The Seymour Trade Is Looking Better With Every Passing Week.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jaxxon. Show Jaxxon's posts

The Seymour Trade Is Looking Better With Every Passing Week.

On one hand, they really don't seem to be missing him at all.  The defensive line is playing pretty well and, overall, the defense is playing even better.

On the other hand, the Oakland Raiders are just awful...again.  After winning 2-3 games this year, they will tear it all down and try it again in 2010.  The Pats are looking at a Top 5 pick in 2011.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

Re: The Seymour Trade Is Looking Better With Every Passing Week.

Not for him it ain't

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

Agreed - defense is playing good IMO, Guyton is stepping up nicely, there are 2 LB's on injured reserve that may [big IF but hopeful] contibute next year, and some many high round picks on 10 and 11. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

Our defense just let a runner average 9.1 yards per carry.

Take away the 50 yard run and Ray Rice still averaged 5.3 yards per carry on 10 carries.

Mike Wright is a good pass rusher, but I'm not fond of him against the run.  With Seymour, you never doubted his ability to hold the line of scrimmage.

I'd say the secondary looks a lot better, and so does the pass rush, but I'd wait to pass judgment on the trade.  It's important that they get someone who can help with the pick, or else they gave up Seymour for nothing.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from scottprim. Show scottprim's posts

I have to say that I think there is something that happened behind the scenes that we don't have the skinny on. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

In Response to Re: The Seymour Trade Is Looking Better With Every Passing Week.:
     there are 2 LB's on injured reserve that may [big IF but hopeful] contibute next year, 

i seriously hope you think tate is a LB, because you're nuts if you think crable will ever play for this team. can you name one player that missed two straight seasons and then came back to be a player that could contribute? and i'm not even talking about the first 2 seasons of a career! and what has crable ever done as a pro, besides being tall and fast, that made you think he could contribute? seriously, its time for people on this board to drop it with that guy already. he is one of our worst busts ever, plain and simple. makes chad jackson and chris canty seem like steals. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

Agreed. The week after he gets his next big contract, he'll start dogging it again. Good riddance to a highly overrated player and hello 2011#1 draft pick. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hoochiemgg. Show hoochiemgg's posts

I agree with scottprim.....something went on behind the scenes. Meanwhile, this D looks young and fast. Can't wait to add a little Mayo to this mix and see how well they do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

In Response to The Seymour Trade Is Looking Better With Every Passing Week.:
    [QUOTE]On one hand, they really don't seem to be missing him at all.  The defensive line is playing pretty well and, overall, the defense is playing even better. On the other hand, the Oakland Raiders are just awful...again.  After winning 2-3 games this year, they will tear it all down and try it again in 2010.  The Pats are looking at a Top 5 pick in 2011.
    Posted by Jaxxon[/QUOTE] how many yards did ray rice run yesterday?what was the total yards the ravens had?and could have won it at the end.the defense still needs work.cant blame seymour on how bad the raiders team is.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaBlade. Show DaBlade's posts

I said at the time long term (after this season) great move, but this season we will take a bit of a hit. I think we have taken a little bit of a hit on the D-Line.  Our defense overall is much better than last year but I think if Seymour was here the run defense would be a little bit better but how much better??? I am not sure it would make a huge difference. I think the Defense will improve throughout this season and next year could be monster good depending on what decisions are made on Wilfork and other unsigned players. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Caesar1177. Show Caesar1177's posts

In Response to Re: The Seymour Trade Is Looking Better With Every Passing Week.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to The Seymour Trade Is Looking Better With Every Passing Week. : how many yards did ray rice run yesterday?what was the total yards the ravens had?and could have won it at the end.the defense still needs work.cant blame seymour on how bad the raiders team is.
    Posted by mosseffect43[/QUOTE]

50 on one play skewed the stats big time. It happens. The D played a great game against a great O.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

seymore would have not been resigned next season so we would have recieved no compensation for him. by trading him we recieve a first round pick in a year which will most likely have a salary cap on rookies.  plus seymore demands a pretty hefty salary so he would get less return value on the investment.  If our defense can operate without seymore we recieve a first round pick and help to secure our future as the elite team in the NFL.  Obviously if our D can stop the ravens the loss of seymore is not too profound. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DYBLITZ. Show DYBLITZ's posts

I WAS ACTUALLY IMPRESSED WITH THAT NEW PICK UP....SANDS. I SAW HIM MOVING 4 RAVENS BACKWARDS. PUT HIM AND WILFORK NEXT TO EACHOTHER IN THE 4-3 AND WE HAVE OUR RUN STUFFERS!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

[QUOTE]I WAS ACTUALLY IMPRESSED WITH THAT NEW PICK UP....SANDS. I SAW HIM MOVING 4 RAVENS BACKWARDS. PUT HIM AND WILFORK NEXT TO EACHOTHER IN THE 4-3 AND WE HAVE OUR RUN STUFFERS!!!
    Posted by DYBLITZ[/QUOTE]

