The search for the Holy Grail.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: The search for the Holy Grail.

In response to UD6's comment:

Recounted ad nauseum, but you still seem to want to get on that horse.  You've got the same problem Russ has from a different angle.  You won't admit that your perspective could be flawed.  Maybe you should rephrase - As has been recounted to all numerous times, without Gronk, Brady struggles at times against good teams. 

Brady's got many other quality receivers.  Welker, Hernandez, Branch, Lloyd, etc.  Brady had 5 guys with more than 40 catches this year.  That's phenomenal.    

More ad nauseum lies and spin from a troll with an agenda about his hero, the sex offender.

No effective running, dropped passes, receivers who couldn't get separation, lame blocking and poor defense were the order of the day. Any other presentation of the facts are lies. You're a liar so it is no surprise you dispute this.

I certainly haven't said Brady was great. But how could he possibly be that with the ineptitude displayed by everyone around him.

Troll set straight for being the lying chump that he is.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

I cant believe someone with such great taste in music is such a pendajo! why don't you go join Pats666--where ever he is

Who/what the hell are you talking about?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

In response to pezz4pats' comment:

Not much talent?

Here is where their starters in the secondary have been picked since 2007:

Merriweather #24
    Chung #34
    Butler #41
    McCourty #27

And you wonder why people call people like yourself, irrational?

Do trolls and irrationals ever make sense? It'd be fine if their premise actually had somethinig remotely normal behind it, but there never is anything.

^^^^^^ Nothing but a LIAR and an IDIOT. Proof positive right there.

This twerp tries to lie his way out of it every time when people call him out on saying these suckball players are good. Here he touts 4 stiffs who are suspect to downright bust draft picks. LMAO@Rustytroll

Good find Pezz!

How is anything that was written "a lie"? lol

All of those players were picked right where they were slotted to go in those drafts. In those drafts, those players represented talented NCAA prospects. Some were average here, one was a bust and one is a very good young player after being All Pro as a rookie in 2010.

This is what I mean.  You're all irrational.  You will do anything to find the NCAA prospect on D who didn't morph into Deion Sanders, Mike Haynes or Ed Reed to mask Brady's awful postseason performances since 2007.  You lost.   Pretending BB needed to draft future HOF players with every pick to replace the borderline HOF caliber players he lost is irrational.

Not every draft pick is going to be a star.  

We've been over this.  PCMIV posted Ozzie Newsome's picks in recent years for context and its as bad or worse as BB's yields. 

It's embarrassing that a small few here think they're a better coach or GM than BB.  Take your middle aged and elderly anger to a community center and take up cannasta or something.

You tout these stiffs as talent junior. That's lying because their talent sucks since three of them were/will not retained within their rookie contract and the other is a very suspect 1st round pick.

"Not much talent?

Merriweather #24
    Chung #34
    Butler #41
    McCourty #27"

You can't even admit your spin when you're caught red handed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to ClarkGriswold's comment:

What? I could easily go pull their scouting reports. BB didn't reach for any of those picks.  Meriweather had maturity issues and was deemed not coachable anymore.  Disappointment, but to say he "lacked talent"?   That's flat out false.  He was a top rated Safety for the 2007 draft. 

Butler was a Deion Sanders favorite coming out of the 2009 draft.  Chung has injury issues. It happens. But, to say these guys "lack talent" is more of a lie than anything I stated.

McCourty lacks talent? You calling BB a liar?  He was raving about McCourty's on field IQ and versatility earlier this year.

You can look around every roster in this league and see 1st rd picks that weren't given a second deal by all teams because they just weren't a great pick.  

You act like it's exlclusive to BB. For every Wheatley or Butler, there's a Samuel, or a James Sanders and a McCourty.

It could be far worse. It could be the Jets with Justin Miller and Kyle Wilson and then 30 million into two CBs with nothing to show for it, not even a divison title.

The point is YOU are calling these guys talented (as in GOOD) and calling those who dispute that as irrational, AFTER they have played in the NFL. (at the time of your post McCourty was a rookie.)

The draft was years(s) before your claim for 3 of the 4 your were praising.

Meriweather cut by end of rookie contract.

Butler cut before rookie contract ended.

Chung to be cut by end of rookie contract.

McCourty failed at CB, reclamation project at S.

These are all guys you have lauded, praised and rated as good picks.

Are you now going to lie more and say you didn't applaud these weak draft picks right along?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So junior. Have you found the Holy Grail? Have you found a single instance where you stated the 31st ranked defense of 2011 or the 25th ranked defense of 2012 played poorly. One?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

McCourty failed at CB, reclamation project at S.

