The Ravens: The Ultimate Disgrace

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

The Ravens: The Ultimate Disgrace

On the heels of ESPN mercifully suspending the racist and despicable Stephen A. Smith for all but defending Ray Rice for coldcocking his fiancee in an elevator, the Ravens bordering on acting like Ray Rice has been the victim of something, were at the podium today.

My god, what an absolute disgrace.

This team had 6 arrests this offseason, led by none other than Ray Rice.  To see him there holding back fake tears for physically assaulting a defenseless female, is despicable.   The fact Baltimore acts like this is so minor is very disturbing, too.

They have stood by a double murderer and now all but promote domestic violence with this little stunt of phony and awkward contrition today from Rice.

I am still stunned it's only a 2 game suspension with Goodell trying to grow the league and so many women now part of the audience.

The fact Rice acts like he has a drug problem is embarrassing, too. The comments like "I will learn from this " and whatnot should be an outrage to anyone with an IQ over 100.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheRealBustchise. Show TheRealBustchise's posts

Re: The Ravens: The Ultimate Disgrace

How many guys did the Ravens murder... collectively?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

I am going to be a bit contrarian

obviously what rr did is obviously despicable

there also is obviously nothing that his fiancé could say to deserve it

and short of a gun or knife in her hand, there is no possible. Excuse for him

This was not an on the field instance between nfl personnel

This is not something that is explicitly in the CBA like the drug violations are

i don't think all of those are equal situations to this event for the NFL to control

This was off the field, still the nfl has some ability to punish.They punished him and he loses about600k, please tell me who else loses this amount of money for doing the same thing,

And then you add that the authorities made a deal with him And the fiancé  then married him, and I think this punishment is enough., but maybe he should have gotten more, but I cannot lose sleep over it as he will pay and  be branded for this for the rest of his life. he will also lose  thousands of dollars in future lost opportunities. I mean not everybody gets away with it like Ray Lewis

and the he has to live with it. If he is any sort of person he will curse himself forever

As far as Steven A , I cannot believe he was that stupid to say something like that. I sort of like him. I see him as out spoken , but I have heard him say he is wrong too. but he should have known that woring for such a politically correct org like Espn, he was going to get hammered

And lastly, I get sort of tired listening to sports talk show hosts and columnists give us their social views. I listen to sports to escape, not to be lectured to, and sometimes it seems that they are just thumping their chests, imo

Pat's Fan lost in Jet Land

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to seawolfxs' comment:
    [QUOTE]

This is not something that is explicitly in the CBA like the drug violations are

i don't think all of those are equal situations to this event for the NFL to control

This was off the field, still the nfl has some ability to punish.They punished him and he loses about600k, please tell me who else loses this amount of money for doing the same thing,

And then you add that the authorities made a deal with him And the fiancé  then married him, and I think this punishment is enough., but maybe he should have gotten more, but I cannot lose sleep over it as he will pay and  be branded for this for the rest of his life. he will also lose  thousands of dollars in future lost opportunities. I mean not everybody gets away with it like Ray Lewis

and the he has to live with it. If he is any sort of person he will curse himself forever

As far as Steven A , I cannot believe he was that stupid to say something like that. I sort of like him. I see him as out spoken , but I have heard him say he is wrong too. but he should have known that woring for such a politically correct org like Espn, he was going to get hammered

And lastly, I get sort of tired listening to sports talk show hosts and columnists give us their social views. I listen to sports to escape, not to be lectured to, and sometimes it seems that they are just thumping their chests, imo

[/QUOTE]

Well said Sea. 

I think you can include; how did the NFL punishment stack up against an actual court of law? 

You can also include that RR has been with his wife for 15 years of his life. And that RR has never been in trouble. 

Did you see the press conference? I was not there, but saw it. I have been to many, many press conferences, in almost every sport. RR had 89 team mates and every member of the coaching staff at his press conference. I have never seen that before. 

Look, what RR did was horrendous. He should have been punished, and has been more so than probably anyone who has ever raised a hand against a women. Was the punishment enough? Look at it this way. The NFL is in essence fining RR around $1million dollars which is lost wages. RR missing games is in actuality penalizing his team, not only him. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well said Sea. 

