The replay equipment not functional

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

The replay equipment not functional

What the heck was up with that? The TV replay worked fine. The guy up in the booth could get feeds from that. So let me get this straight. If the replay stuff breaks then they just go with the ruling on the field?

In this day and age of electronics they could have found another way to check the replay, or fix the problem. Shame on you NFL.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Re: The replay equipment not functional

Agreed. What a bizarre situation...

Call me cynical, but I can't help but wonder if that "malfunction" didn't happen by accident. I'm likely wrong, but it isn't entirely absurd.

Let's go Pats!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

I agree! I was at the game and was telling my friends that they'd overturn the catch and it would get us that much closer to icing the game. And wow, the replay wasn't working?? I was near the sideline and Belichick was livid.

"The night is darkest just before the dawn. And I promise you, the dawn is coming." --- Harvey Dent

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Regardless, the replay official needs to have eyes checked in that bogus ball placement which was reviewed and not changed.  Bolden was clearly in 1st down territory.

AGCSBill, just a fan havin' fun!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

Inexcuseable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from expertmike. Show expertmike's posts

The refs gave the home team every opportunity possible to win that game.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

What a joke.

Some Falcons exec went and messed with the fuse box.  LOL!

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I'll wager BB knew the catch was good....he did that to give his D a rest and to slow the game down a bit...and he got the rest and kept his TO so it worked out fine....

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from darwk. Show darwk's posts

In response to expertmike's comment:

They really did.  Not subtle with their bias. NFL brass should review game calls refs should be fined or sit out their next gig when they are not doing their job. The crew last night made the replacement ref debacle look good.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

Personally I thought it was a catch so I don't think it really hurt us but that blown 1st down replay was insane. I remember watching the line judge coming over and yelling that he saw the spot and he had his foot right on the hash maker and pointed to it a number of times then they placed the ball a half yrd back from where the line judge had his foot down and was yelling? Even if the yellow line can't be used to judge a 1st it's a great way to understand where the ball landed as it's a straight line. Right before the hash was covered by bodies you could easily see the back of the yellow was just inside the has and the balls nose was on the front end of the yellow which places the ball right where the side judge marked but was called off of.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriots. Show themightypatriots's posts

Talib gets called for PI when Jones is pushing off him.  Blount gets called a yard short of where he actually was.  Replay system stops working for the only time that I can remember.  Looks like the NFL still hates the Pats.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

He was right by the 36 yard hash mark.  You could see it on the replay.  It was clear he made it past the hash and they marked short.  That should a have been the ball game right there.  They could have corrected it but screwed it up.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

When Dobson was being grabbed in the end zone he was more than 5 yards past the LOS.  Heck, the LOS was the five.  if you're still engaged with the receiver in the end zone, it must be more than 5 yards downfield.  Easy!  No wonder Brady got in the refs face.  It should have been the easiest call they make all day.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Goodell and the nfl are trying to keep it close. Just another form of forced parity. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

In response to expertmike's comment:

Agreed!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

Personally I thought it was a catch so I don't think it really hurt us but that blown 1st down replay was insane. I remember watching the line judge coming over and yelling that he saw the spot and he had his foot right on the hash maker and pointed to it a number of times then they placed the ball a half yrd back from where the line judge had his foot down and was yelling? Even if the yellow line can't be used to judge a 1st it's a great way to understand where the ball landed as it's a straight line. Right before the hash was covered by bodies you could easily see the back of the yellow was just inside the has and the balls nose was on the front end of the yellow which places the ball right where the side judge marked but was called off of.

I swear by lil 10 pound bearded baby Jesus

Yup... the official on the near sideline, and who had a much better view, was marking the spot further up with his foot. For some reason, it was the far sideline, whose view was obstructed by all the bodies, who got his way. 

Definitely something fishy there.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

When Dobson was being grabbed in the end zone he was more than 5 yards past the LOS.  Heck, the LOS was the five.  if you're still engaged with the receiver in the end zone, it must be more than 5 yards downfield.  Easy!  No wonder Brady got in the refs face.  It should have been the easiest call they make all day.

To me, what was most egregious about that was the official was standing 5 yards away from the hold, on the back line of the end zone. There was no way he should have missed the action. What's going on NFL? Are you not paying vision benefits for the refs?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

At first I thought BB kind of over reacted to the whole thing considering the score and then I watched the rest of the game....Wow, Luckilly we won or BB would have blown a head gasket after the game!

To be fair regarding the Refs. Did you guys not see us jamming Tony G with 2 guys....10 yards downfield??  Take the W and move on.

"Take care of my B*tch, I may need her back in a couple years"

Brady to Manning after Wes signed with Denver

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

In response to bostatewarrior's comment:

The refs should have also called hitting the head of a defenseless receiver on that Dobson play. Who says the NFL isn't the NF(WWE)L?

Sections
Shortcuts