The RBs.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

The RBs.

i love the RB-by-committee approach that the pats have, but its hard to ignore that we have three backs over 30.  does anyone out there know when the contracts are up for these guys:

• Faulk
    • Morris
    • Taylor
    • Maroney (some say this is his contract year but i thought it was next)
    help me out. thanks.  GO PATS!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tnutts. Show Tnutts's posts

Re: The RBs.

Faulk is up this year
    Morris has one more
    Taylor has one more
    Maroney has one more aswell

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Maroney last year is 2010
    Faulk is on his last year of a six year deal
    Morris last year is 2010
    Taylor last year is 2010

So after next year we have no running backs :)
    and BenJarvus Green-Ellis not to leave him out will be a restricted free agent in 2011.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

good to know... thanks.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i like ryan mathews of fresno in the second round this year and/or john clay from wisconsin next year... theyre a couple of bruisers.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pats7393. Show Pats7393's posts

Here are next year's free agents at RB but all positions are available.  There are some really good backs that will be available in 2010.

http://www.footballsfuture.com/2010/fa/rb.html

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

They will resign Faulk to a 2 year deal. I like Taylor as a backup to whoever next year hes smart runs hard and thats part of the reason he gets injured. I wouldnt bank on the Pats drafting a RB early need a linebacker, d lineman , and just a playmaker on d to go with mayo.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

i have a feeling faulk will retire.  i mean he's been around since '99.  and to boom95:  we have three, count em 1-2-3, second round picks.  i think we can address both defense and RB in the first and second rounds alone.  Ben Tate is another big guy i like.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FOWLER8196. Show FOWLER8196's posts

if the pats could somehow pick up j. norwood from atl, that would be awesome. leon washington would be SWEET too.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from boom95. Show boom95's posts

I hope your wrong about Faulk Fowler8196,still think he has a little left in the tank. Do you think Maroney stays?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SICOFITALL. Show SICOFITALL's posts

I cant stand the r-b-by commitiee, to hard to get in rythem IMHO. Id like to see the Pats find 2 guys they can trust to get the job done. Id love to see them keep Faulk for 2 more years. He adds so much to this team on 3rd down, in protection, and catching the ball out of the bacfield. Problem is Morris and Taylor are extremely injury-prone. So if we keep one, prob. means we'll keep both. Also I was pissd when the Pats didnt take J-Charles, could have had him in the 2nd. Yes he has issues, but I think they are correctable and U can give it to him 20 on the ground, along with a couple rec. Not 2 mention he can return a lil' as well. Although if he was my back Id give him no part of that game. I love taking backs in the 2nd and 3rd. Obvi. great value and I think rb is the easiest of all positions to come in right away and really make a difference. We have 4 of the first 60 spots this year. This draft IMO might be the most important in awhile. When U think of last years with Seabass, Chung, Butler, and maybe Pryor, those guys and this up coming class could be our core for the next 10-12 years. Big, Big, draft and I cant wait. Oh man when U start and think of Next years w/ Oaklands first rd. I dont think it will be a rookie cap, so who knows, but so intriguing.