The reason why BB didn't draft Pass rush!!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from nathan-ndeira. Show nathan-ndeira's posts

The reason why BB didn't draft Pass rush!!

Eric Moore, who we signed late in the season had 2 sacks in 4 games, i think he is the reason why BB didn't address the pass rush because he wants to pair him along side Cunningham. Lets hope he becomes a threat off the edge!!. He can stop the run and get off blockers and can force fumble on the QB, i hope he becomes comething like cameron wake. Cunningham i really hope becomes a threat off the edge this year and improves which i think he will, he showned promise last year. The Dline will be back and healthy. Remember there will be free agency, and because of the lockout, thats probably why BB didn't draft a front 7 guy, to be able to train them up and learn the system. right now there is no OTA's so to me BB has done the right thing.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: The reason why BB didn't draft Pass rush!!

I thought the sacks he had were coverage type of sacks and his body of work in the NFL leaves a lot to be desired...hope I'm wrong and stranger things have happend. Just don't think that a guy that has played in the league for a while and has not produced as a pass rusher; all the sudden becomes one. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Mike Wright and Myron Pryor BOTH got injured last season

Ty Warren was injured last season

All three are factors in the pass rush at defensive end

Also, I took it to mean that he has confidence in Cunningham

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

As for players currently on the roster, you may also see my personal dark horse (Dane Fletcher) get some increased burn off the edge. The kid flashed some ability in limited reps last season as an URFA out of Montana State.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In Response to Re: The reason why BB didn't draft Pass rush!!:
    [QUOTE]Mike Wright and Myron Pryor BOTH got injured last season Ty Warren was injured last season All three are factors in the pass rush at defensive end Also, I took it to mean that he has confidence in Cunningham
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I'd love to see all these players come back healthy next year and contribute and maybe that will happen, but I really worry that Wright is facing a career ending type of situation and Ty Warren never was a pass rusher. I love what I've seen out of Pryor and hope his back injury is a thing of the past.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

the other reason might be because they think they can get an OLB through free agency...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

[QUOTE]As for players currently on the roster, you may also see my personal dark horse (Dane Fletcher) get some increased burn off the edge. The kid flashed some ability in limited reps last season as an URFA out of Montana State.
    Posted by mbeaulieu07[/QUOTE]

Love what I saw out of Dane...he's got a burst that makes him look like he was shot out a cannon. At 6-1/6-2...is a little short, but yeah he's one of those guys who you got to think will help in that department.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

What have we become? We now hope and pray scrubs somehow become the second coming of Tom Brady, but on defense. And we had the resources to get a guy like Quinn but our genius was too mega-brilliant to go for that. Just like he was too brilliant to bother with Matthews. Get used to what you have seen for too many years now. Only luck can win us a SB at this point, thanks to the bungled drafts of so many years.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

such as who?

[QUOTE]the other reason might be because they think they can get an OLB through free agency...
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

BB said in his presser: when everyone picks front 7 players in front of the Pats....that elevates the value of other key positions such as CB.

I agree with BB's conclusion that picking the 3rd best CB is better than picking the 10th best DT/DE.

Just makes sense....sound logic.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

[QUOTE]What have we become? We now hope and pray scrubs somehow become the second coming of Tom Brady, but on defense. And we had the resources to get a guy like Quinn but our genius was too mega-brilliant to go for that. Just like he was too brilliant to bother with Matthews. Get used to what you have seen for too many years now. Only luck can win us a SB at this point, thanks to the bungled drafts of so many years.
    Posted by BabeParilli[/QUOTE]

Babe, I might be wrong, but I dont remember ANYONE yelling for Matthews in that draft.  I heard many names spoken, but not his.  Now, after the fact people bring it up and regret it, but I really dont remember any from then.  Now if I missed someone that was blowing his horn, I am sorry, but I just dont remember it and am too lazy to dig up that draft thread to see.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

i like dane too, i think he's on the verge of cult status. but he is really a middle backer. he has great instincts and a nose for the ball, but too small to play the edge. i'm still excited about his future though. and i'm glad we're discussing him....but man the start of this thread is laughable! eric moore the reason we didnt draft defense....the guy is a UFL castoff. that hardly makes him cameron wake. keep dreaming. nobody knows why BB drafted te way he did, but i'm pretty sure eric moore did not enter his thought process.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pats-fan-2007. Show pats-fan-2007's posts

I admit to definitely NOT wanting Mathews in the 1st round.

He was a 1 year wonder, had put on a ton of muscle weight over a 2 year span. So people were wondering if he had "fortified" his diet with supplements.

