the Short List: Free Agent targets and Draft Prospects who fit the Pats

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

Re: the Short List: Free Agent targets and Draft Prospects who fit the Pats

In Response to Re: the Short List: Free Agent targets and Draft Prospects who fit the Pats:
    [QUOTE]I'd like to see them bring in a FB who can lay down some devastating blocks for the tailbacks.  Several times in the last few years, we have used OL and DL as short yardage FBs only to have them get hurt (Seymour, Hochstein & Connolly come to mind).  Both Seymour and Connolly were starters injured on FB plays.  There a few real good options as UFAs.  The Pats would I'm sure like Vonte Leach of the Texans who just mauls people and Arian Foster got 1600 yards behind him.  Or, and I'd love to see it, bring back Heath Evans.  The guy was the perfect Pat, playing special teams, caught, ran, blocked.  Did it all.  And he played angry and mean.  Loved to hit people.  The Saints love him, and so did the Pats.  I thought it was a huge mistake to let him go. 
    Posted by ArmyPatsFan[/QUOTE]

+1

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

In Response to Re: the Short List: Free Agent targets and Draft Prospects who fit the Pats:
    [QUOTE]I'd like to see them bring in a FB who can lay down some devastating blocks for the tailbacks.  Several times in the last few years, we have used OL and DL as short yardage FBs only to have them get hurt (Seymour, Hochstein & Connolly come to mind).  Both Seymour and Connolly were starters injured on FB plays.  There a few real good options as UFAs.  The Pats would I'm sure like Vonte Leach of the Texans who just mauls people and Arian Foster got 1600 yards behind him.  Or, and I'd love to see it, bring back Heath Evans.  The guy was the perfect Pat, playing special teams, caught, ran, blocked.  Did it all.  And he played angry and mean.  Loved to hit people.  The Saints love him, and so did the Pats.  I thought it was a huge mistake to let him go. 
    Posted by ArmyPatsFan[/QUOTE]

I hear Heath Evans is a free agent

Personally, I'm jealous of that John Connor guy from the Jets who lays the wood on everybody and has an awesome name

But yes, it would be nice to see them get a dedicated fullback who can handle having his bell rung and knows the ropes a little better.

What about that Macevich kid from Stanford who played both ways?  Belichick loves versatility and the kid played linebacker AND fullback

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patriots1970. Show Patriots1970's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the Short List: Free Agent targets and Draft Prospects who fit the Pats : No, I'm making fun of the morons that theink they ARE GM's.  YOU don't have a system.  The Pats have a system.  You don't play for the Pats or coach them, you are only a fan.  So don't say "our system", say "their system". Good grief.
    Posted by Patsfansince1966[/QUOTE]

I am a life long fan and I consdier them 'my' team. So i will use the term we, our etc. as I invest my time, interests and money supporting the Patriots and as such will voice my GM opinion on who they should have on the team for players and coaches and how we perform as a team with other fans as we all have opinions.

If you don't like it then leave the topic instead of leaving a comment or block the person from viewing them - don't criticize people for the how they view the team and how they express themselves regarding the team.

I haven't blocked you yet because you are so dang entertaining on so many countless and pointless areas it makes me laugh.

If someone does say hire Wade Phillips or sign TO - then maybe we can all go wild on their opinion - but at least they have the b@lls tro express themselves without having a db rain on their parade.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ReeGzUSMC. Show ReeGzUSMC's posts

Ronnie Brown is good WHEN he is NOT sidelined due to injury..Same goes for a Back like DeAngelo Williams...I wouldnt mind seeing them go after him..granted he may want more $ then Williams, but he is younger, he simply posesses the elusiveness that BJGE just does not have, and I'm sure he wouldnt mind playing for a team thats in the hunt every year...unlike his time in Carolina..who knows what he was ask for....

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 00chief00. Show 00chief00's posts

Why is the original poster not allowed to post his ideas exactly? Its just his opinion. I think posting otherwise is pretty arrogant. as far as the original post I like alot of those names. would taker mankins back to start should be priority one.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ItsPat. Show ItsPat's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the Short List: Free Agent targets and Draft Prospects who fit the Pats : I.  I am a fan, no more and no less. 2.  I am not  a GM or coach, nor do I feel I am. 3.  I watch the games, follow the team, and I even have a Brady jersey.  I had an Eason jersey back in the day.  I've followed the Pats since Babe Parilli was their QB. 4.  I don't have a lawn, I rent a townhome. 5.  I have a doctorate in computational chemistry so I am on the computer/internet ALL THE TIME.  I was on the internet in 1993.  I had one of the first home pages that were ever published.  Were you on the internet in 1993?  At that time, all Pats fans were screaming, "sign Ernest Givens".. What is the point of playing GM?  It's not like your words are going to be heeded by anyone; it's not like anyone is going to take your work and build on it.  So, in a sense, it IS moronic and those that do it all the time ARE morons.

