The Roethlisberger Files: This is getting interesting...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Trox1. Show Trox1's posts

Re: The Roethlisberger Files: This is getting interesting...

I hate the Steelers and don't really care for Ben.  That being said I'd be quite shocked based on what we know if Ben loses this case.  It reeealy looks like this girl is making this up.   He has every right and should drag her name threw the mud if she is indeed making this up.

Most likely he baanged her and never called her again.  Sorry but their really isn't anything wrong with that(certainly not legally perhaps morally depending on the situation e.g., leading her on making her think he really liked her to get her to spread her legs).

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: The Roethlisberger Files: This is getting interesting...:
    I agree if she were my daughter, and I believed she was telling the truth, I would be upset. But I would have done everything in my power to get her to go to the cops. If she had been raped I'd want the guy to get exactly the same...raped by "Bubba" in the state pen! 
    Posted by bubthegrub2

Couldn't agree more.  If it were my daughter, and she was only filing a civil lawsuit, I would tie her up and carry her to the police station and use every means available to coerce her into filing a police report.  If she said to me "but dad, I don't care if he goes to jail, I just want to get paid..." I would probably think I failed as a parent.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BEANCLOWNS. Show BEANCLOWNS's posts

Ben didnt do anything.  just another psycho chick.  she will dump her case like the load ben dumped on her belly

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

If you believe the accuser, then you probably believe Ben is just mounting a slime campaign.  If you don't believe the accuser, then you probably think Ben is just giving the girl what she deserves.  How nice would you be to someone who is falsely accusing you of something? I find it interesting how many people took the accusers lawsuit filing as a statement of facts, and when Ben's attorneys respond, it's just a slime campaign.  I'm skeptical of the accuser for many reasons; none of which are the latest docs files by Ben's attorneys.   1. No criminal complaint filed.  Once she went public with the civil complaint, all valid reasons for not filing a criminal complaint went into the trash.  Well, there is one valid reason left.  Her chances of an out of court settlement are much greater before she files a criminal suit. 2. She has no interest in seeing Ben incarcerated.  Kobe's and Tysons's accusers were both pursuing criminal justice too.  In both cases, the criminal complaints were filed first. 3. There is a sworn affidavit from her friend that she was basically obsessed with Ben after the encounter.  She was bragging about the encounter. 4. There were 18 pages of emails and chat transcripts released (if they are proven legit) clearly showing the girl was not disturbed by any encounter with Ben.  In fact, she was bragging. 5. Her therapy seemed to be connected to her affair with a married soldier, who in fact was just the soldier's wife pretending to be the soldier. 6. I said long before Ben's attorneys wrote it in their response that the timing of the lawsuit was perfect for extracting an out of court settlement. So I am skeptical of the accuser, but will not go so far as to say she is lying.  Nor can I accuse Ben.  I don't think this will see a trial.  I think this will get settled out of court for some "token" (i.e. insignificant) amount, or the charges will get dropped.  Perhaps her attorneys will simply drop her.  I think her case is falling apart, but not because of the filing from Ben's attorneys.  We're simply getting the "Paul Harvey Rest of the Story" now.
    Posted by carawaydj

Read the Pittsburg newspaper article again. If it isn't a slime campaign, I don't know what is. There are virtually no facts contained in it. Nothing more than a very professional orchestrated slime job consisting of pure conjecture, speculation and character assassinations aimed at this woman. I don't see how anyone could possibly believe that the Pittsburg paper is simply presenting "the rest of the story".
    You're talking about affidavits and emails that you haven't seen as if they were facts and taking her decision not to file criminal charges as evidence of her guilt. The way she's getting dumped on now show exactly why women often do not file criminal charges against a rapist, not to mention a criminal case has a much higher burden of proof on the state than a civil case has on a plaintiff. 
    I'm not saying I believe her, I'm just saying I'd like to see the facts presented to a jury and it burns my azz to see a multi-millionaire like ratlisberger trying to use his money and power to crush this woman before she ever gets to tell her version  in court, exactly as bill clinton and kobe bryant did.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: The Roethlisberger Files: This is getting interesting... : WRONG!  The spokeswoman for either the DA or the Sheriff addressed this very matter when this first hit the press.  I'm sure you can Google this.  She stated in very clear terms, that since there were no witnesses to this purported act, and no physical evidence, they cannot pursue this matter unless the alleged victim files a criminal complaint.   So not only has she not filed a criminal complaint, she is preventing the authorities from even pursuing criminal charges.  If I were king for a day, it would be illegal to file a civil suit around the commission of a crime without filing a criminal complaint.
    Posted by carawaydj

