The Ravens' Pollard & Karmic Justice

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

Re: The Ravens' Pollard & Karmic Justice

Hit on Ridley was legal. Helmet to helmet is allowed against rbs when they lower their shoulder. It's illegal when they're defenseless that it is a personal foul. It would be almost impossible to tackled a rb head on without going helmet to helmet. Look at the replay again, Ridley lowered his head and thats when it hit pollards. Only way Pollard can really avoid that is to tackle high, in which case he would get trucked by Ridley.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

I think the Brady hit was the only dirty one.

Look at the Gronk replay again. He tackled Gronk at first and couldn't take him down, so he tried to drag him down. What do you want him to do, let go? We saw that happen in the Skins game and Gronk piled up more yardage. Gronk's a big dude and is tough to bring down.

And Welker tore his ACL before he even made contact with Pollard. No one can possibly think that's his fault.

It's just rotten luck. Hopefully we get the Ravens in week 1 next season so whoever gets hurt by him again will have a full season to heal.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from jjmsphd43. Show jjmsphd43's posts

It is all about perspective... Maybe the universe hates the Patriots and Pollard is doling out the karma upon them...

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to coolade2's comment:

Comparing pollard to Harrison is asinine... After Rodney hit Carson Palmer and hurt his knee he cleaned up his act.  You idiots bringing Harrison into this haven't named 1 fg example of Harrison making a dirty hitwhile playing for pats. 

Meanwhile Rodney was the RECIPIENT if dirty crackback that blew out his knee against Pittsburgh! 

Talking about Brady's kick slide is even dumber.  It was a stupid defensive move by Brady, nothing more.  No injury, no intent. 

news flash.. Running and launching your helmet like a missile causes injury.  Watch pollard replay again dimwits.

Sorry Coolade - Rodney Harrison didn't get the dirtiest player in the NFL "award" multiple times for nothing

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Comparing pollard to Harrison is asinine... After Rodney hit Carson Palmer and hurt his knee he cleaned up his act.  You idiots bringing Harrison into this haven't named 1 fg example of Harrison making a dirty hitwhile playing for pats. 

Meanwhile Rodney was the RECIPIENT if dirty crackback that blew out his knee against Pittsburgh! 

Talking about Brady's kick slide is even dumber.  It was a stupid defensive move by Brady, nothing more.  No injury, no intent. 

news flash.. Running and launching your helmet like a missile causes injury.  Watch pollard replay again dimwits.

poor coolio has his panties in a tizzy again

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from xxxcrwn. Show xxxcrwn's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:

The Brady hit was dirty.  The others were part of football.  Nothing dirty about the other 3.

I have no issue with a clean & hard hit, but the Ridley hit was helmet on helmet. The refs missed that one. Is the rule that the replay official can't point it out? He reviewed the fumble & obviously saw the helmet to helmet contact. Is it not possible to add a flag when an obvious penalty is caught during a replay review?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to xxxcrwn's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

The Brady hit was dirty.  The others were part of football.  Nothing dirty about the other 3.

I have no issue with a clean & hard hit, but the Ridley hit was helmet on helmet. The refs missed that one. Is the rule that the replay official can't point it out? He reviewed the fumble & obviously saw the helmet to helmet contact. Is it not possible to add a flag when an obvious penalty is caught during a replay review?

i know one thing i can fairly certain of: if pollard was a Patriot and his hits knocked out guys named manning, cruz, burris and boss he'd be lauded as a hero and /or defended to the hilt

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to mykey123's comment:

Baltimore Ravens' defensive back, Pollard, a player personally responsible for seriously injuring four Patriots players (Brady, Gronkowski, Welker, and Ridley) and who knows how many others from other teams, all I can say is "what goes around, comes around". Karmic justice demands that at some point in his career, he'll be the recipient of a vicious hit that alters his professional career path.

Stop it! Time to grow up just a little. Pollard is a hard hitting, lay it all out on the field kind of player the Pats USED to have on their roster. The Ridley hit was a good, hard, solid hit. Fact is Ridley lowered his head as Pollard was going low to bring him down. Can't hit 'em high any more, don't ya know?

Wishing another player, er DEMANDING, another player take a "vicious hit" is just plain immature and irresponsible. Now, go to your room, or under the staircase, or back to your basement. Consider yourself on "time out".

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Glad this has been clarified for me. Here, for all these years, I've been misinformed and mislead to believe that a hard hit on an opposing player was a means of focing a fumble. Now, I have the absolutely clear understanding that these hits are ONLY to cause injury, kill, or maim for life. In today's can't hit 'em high anymore league, I guess there ought to be a death sentence for a player, already in his LOW tackling mode, to have helmet to helmet contact with an opposing player who lowers his helmet AFTER the opposing player does.  

