The Saints for championship? Really?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RWPilk. Show RWPilk's posts

The Saints for championship? Really?

Not exactly Pats related, alright, but NE were big hype machines the last few years and made good on the hype by winning 3 superbowls and appearing in 4. This year, is anyone else getting sick of hearing about the NO Saints? They're being picked all over the place to go all the way? Seems like more than other years.

Check out more here:

http://sweetflaccoaction.blogspot.com/2009/10/here-we-geaux-again.html

Any thoughts?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from justme2. Show justme2's posts

Re: The Saints for championship? Really?

The Saints are a good team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cowtherabbit-. Show cowtherabbit-'s posts

I don't mind the Saints getting their spot in the sun.At least they keep their mouths shut for the most part.On the other hand,Farve needs to disappear.The networks and Farve are turning football into a "National Enquirer" type reality show.Every f***ing day there's some BS about him.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

they have a real good defense to go with there high powered offense.so yes i can see the saints makeing it to the big dance.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

If the Saints defense can stop playoff caliber teams they are legit. They have a good test today. As much as I HATE to admit it, Sanchez looks like he's "getting it" (certainly better than other top picks from USC). They have a two-horse race in their division, with the Panthers and Bucs being "Lionesque". We've seen what Brees can do, IMO he's as good now as Manning. They've had the offense for a few years now. If their defense can keep playing at the level they are now, I wouldn't be surprised to see them against someone like the Giants or (God forbid!) Vikings in the NFCCG. The NFC is going to be interesting this year.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrtm70. Show mrtm70's posts

Yup, no suprise here! I actually wanted them to go the SB right after Katrina hit New Orleans so bad! That would have been REALLY good for the area just like when the Pats won in 2001 after 9/11.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from NEGAME. Show NEGAME's posts

This is going to be a very interesting game, glad it's on at 4:00. I just hope the Saints can win this one and shut Ryan up for a few hours, ( although he's been kinda quiet this wek)  Oh I forgot they already played their SB!!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

The Saints hype is ok with me. As for the NFC I'm sick of hearing about Romo and Favre. The saints have a good offense, but there defense rates right there with the Falcons, not very good.

I think the NFC will come down to the Saints and NYG

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from jedinate. Show jedinate's posts

I buy the hype, their D has stepped up to (almost) match the O. They are the real deal, I hope they get to stomp the Giants, at some point, in the Playoffs.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

They look really good so far.  I think they and Minnesota could be the cream of the crop at this point, and the giants.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dwhite1220. Show dwhite1220's posts

The G-MEN are the team to beat in ths nfc.I also would like to watch the Minn. Vinkings crash & burn.The Saints will be tough in the playoffs.Will be fun to watch it all play out.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

By the transitive property of a$s-kicking, Pat fans can't complain at this moment about Saint bias.  That is, the Jets beat the Pats, and the next week the Saints smacked the Jets down.  I pretty much am in synch with all the Pat fans above: I believe the Saint hype so far.  They've been nothing but impressive...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cousteau. Show cousteau's posts

In Response to Re: The Saints for championship? Really?:
    [QUOTE]By the transitive property of a$s-kicking, Pat fans can't complain at this moment about Saint bias.  That is, the Jets beat the Pats, and the next week the Saints smacked the Jets down.  I pretty much am in synch with all the Pat fans above: I believe the Saint hype so far.  They've been nothing but impressive...
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]....there are 2 things wrong with your comments. 1. it was not a smacking. Fourteen points is not that and they were in the game. Poor decisions on good drives kept the Jets out of the end zone. Try thinking of a new word, something a little less inflammatory for you and the rest of the homers....  2. it was not "next week the Saints smacked.." It was 2 weeks. Try learning how to read a calender

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

It's hype but it's very premature. The only team in my lifetime that I can remember being hyped so much and delivering were the 2007 Patriots. Sure, we lost on a freak play in the Super Bowl but that team lived up to its hype. Look at that year closely, though. No significant injuries, weather conditions favored us for the most part, no playbook for guarding Moss and Welker with Brady.

Injuries happen. Brees could go down any game (not hoping for it but it could happen). Let's see how they handle their first loss. Let's see what happens if they get in a slugfest with a tough team. Even though they played the Jets, I don't think they've really been tested yet.

Jury's still out. If after 4 games, we crowned champions, last year's Super Bowl winner would have been the Buffalo Bills....Just saying.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

If not the Pats this year I wouldn't mind seeing the Saints winning the Super Bowl. I'd root for them over just about any AFC team not from New England.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

The Saints have a really good shot this year. If their D keeps playign tough then that offense is a super bowl offense if i ever saw one. They can score on anyone and like i said if that D keeps playign tough they have a very good shot at a championship

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

The Saints are definitely hot now.  They remind me of "the greatest show on turf" but with a defense.  Granted, it's still early in the season and anything can happen, but this looks to be one tough year for the Pats.  The NFC has a few great teams.  One of those might show up at the SB.  We have a couple tough teams in the AFC we'll need to go through too.  There are good teams every year, but it looks like there are a couple more great teams in the NFL now.

Whoever wins the Lombardi this year will really earn it.  We've had some real flukes make it to the big dance in the past few years.  I think that will end this year. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mike-J-D. Show Mike-J-D's posts

The Saints are scary.  The Pats will play them later this year so we will be able to see a bit of a litmus test there.  A lot of people were talking about the Ravens and the SB and the Pats beat them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Calmy. Show Calmy's posts

They are 4-0 and just beat an undeafeted team.  Their offense is explosive and the D looks like it might not be too bad either.  I don't think the 'hype' is all that overblown.  Assuming the Giants beat Oakland this weekend that should be a pretty fun early season showdown of undefeated teams next week in the Big Easy.

Sections
Shortcuts