No, you're wrong. The victim doesn't decide whether to prosecute, the DA's office does. Yes, the victim has to file a complaint. The cops then investigate her allegations and file a report. The guy who has to try the ultimate decision to bring charges is the DA's office; spoecifically lawyer who will be prosecuting the perp. He alone decides whether to file charges and what those charges will be. He then has the burden of proving each and every element of that charge beyond a reasonable doubt.
    I'm not speculating on how I think it works. I know exactly how the system does work from years as a practicing criminal attorney.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: The Roethlisberger Files: This is getting interesting... : Read the Pittsburg newspaper article again. If it isn't a slime campaign, I don't know what is. There are virtually no facts contained in it. Nothing more than a very professional orchestrated slime job consisting of pure conjecture, speculation and character assassinations aimed at this woman. I don't see how anyone could possibly believe that the Pittsburg paper is simply presenting "the rest of the story". You're talking about affidavits and emails that you haven't seen as if they were facts and taking her decision not to file criminal charges as evidence of her guilt. The way she's getting dumped on now show exactly why women often do not file criminal charges against a rapist, not to mention a criminal case has a much higher burden of proof on the state than a civil case has on a plaintiff.  I'm not saying I believe her, I'm just saying I'd like to see the facts presented to a jury and it burns my azz to see a multi-millionaire like ratlisberger trying to use his money and power to crush this woman before she ever gets to tell her version  in court, exactly as bill clinton and kobe bryant did.
    Posted by unclealfie

As I said in my original post, I AM NOT basing my suspicions on what Ben's lawyers recently filed.  There is a sworn affidavit by her friend filed, as well as 18 pages of emails and chat transcripts that were released.  The authenticity of the emails has not yet been determined publicly.  I suppose I can say the latest act by his attorneys is a slime campaign.  Perhaps I should clarify my intent.  If Ben is guilty, then conducting a slime campaign on top of his guilt makes him even more despicable.  If Ben is guilty, then the Clinton comparison you provided in an earlier post is quite accurate.  However, if he is not guilty, and the girl is lying, then he needs to kick his slime campaign up a notch.  So I'll admit the latest docs amount to a slime campaign, but I'll also say that if he is innocent, the girl deserves all the slime they can give her.  If he is innocent, she should get as much grief as he can dish out.  

The "Paul Harvey Rest of the Story" that's starting to come out is not the latest filing by Ben's attorneys, but the released emails, released chat transcripts, and affidavit by her friend.  Her case is unraveling.  I definitely lean more towards her accusations are false than that she is a victim.  Therefore, I'm less apt to feel she is being unjustly slimed, and more apt to feel she is simply getting about 10% of what she deserves.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to Re: The Roethlisberger Files: This is getting interesting... : As I said in my original post, I AM NOT basing my suspicions on what Ben's lawyers recently filed.  There is a sworn affidavit by her friend filed, as well as 18 pages of emails and chat transcripts that were released.  The authenticity of the emails has not yet been determined publicly.  I suppose I can say the latest act by his attorneys is a slime campaign.  Perhaps I should clarify my intent.  If Ben is guilty, then conducting a slime campaign on top of his guilt makes him even more despicable.  If Ben is guilty, then the Clinton comparison you provided in an earlier post is quite accurate.  However, if he is not guilty, and the girl is lying, then he needs to kick his slime campaign up a notch.  So I'll admit the latest docs amount to a slime campaign, but I'll also say that if he is innocent, the girl deserves all the slime they can give her.  If he is innocent, she should get as much grief as he can dish out.   The "Paul Harvey Rest of the Story" that's starting to come out is not the latest filing by Ben's attorneys, but the released emails, released chat transcripts, and affidavit by her friend.  Her case is unraveling.  I definitely lean more towards her accusations are false than that she is a victim.  Therefore, I'm less apt to feel she is being unjustly slimed, and more apt to feel she is simply getting about 10% of what she deserves.
    Posted by carawaydj