I want to personally thank monkey for this clarification.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from kansaspatriot. Show kansaspatriot's posts

I hate that SOB. worse now I hate his coach you thinks it's ok to tackle with your helmet and knock a guy oout and cuase possible brain damage. I hope Ridely is ok, that was sickening to see.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/21/john-harbaugh-pollards-hit-on-ridley-was-football-at-its-finest/

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from GO47. Show GO47's posts

It's apparent that most commenting on this piece of crap didn't see some of the comments from some of his former Chief teammates. He was very proud of the fact that he did damage to Brady and knocked him out of the game and for the rest of the season. A real nice guy. Most professional football players understand that playing in the NFL is difficult and can end with one hit. Most don't hit to permanently end someone’s career. He does and doesn't care.

Not everyone here agrees we'd love him if he was on the patriots. We had a nitwit named Meriweather that played just like that and I for one couldn't wait until they got rid of him.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to HelloItsMeAgain1's comment:

Ridiculous.

All of those hits were clean. ridley lowered his head, plain and simple.

And of course he came in low on brady, he had a patriot on his back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ji3iVpsel3I

If anything brady's kung fu kick was more illegal than any of pollard's hits.

Complete and utter BS. Pollard lunges from being flat on his face at Brady's legs. Go get some glasses.

I'm so sick and tired of clueless dolts spewing their stupidity post after post.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CornHole12. Show CornHole12's posts

WAAAAA!!!!   The Ravens are big meanies...   :(

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

In response to ASO9771's comment:

3) If you all recall that famous Gronk TD against the 'Skins when he blew by, ran over and carried defenders for that long score. You think maybe P remembered that and made sure that he would make a legal take down, which it was.

TO clarify: When Pollard took down Gronk, by both ankles, he twisted them as to break a leg, which he almost did. He IS a dirty POS.

As does nearly every other defender.  I am always surprised that more injuries don't happen as a cause of tackles like that because they happen so frequently. 

Again, I never recall a pats fan calling out Rodney Harrison for being "the dirtiest player in the league".  In fact, I recall pats fans embracing it. 

My how story changes when the shoe is on the other foot.

My how you are a worthless troll. Zip it, sex offender lover.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

Ridley lowered his head to try to protect himself from the spearing hit coming from Pollard.  It is pure instinct.  He would have hit him in the neck if he hadn't lowered his head 6in.  In my mind the dirty hit artist just needs to be permanently BANNED from the league.  The league wants to improve safety, get rid of the guys who have pure intent to injure.  The guy is just bad news.  His kind just are not good for the league, as much fun as they are to be on your team.  BAN pollard permanently!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

Sorry Coolade - Rodney Harrison didn't get the dirtiest player in the NFL "award" multiple times for nothing

voted by you apparently, and without examples.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from nhsteven. Show nhsteven's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:

Ridley lowered his head to try to protect himself from the spearing hit coming from Pollard.  It is pure instinct.  He would have hit him in the neck if he hadn't lowered his head 6in.  In my mind the dirty hit artist just needs to be permanently BANNED from the league.  The league wants to improve safety, get rid of the guys who have pure intent to injure.  The guy is just bad news.  His kind just are not good for the league, as much fun as they are to be on your team.  BAN pollard permanently!!

Dream on; that is simply not going to happen. In fact; Brady is now under review by the NFL for his attempt to kick Ed Reed. The tronic part of all this? Pollard's the one complaining today about what Brady did!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

The Brady and Gronkowski hits were deliberate. The NFL came out within a few hours after the Brady hit and said "Oh, it was not against the rules." even though the rules at that time said you couldn't lunge below the QBs knee. Then in the off-season, the NFL put an emphasis on the existing rule making it, umm, more illegal. It was a dirty play by a POS.

Gronk was a dirty play too. Pollard is trying to injure on that play.

Welker, of course, had to do with the turf. Pollard was just near him.

Ridley was a clean legal tackle caused more by Ridley than Pollard. Still think he was down by contact, but that is the game.

The thing I don't like about the Ridley hit is Harbaugh's pointing to Pollard and saying "That won the game." Yeah, it was a good hit, but a player was knocked out on the play. You don't celebrate that regardless.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

Harrison was voted dirtiest player by his peers on at least two occasions and once by coaches. He is on record as saying the last one by the coaches was more likely due to rep than his current play.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In response to nhsteven's comment:

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:

Dream on; that is simply not going to happen. In fact; Brady is now under review by the NFL for his attempt to kick Ed Reed. The tronic part of all this? Pollard's the one complaining today about what Brady did!!!

Agreed. Almost as ironic as Shannon Sharpe calling Belichick classless. Sure, his act was, but Sharpe had the loudest mouth on the field when he played. Get someone else to make the classless determination, Shannon.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to EnochRoot's comment:

Harrison was voted dirtiest player by his peers on at least two occasions and once by coaches. He is on record as saying the last one by the coaches was more likely due to rep than his current play.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=sando_mike&id=3439800

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to CornHole12's comment:

WAAAAA!!!!   The Ravens are big meanies...   :(

Seriously, why can't the Patriots hit some one that hard? The best hit of the game by the Patriots in the game was Mayo on Pitta on the 5-yard line. Pitta, not only held onto the ball, but lined right back up and caught a TD pass on the next play.