The defense did well. I am sure they would have been even better with Seymour. Probably a good long-term move, but if we get run over in the Playoffs, don't forget Seymour.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DYBLITZ. Show DYBLITZ's posts

Jarvis Green wasn't doing all that bad himself. But I do hear what you are saying about it being better with Seymour in there.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsordie. Show patsordie's posts

Well, cant really say that we stuffed the run yesterday. But the pass rush yesterday was pretty good. They had the pressure on Flacco all day and that guy was equally impressive making those throws with people on his face all the time.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DYBLITZ. Show DYBLITZ's posts

[QUOTE]Well, cant really say that we stuffed the run yesterday. But the pass rush yesterday was pretty good. They had the pressure on Flacco all day and that guy was equally impressive making those throws with people on his face all the time.
    Posted by patsordie[/QUOTE]
    Can't take anything away from Flaco......he's a good QB!!

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from DYBLITZ. Show DYBLITZ's posts

[QUOTE]Its goes way beyond just losing Seymour.At least we got compensation(and a dayum good compensation at that) for his services.What this defense has done so far after losing its literal heart and soul(Bruschi,Vrabel,Harrison,Seymour)has been nothing short of amazing.Think of all the doom and gloom that permeated these boards from the preseason thru the Jets game.Even the staunchest Pats homer was concerned that the D would be the weak link to this teams hopes of being a legit contender for another Super Bowl.4 weeks in (with no Mayo),these guys(along with BB's superior coaching)are probably the most trusted element on this team.Just wait til the Offense finds its stirde.Can't wait for all the trolls who will pop out of the woodwork to spew their jealousyonce the Pats bring down yet another undefeated team........"The refs are in their corner" "They cheat" and "Brady is a p.u.s.s."are jsut a few of the old reliables that these haters will be reduced to once we get rolling for real.......Personally I cant wait to see the old grizzled vet Seau back on the field......WHATS OLD IS WHATS NEW when it comes to this dynasty that isnt quite done...not yet baby!!!!
    Posted by leatherhelmet[/QUOTE]

I totally agree!!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Seymour Trade Is Looking Better With Every Passing Week. : 50 on one play skewed the stats big time. It happens. The D played a great game against a great O.
    Posted by Caesar1177[/QUOTE] i agree the defense has been good,but just saying there is room for improvement.one thing the pats have had problems with in the past few years is running backs haveing there way on the pats defense.i would love to see that change,and turn overs.i would love to see more of those.in time i guess.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Seymour Trade Is Looking Better With Every Passing Week. :  there are 2 LB's on injured reserve that may [big IF but hopeful] contibute next year,  i seriously hope you think tate is a LB, because you're nuts if you think crable will ever play for this team. can you name one player that missed two straight seasons and then came back to be a player that could contribute? and i'm not even talking about the first 2 seasons of a career! and what has crable ever done as a pro, besides being tall and fast, that made you think he could contribute? seriously, its time for people on this board to drop it with that guy already. he is one of our worst busts ever, plain and simple. makes chad jackson and chris canty seem like steals. 
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_483130. Show user_483130's posts

artielang

the other one i was thinking about was Tyrone Mcenzie - the 3rd pick in 09 draft and 33rd pick overall - do u think he is bust too ??

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Seymour was missed in that game.

At the POA Wright is much weaker, and they both can get after the QB.

However, Wright doesn't bring them a 1st rounder, and he isn't going to sign a $14mil per deal next season.

All told, it wasn't a bad move. But denying that this "D" would be even better (they have been great so far) with Sey isn't right.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from philbert. Show philbert's posts

Yeah, our team did get great value for one year of Seymour. We knew Oakand would stink for the next two years and there is no surprise here.
    But, it's a long season and injuries happen. If there is no Ring at the end of year for our team due to a slew of injuries, then it's a great deal. But if the differenece between a Super Bowl Ring and a simply good season, is Seymour being here for a year and being on the field here when it counted......
    But then that's why they pay BB the big bucks.
    My point is that this topic may be a bit premature until we know how this season turns out for our team. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from thetrinity12. Show thetrinity12's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Seymour Trade Is Looking Better With Every Passing Week. :  there are 2 LB's on injured reserve that may [big IF but hopeful] contibute next year,  i seriously hope you think tate is a LB, because you're nuts if you think crable will ever play for this team. can you name one player that missed two straight seasons and then came back to be a player that could contribute? and i'm not even talking about the first 2 seasons of a career! and what has crable ever done as a pro, besides being tall and fast, that made you think he could contribute? seriously, its time for people on this board to drop it with that guy already. he is one of our worst busts ever, plain and simple. makes chad jackson and chris canty seem like steals. 
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]
    Surprised What now? Those guys were 1st and high 2nd round picks. Crable was a 'maybe this guy will be good, maybe he won't' 3rd rounder.

Sections
Shortcuts