That's my point. I agree that if this is all fake then she deserves to get dumped on but we won't know if its fake or not that until she there's a fair trial.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

What ever happened to class? This trial is not going to be won or lost in the media so why is there a need to ear this women down in the media unless he did something and wants to scare her? Seriously have some class, be teh bigger person, if Ben is innocent then why not gather up all this information and then once in court reveal it then? Dragging her name through the mud and trying to slam her in the media only make Ben look guilty IMO. If he didnt do it then he has nothing to worry about and he should go about this with some class which he is not doing.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

What ever happened to class? This trial is not going to be won or lost in the media so why is there a need to ear this women down in the media unless he did something and wants to scare her? Seriously have some class, be teh bigger person, if Ben is innocent then why not gather up all this information and then once in court reveal it then? Dragging her name through the mud and trying to slam her in the media only make Ben look guilty IMO. If he didnt do it then he has nothing to worry about and he should go about this with some class which he is not doing.
    Posted by MVPkilla

I would agree with you if this were a civil dispute that didn't have criminal implications like a contract dispute or something.  I could probably agree with you if he was simply accused of a non-violent criminal act.  He's being accused of rape however.  I can speak for myself, and only myself, that IF I were innocent and falsely accused of a crime as hideous as this, I would use every ounce of energy I had to demoralize my accuser into jumping off a bridge.  There would be no class whatsoever.  I would feel no obligation to wait until the trial.  I would spend every day of my life and most of my wealth trying to make the accuser's life miserable.  Once again, that is what I would do if I were an innocent person wrongly accused.  If I were guilty and did this then I would deserve to rot in H@ll for eternity. 

Whether or not Ben's slime campaign should be forgiven depends on his guilt.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Well, the "slime campaign" is most likely the work of the attorneys, not Ben. This sort of thing happens in any case which involves high profile litigants. I'm with caraway, if it were my daughter I would try everything possible to make her file a criminal complaint. As for the comparison to OJ, that goes two ways. One, it proves you can win a civil case without getting a conviction. Two, it proves that an innocent man can be ruined financially over a preponderance of evidence rather than cold hard facts. I'm not saying OJ was innocent. But to me, if he was aquitted, he shouldn't have to be punished by another court. It wasn't like it was a hung jury, or he got off on a technicality. But that's neither here nor there. I understand how a woman might be afraid of repercussions from filing a complaint like this. But she will get the same treatment in a civil case, so why not at least file the criminal complaint? It would give her more creedence either way. I assume it would be up to a grand jury whether or not to prosecute in criminal court. They might not indict Ben. But refusal on her part to try only makes her look like a gold digger. She is going to face the same scruitiny (or slander if you prefer) in any case. And a lot of what Ben's attorneys filed motions on was not simply mudslinging. There is the affadavit of the other woman (who claims she bragged about "doing" Ben). There are supposedly e-mails concerning the event (though I don't suppose the public will get to hear what they said). This is all SOP in these kinds of cases. I'm sure her attorneys are busy with their own shovels as well. Just because they haven't gone public yet doesn't mean they don't have their own load of fertilizer to dump on this mess. I'm not going to try and judge, but the lack of a criminal complaint weighs heavily on my mind. IMO that is more damaging to her case than anything Ben's lawyers can sling around in the press. But most here (on both sides) are right about one thing. There is too much innuendo and not enough facts in the public to know anything for sure at this point!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RETROP. Show RETROP's posts

Posted by MVPkilla

Whatever happened to:

Re: Specific details in the Roethlisberger sexual assualt case

posted at 7/24/2009 2:01 PM EDT

First: 6/26/2008
    Last: 8/24/2009
    CarawayDJ it is this simple, to me anyway, in the end all teh super bowls you win wont come to teh grave with you. The only thing you bring with you in the end is your name so I dont care if it is a distraction to the team or iff people are telling him to settle this and get it over with, this is his name we are talking about. If a girl accuses me of r ape and I know i didnt do it I am going to fight it in court football player or not. Its called honor and if he has any he wont settle out of court. If you pay the dime its cause you did the crime. I would do as you say and I would counter sue and take her for all she has. I would send a message to every person out there that if you try and lie and pull a quick one that there are some people still left in this world that will fight you till death to prove their innocence and I am one of them. Maybe Big Ben is not one of those people, maybe he cares more about this season then he does about clearing his own name but to me you dont pay someone hush money unless you did something wrong

????????????

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

wwsf4ever, with regard to: " Again the person suing him is doing so for $440K- Not 10MIL when he sined what a $100mil contract?", this is only a half truth.  While the lawsuit does indeed mention 440K, this does not include the punitive damages part of the suit, which is determined by the jury.  In other words, if Ben was found guilty, the jury can/will award punitive damages that can be several multiples of the actual damages (440K).  The limit varies by state.  I'm surprised nobody is picking up on that.  In a common scenario, she might win 440K in damages, but then receive punitive damages by the jury of 3X that amount.  That would now bring her amount to $1.76 million.  Since punitive damages are decided by the jury, you will not see a concrete number at this stage.   So no, she is not suing for 440K.  She claims 440K in damages, but the punitive damages part of a civil lawsuit will far exceed the actual damages; especially in cases where physical harm was done.  In reality, if she wins, she will get between 1.5 to 2 million.  If that still seems like a small amount to you, we need to become good friends so you can pick up the bar tab.
    Posted by carawaydj

AGREED.. but "IF" he is guilty then he deserves to pay the punitive damages... HER suit if for $440K.. and she could get ZERO after.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

I hate the Steelers and don't really care for Ben.  That being said I'd be quite shocked based on what we know if Ben loses this case.  It reeealy looks like this girl is making this up.   He has every right and should drag her name threw the mud if she is indeed making this up. Most likely he baanged her and never called her again.  Sorry but their really isn't anything wrong with that(certainly not legally perhaps morally depending on the situation e.g., leading her on making her think he really liked her to get her to spread her legs).
    Posted by Trox1

Oh yeah, I can tell where the stories look like Ben didn;t do it....

She gave a detailed story....

He said I HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH HER WHATSOEVER -originally....

Then he said I DID NOT RAPE HER....
    Then his lawyers tried to pay her off....
    Now they are trying to BEAT her into submission...... HMMMM

Oh yeah I can see why you think SHE is lying.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

In Response to Re: The Roethlisberger Files: This is getting interesting... : Couldn't agree more.  If it were my daughter, and she was only filing a civil lawsuit, I would tie her up and carry her to the police station and use every means available to coerce her into filing a police report.  If she said to me "but dad, I don't care if he goes to jail, I just want to get paid..." I would probably think I failed as a parent.
    Posted by carawaydj

But would your daughter be saying that she just wanted to be paid... or something more to the liking of:

Dad I have these huge Psychologist bills from this, and well... I really do not need the trauma of this guy raping me again in court wile his lawyers slobber all over my family?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wwsf4ever. Show wwsf4ever's posts

In Response to Re: The Roethlisberger Files: This is getting interesting... : I would agree with you if this were a civil dispute that didn't have criminal implications like a contract dispute or something.  I could probably agree with you if he was simply accused of a non-violent criminal act.  He's being accused of rape however.  I can speak for myself, and only myself, that IF I were innocent and falsely accused of a crime as hideous as this, I would use every ounce of energy I had to demoralize my accuser into jumping off a bridge.  There would be no class whatsoever.  I would feel no obligation to wait until the trial.  I would spend every day of my life and most of my wealth trying to make the accuser's life miserable.  Once again, that is what I would do if I were an innocent person wrongly accused.  If I were guilty and did this then I would deserve to rot in H@ll for eternity.  Whether or not Ben's slime campaign should be forgiven depends on his guilt.
    Posted by carawaydj

Well there you go.... That is the way the PERPS act also... they try to get their accuser to kill themselves.....  It is not only the innocent who try it, it is also the GUILTY.

