The stash -another theory about the Pats & Jermaine Cunningham

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

The stash -another theory about the Pats & Jermaine Cunningham

Just a random thought, but I bet Jermaine Cunningham is being stashed the same way that I think Brandon Tate and Ron Brace were stashed.  

The theory: the Pats hide players from criticism and scrutiny until they're ready and/or place them on injury reports to account for the learning curve period.

I know Tate has bad knees, but Brady raves about how much more prepared Tate was heading into this season.  Similarly, Brace showed up out of shape, then magically reappeared when he was ready and looked good against Atlanta's backups.  Better to be out of sight and out of mind?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Re: The stash -another theory about the Pats & Jermaine Cunningham

There's a problem -- Cunningham didn't look lost in practice.  He was practicing with the first team.  Scouting reports said that he was fast, big, had the moves down and played in a Patriots-style defense in Florida.  Certain positions take a long time, but not this one.

BB is notably thin in good pass-rushing outside linebackers.  Burgess will probably recover what he had late last year and TBC will probably be ready to go once he gets rid of his injury, but where's the depth?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from whodeawhodat. Show whodeawhodat's posts

BBs way of circumventing the system(notice I did not say cheating).  He will not dress anyone that he doesnt plan on playing.  If this guy doesnt prove beyond a doubt that he can contribute then he gets put on the pup to open a spot on the roster.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ZigZig. Show ZigZig's posts

This is a retarted post.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Macrawn. Show Macrawn's posts

They probably stashed them in area 51.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to Re: The stash -another theory about the Pats & Jermaine Cunningham:
    BBs way of circumventing the system(notice I did not say cheating).  He will not dress anyone that he doesnt plan on playing.  If this guy doesnt prove beyond a doubt that he can contribute then he gets put on the pup to open a spot on the roster.
    Posted by whodeawhodat

sounds like you admire the way he operates.... its understanable

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jcour382. Show jcour382's posts

In Response to The stash -another theory about the Pats & Jermaine Cunningham:
    Just a random thought, but I bet Jermaine Cunningham is being stashed the same way that I think Brandon Tate and Ron Brace were stashed.   The theory: the Pats hide players from criticism and scrutiny until they're ready and/or place them on injury reports to account for the learning curve period. I know Tate has bad knees, but Brady raves about how much more prepared Tate was heading into this season.  Similarly, Brace showed up out of shape, then magically reappeared when he was ready and looked good against Atlanta's backups.  Better to be out of sight and out of mind?
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

brady talked the other day about how difficult the offense is to learn...he noted that moss and welker new series two and three of the playbook but they were only teaching one to all the youger players...   tate was coming off an acl... probably didnt know playbook as well as possible... so pup him see how he is in 6 weeks and give him another shot... physically he wasnt ready...

prior after the season talked about the physicalness of the dline after his rookie season and he was a spot player and how physically beat up his body was... maybe brace just couldnt handle that last year...and quite possibly could have had a nagging injury early on this year... i think we see more in games 3 and 4...
    i think he will be good...

reiss was saying cunningham was there best rusher/outside guy early on and that was with tbc in there... i think they are just conservative with these little injuries... gives young players a chance to step back get some treatment watch some film and come back stronger...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from marvcook. Show marvcook's posts

Why would Belichick not want his young second round draft choice to participate in practice or play in preseason games if he's healthy? He has a minor injury.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from KellieMB. Show KellieMB's posts

Ian Rappaport has said several times that Cunninghams injury is definitely not serious and they are just being "extra" cautious with him.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I agree that the team stashes players, and probably do it more than anyone and may have started the whole thing. With Cunningham I highly doubt they would stash a second rounder this early in camp (he needs this time to develop) and we have almost nobody to play his spot. The team is desperate for outside guys that can play well. I think he is hurt and probably will come back 2nd or 3rd week. Unfortunately I think the time he's missing will hurt us. To be honest, of all the outside guys they could have drafted I thought this guy looked like one of the worst on tape. I'm sure I'm wrong, I'll take Bill's side on this one (35 years coaching experience and a few super bowls).

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tagandtrade. Show tagandtrade's posts

Why would they stash a professional who is getting paid good money to play?

If that is how BB works then sign me up, i would love to make a lot of money doing nothing, while being called a professional...

Not to mention they lose a year of the contract, the PUP and the IR does not save the pats money or give them an additional year of eligibility...

Pros do not get Red-shirt!

I agree that they did do this to Brace this year because they had a hidden agenda..... I think he was riding the stationary bike and working with trainers to lose weight.... I think his conditioning test may have included a weight total i.e. "Ron, you need to; run seven 100 yard sprints in less than 20 seconds per each PLUS, come in @ 300 pounds"

Tate may have been IR'd because playing in an offense unfamiliar to him would like cause re injury..... being that he was unprepared and unconfident in his knee.... after all there is only one wes welker

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from vafan2004. Show vafan2004's posts

BB's history has been to be very secretive about injuries.  Players cannot talk to the press about injuries.  I think much of the worst case scenarios, fears, and injury rumors can be attributable to this lack of transparency.  I suspect that other clubs tend be vague about injuries as well.  

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Ughh I leave for a bit anc posts like this are made. Idiotic Bill IRs players and stashes them with minor injuries or players who have a lingering injury but just plays it safe. Cunningham was starting... LETS STASH A STARTER!!! Ron Brace played last year as he had to, and he wasnt being stashed his technique was flawed and Bill and Brace said this. Tate had surgery on his knee again... Sorry but this is a stupid thread

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

In Response to The stash -another theory about the Pats & Jermaine Cunningham:
    I know Tate has bad knees, Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188

You know? How

He looked healed up to me.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CaptnFoxboro. Show CaptnFoxboro's posts

Could stashing Cunningham just be BB's attempt to give the rookie a proper nickname :

STASH CUNNINGHAM *

* -wink-wink nod , nod to Happy Days Stretch Cunningham

PS 
    Non-Sequeter : Does anybody ever remember a rookie being traded after camp has started ? ( Is this even allowed ?)

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Pancakespwn. Show Pancakespwn's posts

Its allowed but not common. Why trade someone you just took? Example is Eli and Rivers they were drafted and traded on the same day

Sections
Shortcuts