The sky is falling...

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: The sky is falling...

In response to russgriswold's comment:

In response to wozzy's comment:

[QUOTE]

Every year I start a thread with this title and every year it turn out to be appropriate.  Let me guess, all our players sux, we need to upgrade every position, the end is near?

This is a Negative Nancy wet dream... it's a preseason game, get a grip.

AGree. The same people make fools of themselves, especially in the game threads. Happens every year. It's like they've never seen a BB camp, preseason or regular season before.

Awkward to watch and read.

I have no issues with commenting on the ups and downs (the many downs from last night), but it's one game. Plus, it's a lot better than having this happen in Buffalo or vs the Jets to start the year.

I think BB blasts them in the film rook, on the practice field and then has his would be starting units and probably back ups plays as firm units next week vs the Giants.

[/QUOTE]

You were the biggest fool in the game thread! All you did was go there to stir the pot and be an a$$.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

Just some perspective: In the 2004 preseason, the Patriots went 1-3, including losses in week 2 to Cincinnati 31-3 and in week 4 to Jacksonville 31-0. They also lost to Carolina in week 3, 20-17 and then proceeded to go 14-2 and win the SB. There are countless examples of stuff like this. Anybody remember losing to the Bills in week 1 of the 2003 regular season 31-0, and then losing one game the rest of the way? 

It's not how you start...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:

Just some perspective: In the 2004 preseason, the Patriots went 1-3, including losses in week 2 to Cincinnati 31-3 and in week 4 to Jacksonville 31-0. They also lost to Carolina in week 3, 20-17 and then proceeded to go 14-2 and win the SB. There are countless examples of stuff like this. Anybody remember losing to the Bills in week 1 of the 2003 regular season 31-0, and then losing one game the rest of the way? 

I really don't think some remember any of that because they probably weren't even fans of the team then.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I mentioned this as well. That year coming off the Sb, BB wanted to humble then. They got smoked 1st half preaseason and BB made them come out and play 2nd half and they still got waxed. I understand that, but that team was still a SB caliber team that just won it and had many vets. I just wonder who will right the ship? I dont expect those perfomances reg. season but it may be a pre cursor to postseason dealing with better D lines. Im concerned with our O line and safety play, preseason or not , but I do get your points and agree its a good test and way for BB to get on them. Lets see how they respond. Im worried because our offense is new and next week they wont play much and Are gonna go into the season on a bad note

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Every year I start a thread with this title and every year it turn out to be appropriate.  Let me guess, all our players sux, we need to upgrade every position, the end is near?

I agree with you. Only one game and means absolutely nothing in the standings. The only concern I have is that the Patriots don't fare well against defensive teams. Detroit does have a nice front 4, a little dirty but that's football. BB never game plans for pre season games, you don't win ball games with 4 turnovers which is un Patriot like. room to improve.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

I'm having the same sort of deja vu that Wozzy had.

I know I said this exact same thing last year: The O-line will be fine. It's the strength of the team. By the end of the year they'll be among the best in the NFL. Mark it down. It's a given.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

I watched it online thanks to your link.

Almost wished I didn't. Lol!

Awesome!  Glad you at least had the option to watch it, lol!!

I watched part of it at work, then had other things going on so I caught the rest later last night when I got home and could watch the recording.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

In response to Salcon's comment:

[QUOTE]

I really don't think some remember any of that because they probably weren't even fans of the team then.

Completely agreed. TFB12, Pezzy, maybe even Shizzles. We have a lot of newer fans in here who came to our party late.

Note how they never share stories of attending games or the 1980s teams.  I was born in the late 70s, but my earliest memories are watching this team.

[/QUOTE]

Well, it's not your party.  Panther fan.

The 2004  team was the most well rounded talented team of BB's history.  This team doesn't even compare.  What makes you think they can repeat that performance?

Looked closer to the 2000 team than the 04, last night.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoNotSleepOnThePats. Show DoNotSleepOnThePats's posts

Wake me if they play like this in 2 weeks when the games matter.  They're not going to be perfect every game.  2007 really messed up a lot of Pats fans minds.  They seem to expect that every year since.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

[/QUOTE]

Because I asked what the turnovers were from a bar?  The Carolina/Baltimore was on down here and Flacco got picked 3 times with a Pierce fumble for a TD (that Kuechly kid special), and Hot Blitz was nice enough to confirm our turnovers.

What is your problem???

If anyone is an aszz, it's your pathetic little whiny girl group.  Anytime our offense blows you get your panties in a wad.

Get over it. Jesus.

Our online fans are horrendous.  I can't imagine tailgating with anyone of you goobers.

[/QUOTE]

This is you asking who turned it over.... or making statements to pi$$ off people? Should I post other statements you made?

Brady turned it over 3 times already?  Here we go..brady sucks, blame the d.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kevin13130. Show kevin13130's posts

I'd like to point out that two years ago, we got trampled over by the Lions in week 3 of the preseason. In many aspects, that game was a lot worse since our defense played nowhere near the level that they played last night.

We then went to the Super Bowl and came a few plays short of a 4th title.

Stop overreacting to one game, especially not a preseason game.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BunkerSpreckels. Show BunkerSpreckels's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

Because I asked what the turnovers were from a bar?  The Carolina/Baltimore was on down here and Flacco got picked 3 times with a Pierce fumble for a TD (that Kuechly kid special), and Hot Blitz was nice enough to confirm our turnovers.

What is your problem???

If anyone is an aszz, it's your pathetic little whiny girl group.  Anytime our offense blows you get your panties in a wad.

