The Real Way to Rebuild your Defense on the Fly!

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

Re: The Real Way to Rebuild your Defense on the Fly!

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to digger0862's comment:
    [QUOTE]

All teams have weaknesses and the Patriots weakness is their pass defense. It didn't prevent them from making the super bowl last year and it's not the reason they lost the super bowl. Are you saying the Seahawks will go to the super bowl with their super D? I'll take the Patriots over the Seahawks any day.

[/QUOTE]

actually it's the exact reason you lost the super bowl-watch that last drive again

[/QUOTE]

"Hi everybody, I'm Jintsfan. I'm basically here to make sure all you Pats fans get reminded that they lost two Superbowls to my New York Giants ha, ha, ha"

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:

There is no way to rebuild the defense in less than 6 years.  BB has proven this to be the case.   If he can't do it, nobody can.

Were it so easy every team would do it.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

In response to Bunker Spreckels' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Umm, the Jets D currently allows 150 yards on the ground per game (average).  Apparently, the Jets D never had a foundation and Tannenboob and Rex Ryan have no been there for 4+ years running that sinking ship.

I'd say BB is MILES ahead of your team in this area.

You won't be playing the Colts every week, spanky.

[/QUOTE]

How did this thread become about the Jets D. I thought it was about the job Carroll had done in Seattle rebuilding that defense...

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

[QUOTE]

Manning wouldn't have had that rating if our offense didn't  act like morons on 3 key plays in the game.  The D allowed 1 TD and 2 FGs all game! 

Have you noticed that the very dumb Pats fan on this board looks at box scores exclusively as their reasoning for something and either don't watch the games to see how a game progresses and they whys at to how something unfolded?

It's like they're accepting of the concept that Eli Manning totally outplayed Brady. Manning didn't take s Safety on the first play from scrimmage, didn't toss a horrendous INT on 1st down in NE territory to a gimpy TE with an underthrown ball and he didn't throw high to anyone who was wide open.

Fact, fact and fact.

I don't want my QB, who is better than Eli Manning playing worse than Eli Manning when he's paid 20 million per year. Period.

[/QUOTE]

I am saying that part of the reason that Manning outplay Brady was because Brady had to go against the Giants defense while Manning went against the Patriots.

The Giants offense had zero three and outs in the Super Bowl. In fact, on every possession they got a minimum of two first downs. Their "worst" drive of the game, was 7 plays for 22 yards. They started on their own 23 yard-line and after the punted pinned the Patriots back at their own 4 yard-line. So even that was a succesful drive in that it flipped the field and left the Pats 96 yards from their end zone.

All of that was a result of a superior game plan by the Giants. They held onto the ball for 38 minutes, nearly 2/3 of the game. That was the same strategy the Parcell/Belichick Giants used to beat the Bills in the Super Bowl.

So if one team comes out with a better gameplan, and executes better, which one is better coached?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

In response to PhatRex's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Umm, the Jets D currently allows 150 yards on the ground per game (average).  Apparently, the Jets D never had a foundation and Tannenboob and Rex Ryan have no been there for 4+ years running that sinking ship.

I'd say BB is MILES ahead of your team in this area.

You won't be playing the Colts every week, spanky.

[/QUOTE]

Yes miles and miles - it's amazing how far ahead BB is with allowing 4th quarter touchdowns, watching leads evaporate in the 4th quarter, leading the NFL in deep passes allowed, missing repeatedly on drafting cornerbaclks and safeties in the first and second rounds and allowing rookie QBs to post a rating of 133 - oh wait, that was Brady's fault because he was ONE FOR SIX! ONE FOR SIX! ONE FOR SIX IN THE RED ZONE!

[/QUOTE]

It's also pretty amazing how Jets fans like you keep the faith despite the 43 year drought. So when the Jets lose tomorrow, will you still continue to post, or will you hibernate till the Jets show promise?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rodimus77. Show Rodimus77's posts

[QUOTE]

WHich means he's a tool. I don't Pats fans on a Rams, Panthers or Eagles board.  It's pathetic. He's a dorky millenial generation toolbag. 

[/QUOTE]

Could not have said it better myself. How is it that you get banned, and this dude with his obvious avatar's and statements is allowed to stay? Make's no sense mods!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from LazarusintheSanatorium. Show LazarusintheSanatorium's posts

I don't know too much about Pete Carrol's HOF Coach team-rebuilding, Defensive geniuses, or unparralled GM'ing prowess...

ALL I know is that he took a NE Pats Team that went to the SB under Parcells in 1997, and fielded a squad that was suddenly getting spanked at least once, but sometimes both times by our biggest rivals (the BB/BP led NYJ's), and after that I'm not even sure if we even made the playoffs once under him (unless he was the bridge before Parcells...see, I actually don't even remember, sorta telling in itself). 

But I'm sure he's great...His "greatness" however, never actually transferred to it being beneficial to me, a NE Patriots Fan, in any way, shape, or form.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

All teams have weaknesses and the Patriots weakness is their pass defense. It didn't prevent them from making the super bowl last year and it's not the reason they lost the super bowl. Are you saying the Seahawks will go to the super bowl with their super D? I'll take the Patriots over the Seahawks any day.

