The sky is falling...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: The sky is falling...

In response to Neal Page's comment:

Babe's worst nightmare is seeing the Jets collapse for good and BB win his 200th game as coach and GM of this franchise with Kraft honoring BB.

Bad week for you and your fantasy pink hats, Babe. lol

The extremity of your insanity is confirmed junior. As if anything I have ever said would indicate I do anything other than revel in the humiliation of the jets, applaud BB's 200th win and concur with Kraft honoring BB.

Get help you bat-shyt crazy fool.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to ccnsd's comment:

What's even funnier is last year Wozzy saying the Pats did not have a chance for the super bowl around week 6 and that he longer cared and would just watch the games as entertainment.

This is what is commonly referred to as a crock of ish.  I can say with some certainty I've never uttered those words during BB's tenure... but I will say I have a lot more faith in this year's offense to win it though.

For those saying "it's only the Jets," Sancheez sux, well Sam Bradford is one of the best young QB's in the game and he got shut down in a similar fashion.  

This is the NFL, wins are hard to come by and the talent level from the best team to the worst aren't that far apart.  Tom Brady is correct when he says the fans are spoiled, they want instant satisfaction, they don't have time to wait for a young defense playing together for the first time to gel and learn the playbook...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

All of our players sux, especially our defensive players!  

Chung sux, McCourty sux, Brace sux, Gregory sux, Edelmen sux, Mayo sux.... who did I forget?

I mean our linebackers are good but they can't cover, we'll be lucky to reach a 500 record with this pass defense! 

How is BB ever going to win a Super Bowl again with this horrible defense?  Look at all the yards they give up!!!

Josh McDaniel's doesn't know what he's doing, this is a disaster!  Can't we hire O'Brien back already!?

Look how much a run game is helping, not at all!  You people know nothing, this is a passing only league, running is a thing from a bygone era, wake up!  Running has no bearing on the passing game at all, play action is useless...

Belichick is a good coach but jeez he can't draft for anything, it's a wonder we win any games...

Just wondering how you people are feeling today... thankful?

Uh... it was the JESTS!. Every morning , denizens of the Gotham City metropolitan area get up, face west, bow down and thank God that Kansas City has an alleged footbal team. It was a very good, organized practic session performance. But, once again using some poster's theory, a win is a win is a win.

The trend continues. A VERY solid performance against a non-winning (and a JOKE of a team, I might add), team. Jury's still out until they can disassemble a good, playoff bound team. They'll have ample opportunity in back to back weeks Texans and 49'ers). Let's see them starp up and do the same to them.

ANY win against the pathetic JESTS! is more satisfying than a Snickers candy bar.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:

Unfortunately I think it will be a classic case of Brady having to carry a team on his shoulders during the post season and a bunch of tools blaming him when it doesn't go right.

Wow, you just nailed Bill O'Brien's game plan on the head...  

McDaniel's has a better idea, let's not have Brady do it all on his own like we did in 01, 03 and 04 and that way we'll actually win the big one.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to AZPAT's comment:

Chung sux, McCourty sux, Brace sux, Gregory sux, Edelmen sux, Mayo sux.... who did I forget?

I mean our linebackers are good but they can't cover, we'll be lucky to reach a 500 record with this pass defense! 

How is BB ever going to win a Super Bowl again with this horrible defense?  Look at all the yards they give up!!!

Josh McDaniel's doesn't know what he's doing, this is a disaster!  Can't we hire O'Brien back already!?

Look how much a run game is helping, not at all!  You people know nothing, this is a passing only league, running is a thing from a bygone era, wake up!  Running has no bearing on the passing game at all, play action is useless...

Belichick is a good coach but jeez he can't draft for anything, it's a wonder we win any games...

Uh... it was the JESTS!. Every morning , denizens of the Gotham City metropolitan area get up, face west, bow down and thank God that Kansas City has an alleged footbal team. It was a very good, organized practic session performance. But, once again using some poster's theory, a win is a win is a win.

