The Start of the "SEA BASS" era!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The Start of the "SEA BASS" era!

Personally I think Lights injury will open the door for Sebastian Volmer to get valuable playing experience and he will excel. This guy was drafted to be the O-lineman of the future. He is a big beast with great strength and good hands.
    Any thoughts on Sea Bass?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Re: The Start of the "SEA BASS" era!

Yeah i would rather see Matt Light in there as Sea Bass time will come he isn't ready yet, as it was him that have up that sack that had Brady drop the ball for a fumble. While Matt Light handled Dumervil all night not letting him get to Brady once. Believe I'm not bashing Sea Bass but he still has a long way to go to be nearly as good as Light.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from themightypatriotz. Show themightypatriotz's posts

It wasn't Seabass and it wasn't Dumervil that got the strip sack - it was Mankins getting beat by Vonnie Holliday.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

I love Matt Light but I am excited to see if this can can take the job from light. I think he can and I hope he is that good but I also wouldnt be shocked if Light came back and found his job waiting for him. He is considered by the team to be one of their best OTs in team history, he was on the 50 year team. So clearly they love this guy and want him to play. Which means if Vollmer does take teh job he must really be good at this football stuff haha

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

In Response to The Start of the "SEA BASS" era!:
    Personally I think Lights injury will open the door for Sebastian Volmer to get valuable playing experience and he will excel. This guy was drafted to be the O-lineman of the future. He is a big beast with great strength and good hands. Any thoughts on Sea Bass?
    Posted by TrueChamp

You can never have enough quality OLine backups.

Its great that sea bass gets some actual game reps but he's not going to take Matt's job anytime soon, IMHO. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Personally I think Lights injury will open the door for Sebastian Volmer to get valuable playing experience and he will excel. This guy was drafted to be the O-lineman of the future. He is a big beast with great strength and good hands. Any thoughts on Sea Bass?
    Posted by TrueChamp

I think so too. Liked what little we saw of him last game. On the Brady sack, it was actually Mankins who let the rusher get to Brady, plus, Brady stepped forward vs. moving back into the pocket....which didn't help.

Maybe with to big guys on the left we can open up some bigger holes to run through?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bryanwiener. Show bryanwiener's posts

Vollmer is the next Jonathan Ogden

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPKilla2009. Show MVPKilla2009's posts

Yes except white and german

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Boston-kyle. Show Boston-kyle's posts

Think that Vollmer is gonna be great. but with brady struggling and still vulnerable I would rather have Light on his blind side than ANY rookie. Trust is a big thing to have in the league. Brady and Light are like brothers.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from seadentro. Show seadentro's posts

Posted by TrueChamp

"Is it an ill tempered Sea Bass?!?!"

- Dr Evil

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Posted by TrueChamp

We'll find out this week TC. TB should be dropping back 40 times against this beat up secondary so it won't take long to find out what he's got. I agree, Light's not going anywhere but knowing you have another stud backup is nice. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw. Show Philskiw's posts

In Response to Re: The Start of the "SEA BASS" era!:
    It wasn't Seabass and it wasn't Dumervil that got the strip sack - it was Mankins getting beat by Vonnie Holliday.
    Posted by themightypatriotz

You Sir watched the same game I did and you are correct!

5 stars

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Sam-Adams. Show Sam-Adams's posts

Maybe they were showing a different game in maine because of the foliage?

But more importantly, has anyone seen the Texpat picks for week 6?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Yeah don't get me wrong I like Matt light a lot and he has been a force on the o-line for years, but the physique and strength of Seabass  is intriguing.  Of course it is not exactly a reassuring feeling when you have a rookie protecting the franchise but from what I read about this guy on draft day he seems like he will be an effective NFL lineman.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maine12. Show maine12's posts

Posted by themightypatriotz

Sorry stupid comment.... your right! I'll be the first to admit my mistakes.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

How about Light AND Sea Bass?  Kaczur is ok but not great. 

I'm waiting for Sea Bass to line up at tight end and catch a pass.  That's what he did for a while in college.  Who is going to outjump this guy in the endzone?  Paul Bunyan?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Vollmer's physique is not nearly as intriguing as how smooth an athlete he is. He isn't stiff or herky-jerky like a lot of long OTs like him are.

I think there was a time when Light was a legit top-five LT. I am starting to suspect that time is waning. In fairness, the line hasn't been terrible thus far, but it hasn't been good either.

My hope is that having Vollmer in there doesn't reduce the playbook, as it seemed to do last weekend.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from PuntonFirstDown. Show PuntonFirstDown's posts

Kaczur would be better suited for guard. Sea bass, JAWOHL!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from One-If-By-Sea. Show One-If-By-Sea's posts

Kaczur would be better suited for guard. Sea bass, JAWOHL!
    Posted by PuntonFirstDown

Exactly if Sea Bass does well than Light can be the right tackle and Kaczur can kick inside. Someone is going to get hurt.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

My hope is that having Vollmer in there doesn't reduce the playbook, as it seemed to do last weekend.
    Posted by zbellino

He'll be getting all his snaps in practice with the first team this week, so he'll be a in a better position to run the plays than he could have been last week. He is a rookie, though, and has a relatively short football career because he didn't grow up playing it in Germany.  So he's going to need some time to develop. Still, I've been pretty impressed with him so far.  My concern really is more with the back-up to Vollmer with Light out. Do they have another tackle on the roster other than Kazcur?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Well, the Titans don't have a good pass rush. Vanden Bosch is going to be a problem for Seabass, but it's good experience. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mosseffect43. Show mosseffect43's posts

kaczur is moveing to the left,so seabass wont have to much on the plate his first time out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

kaczur is moveing to the left,so seabass wont have to much on the plate his first time out.
    Posted by mosseffect43

That makes since. Lets not put him in a position to be taken advantage of. He will still have to perform but not as much pressure.

Sections
Shortcuts