The Stevan Ridley Appreciation Thread

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Re: The Stevan Ridley Appreciation Thread

Ridley looks like the real deal.  Nice to see after a bunch of fits and starts trying to replace Corey Dillon's production over the past eight or so years.   

As Belichick said in the offseason, 

"Corey Dillon was good enough to do it. If the Corey Dillon of 2004 was on this roster, I'm sure he'd get it 300 times, too. I have not seen Corey out there today." 

Maybe we finally have that Corey Dillon replacement that has the talent to carry the rock 300 times per season.  Great development. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

My man is running at a 35 degree angle in that picture.  I feel fortunate as a Pats fan to have a solid running back for the next 5 years.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

Ridley has been a huge surprise for me. When they drafted him right after Vereen I questioned the pick and called it a wasted pick. Seeing him run the first time in a Patriots uniform changed my mind in an instant. He was decisive, fast, strong, and could cut like no back we've seen here in years. If Ridley gets his touches he will break a couple of long runs every game. Hes definitely an elite back, one of the best. He was somewhat of a steal when you consider wher he was drafted and where Ingram was picked.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from FrnkBnhm. Show FrnkBnhm's posts

If he keeps it up, he will be the best Patriots RB since Curtis Martin. I loved Dillon, but Ridley should be here for his prime years!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I want BJGE back!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from krismk. Show krismk's posts

In 500 words or less..

The kid can play!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

He's really blossomed in the NFL, and that is saying something because he was the best of a solid group in college. 

When people here thought Charles Scott was a good mid rounder I told them to wait for Ridley. 

But he's even better than he was last year and in college. 

He's obviously put the work in, in the gym and in practice, to improve. He is faster, and looks bigger than ever. 

He IS kind of like Corey Dillon. Not the fastest, but fast enough, quick for his size, with great balance and vision that keeps improving. 

He needs to protect the ball a bit better, but it's so overstated here. BB will feed a runner the rock all day long if he is getting positive yardage. No one likes 'secure' and conservative football as much as BB. And he channeled Dillon over and over even though he put the ball down five times his first season as a Patriot. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Love the picture of him at the top of this thread. If Ridley was able to gain extra yards after being in that angle, it really speaks of his balance. He's got good size and power - I like how physical he runs. There was a game earlier this year were he really looked like he improved in the vision department - every run that looked like it would go for no gain he would get real low and slip his way forward for two or three yards. At his age I really hope they run his legs off...he's young, he can handle it.

One thing we are starting to hear about him is he has a very outgoing and young/silly personality. I wonder if he has a bit of Clinton Portis in him? I could see why Belichick might have felt uncomfortable with him after he fumbled last year if he is like Portis. It won't matter if he keeps running like this. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I want BJGE back!

[/QUOTE]

Ridleys better Babe. The only thing BJGE may have on Ridley is holding on to the ball, that said Benny has fumbled more than Ridley this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I want BJGE back!

[/QUOTE]

Ridleys better Babe. The only thing BJGE may have on Ridley is holding on to the ball, that said Benny has fumbled more than Ridley this year.

[/QUOTE]

was jk