The sky is falling...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The sky is falling...

Every year I start a thread with this title and every year it turn out to be appropriate.  Let me guess, all our players sux, we need to upgrade every position, the end is near?

This is a Negative Nancy wet dream... it's a preseason game, get a grip.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: The sky is falling...

Woz....my generation the 3rd preseason game you played your regular season game hand. Yes it was pre-season but it was a poor effort and seemed to lack the desire on the part of some.

Oh well...on to next week.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

This is the only sky is fall thread I've seen.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

4 turn overs in the first 5 drives.  Horrible.  They played with no heart last night.  You can fix the turnovers but can you fix heart?  That is my biggest problem with last nights game.  That and yeah, same old argument,, could the Pats have spent wiser during the off season on one or two positions?  I say yes.  I don't like quantity over quality and I don't like spending money on projects over legit players.

Still they will go 6-0 in the division and win 12 games this season.  Unfortunatly I don't see a SB this season.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Last night Joe Vellano, Collins, no Wilfork and a host of 2nd year players started for the Patriot defense, do we really think Belichick threw everything at the Lions last night or did he do what he did last week when he started James Develin at fullback along with others, taking a look at guys with the first unit.

Whenever you lose or play this bad there is room for improvment, but the moaning and whining, telling us all of our players are terrible is typical... week one the same posters will be cheering these players for making great plays.

Hey Tcal, Talib got obliterated by a screen pass by Reggie Bush just like Mayo did, should we cut them both today or just the player you don't like?   Laughable.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Woz, you are totally missing the point. Doesn't matter if you are a 3rd stringer or bench warmer. Pre-season or not...you get punched in the face you have 2 choices, fight or yield, pick one. The Pats picked yield.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gravelten4. Show Gravelten4's posts

I agree with you to a point...however...40-9 is 40-9 is 40-9. Regardless if its pre season, mid season, post season or hunting season. Its a reminder that, while the sky is not falling, a rebuilt receiving corp and a suspect secondary could cause a hail stone or two this season. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Let's face it, I love the upside of all the new rookie receivers and the fact that they seem to be picking up the offense but it could take the entire season or more for these kids to learn the nuances of the pro game.  They are after all still rookies.  

That being said, no Gronk, fumbles by two different running backs and rookie tightend are things that can be fixed.  This team well get better as the season goes on but I wouldn't be surprise to see some struggles the first half of the season.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

There's no need for these threads. If you're allowed to overreact after a well-played game then don't get mad at other people for overreacting after a poorly played game. Down off that high horse!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I retired in the 3rd quarter, I did not see Vince play a snap. Kelly played fine. As I said my only complaint is the failure to step up when it was clear Detroit was playing the bully card.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

I'm not for cutting Mayo.  Just pointing out he's not the Great And Mighty, best ever LB, TACKLING MACHINE in the history of the game, that a few here think he is. 

He's an average LB getting paid Super Star money.  He cashed in on early success and has faded since.   I hope he can turn it around.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

Woz, you are totally missing the point. Doesn't matter if you are a 3rd stringer or bench warmer. Pre-season or not...you get punched in the face you have 2 choices, fight or yield, pick one. The Pats picked yield.

If they learn from this, if it makes the younger players better than it will have been worth it.  The entire team played bad, pointing at Adrian Wilson who didn't get into the game until the third quarter and who was basically getting his first real game action and working on tackling is silly.  

The Lions are a very good team and were coming off an embarrassing preseason showing last week, this is what happens when an over confident team meets a team with something to prove.  

We shouldn't be throwing in the towel on the season already... show fortitude, show some stones for cripessakes.  

This happens EVERY preseason and every year we contend for a Super Bowl.  It's not who the best team is early in the season, it's who is the best at the end.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

4 turn overs in the first 5 drives.  Horrible.  They played with no heart last night.  You can fix the turnovers but can you fix heart?  That is my biggest problem with last nights game.  That and yeah, same old argument,, could the Pats have spent wiser during the off season on one or two positions?  I say yes.  I don't like quantity over quality and I don't like spending money on projects over legit players.