I think you can include; how did the NFL punishment stack up against an actual court of law? 

You can also include that RR has been with his wife for 15 years of his life. And that RR has never been in trouble. 

Did you see the press conference? I was not there, but saw it. I have been to many, many press conferences, in almost every sport. RR had 89 team mates and every member of the coaching staff at his press conference. I have never seen that before. 

Look, what RR did was horrendous. He should have been punished, and has been more so than probably anyone who has ever raised a hand against a women. Was the punishment enough? Look at it this way. The NFL is in essence fining RR around $1million dollars which is lost wages. RR missing games is in actuality penalizing his team, not only him. 

[/QUOTE]

Well no - iheard his press conference this morning and didnt know about the team support - and then  I heard him say that it would be with him the rest of his life - and then he would have to explain it to his daughters - no it looks as tho he is broken and from there he has a chance to move and try and redeem-

in  \a side note - i do take whacks at ESPN - but i think the brass  too hypocritical - look at the slimey rarppers who have disgusting lyrics - racial and demaing to women- and are then spokespersons - not all Espn but enough, And as you know I am not a great fan of the way the NFL league office deoses things- but that is only IMO. all we can do is call tham as we see them and when enlightened revise our opinions

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

There has not been 1 human out there who is rational and sane who thinks ray rice should only get 2 games for that even as a first time offender.

His whole victim tone with his speech was beyond awkward.  No need to sugarcoat what he did or how despicable the ravens are for supporting his actions.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheKruger. Show TheKruger's posts

Yawn...another thread about the Ravens. Typical Queenie at his "finest."

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

They're a despicable franchise who worshipped a murderer. Wife beating is just a simple crime to them. And they also signed former Giants safety Will Hill who is currently suspended for the first 6 games of the season after multiple brush ups with the law. They love their criminals in Baltimore.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

A couple things....

I think Ray Rice should get no less then a half season suspension and required to be very active in domestic violence and spousal abuse programs.

I don 't think what Stephen A Smith said was THAT bad.  Well, it might have been bad but I don't think he meant what he said as it was taken by the public and ESPN execs.  If you follow Stephen A Smith even a little bit you would know that the dude is a good dude, that he is totally respectful of women, that he has a family full of women that he looks up to and respects dearly.  That has been evident over the many years I have watched him on tv.   If you didn't watch his apology then please find it and watch it.  Good stuff, I give him a pass for what he said.  He didn't mean it the way it came out.

I really don't see Goodell adding on to the Rice suspension, he should because 2 games is a disgrace... but he won't.  I would like to see the Ravens add a couple games suspension to it. 

Be a Fan!  But don't be a Homer Fan!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to TFB12's comment:
    [QUOTE]

A couple things....

I think Ray Rice should get no less then a half season suspension and required to be very active in domestic violence and spousal abuse programs.

I don 't think what Stephen A Smith said was THAT bad.  Well, it might have been bad but I don't think he meant what he said as it was taken by the public and ESPN execs.  If you follow Stephen A Smith even a little bit you would know that the dude is a good dude, that he is totally respectful of women, that he has a family full of women that he looks up to and respects dearly.  That has been evident over the many years I have watched him on tv.   If you didn't watch his apology then please find it and watch it.  Good stuff, I give him a pass for what he said.  He didn't mean it the way it came out.

I really don't see Goodell adding on to the Rice suspension, he should because 2 games is a disgrace... but he won't.  I would like to see the Ravens add a couple games suspension to it. 

[/QUOTE]

TFB, just curious. What does missing ore games actually mean?

Yes, he misses more paychecks, so I guess that means it is a greater fine. BUt it is already at $1million dollars

IT also means his team is penalized for his stupidity. Does his team deserve to be penalized for more than 2 games (seems most here would answer yes)

Lets face it, the court system DID NOTHING. The NFL fined him in essence $1million dollars.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

A couple things....

[/QUOTE]

Yes, he misses more paychecks, so I guess that means it is a greater fine. BUt it is already at $1million dollars

IT also means his team is penalized for his stupidity. Does his team deserve to be penalized for more than 2 games (seems most here would answer yes)

Lets face it, the court system DID NOTHING. The NFL fined him in essence $1million dollars.