Get over it. Jesus.

Our online fans are horrendous.  I can't imagine tailgating with anyone of you goobers.

[/QUOTE]

This is you asking who turned it over.... or making statements to pi$$ off people? Should I post other statements you made?

Brady turned it over 3 times already?  Here we go..brady sucks, blame the d.

[/QUOTE]

Brady is in charge of the offense.  It is his responsibility to limit the turnovers.  All four are on him.  Those turnovers put the defense in a bad position giving Detroit a short field to score.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

just get us to regular season!  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BunkerSpreckels. Show BunkerSpreckels's posts

In response to kevin13130's comment:

I'd like to point out that two years ago, we got trampled over by the Lions in week 3 of the preseason. In many aspects, that game was a lot worse since our defense played nowhere near the level that they played last night.

We then went to the Super Bowl and came a few plays short of a 4th title.

Stop overreacting to one game, especially not a preseason game.

Great post!  We then came back later in the year and dominated them.  BB does not game plan in the preseason.  He lets other teams show their cards.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

In response to BunkerSpreckels's comment:

Brady is in charge of the offense.  It is his responsibility to limit the turnovers.  All four are on him.  Those turnovers put the defense in a bad position giving Detroit a short field to score.

The interception was due to the receievers running into eachother. Blame whoever you want. But to put the 3 fumbles by the RBs & TE are on Brady? Please put the crack pipe down.

They sucked last night, there is no other way to describe it. But they lay an egg or two every year, and I expect a couple of these games in the regular season as well. But some of these reactions are a tad over-board to say the least.

Take a deep breath folks, the seaon hasn't started yet, and the 1st two games we looked pretty damned good. It's one pre-season game, so no reason to jump off the cliff.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to Bungalow-Bill's comment:

There's no need for these threads. If you're allowed to overreact after a well-played game then don't get mad at other people for overreacting after a poorly played game. Down off that high horse!

Good thing you signed in and out as Busthchise and back to Bungalow Bill, Fat Virgin. Quick! Sign back in as Bungalow Bill and a post!

What a psycho and loser. Oh my god.

The fact some Pats fans here align with you is disturbing.

Keep thinking we're the same person tool.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Bungalow-Bill. Show Bungalow-Bill's posts

In response to csylvia79's comment:

AGree. The same people make fools of themselves, especially in the game threads. Happens every year. It's like they've never seen a BB camp, preseason or regular season before.

Awkward to watch and read.

I have no issues with commenting on the ups and downs (the many downs from last night), but it's one game. Plus, it's a lot better than having this happen in Buffalo or vs the Jets to start the year.

I think BB blasts them in the film rook, on the practice field and then has his would be starting units and probably back ups plays as firm units next week vs the Giants.

You were the biggest fool in the game thread! All you did was go there to stir the pot and be an az$.

What is your problem???

Get over it. Jesus.

No no no. You showed up and claimed Brady threw 3 interceptions and the D had to bail him out as usual. Pathological liar.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillgridlocked. Show stillgridlocked's posts

I know I said this exact same thing last year: The O-line will be fine. It's the strength of the team. By the end of the year they'll be among the best in the NFL. Mark it down. It's a given.

Yeah they look great till some good D dismantles them. That's a given too.

I guess it's okay to let the 36 year old Brady get hammered because you know, it's only preseason so he can't actually get hurt or anything.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

In response to tanbass's comment:

. . . . . . . . . . . .

They sucked last night, there is no other way to describe it. But they lay an egg or two every year, and I expect a couple of these games in the regular season as well. But some of these reactions are a tad over-board to say the least.

Take a deep breath folks, the seaon hasn't started yet, and the 1st two games we looked pretty damned good. It's one pre-season game, so no reason to jump off the cliff.

I'm pretty much inclined to subscribe to this school of thought.  It is uncharacteristic of a BB coach team to turn the ball over like that; one game (and a preseason one at that) does not constitute a trend. 

I happen to think Mayo is a very good linebacker.  He had a bad game from what I saw and on one play in particular looked really bad.  I don't think that constitutes a trend.

The D overall played quite well given the position they were placed in by the offense in the 1st half.  Big Vince did not play, Dennard did not play.  The 1st team D has played well thus far in the preseason.  Is this is a harbinger of the reg season?  I don't know but I'd like to think so.

The Detroit D line is one of the best in the league (although comprising some painfully dumb players).  The O line had trouble with them in the run game in particular.  I believe the addition of Cannon to the O line will make a very good unit even better.

There appear to be some on the board who believe it is time to cut T. Wilson before the start of his second reg season in the league.  Seriously?

My 2 cents.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

In response to stillgridlocked's comment:

Yeah they look great till some good D dismantles them. That's a given too.

I guess it's okay to let the 36 year old Brady get hammered because you know, it's only preseason so he can't actually get hurt or anything.

Exactly, everytime u lace em up, its a competition. Only reason Brady didnt comeo out 3rd quarter is because he was getting killed. Preseason or not, you dont protect # 12, YOu aint going nowhere. Im sick of Mankins and his cheap shots and jumping offsides when he is supposed to be the leader. He has consistently gotten his lunch taken from the better D tackles for a few years now. He hasnt been nearly as good lately as he was in his 1st couple years where I actually said to myself (This is why they drafted a guard in the 1st) setting the tone, blocking guys 15 yards downfield. Now he just gives cheap shots when he gets beat which is often and has the most penalties on our line.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Actually, I think the decision to keep Brady out was made when BB noted that Detroit wasn't bringing their first team D out for the 3rd.