. They were within 2 minutes of winning another Superbowl with the players the GM got. If the offense could have controlled the ball for two more minutes, or the defense could have made one more play, then the GM gets an A+ for last year.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from millergrnv. Show millergrnv's posts

The ones I see, most likely, getting release are these players:

1. Kamerion Wimbley (five-year, $48 million contract. The deal contains $29 million guaranteed, including a $4.25 million signing bonus).
    2. Michael Huff (Signed a four-year, $32 million contract. The deal included $16 million in the first year and a fully guaranteed second-year salary. 2012: $4 million (+ $4 million roster bonus due 3/16), 2013-2014: $4 million).
    3. John Henderson (Signed a two-year, $8 million contract. The deal contains $5.5 million guaranteed, including a $1.5 million signing bonus, all of Henderson's first-year salary, and $1.5 million of his second-year salary. 2012: $4 million).
    4. Tommy Kelly (2/28/2008: Signed seven-year, $50.5 million contract. The deal contains $18.125 million guaranteed, including a $13 million signing bonus and a $4.5 million in-season "signing" bonus in the second year. Another $2 million is available through incentives. 2011: $5.5 million, 2012: $6 million, 2013: $6.5 million, 2014: $7 million).

The first three (in particular) signed those new deals last year and I don't see them restructuring their deals (Especially Wimbley & Huff). Other players I see (possibly) getting released are Aaron Curry & Cooper Carlisle. It started with the release of Stanford Routt and the ripple effect will continue.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the raiders 20 million over the cap : wait a minute; he didn't win with the Patriots but he would win it with the Raiders??!! based on what exactly?
    Posted by JintsFan[/QUOTE]

I'm just basing it off them having a better defense and group of running backs. I'd like to think Brady would bring their passing game to life - and then you can add the defense and running game to it.

25. This post has been removed.