If Ben was a man he would have kept saying it will come out in court and when it does you will all know the truth!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: The Roethlisberger Files: This is getting interesting... : But would your daughter be saying that she just wanted to be paid... or something more to the liking of: Dad I have these huge Psychologist bills from this, and well... I really do not need the trauma of this guy raping me again in court wile his lawyers slobber all over my family?
    Posted by wwsf4ever

And then I tell her "I raised you to have more sense than that.  You know that you will receive every bit as much scrutiny in a civil suit as you will if there is a criminal trial?"  And then she says "Yeah, dad, that does make sense".

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

I wonder where the idea of defending yourself to the fullest extent went?

Maybe this is part of what Foxnews meant when they were talking about the redistribution of wealth.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

In Response to Re: The Roethlisberger Files: This is getting interesting... : Well there you go.... That is the way the PERPS act also... they try to get their accuser to kill themselves.....  It is not only the innocent who try it, it is also the GUILTY. If Ben was a man he would have kept saying it will come out in court and when it does you will all know the truth!
    Posted by wwsf4ever

If Ben is an innocent man, he is well within his right to say anything he wants about his accuser.  If he is guilty, he's a flaming a$&hole.  Really, why does he need to wait for a trial?  He has already been publicly slimed.  For every person who thinks he should be silent, there is a person who will think his silence implies guilt.   I think the majority of us are leaning one way or the other, even though we haven't convicted anyone yet.  For all of the logic being spilled on this topic, it really comes down to this.  Those who lean towards Ben's guilt have all kinds of problems with him and his actions.  Those who lean towards his innocence are fairly forgiving of his actions.  As others have pointed out though, the latest actions are the work of his attorneys, not Ben.  I doubt Ben is calling them to give them strategy pointers.

BTW, if I were guilty, I would be a choir boy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I wonder where the idea of defending yourself to the fullest extent went? Maybe this is part of what Foxnews meant when they were talking about the redistribution of wealth.
    Posted by underdogg

Apparently, if you are accused you are supposed to exemplify a distinguished gentleman.  Your words and your actions should be gentle.  You should have full faith that in a court of law, your voice will be heard and if you did not commit the crime, you will be found innocent.  Of course, ordinary people sit on those juries that will judge you.  After reading much of the sentiment about Ben and other similar topics on this board, I am no longer surprised why so many people are being released by DNA evidence nowadays.  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

In Response to Re: The Roethlisberger Files: This is getting interesting... : Apparently, if you are accused you are supposed to exemplify a distinguished gentleman.  Your words and your actions should be gentle.  You should have full faith that in a court of law, your voice will be heard and if you did not commit the crime, you will be found innocent.  Of course, ordinary people sit on those juries that will judge you.  After reading much of the sentiment about Ben and other similar topics on this board, I am no longer surprised why so many people are being released by DNA evidence nowadays.  
    Posted by carawaydj

BAM!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Steelcurtain75. Show Steelcurtain75's posts

In Response to Re: The Roethlisberger Files: This is getting interesting... : Apparently, if you are accused you are supposed to exemplify a distinguished gentleman.  Your words and your actions should be gentle.  You should have full faith that in a court of law, your voice will be heard and if you did not commit the crime, you will be found innocent.  Of course, ordinary people sit on those juries that will judge you.  After reading much of the sentiment about Ben and other similar topics on this board, I am no longer surprised why so many people are being released by DNA evidence nowadays.  
    Posted by carawaydj

