3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

Re: The search for the Holy Grail.

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

McCourty failed at CB, reclamation project at S.

McCourty played well at CB this year.  He was moved to S because of injuries and ineffectiveness of other players.  People are all hung up over the Baltimore game with the PI, but DMC was playing at a high level as a CB before the switch.  Some sites like PFF had him playing some of the best football of his career at that point.  You should pay more attention.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

the holy grail is a playmaker in the defense, like we had in Bruschi and Harrison

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

This just in.  If you have to cut a high round draft pick in his rookie contract, he was a bust.  

This just in.  If you lead the league in turnovers 2 years in a row and can't be cut because of the stupid contract extension you were given which resulted in the firing of the GM you are a bust. 

I'm amused you're back here trolling.  Of course once the season starts and the Pats stomp and sweep your pathetic team for the 3rd year in a row I imagine you'll be quiet again.  It was great how you didn't show your face here for months after the Thanksgiving game.  LMAO @ U.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

I think the offense scoring less than 40% of its current year's average demonstrates the problem significantly more effectively than your failed efforts to discredit my points.  21% more points is only 3.7 pts.  The pats averaged 35 pts and only put up 13 pts.  I don't recall the pats having much trouble executing the prior week without Gronkowski.

I suspect even a troll like you understands what an average is. The offense averaged 27 ppg for the playoffs despite the Gronk absence. That's 22% under their season average. The defense allowed 28 ppg in the playoffs. That's 35% morepoints than their season average.

Troll bludgeoned again.

Averages aside. The Patriots Defense gave up 28 or more points 5 times prior to the Ravens loss. The offense scored 13 or fewer ZERO times prior.

The offense has underachieved in the recent years post season losses. It stinks but it's still the fact. They have not been able to maintain the high level of consistency week to week in the post season and it has cost them.

Blame Kraft, BB, and  or possibly their own continual high success and drafting low as possible factors in the current teams construction perhaps, but the team is built with a heavier burden being placed on the offense.

The offense has failed to consistently carry that burden through the playoffs.

The Patriots are not alone. I would say the Packers, as just one example, are currenty similarly constructed with more burden placed on their offense then the defense. However, at least the packers offense has scored more than 17 points in their recent post season losses.

No matter how you slice or spin it, 3 of the NFL's all time greatest point scoring offenses scoring 14, 17, & 13 points in the last two superbowls and most recent post season loss just is NOT good enough and IS underachieving.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

I cant believe someone with such great taste in music is such a pendajo! why don't you go join Pats666--where ever he is

Who/what the hell are you talking about?

I'm talking to you--back in the summer you started a thread about the kind of music people listened to, I was quite impressed with your musical knowledge as well as the fact that you are musician yourself---on the other hand all you do on this board lately is insult everyone, and I'm not just refering to the "Babe/Rusty Wars"---for example UD6 came on the other day to send safe wishes to all New Enflanders on the board as the storm approached and you basically called him a troll and told him to get bent; totally uncalled for!

so it seems a little incongruent that someone with your taste in music is such a bag on this board

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to UD6's comment:

No matter how you spin it, the pats demonstrated that they could perform well in the playoffs without gronkowski. 

Only because Wade Phillips is an idiot.  If you don't think Gronkowski makes a huge difference against teams with a real defensive gameplan you are a fool.

Sections
Shortcuts