The trend continues. A VERY solid performance against a non-winning (and a JOKE of a team, I might add), team. Jury's still out until they can disassemble a good, playoff bound team. They'll have ample opportunity in back to back weeks Texans and 49'ers). Let's see them starp up and do the same to them.

ANY win against the pathetic JESTS! is more satisfying than a Snickers candy bar.

Colts have a winning record... Denver has a winning record...  

It's funny, do you think the teams with poor records lay down and give up?  Winning teams get upset every weekend by losing teams, what NFL are you watching. Last week the Jags (worst team) came within a TD of beating the best team (Texans).

We're on a 5 game win streak, won 7 out of our last 8 games... let's panic now.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

And when they dispatch Houston the excuse makers will be saying, "well Houston's defense has a lot of injuries and blah, blah, blah, if they played them at full strength, blah, blah, blah..."

And when they beat San Fran it will be "well, San Fran had to travel across country and blah, blah, blah, they fumbled the ball and Alex Smith/Kaepernick had a bad game and it was snowing..."

Whatever, Houston is life and death to beat two crummy teams and gave up a boatload of points in the process, but they're the measuring stick?  If the Pats did that, you guys would be in full fledged panic mode. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

And when they dispatch Houston the excuse makers will be saying, "well Houston's defense has a lot of injuries and blah, blah, blah, if they played them at full strength, blah, blah, blah..."

And when they beat San Fran it will be "well, San Fran had to travel across country and blah, blah, blah, they fumbled the ball and Alex Smith/Kaepernick had a bad game and it was snowing..."

Whatever, Houston is life and death to beat two crummy teams and gave up a boatload of points in the process, but they're the measuring stick?  If the Pats did that, you guys would be in full fledged panic mode. 

^ This. If N.E gave up 34 points and 30 points to any team, a few dimwits here would be calling for bb'S head.

As Wozzy said this defense is very young with quite a few new faces from last year. VW,Love,Jones,Nink,DMC,Dennard,Mayo,Spikes,and Talib look like high caliber NFL starters to me, with Hightower(experience) and Chung(Health) right on the cusp. Our defense is a little bit of cohesion away from being dominant. Whatever that word means to a defense in this day and age.

On offense I think we need to use the RB's in the passing game. Vareen showed what he can do, but beside Woodhead, Vareen has 1 catch a game and Ridley almost never gets a ball thrown to him. Other then that our offense is the best in the league....again.

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from AZPAT. Show AZPAT's posts

Colts have a winning record... Denver has a winning record...  

It's funny, do you think the teams with poor records lay down and give up?  Winning teams get upset every weekend by losing teams, what NFL are you watching. Last week the Jags (worst team) came within a TD of beating the best team (Texans).

We're on a 5 game win streak, won 7 out of our last 8 games... let's panic now.

LOL!!!!  The Pats SHOIULD have beaten the Colts. And, if you'd care to recall, The Pats handed over a double digit 4th qtr lead (which, I'll remind you, wasn't the first time this happened this season. Check out their losses to the Ravens and Seahawks, plus their scraped by win vs the Bills). But, let's not dwell on this, as, as you know, a win is a win is a win.... until it's not.

If all you're going to do is base an imminent win the opposition had against it's opponent, then PLEEAAASSEEE explain the Pat's terrific home showing against the Cardinals. That ought to be good for a few yucks and chuckles this holiday weekend.