McCourty played well at CB this year.  He was moved to S because of injuries and ineffectiveness of other players.  People are all hung up over the Baltimore game with the PI, but DMC was playing at a high level as a CB before the switch.  Some sites like PFF had him playing some of the best football of his career at that point.  You should pay more attention.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from PATSchampsSB. Show PATSchampsSB's posts

the holy grail is a playmaker in the defense, like we had in Bruschi and Harrison

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

In response to LessPhatRex's comment:

This just in.  If you have to cut a high round draft pick in his rookie contract, he was a bust.  

This just in.  If you lead the league in turnovers 2 years in a row and can't be cut because of the stupid contract extension you were given which resulted in the firing of the GM you are a bust. 

I'm amused you're back here trolling.  Of course once the season starts and the Pats stomp and sweep your pathetic team for the 3rd year in a row I imagine you'll be quiet again.  It was great how you didn't show your face here for months after the Thanksgiving game.  LMAO @ U.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I think the offense scoring less than 40% of its current year's average demonstrates the problem significantly more effectively than your failed efforts to discredit my points.  21% more points is only 3.7 pts.  The pats averaged 35 pts and only put up 13 pts.  I don't recall the pats having much trouble executing the prior week without Gronkowski.

I suspect even a troll like you understands what an average is. The offense averaged 27 ppg for the playoffs despite the Gronk absence. That's 22% under their season average. The defense allowed 28 ppg in the playoffs. That's 35% morepoints than their season average.

Troll bludgeoned again.

Averages aside. The Patriots Defense gave up 28 or more points 5 times prior to the Ravens loss. The offense scored 13 or fewer ZERO times prior.

The offense has underachieved in the recent years post season losses. It stinks but it's still the fact. They have not been able to maintain the high level of consistency week to week in the post season and it has cost them.

Blame Kraft, BB, and  or possibly their own continual high success and drafting low as possible factors in the current teams construction perhaps, but the team is built with a heavier burden being placed on the offense.

The offense has failed to consistently carry that burden through the playoffs.

The Patriots are not alone. I would say the Packers, as just one example, are currenty similarly constructed with more burden placed on their offense then the defense. However, at least the packers offense has scored more than 17 points in their recent post season losses.

No matter how you slice or spin it, 3 of the NFL's all time greatest point scoring offenses scoring 14, 17, & 13 points in the last two superbowls and most recent post season loss just is NOT good enough and IS underachieving.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

I think the offense scoring less than 40% of its current year's average demonstrates the problem significantly more effectively than your failed efforts to discredit my points.  21% more points is only 3.7 pts.  The pats averaged 35 pts and only put up 13 pts.  I don't recall the pats having much trouble executing the prior week without Gronkowski.

I suspect even a troll like you understands what an average is. The offense averaged 27 ppg for the playoffs despite the Gronk absence. That's 22% under their season average. The defense allowed 28 ppg in the playoffs. That's 35% morepoints than their season average.

Troll bludgeoned again.

Actually, without Gronk the week before they put up 41 points 17% above their average, and the following week blew chunks by putting up less than 40% of their average, and only 32% of the prior week's output.   

No matter how you spin it, the pats demonstrated that they could perform well in the playoffs without gronkowski. 

Their poor offensive showing vs. Baltimore is indicative of something else, and Brady has something to do with that. 

BTW, examples also exist where Gronkowski played, played well, and the pats still lost and underperformed well below their average. 

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wmasschilly. Show wmasschilly's posts

In response to wmasschilly's comment:

I cant believe someone with such great taste in music is such a pendajo! why don't you go join Pats666--where ever he is

Who/what the hell are you talking about?

I'm talking to you--back in the summer you started a thread about the kind of music people listened to, I was quite impressed with your musical knowledge as well as the fact that you are musician yourself---on the other hand all you do on this board lately is insult everyone, and I'm not just refering to the "Babe/Rusty Wars"---for example UD6 came on the other day to send safe wishes to all New Enflanders on the board as the storm approached and you basically called him a troll and told him to get bent; totally uncalled for!

so it seems a little incongruent that someone with your taste in music is such a bag on this board

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

No matter how you spin it, the pats demonstrated that they could perform well in the playoffs without gronkowski. 

Only because Wade Phillips is an idiot.  If you don't think Gronkowski makes a huge difference against teams with a real defensive gameplan you are a fool.