***The STL Rams WR That Could Interest BB in FA***

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

***The STL Rams WR That Could Interest BB in FA***

The FA WR that makes a ton of sense that no one really talks about is Rams WR Brandon Gibson, whom McD should be very familiar with.  Turns 26 in August, decent size (6-0 205) and has a lot of what BB values in a WR, solid route runner, quick feet, good burst, hands catcher... he's not a burner, but provides some decent ability on the outside.  Interested to see what he could do with TB tossing him the football.  He's a FA and could be a most cap friendly option vs. the big name WR's like Bowe, Jennings and Wallace, etc.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: ***The STL Rams WR That Could Interest BB in FA***

Like him...a few questions

1. Is his skill set too similar to Lloyd? Neither are burners, neither are going to go up and take balls away from db's

2. What do you think is cap friendly?

3. what is his cost in comparison to Bowe?...best guess

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

I'd love to have Gibson on board.  The guy was an absolute stud at Wazzu, and has done well for himself at the NFL level.  I think you're right, he is a player on the rise.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Like him...a few questions

1. Is his skill set too similar to Lloyd? Neither are burners, neither are going to go up and take balls away from db's

2. What do you think is cap friendly?

3. what is his cost in comparison to Bowe?...best guess

1.  I think Lloyd is a fair comparison based on size/skill set... both have enough ability to keep CB's honest on the outside, but neither is a true burner... though I'd ask, how many true deep threats are available out there?  Once that is answered, would BB fork over the cash to land one?

2/3.  Not sure what this market will bare, but I can almost guarantee that he'll cost less than the top tier names like Bowe/Jennings/Wallace, etc.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from nomadfan. Show nomadfan's posts

I thought you were talking about Titus Young, who was placed on waiver a few days after he was brought in by the Rams. I changed my tune a little, he now knows if there is a next chance, it will be his last, to play football professionally. A team with strong coaches and team leader, and a no guarantee, low cost contract to let him prove his character and ability may be worth the risk.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to nomadfan's comment:

I thought you were talking about Titus Young, who was placed on waiver a few days after he was brought in by the Rams. I changed my tune a little, he now knows if there is a next chance, it will be his last, to play football professionally. A team with strong coaches and team leader, and a no guarantee, low cost contract to let him prove his character and ability may be worth the risk.

IDK, kid seems like a grande sh!thead and if a team with a respected coach and a need at WR like STL cuts him that soon, I'm not sure I'd even bother.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Pass on Titus Young.  Look at the resume.  The guy basically got booted off the team in Detroit.  You have to be a real @$$hole to get kicked off of the Lions.  Then he signed with STL and lasted 10 days.  Wow.  What kind of production has he shown to even warrant consideration?  The guy played across from Megatron and managed only marginal impact in the ultimate pass-happy offense.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from FishTaco64. Show FishTaco64's posts

Jeff Fisher has dealth with guys like Haynesworth, Vince Young, and Cortland Finnegan all in the locker room at the same time....if he couldn't take Young's crap for 5 days....no thank you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to FishTaco64's comment:

Jeff Fisher has dealth with guys like Haynesworth, Vince Young, and Cortland Finnegan all in the locker room at the same time....if he couldn't take Young's crap for 5 days....no thank you.

Exactly.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to FishTaco64's comment:

Exellent point!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PAULICAS1975. Show PAULICAS1975's posts

I like the way people all over this boards are saying or want BB, Patriots to sign so and so. It all comes to money and years. Cause if that werent the problem, WELKER WOULD BE SIGNED ALREADY. As long as all these players you people keep on mentioning on here want to play for cheap and get less years in New Englans then yes. I dont see alot of these players comeing here. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PAULICAS1975's comment:

I like the way people all over this boards are saying or want BB, Patriots to sign so and so. It all comes to money and years. Cause if that werent the problem, WELKER WOULD BE SIGNED ALREADY. As long as all these players you people keep on mentioning on here want to play for cheap and get less years in New Englans then yes. I dont see alot of these players comeing here. 

There us NE fans go, reaching for the stars with a player like Brandon Gibson.  Next time, I'll try and post about a more realistic player to avoid responses containing caps lock... wasn't aware that money and years were part of the contractual process... figured all players were compensated with Fig Newtons and gift certificates to Yankee Candle.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Godvernment's comment:

i'm hoping the raiders cut heyward-bey and NE picks him up. still only 25 years old, low risk/high reward.

Assuming he's reaslistic in his salary demands (based on his production to date), I agree that he's a speed/burner type that could garner their interest... assuming OAK is willing to let him walk, which according to RotoWord, would save them 5.341M.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

In response to mbeaulieu07's comment:

i'm hoping the raiders cut heyward-bey and NE picks him up. still only 25 years old, low risk/high reward.

Assuming he's reaslistic in his salary demands (based on his production to date), I agree that he's a speed/burner type that could garner their interest... assuming OAK is willing to let him walk, which according to RotoWord, would save them 5.341M.

I hope he comes with hands     80 targets 41 recpt.   I don't know how many drops.  could be the " all pro" Carson Palmer might be the cause too.  

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

There us NE fans go, reaching for the stars with a player like Brandon Gibson.  Next time, I'll try and post about a more realistic player to avoid responses containing caps lock... wasn't aware that money and years were part of the contractual process... figured all players were compensated with Fig Newtons and gift certificates to Yankee Candle.

Lol..nice...I don't see this side if you very often, but do enjoy it When it is required.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

That would be interesting...he has the speed we desire, don't know about the other components. 

I think Gibson can be had with the money we have to spend. Same with heyward bey if released. I don't think we will touch Bowe or Wallace Either. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Amendola is the StL WR that the patriost should be after

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

He too will/should be on their radar.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

In response to PatsLifer's comment:

Lol..nice...I don't see this side if you very often, but do enjoy it When it is required.

Gotta get it out of my system every now and then, ha.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In response to Schumpeters-Ghost's comment:

He too will/should be on their radar.

I like the Gibson idea more than Amendola. If they don't resign Welker, Hernandez becomes the slot guy. Amendola is a good player but is always hurt. 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Welker for Gibson and a second, sign Amendola to a 3 year 15? 

I'll take it.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Darius Heyward-Bey no tienen manos. Pass....

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.