The most moronic thing to me is how someone who is so important to society has time to not only read posts he feels are a waste of time but also tells people they are wasting their time posting them. 

I'm a 6 star General
    I've been a fan of the Patriots since 1754
    I have a Danny Woodhead jersey and even had a Benedict Arnold jersey prior to him changing teams.
    I live on a house boat so I don't need to mow the lawn
    I have six degrees of Kevin Bacon
    I invented the internet with Al Gore (this gave me my sixth star)

So there, I am better then you. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Ronnie Brown is good WHEN he is NOT sidelined due to injury..Same goes for a Back like DeAngelo Williams...I wouldnt mind seeing them go after him..granted he may want more $ then Williams, but he is younger, he simply posesses the elusiveness that BJGE just does not have, and I'm sure he wouldnt mind playing for a team thats in the hunt every year...unlike his time in Carolina..who knows what he was ask for....
    Posted by ReeGzUSMC[/QUOTE]

For the right price, Ronnie Brown or Ricky Williams would make sense

With ownership in Miami behaving like it is, they probably don't want to go back there...

I think DeAngelo Williams will be too expensive, though.  RB is too much of an injury risk to justify spending too much money on one player - it's likely that you won't get a sufficient return for the risk you assume and the money you spend

Pierre Thomas would be another good value

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]What's the point in this ridiculous argument about fans being arm-chair GM's? It's a freakin patriots message board!!! What do you want people to discuss? Flowers? The weather? In Response to Re: the Short List: Free Agent targets and Draft Prospects who fit the Pats :
    Posted by Rockdog1293000[/QUOTE]

Seriously, I think you're on to something with the flowers.  How 'bout them pansies?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the Short List: Free Agent targets and Draft Prospects who fit the Pats : The most moronic thing to me is how someone who is so important to society has time to not only read posts he feels are a waste of time but also tells people they are wasting their time posting them.  I'm a 6 star General I've been a fan of the Patriots since 1754 I have a Danny Woodhead jersey and even had a Benedict Arnold jersey prior to him changing teams. I live on a house boat so I don't need to mow the lawn I have six degrees of Kevin Bacon I invented the internet with Al Gore (this gave me my sixth star) So there, I am better then you. 
    Posted by ItsPat[/QUOTE]

It's early, but this is the new leader in the clubhouse for post of the year. Good stuff!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the Short List: Free Agent targets and Draft Prospects who fit the Pats : I hear Heath Evans is a free agent Personally, I'm jealous of that John Connor guy from the Jets who lays the wood on everybody and has an awesome name But yes, it would be nice to see them get a dedicated fullback who can handle having his bell rung and knows the ropes a little better. What about that Macevich kid from Stanford who played both ways?  Belichick loves versatility and the kid played linebacker AND fullback
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

You're kidding about the John Connor thing, right?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from 4Adam13. Show 4Adam13's posts

[QUOTE]The Pats need to trade up and get Marcell Dareus from 'Bama. 
    Posted by 49Patriots[/QUOTE]

I think this would be the dumbest move the Pats could make. While he is a very, very good player, this draft is loaded with good talent that can be had in the first round, talent that isn't that far off of Dareus' value. It isn't worth the price to be paid.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac24. Show mac24's posts

Not saying the Patriots should do anything but looking at the list of FA's I wondered if Champ Bailey could make the move to safety? Don't get to see him play much but could he be "that guy" in the secondary. No idea if he's physical enough for it. Just a thought/question...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

My FA move is CB Richard Marshall.  We had allot of interest in him here the year of the draft.  He is solid, not outstanding.  Good vs the run and can tackle.  Just the type of middle of the road guy BB likes to grab.  He would give us a really solid set of CBs and allow us to see if Butler is a player or bust--Arrington too.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

You are absolutely correct about the Pats interest when Richard Marshall came out of college and at that time and again this season I have mentioned him as a possible Patriot.He is not a shut down man-up corner back but he can press(he does have good size),is indeed solid and willing in stopping the run,has adequate speed,very fluid in his cuts and lateral moves and has good ball skills to man cover many of the WR's in the league(but not the really good wide-outs)and is comfortable playing zone.He is also a solid citizen with a love of the game.He fit the team when he came into the league and would,at worst,be the third best CB on the team after Bodden(who some are writing off because of his injury and I have not heard anything that would one to believe his skills would be impacted)and McCourty.I would be very happy if they bring him on board.Relevant to their own unrestricted fraa agents,I would like to think that Mankins has to be the primary target(and please let everyone put their egos aside and get it done..if they don't,I believe both sides make a big mistake)and I'd feel a whole lot better about their secondary if they re-up safeties Page and Barrett.I am one who believes light re-signs unless some team absolutely loses all sense of fiscal responsibilty and that they will bring in veteran WR and RB>

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Nnamdi Asomugha would make the biggest improvement and in an area in need of help regardless of the needs elsewhere.  I don't know if this is possible but I hope they explore this.  It's not as though he'd be a question mark.  Would he take a discount to go out a winner and get a ring or two? 