He's been much better in the Pros than @ USC.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from titletownfan. Show titletownfan's posts

Maybe BB anticipates the Franchise Tag being eliminated from the NFL, and plans to sign Woodley or Hali in Free Agency.  Long shot, but who knows?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from murghkhor. Show murghkhor's posts

What's wrong with you guys. 

IT'S SO SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND.

BB doesn't pick for need. He picks the best player on the board. It's served him well before and I bet it will serve him well again. The need part is filled from FA. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

We seriously NEEDED a Left Tackle. Regardless of what anyone says the Oline has cost us more than anything in the playoffs.Matt Light is a turnstile. BB seriously fortified the Oline. He infused the RB core with power(Ridley) and pass catching(Vereen). Vereen was my favorite RB in the draft leagues ahead of Mikel Maron....I mean Leshoure. And Ras I Dowling is quickly gonna become a fan favorite and Pro-bowler and not a Brandon Merriweather pro bowler either a legit one. We have an extra 1st and a 2nd next year and another first in 2013(Mallett) or an injury replacement for Tom. This may go down as Bills best draft ever. So grow up people.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

[QUOTE]What have we become? We now hope and pray scrubs somehow become the second coming of Tom Brady, but on defense. And we had the resources to get a guy like Quinn but our genius was too mega-brilliant to go for that. Just like he was too brilliant to bother with Matthews. Get used to what you have seen for too many years now. Only luck can win us a SB at this point, thanks to the bungled drafts of so many years.

Either you haven't watched the Pats since Parilli was replaced by the great Mike Taliaferro or you are "odd" or you are ignorant or you are a Jets fan. I suspect the latter. For in fact the Pats got Mike Taliaferro from the Jets!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]I thought the sacks he had were coverage type of sacks [/QUOTE]
    I guess those dont count? I've never seen that stat coverage sack. It seems to me if everybody is covered the QB can just throw the ball away. "Coverage sack" is the battlecry of the ignorant.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]The proof will be in the pudding this upcoming season. Lets get the ball 4th and 2 on the Colts side of the field, with under 2 minutes left, clinging to a slim lead. Sound familiar? Does Bill punt or go for it? We`d see how he really felt about his defense then.
    Posted by SUZUKIGSXR[/QUOTE]
    I remember that play seems to me we converted that play but were scarewed

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from nathan-ndeira. Show nathan-ndeira's posts

The past couple of years the patriots have been getting much younger on the defensive side of the ball. Our line backer core is young. To me i think Mccourty and Dowling are the future CB's of the franchise. To me it was time to put soem youth back into the offence. When they draft Vollmer, the line was still in their prime. They allowed him to develop and to me i think he should be the LT and put Solder at RT. The 2 running backs will help balance the offence more. Have a dynamic running attack that is versitile is what the offence needs. Our passing attack will be even stronger if the running game is a threat. Marcus cannon will be a pro bowler, he's big enough to take on 2 guys!! and has great footwork and will just open up running lanes!! not to mention he'll give brady more time in the pocket will his ability to block defenders in the middle.

I don't think there will be a rookie salary cap this year, but they will put one in next year and BB will take advantage of that. There will be 2 Alabama LB's in next years draft!! Nick Saban, the guy to look at will be Courtney Upshaw, BB will want him Cool

Maybe the patriots will address the Dline in free agency, we already signed Marcus Stroud, maybe we go after Woodley. Just be positive. Because Brady will train the youth on Offence and to me i think the offence will be better this year.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

Kiwanuka maybe in free agency

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The reason why BB didn't draft Pass rush!! : Babe, I might be wrong, but I dont remember ANYONE yelling for Matthews in that draft.  I heard many names spoken, but not his.  Now, after the fact people bring it up and regret it, but I really dont remember any from then.  Now if I missed someone that was blowing his horn, I am sorry, but I just dont remember it and am too lazy to dig up that draft thread to see.
    Posted by MordecaiBloodmoon[/QUOTE]

All 3 USC LBs were highly desirable, and Pat fans have been begging for a top LB for years now.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tenacioust. Show tenacioust's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The reason why BB didn't draft Pass rush!! : All 3 USC LBs were highly desirable, and Pat fans have been begging for a top LB for years now.
    Desirable? Do you find a lot of line backers desirable? Babe

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from USMCM1A1. Show USMCM1A1's posts

[QUOTE]What's wrong with you guys.  IT'S SO SIMPLE TO UNDERSTAND. BB doesn't pick for need. He picks the best player on the board. It's served him well before and I bet it will serve him well again. The need part is filled from FA. 
    Posted by murghkhor[/QUOTE]

Small caveat: his board, not the board, but yea, you're correct.  BB is pretty clear about this--no one appears to listen.

Sections
Shortcuts