I'll also suggest you start reading for comprehension. Maybe it was the lack of pictures or illustratiuons in my post? I said it was a solid win, and I'd like to, want to, NEED to see this same performace against a playoff bound team. Like the Pats, the Broncos win that division by default. They won it last season and got better by adding Manning. You know, thay old, broken down, can't throw a ball with accuracy or speed for more than 25 yards, his best days are well behind him, is the front runner for MVP and Comeback POY? Check your video library to see how the Pats defense almost gakked THAT beauty up in the 4th qtr. Be not concerned how they seemingly make the opposing QBs instant HOF nominees. The Colts? DFL last season, amazing record this season. Caught a lot of "experts" by surprise. And they are playing on emotion because of their head coach. Perfect combination of factors to take a page out the Pats one well worn "Us against the world" book. Throw in a rookie QB and rookie WR's, into a once proud Manning vs Brady 10 year rivalry, and you have instant Overwhelmed, if not on expectations alone. All I'm saying is that I want to see them "Sancheeze" and dominate the Texans and 49'ers before hopping on the "Everything's great, terrific and perfect" bandwagon. If they can do that, then I'll be convinced. I'd take a 38-20 COMFORTABLE drubbing of the Texans (with NO 4th qtr Santa Claus immitation-like gift giving from the defense). And I'd gladly take a 24-10 win over the 49'ers if the defense comes to play too. I'll have to see this defense limiting Schaub to under 300 yards and 2 TD's with at least 2 INT's (after all, with a hiugh take away rate, this is gameplanned in, right?). I'd like to see the same from the defense against the 49'ers. I'd also like to see Brady connect on 70% passes, 350+ yards, 3 TD's and no INT's vs SF. I'm hoping for it, but will need to actually see it. You know, early to mid q2007 season Pats.

Just curious, have you got your excuses all ready to go IF they should lose one or both of these games?     

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:

^ This. If N.E gave up 34 points and 30 points to any team, a few dimwits here would be calling for bb'S head.

As Wozzy said this defense is very young with quite a few new faces from last year. VW,Love,Jones,Nink,DMC,Dennard,Mayo,Spikes,and Talib look like high caliber NFL starters to me, with Hightower(experience) and Chung(Health) right on the cusp. Our defense is a little bit of cohesion away from being dominant. Whatever that word means to a defense in this day and age.

On offense I think we need to use the RB's in the passing game. Vareen showed what he can do, but beside Woodhead, Vareen has 1 catch a game and Ridley almost never gets a ball thrown to him. Other then that our offense is the best in the league....again.

You seem like a nice guy, etc...you really think this defense is a little cohesion away from being dominant? What about our defensive line? We have Wilfork and Chandler - your not worried about that line being run on? Or it not being able to generate a pass rush? What about our line backers? You not worried about them in coverage? Or how about our safeties? That's a thread all in itself. I like what Dennard and Talib bring, but they are going to have to cover for a long time against good passing games without the help of a pass rush. And if teams start pounding it down our throats the safeties will have to move up and leave those guys alone on an island.

I must be missing something? I mean I love beating the jet's brains in, but it's the happless jets. This was NOT a good team and it is a horrible offense.

•  
  • This post has been removed.

Sorry, but injuries have never entered into any of my conversations, even when Brady went down. There are two basic rules in the NFL, even for thise idiot kickers:

1) If you play long enough, you WILL be injured

2) See rule #1

Travel? The better team will win, even if the game is played on Mars.  

Hmmm.... did Mom ever tell you about the two games earlier this season vs teh Bills and JESTS!? Seems to me the Pats had two wins against "crummy" teams, and yiou seem to be just fine with it. Must be that "win is a win is a win" theory, except when applied to other teams. Or, in the Texan's case, overtime MUST be involved to make a lousy team, well, lousier. That, plus throw in 2 4th qtr roll overs against BETTER teams. Then, how do you possibly explain the Cardinal debacle at home? I still haven't heard from any of you on that one. I'll even concede that it's GOT to be pretty interesting. When can I pick up my Nobel Prize for Professional Sports Home Team Panic Mode Identification?

•  
  • You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptainZdeno33. Show CaptainZdeno33's posts

I wonder if Wozzy still thinks Arizona is a guaranteed playoff team and has a good chance of winning their division just cuz they beat NE in week 2. 

Note: Please check out point scored by Ravens and Bills: one come from in front win, and a near come from in front win. I don't recall anyone here calling for BB's head. Maybe McDaniels, but most definitely NOT BB's. After all, it's not Brady's fault if he wasn't able to control the ball and score in teh 4th Qtrs, it was McDaniels' play calling, especially those over, under, and ill conceived throws that were game planned in. What was Josh thinking????? 

