The Shoe is on the Other Foot

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

Re: The Shoe is on the Other Foot

In response to dustcover's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to UD6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Remember way back when, when colts fans like myself were upset about the way in which Patriot DB's were holding Colts receivers downfield during a playoff game which was a major factor in the patriots win.  Pats fans had a field day with this.  Howling with glee and calling fans like myself and Dungy and Polian whiners.  Remember that?  Good times.   

See any current similarities? 

[/QUOTE]

I usually do not respond to posts of this nature, but in this instance I am making an exception.

You appear to be, from your posts, an intelligent and well-educated person, so it mystifies me as to why, after 3 years and 7,138 posts, someone of your acumen has not yet determined that you are not particularly welcomed here.

I can only surmise that you take pleasure in taunting others, particularly those who take pleasure in following and supporting their 'hometown' football team, the New England Patriots.

So I ask myself, what kind of person takes pleasure in constantly demeaning others who have found 'fandom' in their favorite team to be an enjoyable pastime.

What measure of satisfaction do you get from this adolescent, schoolyard, bullying behavior?  Does it give you that much joy to know that you can string together words and phrases that will get under another's skin? 

Perhaps, you might want to consider some other options for your obvious talent that would produce more positive results.  Tutoring or mentoring a young person, for example.  You might even find this more rewarding and more fulfilling than the time spent on this forum.

If you do indeed decide to pursue a different path, I can pretty much assure you that your posts will not be missed.  And with the same amount of certainty, any amount of success in your new pursuit would be welcomed news, and well received if you chose to share it with us here on the forum.

Good luck UD and best wishes.

Dustcover. 

[/QUOTE]

Thanks Dusty. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

[QUOTE]

Remember way back when, when colts fans like myself were upset about the way in which Patriot DB's were holding Colts receivers downfield during a playoff game which was a major factor in the patriots win.  Pats fans had a field day with this.  Howling with glee and calling fans like myself and Dungy and Polian whiners.  Remember that?  Good times.   

See any current similarities? 

I usually do not respond to posts of this nature, but in this instance I am making an exception.

You appear to be, from your posts, an intelligent and well-educated person, so it mystifies me as to why, after 3 years and 7,138 posts, someone of your acumen has not yet determined that you are not particularly welcomed here.

I can only surmise that you take pleasure in taunting others, particularly those who take pleasure in following and supporting their 'hometown' football team, the New England Patriots.

So I ask myself, what kind of person takes pleasure in constantly demeaning others who have found 'fandom' in their favorite team to be an enjoyable pastime.

What measure of satisfaction do you get from this adolescent, schoolyard, bullying behavior?  Does it give you that much joy to know that you can string together words and phrases that will get under another's skin? 

Perhaps, you might want to consider some other options for your obvious talent that would produce more positive results.  Tutoring or mentoring a young person, for example.  You might even find this more rewarding and more fulfilling than the time spent on this forum.

If you do indeed decide to pursue a different path, I can pretty much assure you that your posts will not be missed.  And with the same amount of certainty, any amount of success in your new pursuit would be welcomed news, and well received if you chose to share it with us here on the forum.

Good luck UD and best wishes.

Dustcover. 

[/QUOTE]

==================================

Yours is a very nice post and poignant too and, hopefully, will mend the wounds of many Pats' fans upset with the Bronco loss but also the taunting of fans(trolls) of other teams but I feel differently that much of the aggravation can be avoided by ulitimately not responding to a troll & feeding him/her. Their satisfaction is knowing they upset us.

Thus, I fail to understand why so many posters get angry when non local fans get on a Boston forum and root against our teams.  This is, in fact, freedom of speech.  Being a long time Boston teams fan and realizing our Sox-Yankees, Celtics-Lakers etc. rivalries, yup I get upset when NY & LA fans(trolls) or fans of other teams don’t like ours but, fortunately, I realize that whatever they say demeaning to our team/players/predicting a loss etc. has no effect on the outcome of the game decided on the field. However many root against us will  not influence our team to lose. And then this in many cases instigates name calling and if you have fun going back and forth with someone or a few like in a tennis match because you can't agree on something, good for you. In my opinion, calling someone a name because they discredited your team feeds the troll & with his/her belly full, he/she responds.  You tell them to go away, go on another board, on their own board etc. but I prefer that if I disagree or am upset at a person’s personal insults on me or my team,  then I offer what I hope is an objective opinion and do this a couple of times in rebuttal and when there is no agreement, an impasse, in my opinion, it is the more reasonable person who backs away. I have always found that it is a no win situation trying to argue with a person who is unreasonable. Anyway, my $.02 !!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

[QUOTE]

it mystifies me as to why, after 3 years and 7,138 posts, someone of your acumen has not yet determined that you are not particularly welcomed here.

[/QUOTE]

Just for the record, UD has been here prior to me coming on the board back in 2008.  He has well over 7k posts on this forum.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mediumsizednuts. Show Mediumsizednuts's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to tanbass' comment:
    [QUOTE]

All I see is a pathetic tool like yourself who has been hanging around a rival teams message board for 4 years because he doesn't get the attention he craves in real life. Trolling for years just for attention. Pathetic is really too kind of a word for you....

[/QUOTE]

nice deflection.  Underpant their was a guy in Indy who infected 30 other guys with HIV, I hope your okay.

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

In response to Mediumsizednuts' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

All I see is a pathetic tool like yourself who has been hanging around a rival teams message board for 4 years because he doesn't get the attention he craves in real life. Trolling for years just for attention. Pathetic is really too kind of a word for you....

[/QUOTE]

nice deflection.  Underpant their was a guy in Indy who infected 30 other guys with HIV, I hope your okay.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the concern.  I am just fine.  Hope you are doing well, also. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mediumsizednuts. Show Mediumsizednuts's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Good Good.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]Good Good.

[/QUOTE]

nice nuts

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

EVERYBODY LETS MAKE A COMMITMENT NOT TO RESPOND TO ANYMORE OF THESE TROLLS IN 2014

9. This post has been removed.