Still they will go 6-0 in the division and win 12 games this season.  Unfortunatly I don't see a SB this season.

---------------------------------------------

"Being the best doesn't mean you always win. It just means you win more than anybody else."  Text received by Tom Brady from Kurt Warner after Ravens loss.

view my Patriots photoshops at patsfanfotoshop.tumblr.com

Did Vince even play? How man snaps did the fantastic Kelly play?  He's not quality?

Dude, there was more then that last night.  C'mon.  You said you skimmed through the game.  Maybe you should have watched the whole game.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

It’s a one game analysis Woz, at least for me. And applies to last nights game only.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Bustchise's comment:

Obviously, those turnovers are not going to continue to be a problem.  Certainly not for Brady.  This game showed a few things, though.  The pass D is no different than last year or the year before.  If they don't have a big lead, they are not going to have that huge advantage to get turnovers.  A Wilson is old and slow and showed why he was cut by the Cardinals.  

LOL. The game wasn't available on tv in NJ so there is no way you saw it, Fat Virgin. Barring you staying up until 3 AM last night watching it on NFLN, you are full of crap. Alll you're doing is piggybacking off our Pats trolls here.

Baltimore was god awful at home last night, as bad as our team.  They allowed 3 INTs, one fumble for a TD, which is the same turnover rate as us. Hence, the loss.

It's preseason. You're a moron for putting a lot of stock into games that teams aren't (good teams) aren't gameplanning for.

The bad teams instituted gameplans similar to what they'll do in the regular season, you know like Detroit or the Jets. lmao

Bwahahaha!  The game was availbe on line, I even posted a link in the game thread.  There are other ways to watch the game then tv this day and age.  LOL!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:

If they learn from this, if it makes the younger players better than it will have been worth it.  The entire team played bad, pointing at Adrian Wilson who didn't get into the game until the third quarter and who was basically getting his first real game action and working on tackling is silly.  

The Lions are a very good team and were coming off an embarrassing preseason showing last week, this is what happens when an over confident team meets a team with something to prove.  

We shouldn't be throwing in the towel on the season already... show fortitude, show some stones for cripessakes.  

This happens EVERY preseason and every year we contend for a Super Bowl.  It's not who the best team is early in the season, it's who is the best at the end.

This isnt true. You are making excuses. AW should look better in week 3. I havent heard of any injuries and he has played in every game. What are you talking about?  and he needs a lot of work...lol, He is playing too many special teams and not making an impact on defense. He should be cut, if thats all he has IMO. Im very disappointed with that 3 year deal if this is what we are getting and u should be too.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

Obviously, those turnovers are not going to continue to be a problem.  Certainly not for Brady.  This game showed a few things, though.  The pass D is no different than last year or the year before.  If they don't have a big lead, they are not going to have that huge advantage to get turnovers.  A Wilson is old and slow and showed why he was cut by the Cardinals.  

LOL. The game wasn't available on tv in NJ so there is no way you saw it, Fat Virgin. Barring you staying up until 3 AM last night watching it on NFLN, you are full of crap. Alll you're doing is piggybacking off our Pats trolls here.

Baltimore was god awful at home last night, as bad as our team.  They allowed 3 INTs, one fumble for a TD, which is the same turnover rate as us. Hence, the loss.

It's preseason. You're a moron for putting a lot of stock into games that teams aren't (good teams) aren't gameplanning for.

The bad teams instituted gameplans similar to what they'll do in the regular season, you know like Detroit or the Jets. lmao

Bwahahaha!  The game was availbe on line, I even posted a link in the game thread.  There are other ways to watch the game then tv this day and age.  LOL!

I watched it online thanks to your link.