I believe they call this "research"

•  

In response to mthurl's comment:

You seem like a nice guy, etc...you really think this defense is a little cohesion away from being dominant? What about our defensive line? We have Wilfork and Chandler - your not worried about that line being run on? Or it not being able to generate a pass rush? What about our line backers? You not worried about them in coverage? Or how about our safeties? That's a thread all in itself. I like what Dennard and Talib bring, but they are going to have to cover for a long time against good passing games without the help of a pass rush. And if teams start pounding it down our throats the safeties will have to move up and leave those guys alone on an island.

I must be missing something? I mean I love beating the jet's brains in, but it's the happless jets. This was NOT a good team and it is a horrible offense.

Stop trying to muscle in on my turf!!!! You'll get a name and a reputation. In eality, we all LOVe those 20+ yard passing plays, and those 15+ yard rushes. LOL!

Remember, as win is a win is a win.... until it's not. Then, the excuses wert in, starting with McDaniels and his game calling. Funny how that doesn't seem to be a huge issue when they wil BIG against vastly inferior opponents.

•  

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

I wonder if Wozzy still thinks Arizona is a guaranteed playoff team and has a good chance of winning their division just cuz they beat NE in week 2. 

I'm still waiting to hear ANYONE defend or explain/excuse (yiou pick the word) that debacle. As it looks, it just may cause the Pats to play an extra playoff game, AND on the road too.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

AZPAT, you're a smart guy, do you really think a game against Arizona nearly 3 months ago that they lost on a shanked FG means anything now? The only thing that matters is what is happening now. And right now, New England is playing well, Houston is not. Does it mean this will continue all season? No of course it doesn't.  But history, especially recent history, tells us that BB coached Patriot teams are pretty good as the season winds down.  

If they lose, they lose. Life goes on. My observation of this team is they more than likely will not lose to Houston or SF or anybody else on their schedule. Doesn't mean they won't lose a game, just means the odds are they will not.  It's not because I'm some rose-colored homer, it's because this is what they always do this time of year.  The past is prologue.  That and they're playing pretty well right now.

AZPAT, you're a smart guy, do you really think a game against Arizona nearly 3 months ago that they lost on a shanked FG means anything now? The only thing that matters is what is happening now. And right now, New England is playing well, Houston is not. Does it mean this will continue all season? No of course it doesn't.  But history, especially recent history, tells us that BB coached Patriot teams are pretty good as the season winds down.  

If they lose, they lose. Life goes on. My observation of this team is they more than likely will not lose to Houston or SF or anybody else on their schedule. Doesn't mean they won't lose a game, just means the odds are they will not.  It's not because I'm some rose-colored homer, it's because this is what they always do this time of year.  The past is prologue.  That and they're playing pretty well right now.

In response to CaptainZdeno33's comment:

I'm still waiting to hear ANYONE defend or explain/excuse (yiou pick the word) that debacle. As it looks, it just may cause the Pats to play an extra playoff game, AND on the road too.

Wait, so you are a defense sux guy?

We lead the league in take aways but the defense sux? We lead the league in take aways but our defensive players are not good? Mayo is "not that good"? DMC is a bust? LB core can't cover? D-Line is soft? CB's are terrible?

I'm not sure what makes a good defense anymore? I guess to a few of you it is yards given up?

Coach Belichick sounds like he recognizes what is important to a good defense. points allowed and turnovers. PPG we are 15th. Surely room to improve as we have been doing. Turnovers we are 1st. For a team this young(2nd youngest in LG) to be this good at forcing turnovers, I say we are in pretty good shape. Only getting better, as BB's defense's always do.

And for those of you that will say, yeah but what happens when we don't get the turnovers in the post season, I say no problem because we now have an offense that will run the ball and keep other good offense's off the field. Something we have not had in too long. We also lead the lg in turnover differential. A direct result of a better balanced offense imo.

Q: How much of a game changer can it be when your defense forces a turnover and the offense is able to turn it into points?