[/QUOTE]

actually it's the exact reason you lost the super bowl-watch that last drive again

[/QUOTE]

Shhhh. They like it in their little world where defensive collapses at the end of close games are all Brady's fault because he didn't produce 30+ points despite no effective running or his star TE.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Yeah, BB didn't know who Brady was but told Grier to go scout him for his assessment.

Do you ever stop with this desperation, finding ways to somehow disparage anything BB does?

Again, this is proof of your agenda right here. Just like the trolls or irrationals. All of a sudden moron Pete Carroll is superior to BB because Jay Shizzly/PatsFan76, a troll here has a new board name and wants to troll here.

[/QUOTE]

Prove BB told Grier about Brady. You love to make things up. It was the other way around.

I give BB credit that once he got Brady he recognized he had breat potential and kept him around. I don't give BB credit for the things he didn't do.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

that, gronks injury and most imprtantly b obrian.

on point jint.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bredbru. Show bredbru's posts

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Manning wouldn't have had that rating if our offense didn't  act like morons on 3 key plays in the game.  The D allowed 1 TD and 2 FGs all game! 

Have you noticed that the very dumb Pats fan on this board looks at box scores exclusively as their reasoning for something and either don't watch the games to see how a game progresses and they whys at to how something unfolded?

It's like they're accepting of the concept that Eli Manning totally outplayed Brady. Manning didn't take s Safety on the first play from scrimmage, didn't toss a horrendous INT on 1st down in NE territory to a gimpy TE with an underthrown ball and he didn't throw high to anyone who was wide open.

Fact, fact and fact.

I don't want my QB, who is better than Eli Manning playing worse than Eli Manning when he's paid 20 million per year. Period.

[/QUOTE]

I am saying that part of the reason that Manning outplay Brady was because Brady had to go against the Giants defense while Manning went against the Patriots.

The Giants offense had zero three and outs in the Super Bowl. In fact, on every possession they got a minimum of two first downs. Their "worst" drive of the game, was 7 plays for 22 yards. They started on their own 23 yard-line and after the punted pinned the Patriots back at their own 4 yard-line. So even that was a succesful drive in that it flipped the field and left the Pats 96 yards from their end zone.

All of that was a result of a superior game plan by the Giants. They held onto the ball for 38 minutes, nearly 2/3 of the game. That was the same strategy the Parcell/Belichick Giants used to beat the Bills in the Super Bowl.

So if one team comes out with a better gameplan, and executes better, which one is better coached?

[/QUOTE]

+3

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

no digger-i think eli-to-manningham was a brilliant play on both ends and one of the great plays in SB history-and yes both SB's we played were tough and close. My point is that your pass D is not that good and many of those receivers were wide open-good as Eli was...u have to admit, there was not much resistance on that final drive, either pass rush or pass defense

It was no different from the 2001 and 2003 super bowls. The defense blew leads in those games too. The only difference was the Patriots had the ball last.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Digger...the pats had the ball last in 07 and last year. you can question if they had enough time, but they did have shots in both years and couldn't get it done. 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to FrnkBnhm's comment:
    [QUOTE]+1

I would agree that Eli 75% completion percent and 103 passer rating was a part of why they Patriots lost.  If the Patriots had a good pass defense Manning would not have two Super Bowl MVP trophies...
    [/QUOTE]

If the Patriots were better they would have won. Brilliant.

[/QUOTE]

Fact, fact and fact.

[/QUOTE]

I seriously can't believe you are this capable to write something so stupid (although I think we're all past the point of surprise with you). 

Let's just make it simple so even YOU can understand. If and that's a huge IF, the Patriot's defense was able to magically play good pass defense in our last Super Bowl and beat the Giants Brady would of won the game's MVP award hands down...money, no problem, guaranteed. Why? Not because he's Mr. Cutie Pants or Mr. Spoiled Bratt, but because he played pretty darn well during that game against a defense that was pressuring him the entire game. He played well without the aid of a decent running back or defense that could get him the ball back. He moved the ball (and scored) despite having to start from some of the most terrible field position in the history of this game. Why did he have terrible field position? Because when the defense did magically "stop" the Giants they ate up so much clock and field that we were consistently pinned deep. Despite that, Brady lead this offense on one of the longest drives in Super Bowl history for a score. 

It's cute though how you can pin point two mistakes he made in what? Forty Pass attempts? You don't mention any of the drops by our wide receivers (one that would of won the game for us) and two others that could of won the game for us on that last drive. You don't metion that he was playing with TWO tightends that were injured up (to say the least) and you make no mention that what was left of our offense was Welker, a guy that's not really a wide receiver (Edelman) and a wife beating twitter hack (Ocho - Rusty's binky).

Hey, how's Ocho working out for you? You still think he has skills and all he needs is a QB that will involve him in the offense? How involved is he now, bozo? 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I agree, it is definitely better not to look at the box scores if you want to keep pretenting that the final TD the defense gave up never happened.  The defense giving up a nine-play, 88 yard drive in 2:49 at the end of the game is exactly the problem . . . it's giving up these big pass plays that kill us over and over, including last week in Seattle.  Make all the excuses for the secondary you want.  Try to deflect all the blame on Brady.  But until the secondary is fixed, the box scores are going to continue to tell a story you don't want to read . . .

Sections
Shortcuts