Almost wished I didn't. Lol!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Some big mistakes but correctable. That many turnovers isn't the norm, and I am sure the coaches will reinforce ball security this week. Not worried here.

it's tough to get a read when we are not playing at full strength and with the right players playing together. 

I have 2 concerns only from last night...

1. The OL. While not st full strength, they seem to fold when faced with good competition. Our running game was atrocious, Brady got sacked twice and hurried others. This unit has to improve against top tier competition.

2. Our secondary...again. I get Dennard wasn't playing, but my concern is with the safeties. Gregory seemed absent many times last night and the rest if the group didn't seem to play well. This worries me. Maybe the pass rush will help here, but it is a concern of mine at the moment.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

Every year I start a thread with this title and every year it turn out to be appropriate.  Let me guess, all our players sux, we need to upgrade every position, the end is near?

This is a Negative Nancy wet dream... it's a preseason game, get a grip.

Did they lose last year to anyone 40-9 or worse?

How defensive can you get?  

They stunk up the place last night.  They are still a finesse team. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

The stupid D head even made a post "for out of town" viewers, a few days ago, so that they could watch.  W T F

He also outed himself as a Panther fan as he obviously did watch THAT game.

Knew it all along.  Panther troll just here to stir shyt.

EXPOSED!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

This isnt true. You are making excuses. AW should look better in week 3. I havent heard of any injuries and he has played in every game. What are you talking about?  and he needs a lot of work...lol, He is playing too many special teams and not making an impact on defense. He should be cut, if thats all he has IMO. Im very disappointed with that 3 year deal if this is what we are getting and u should be too.

Randy Moss didn't play in preseason of 2007 after game one, typically multiple all pro/pro bowl players don't need to learn how to play football, they just have to get in football shape.  

You hate all our players (except Brady of course) so expecting you to be happy would require me to pump a handfull of anti depressants down your throat.

Again I love how the moaners nitpick certain players they have been carrying an agenda against all preseason.  Tcal points at Mayo for getting beat by Bush on a screen, his binky Talib gets beat on a similar play and it doesn't require a thread.  

Oh yeah Triple, how is Nink looking now, like our best pass rusher maybe or does he still stink?

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to TripleOG's comment:

Randy Moss didn't play in preseason of 2007 after game one, typically multiple all pro/pro bowl players don't need to learn how to play football, they just have to get in football shape.  

You hate all our players (except Brady of course) so expecting you to be happy would require me to pump a handfull of anti depressants down your throat.

Again I love how the moaners nitpick certain players they have been carrying an agenda against all preseason.  Tcal points at Mayo for getting beat by Bush on a screen, his binky Talib gets beat on a similar play and it doesn't require a thread.  

Oh yeah Triple, how is Nink looking now, like our best pass rusher maybe or does he still stink?

Wozzy, which one is it. You said he is learning how to tackle and its his 1st game action. You wanna be homer # 2 behind Rusty, Fine. Dont twist my words and backpedal. I never said Nink stunk, I said he needs to do more to take pressure off of Jones and not take hald a season to get started. He has looked good so far. Dont act like im some doom and gloomer who is always negative. I was excited about AW, but my eyes said he looks bad. Im supposed to ignore it? YOu seem to want to make excuses and over rate players, I dont. You said grissom and fortson were upgrades over Deaderick and Love before they even played reg. season games!! So if you can hype a guy before he plays reg.season I can dump on a guy before he plays reg. season. I said good things about KT, and nothing about Brady so quit it. I saw a lot of folks saying good things about KT. Who else deserved praise last night? Im making my assesment of last nights game. If you were happy, fine, but dont make me out to be crazy for pointing out the obvious.

I knew going in that Talib doenst give maximum effort in tackling. he is here to cover. Just like Arrington tackles everything in sight, being a special teamer but cant cover. See how it works. I didnt start any threads about Mayo> I did start one about AW who looked very Poor last night and didnt make one play that I saw against the other teams 2s and 3s. Not Good

Sections
Shortcuts