BB: I think last night is the ‘Exhibit A’ on how quickly the game can change. Turnovers are a huge part of the game and other than points, they’re probably statistically the highest correlation to winning. We had a lot of turnovers earlier in the year and we didn’t get enough point production out of those turnovers. A lot of times, we’d turn the ball over and end up leaving with not many points. So even though we had a turnover differential advantage, that didn’t really translate into a big point advantage with those turnovers. The past few weeks, that number has changed more in our favor where the turnovers have been converted into points and in a lot of cases, touchdowns. We all saw how quickly that a very competitive game last night, that was a scoreless tie, a battle back and forth, then all the sudden it’s 35 points up there. But that’s what happens. A big play, a turnover, score, another turnover, another big play and when you get all those yards in one play, whether it’s on a big play or a turnover, then that’s what defines explosive plays. It certainly changes the whole dynamic of the game even though a 14-play, 80-yard drive that takes seven and half minutes, you get the same amount of points and all that, but it takes longer and doesn’t change the game as quickly obviously. You have to take advantage of those opportunities, to turn them into points, whether it’s Julian’s [Edelman] return or Steve’s [Gregory] return or like we had in the Indianapolis game, the strip sack and then the pass to [Rob] Gronkowski from the 20-yard line or whatever it was. When it happens that fast, it really can swing the momentum in a hurry.

Q: Can you feel things feeding off each other when that happens or are they isolated?

BB: I think those plays always energize you a little bit. But we really try to do that on every play, believe it or not. You go down there on the kickoff team, we’re always thinking about making a big play, tackling them inside the 20, knocking the ball loose. We go out there on the punt return or kickoff return team and we’re always thinking about taking it to the house; trying to execute the play properly, whether it’s blocking a punt or a returning a kick, whatever it happens to be, that that play is going to end up in the end zone for us. The same thing on a lot of plays offensively or defensively that we’re trying to get turnovers, we’re trying to make big plays, score on long runs or long passes. That doesn’t always mean throw the ball 90 yards down the field, it can also be catch and run plays or hit a seam in the running game and block a defensive back, break a tackle and go. We’re always thinking about those plays. Obviously you’re lucky if you get a couple of them a game, but I think the positive attitude and the understanding of the concept of everybody getting their man or everybody doing the right thing, to be able to kick the ball off the quarterback or disrupt the passing game so we can get our hands on the ball and intercept it or return a kick or a make a big play off it, those things are always in the back of your mind on every play.

Q: Have the turnovers been instinctive or have they been because of preparation, like Steve Gregory’s interception, for example?

BB: I think preparation is a big part of it, especially on a play like that. Steve is a very astute player, experienced and again, intelligent to pick up little things, little tips and keys. He does a good job of reading the quarterback and is able to use his experience on a play like that, to see the route develop, anticipate it and then most importantly pull the trigger and react to it quickly so that he could make the play. I think if he had hesitated a little bit or not gotten quite that good a jump on the ball, he would have gotten there just in time to break it up or make the tackle. It was that extra jump on it, that split second explosion and ability to attack the play that turned it into a turnover. Defensively plays like the [Mark] Sanchez fumble, we didn’t really have a lot to do with that play, that was more a mistake on their part than it was a great defensive play but we were able to capitalize on it, take advantage of it. Of course, we’ve all seen those plays this year and in other years, whether it be our team or another team, where a guy drops an interception or a guy has a chance to recover a fumble and it somehow squirts out and the team that should get it doesn’t get it. Some of that is creating opportunities and some of that is capitalizing on opportunities when they’re there. Usually over the course of a game, you’re going to get a couple opportunities to take the ball away somewhere along the line, defensively or in the kicking game and you have to be alert enough to capitalize on having everyone hustle and being alert, reacting to them quickly, those are the ones you usually get. A lot of times you get those opportunities and you don’t capitalize on them because you’re just not alert enough, you’re just not reacting quickly enough, you just don’t have that same split second different in energy and anticipation and reaction that makes the difference. So, the more alert you are, the more effort you’re giving, the faster you are to the ball, the more of those good things usually happen.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

True Champ, they're all gone. The Ballwashers are all gone, long since brainwashed by ESPN, Tony Mazz, Felger and Gasper now for 3+ years, needing a scapegoat since SB 42's loss. You're talking to people who have mental illness.

