The Seymour Trade Is Looking Better With Every Passing Week.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Re: The Seymour Trade Is Looking Better With Every Passing Week.

I think you can expect something out of a 3rd rounder. They don't come with the lofty expectations of a first rounder. But you expect then to stick with the team, at least in a special teams role.

Agreed with the other poster. If Ne looks one DL short of a Super Bowl, it was a terrible deal.

Right now it looks like a good calculation to take a small hit to a talented "D," adn get a big time pick to grab the next Seymour with.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

when your blitzing alot big run plays are bound to happen, the only question is how big... i dont think i need to lecture you nice, but its alot easier to run the ball when you can break a tackle or two at the line of scrimmage and break into the second and third tier of the defense..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickC1188. Show NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: The Seymour Trade Is Looking Better With Every Passing Week.:
    [QUOTE]artielang the other one i was thinking about was Tyrone Mcenzie - the 3rd pick in 09 draft and 33rd pick overall - do u think he is bust too ??
    Posted by OldDomPats[/QUOTE]

It's WAYYYY too soon to consider McKenzie a bust.  The guy played the 3-4 for two years in college.  He also hasn't had it easy (http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2009/04/27/mckenzie_glad_to_be_of_service/)

He tore his ACL in mini-camp.  If anything, he might be injury prone, but since none of us have seen him play, I'd say wait and see.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SonnyCorlione. Show SonnyCorlione's posts

In Response to Re: The Seymour Trade Is Looking Better With Every Passing Week.:
    [QUOTE]Our defense just let a runner average 9.1 yards per carry. Take away the 50 yard run and Ray Rice still averaged 5.3 yards per carry on 10 carries. Mike Wright is a good pass rusher, but I'm not fond of him against the run.  With Seymour, you never doubted his ability to hold the line of scrimmage. I'd say the secondary looks a lot better, and so does the pass rush, but I'd wait to pass judgment on the trade.  It's important that they get someone who can help with the pick, or else they gave up Seymour for nothing.
    Posted by NickC1188[/QUOTE]

I agree with you even to the point that I think the Ravens would have won had they just allowed Rice to run the ball more often.

However, I think part of the reason he ran like crazy is because they played so many Dime packages.  You're talking about 5 guys up front asked to either stop a run for no gain or he's essentially loose in the secondary.  If they had more linebackers they wouldn't have to go from a base package to a Dime.  That's pretty much what's been happening.

Sections
Shortcuts