Good post carawaydj. Look at the Duke Lacrosse-players. I was so glad to see that County D.A Mike Nifong was disbarred, after the players were found innocent. Any professor who stood up for these young men was basically
     close to being tarred & feathered! The rest of the 2006 season was canceled and not only the accused players, but the rest of the team paid the price for this false accusation.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to The Roethlisberger Files: This is getting interesting...:
    This stuff is getting good. The NFL should air this case and forget about the boring pre-season games: Roethlisberger lawyers fire legal broadside in sex lawsuit Sunday, August 23, 2009 By Sadie Gurman, Pittsburgh Post-Gazette The woman accusing Ben Roethlisberger of raping her is "disturbed and unprincipled," fabricating the assault to save her job and extort a large payoff from the Steelers quarterback, his lawyers said in court documents that ask a Nevada judge to dismiss the case. An "immediate psychiatric examination is plainly warranted" for the 31-year-old woman, a self-proclaimed "sex addict" whose "severe mental health problems" were affecting her job performance, the lawyers claim. Those problems might render her "legally incompetent to proceed" with the case, they wrote. The 51-page document, filed late Friday in Reno, Nev., came one day after the woman's lawyer, Calvin R.X. Dunlap, asked the court to sanction Mr. Roethlisberger's legal team because it is trying to "bully her" into dropping her suit. Mr. Dunlap, who could not be reached for comment last night, wrote that Mr. Roethlisberger's lawyers suggested they might countersue the woman for defamation, which he said borders on criminal extortion. "Calculating the exact amount of damage plaintiff and her counsel have inflicted on Mr. Roethlisberger and his reputation will be left for another day and another proceeding," the quarterback's attorneys wrote in Friday's filing. The accuser, a former VIP host at Harrah's Lake Tahoe, claims Mr. Roethlisberger sexually assaulted her while staying at the casino-hotel for a celebrity golf tournament in July 2008. She is seeking at least $440,000 in damages from Mr. Roethlisberger and at least $50,000 in damages from the eight Harrah's employees she has named in her lawsuit. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette does not identify alleged victims of sexual assaults. The latest filings from Mr. Roethlisberger's legal team ask the court to throw out the woman's suit and prevent her from refiling it. Months before she filed the suit, the woman and her lawyer "commenced their plan to guarantee her job security and extract an extortionate payoff by making Mr. Roethlisberger the scapegoat of an employment dispute between [the woman], who was enduring severe mental health problems impacting her job performance, and Harrah's Lake Tahoe," Mr. Roethlisberger's lawyers wrote. According to the document, Mr. Dunlap sent a letter to Harrah's in April saying her job security was of "paramount importance" and "asserting claims to monetary recovery." "Our client is currently struggling with whether or not she wants to come forward and seek criminal prosecution of the celebrity," he reportedly wrote. After Harrah's refuted the woman's claims and made clear that no payment was forthcoming, Mr. Dunlap planned to "sling as much salacious mud as could be mustered against those who would not support [her] false claims," said Mr. Roethlisberger's lawyers. "We look forward to examining the Harrah's executives and employees' e-mails, online communications, personal lives, sexual conduct, extra-marital affairs and medical histories with the same vigor and in the same depth that they have felt relevant and necessary in your letter of response to this tragic occurrence," the documents say Mr. Dunlap wrote. Mr. Roethlisberger's attorneys said the plaintiff and her legal team deliberately timed the filing of the suit last month to coincide with the opening of National Football League training camp, "which ensured that the complaint would garner the attention of the national media, a critical element in her plan to exploit Mr. Roethlisberger's celebrity status to her advantage." The woman's strategy, according to the documents, is "to use our society's unfortunate and unquenchable thirst for tawdry stories about celebrities and athletes to sensationalize these proceedings and to soil the name and reputation that Mr. Roethlisberger has spent years cultivating through his athletic prowess and his charitable endeavors." Mr. Roethlisberger's attorneys charge that the woman is mentally unstable, having been hospitalized for depression and anxiety and having suffered a psychological breakdown after having an affair with a married man. They said the "media circus" surrounding her "reckless decision to sue a professional athlete" will only intensify, and "it is impossible to foresee the degree to which this reality will exacerbate her already fragile mental state." They ask the court to force her to swiftly undergo a medical examination, because she says Mr. Roethlisberger caused her emotional distress. The woman also alleges that her co-workers covered up the rape, a charge that Mr. Roethlisberger's attorneys called "fiction." She never told her co-workers, including a mentor, that she had been harmed by Mr. Roethlisberger, nor did she tell her parents or close friends, his lawyers wrote. Instead, they said, she bragged about having consensual sex with him, saying it was "soooo good," and he was "the best ever." If a judge won't dismiss the suit, Mr. Roethlisberger's lawyers want many of her "specific immaterial, impertinent and scandalous claims" stricken. Mr. Roethlisberger's lawyers this month filed a motion for a change of venue from Reno and attached to it an affidavit from the accuser's former friend and Harrah's co-worker Angela Antonetti. Mr. Dunlap said in his new motion filed on Thursday and made public on Friday that the affidavit was "unrelated and wholly irrelevant" to the question of whether the trial should be moved closer to Lake Tahoe. "The clear intent of both filings is to intimidate the plaintiff and dissuade her from pursuing her rights in court in this very serious matter," Mr. Dunlap wrote. He said it also was an attempt to persuade him to "abandon plaintiff and her case or risk personal liability." "This conduct not only warrants discipline and sanctions, but warrants denial of the privilege of practicing law in the state of Nevada," he said. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Personally, I hope he countersues this nutjob and her scumbag lawyer for about $20 Million for defamation of character.  
    Posted by CarveMaster