It's been heightened since last year's loss, where YET AGAIN, they turn to BB because Tony Mazz, Gasper, Felger, etc, tell them this is how it is. The more it's babbled about or written on a blog, they more people like the ones you're trying to sense to, believe it.  Again, it's Josef Goebbels tactics. Scary stuff, really.   

98.5 in affiliation with the NY Time owned Globe saw how much revenue they could pull in by using the anti-BB angle. Obviously, the witch hunt known as Spygate opened there door for this, so it made it easy. Once ESPN saw they could spin and lie about that, it created a boon for revenue when anyting is written about the Pats. They went from positive and fair coverage, to an agenda-driven angle that made them more momney.

It's been a moneymaker for ESPN now for years, because they realized by praising the Pats, it ticked off non-Pats fans around this country, i.e., they were sick of hearing how great NE is.

Trust me. I've lived outside of NE since college in multiple markets. I have friends who share this anti-Pats sentiment. I get it. They're jealous.    If anyone reading this also lives outside the Boston/NE area, I am sure you're nodding your head in agreement because you see it too.

Walk into any sports bar on a Sunday in this country and you'll see fans of NFC teams wildly rooting agains the Pats. Why would an NFC care about an AFC team that much? Jealousy.

That's why.

So, the Babes, the Mt Hurls, Pezzy types, etc, can't enjoy what BB has done, just did and is doing because all they care about is Tom Brady's legacy in their minds. They want to walk into work and know what their QB is the best and sits on that platform. It's also why they fell for the Jets gimmick approach, just like Mazz and Felger did. It served their agendas. It's immediate and many people who have lower IQs like that kind of stuff. Nice and dumbed down. 

The fact is, in SB 42 and SB 46 our QB and our offense let this organization down.  Not the defense. The offense.

So, the media has wildly spun it into BB's lap as the defensive guru, where they didn't even give him a chance to see his rebuilding plan surface. Notice how quick they are to tell the public the defense stinks and BB has lost it. It's so arrogant. The greatest coach in NFL history and the best GM of this era, if not all time, knows less than Tony Mazz and his litle minions here? Pathetic. Think about it: This newspaper right here changed it's format to all of a sudden slam BB. This started in 2009. They knew they couldn't do it in 2008 because BB won coach of the year with Brady down, going 11-5.

But, the flood gates opened in 2009 when BB's recent picks in the draft didn't hit as well as one would have hoped, Adalius Thomas was jettisoned on the heels of Seymour and Vrabel's departures.

BB was called "cheap" and many other names as they built their longstanding crusade to get revenge on the guy who doesn't kiss their butts in press conferences. 

This is why Babe Parilli, Mt Hurl, Pezzy and the others exist here.   They're embittered and want someone to blame.  They need to look in the mirror.

I had this all pegged very early on and it's so true now.

Didn't bother to read the 10 paragraphs of stupidity you spewed onto the thread, but I bet it includes "the warnings were out people"..."Merriweather is the second best safety in the AFC"..."Ron Brace is as good as Muhammad Wilkerson"..."we are watching the 5 year rebuilding plan of our defense unfold"..."the impending doom of the virtual certainty of the NFL lockout will lead to all sorts of excellent players being released because of fiscal irresponsibility...we will swoop in and sign all of them...you'll see!!"..."hey did I tell you I have a 150 IQ?"..."Brady is ruining this team"..." trade Brady for pics and then start Mallett"..."Patrick Chung shut down Antonio Gates all by himself"..."Tro Palumalu=Patrick Chung"..."Derrel Revis=McCourty"..."Clat Mathews is selfish and I'm glad we didn't draft him, I really am"..."Bill Belichick will never go to the 43"..."Mankins is a joke".

You are an embarrassment to NE sports fans. To think that you don't live around here makes it even worse, because now people that live out of the region will think we're all morons like you:) 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Again, it's Josef Goebbels tactics. Scary stuff, really.   

Only a fruit loop like  you could compare football talk to the acts of the Nazi propaganda minister. Get help you psycho.

• Sections
    Shortcuts