Outside of that signing Mankins makes sense to me also.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kebbe. Show kebbe's posts

Re-sign their own unrestricted free agents Mankins,Light,Page,Barrett and G.Warren as this would lessen the need to draft specific positions and allow them to to seek out other teams free agents as quality depth at RB,WR,Guard,CB and OLB.Trade-wise(not including draft picks as B.B. lets what is happening as the draft progresses dictate what he does in terms of draft day trades),I'd go get Chad Johnson for a on a one year with an option term,short money and for a mid to late round pick.Marshall at CB and Nicks at guard would be among my targets,again if the length and dollars involved make some kind of sense.wWouldn't want Nnamdi but the the length of the deal and the dollars he demand could well prohibit such a move(but I'd sure kick the tires on the possiblity).   

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Are you looking at Marshall as a nickelback?

I like Marshall, but I have no issue with Arrington moving inside, already knowing the defense and playing it on the outside already.

If they lad let Bodden walk last year, I would have said go after Marshall as an option in FA.

Nicks will likley be too expensive even though I like that idea as well.  If Mankins continues to play hardball, tag him and try to move him for a 2nd rd pick.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]Nnamdi  Asomugha would make the biggest improvement and in an area in need of help regardless of the needs elsewhere.  I don't know if this is possible but I hope they explore this.   It's not as though he'd be a question mark.  Would he take a discount to go out a winner and get a ring or two?  Outside of that signing Mankins makes sense to me also.   
    Posted by stillgridlocked[/QUOTE]

Where is he going to play?  I am not trying to be rude, but did you miss the 2009 nand 2010 seasons?

Frankly, I look forward to McCourty and Bodden being a top 5 duo in the NFL for the next few seasons.

I can't figure out why any Pats fan wants a CB at 16+ million per year when this team has a budding superstar of our own in McCourty and a high quality veteran like Bodden.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Bodden is a questionmark imo at this point and you appear to have missed my question about whether Asomugha would consider a discount.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

[QUOTE]Bodden is a questionmark imo at this point and you appear to have missed my question about whether  Asomugha would consider a discount.

We all think that players will take huge discounts to play for us. Every year its someone. Last year it was Juluis Peppers. Ultimately, Nnamdi might bring his price down from 16 mil to say 14 mil to play for us, but thinking he will agree to a 7-8 mil/year deal just to play for us is a joke.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

I guess its a good thing I only asked 'whether he would' and never mentioned a number.  Thanks for inserting your thoughts and then criticizing them.  It's so much easier than actually responding to what is written I imagine.

In Response to Re: the Short List: Free Agent targets and Draft Prospects who` fit the Pats:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: the Short List: Free Agent targets and Draft Prospects who fit the Pats : We all think that players will take huge discounts to play for us. Every year its someone. Last year it was Juluis Peppers. Ultimately, Nnamdi might bring his price down from 16 mil to say 14 mil to play for us, but thinking he will agree to a 7-8 mil/year deal just to play for us is a joke.
    Posted by Patsfan038[/QUOTE]

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the Short List: Free Agent targets and Draft Prospects who fit the Pats : I.  I am a fan, no more and no less. 2.  I am not  a GM or coach, nor do I feel I am. 3.  I watch the games, follow the team, and I even have a Brady jersey.  I had an Eason jersey back in the day.  I've followed the Pats since Babe Parilli was their QB. 4.  I don't have a lawn, I rent a townhome. 5.  I have a doctorate in computational chemistry so I am on the computer/internet ALL THE TIME.  I was on the internet in 1993.  I had one of the first home pages that were ever published.  Were you on the internet in 1993?  At that time, all Pats fans were screaming, "sign Ernest Givens".. What is the point of playing GM?  It's not like your words are going to be heeded by anyone; it's not like anyone is going to take your work and build on it.  So, in a sense, it IS moronic and those that do it all the time ARE morons.

Yelling at the kids, telling them to get off your internet..."they're all morons, morons, I say...get off my internet and go watch a Bruins game; get away kid ya bother me!"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsfan038. Show Patsfan038's posts

[QUOTE]I guess its a good thing I only asked 'whether he would' and never mentioned a number.  Thanks for inserting your thoughts and then criticizing them.  It's so much easier than actually responding to what is written I imagine. In Response to Re: the Short List: Free Agent targets and Draft Prospects who` fit the Pats :
    What's up gridlock?bad day at work?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Its been a bad last two years. Sorry if I over reacted there.

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the Short List: Free Agent targets and Draft Prospects who fit the Pats : What's up gridlock?bad day at work?
    Posted by Patsfan038[/QUOTE]

Sections
Shortcuts