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

In Response to Re: The Roethlisberger Files: This is getting interesting... : And then I tell her "I raised you to have more sense than that.  You know that you will receive every bit as much scrutiny in a civil suit as you will if there is a criminal trial?"  And then she says "Yeah, dad, that does make sense".
    Posted by carawaydj

Big Ben needs to quit hanging out with Pitino in bars.

At least these guys are starting to fight back and expose these "victim" 'hoes.

Whatever happened with the Kobe Bryant suit?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

zbellino wrote: "Even if she invented the whole story, he should have just waited for trial. And as far as counter-suit goes, it is so immoral I think it should be illegal. What kind of message are we sending? That if you come forward you could have your life ruined?  Terrible." What? You think it is OK that someone could accuse an individual of something terrible, ask for damages, yet that individual should have no recourse (a countersuit) to protect their name and reputation if the accusations are false. Don't fool yourself that every "victim" out there is telling the truth. I've seen plenty of times where one spouse accuses the other of abuse for leverage in a divorce case. Names, dates, times, the whole nine yards, yet in the end all the claims are false or grossly exaggerated.  I don't know about you, but if someone accuses me of something I didn't do, drags my name through the media, you better bet I'm countersuing them for millions in damages. As others have pointed out, she is not just asking for $400,000. She is also asking for unspecified punitive damages that may amount into the millions.
    Posted by CarveMaster

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonBobBlowhard. Show BostonBobBlowhard's posts

zbellino wrote: "Even if she invented the whole story, he should have just waited for trial. And as far as counter-suit goes, it is so immoral I think it should be illegal. What kind of message are we sending? That if you come forward you could have your life ruined?  Terrible." What? You think it is OK that someone could accuse an individual of something terrible, ask for damages, yet that individual should have no recourse (a countersuit) to protect their name and reputation if the accusations are false. Don't fool yourself that every "victim" out there is telling the truth. I've seen plenty of times where one spouse accuses the other of abuse for leverage in a divorce case. Names, dates, times, the whole nine yards, yet in the end all the claims are false or grossly exaggerated.  I don't know about you, but if someone accuses me of something I didn't do, drags my name through the media, you better bet I'm countersuing them for millions in damages. As others have pointed out, she is not just asking for $400,000. She is also asking for unspecified punitive damages that may amount into the millions.
    Posted by CarveMaster

Sections
Shortcuts