[/QUOTE]

i guess what I am not uinderstanding is this

"When does the Nfl or any business have this burden? i have people working for me - if one did this - should i suspend him - its a small town and everione would know?. what should i do?? Can I do it legally?

Is RR the first playwer to ever be suspended for this?

Rothlesberger was for alledged rape - isnt that worse?

Didnt he get more?

I really am not trying to come to RR's defense but this could happen on any NFL team or any where. I mean the PAts had AH, I do think Ray lewis got away with murder - or accessory to - isnt that worse?

I thinki you do something wrong - you should pay a price - we are really only arguing degree here

This an  interesting topic to see how people think

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

In response to DoNotSleepOnThePats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

They're a despicable franchise who worshipped a murderer. Wife beating is just a simple crime to them. And they also signed former Giants safety Will Hill who is currently suspended for the first 6 games of the season after multiple brush ups with the law. They love their criminals in Baltimore.

[/QUOTE]

We also worshipped a murderer.

Ray Lewis no matter what happened, is a great man. Maybe the murder changed him, or maybe he didn't murder anyone.

He's a good dude though.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

http://www.sportingcharts.com/articles/nfl/nfl-arrest-rankings-since-2000.aspx" rel="nofollow">http://www.sportingcharts.com/articles/nfl/nfl-arrest-rankings-since-2000.aspx

NFL Arrests since 2000:

Ravens 18

Patriots 15

Also out of the 6 this season, most were BS. The 3 that got arrested together had drunk and disorderly's which Gronk could probably rack up easily.

Jimmy Smith was actually trying to help a woman who was drunk but the cops told him to stop helping he didn't listen and got detained.

4 of the 6 are crap imo.

What Rice did was despicable and the fact that Goody gave him 2 games is even bigger a joke but to sit back and call the Ravens criminals is kinda dumb look at the 18 - 15 numbers since 2000.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's becoming a serious issue with players in the NFL.  Last year 21 of 32 teams had a player charged with domestic violence.  Start really punishing these guys and maybe it will stop some from doing it in the future.   Yeah, $1 mill is huge but take some more games away, make it effect the team, looking at your teammates in the face after letting them down because of a foolish decision just might make some of these guys think twice about doing something dumb.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Rusty gotta agree man. Embarassing deplorable situation for the NFL and the Ravens specifically. Not to mention their fans rallying around Rice like he's some kind of hero.

"Ray Lewis no matter what happened, is a great man. Maybe the murder changed him, or maybe he didn't murder anyone.
    He's a good dude though."

He pled guilty to an obstruction of justice charge pertaining to a murder. 

He's not a great man in my book. Not sure what his "great man" credentials are.

To me, greatness starts by owning your flaws and working from there. He never owned up to what happened that night. It's soul rot in the center of his life. 

He is a great champion and a great football player, yes. But I challenge you on his "great man" credentials.

The family of the murdered victim certainly doesn't feel that way: http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/01/10/ray-lewis-baltimore-ravens-atlanta-murder-2000/1566198/" rel="nofollow">http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2013/01/10/ray-lewis-baltimore-ravens-atlanta-murder-2000/1566198/

And Ray refuses to answer questions about it, saying "it happened 13 years ago". 

And of all things he ends up being a minister? Oh and a TV pundit blowhard. 

I'll find my role models elsewhere. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"If you didn't watch his apology then please find it and watch it."

It was scripted and taped. Should have been done live on First Take. 

I like Steven but he has a history of using the word "provoked" when discussing these situations, and that's a word you don't use when talking about domestic violence. He did it with the Chad Johnson situation also: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2014/07/28/this-isnt-the-first-time-stephen-a-smith-has-blamed-women-for-domestic-violence/

Wasn't a one time thing. His Twitter "apology" after the fact was so bad he had to delete that also - he basically said the same thing again.

I'm not sure what his glitch is on this issue because he does seem to oppose domestic violence but there is some issue there he needs to work out, maybe he's doing so now. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's becoming a serious issue with players in the NFL.  Last year 21 of 32 teams had a player charged with domestic violence.  Start really punishing these guys and maybe it will stop some from doing it in the future.   Yeah, $1 mill is huge but take some more games away, make it effect the team, looking at your teammates in the face after letting them down because of a foolish decision just might make some of these guys think twice about doing something dumb.

[/QUOTE]

so what was the penalty for those21?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No where close to $1M and no games missed

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

http://www.sportingcharts.com/articles/nfl/nfl-arrest-rankings-since-2000.aspx" rel="nofollow">http://www.sportingcharts.com/articles/nfl/nfl-arrest-rankings-since-2000.aspx" rel="nofollow">http://www.sportingcharts.com/articles/nfl/nfl-arrest-rankings-since-2000.aspx

NFL Arrests since 2000:

Ravens 18

Patriots 15

Also out of the 6 this season, most were BS. The 3 that got arrested together had drunk and disorderly's which Gronk could probably rack up easily.

Jimmy Smith was actually trying to help a woman who was drunk but the cops told him to stop helping he didn't listen and got detained.

4 of the 6 are crap imo.

What Rice did was despicable and the fact that Goody gave him 2 games is even bigger a joke but to sit back and call the Ravens criminals is kinda dumb look at the 18 - 15 numbers since 2000.

[/QUOTE]

18 vs 15

I did not know that. The media paints a picture that Baltimore is way over the top in players arrested. I knew the Pats number was high, just not that high. BB has been bringing in some sketchy guys.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Well apparently not enough as it still continues.  Start dealing out some serious punishment and maybe it slows down.  These guys have a very limited football life, start taking away serious game time with the fines.

And then there was the Dolphins... they decided to release Chad Johnson when the news came out about his domestic violence.  Bravo! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Well apparently not enough as it still continues.  Start dealing out some serious punishment and maybe it slows down.  These guys have a very limited football life, start taking away serious game time with the fines.

And then there was the Dolphins... they decided to release Chad Johnson when the news came out about his domestic violence.  Bravo! 

[/QUOTE]

At least they released him. The Ravens all but filmed a reality show with the Ray Rice thing.  I am surprised there isn't more backlash over this.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DougIrwin. Show DougIrwin's posts

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:
    [QUOTE]

"If you didn't watch his apology then please find it and watch it."

It was scripted and taped. Should have been done live on First Take. 

I like Steven but he has a history of using the word "provoked" when discussing these situations, and that's a word you don't use when talking about domestic violence. He did it with the Chad Johnson situation also: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2014/07/28/this-isnt-the-first-time-stephen-a-smith-has-blamed-women-for-domestic-violence/" rel="nofollow">http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2014/07/28/this-isnt-the-first-time-stephen-a-smith-has-blamed-women-for-domestic-violence/

Wasn't a one time thing. His Twitter "apology" after the fact was so bad he had to delete that also - he basically said the same thing again.

I'm not sure what his glitch is on this issue because he does seem to oppose domestic violence but there is some issue there he needs to work out, maybe he's doing so now. 

[/QUOTE]

If there was ever a time to fire that piece of garbage, it is now. ESPN won't do it, though. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to DougIrwin's comment:

On the heels of ESPN mercifully suspending the racist and despicable Stephen A. Smith for all but defending Ray Rice for coldcocking his fiancee in an elevator, the Ravens bordering on acting like Ray Rice has been the victim of something, were at the podium today.

My god, what an absolute disgrace.

This team had 6 arrests this offseason, led by none other than Ray Rice.  To see him there holding back fake tears for physically assaulting a defenseless female, is despicable.   The fact Baltimore acts like this is so minor is very disturbing, too.

They have stood by a double murderer and now all but promote domestic violence with this little stunt of phony and awkward contrition today from Rice.

I am still stunned it's only a 2 game suspension with Goodell trying to grow the league and so many women now part of the audience.

The fact Rice acts like he has a drug problem is embarrassing, too. The comments like "I will learn from this " and whatnot should be an outrage to anyone with an IQ over 100.

Rusty the Ultimate Queen...of course if Ray Rice was a Patriot then this would be a witch hunt by Goodell and he deserved nothing

Sections
Shortcuts