The Super Bowl for Dummies.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: The Super Bowl for Dummies.

In Response to Re: The Super Bowl for Dummies.:
    In Response to Re: The Super Bowl for Dummies. : Nyuck, nyuck, nyuck.
    Posted by antibody

I should thank you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

The best thing that ever happened to this board is the Patriots losing two superbowls.  Hours and hours of fodder for regular posters and trolls alike.  As much as the dead horse beating continues, it would have been just as bad if the Pats had won both games since there would be a lot of "look at the scoreboard" guys here saying that we could never, ever criticise the Coach/GM again because of his record. 

I say screw that, we're just a bunch of guys who like to debate and share opinions.  But why can't some of you just keep things non-personal?  Agree to disagree!  The level of one upsmanship around here is absolutely ridiculous.   

The irony is that the Patriots could have won both games if not for a handful of plays that were entirely "makeable" on their part.  A catch/INT and history is changed forever.   

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

I am so confused by the conflict between you two. Frankly I don't care about it. My life is the same either way. However have either of you considered that you are both right. Our offense could have done better and our defense could have done better. What you are arguing about is whether or not the defense is 60% to blame or the offense is 60% to blame. There is no doubt about it, we need a deep threat and running game to make defenses worry about more things and not sit on a short-middle passing game. With these are offense is better. There is no doubt we need a few playmakers and more pressure from our defense. Other than Sterling Moore's amazing swat, when has our defense stepped up in a key game to help us win? I remember that when the game was on the line, Rodney, Law, McGinnis, Bruschi or Seymour would make a play and help seal a win. Brown or Branch would make a Catch and Vinitari would kick the game winner. With a running game and deeper threats the offense can easily get back this attitude and ability, they are not far off. With Jones, Bequette and Hightower we should get more pressure and hopefully with better safety play the cornerbacks start making some plays on the ball. They need to stop worrying about giving up the big play and try making a play once in a while. Is this coaching or ability? By why use common sense in this argument? If you are half the "expert" you claim to be then you know that football is a team game and it is difficult to win if you don't have both a play making defense and offense. You need both, one of these alone gets you far and maybe luckily win a Superbowl, but to be dominant in the Playoffs you need both and we need work on both sides of the ball I think we have made strides in the off season to address both sides of the ball and am so stroked and excited to see this team come together and believe that they can be a top performer, better than last year. This gives them a real shot at the superbowl and I want to see them go for it. They have a much better chance of winning the next superbowl then they do about beating the giants in last year's superbowl or the one from a few years ago..... Can we at least agree on that?
    Posted by Pats-bilbo

It's pretty clear the D is at fault about 80/20. Of course that was the case all season long. It wasn't apt to change in the SB.

Same old. D can't get off the field. But because they let the other guy eat so much clock the scoring is low compared to the abysmal yards and 1st downs they allow.

But this time without Gronk able to be Gronk the O couldn't quite make up for that defensive liability. They almost did. See WW drop.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The best thing that ever happened to this board is the Patriots losing two superbowls.  Hours and hours of fodder for regular posters and trolls alike.  As much as the dead horse beating continues, it would have been just as bad if the Pats had won both games since there would be a lot of "look at the scoreboard" guys here saying that we could never, ever criticise the Coach/GM again because of his record.  I say screw that, we're just a bunch of guys who like to debate and share opinions.  But why can't some of you just keep things non-personal?  Agree to disagree!  The level of one upsmanship around here is absolutely ridiculous.    The irony is that the Patriots could have won both games if not for a handful of plays that were entirely "makeable" on their part.  A catch/INT and history is changed forever.   
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

I have no problem with anybody criticizing BB's coaching. But when the facts just don't even come close to supporting the criticism, than I have a problem with it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

There was a time when this forum discussed more than the Patriots run vs pass percentages. Over the past year or so it's enveloped 90% of discussions here. I participated for the first 6 months or so but I don't know how anyone has the energy left to keep rehashing the same old stuff. I can say one thing though- nobody won, no minds were changed and they never will be. I'm ready for football season so something can maybe change the subject.
    Posted by shenanigan

Lies and unfair bashing of BB and Brady need be confronted whenever they rear their ugly head. It's a labor of love.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

I am so confused by the conflict between you two. Frankly I don't care about it. My life is the same either way. However have either of you considered that you are both right. Our offense could have done better and our defense could have done better. What you are arguing about is whether or not the defense is 60% to blame or the offense is 60% to blame. There is no doubt about it, we need a deep threat and running game to make defenses worry about more things and not sit on a short-middle passing game. With these are offense is better. There is no doubt we need a few playmakers and more pressure from our defense. Other than Sterling Moore's amazing swat, when has our defense stepped up in a key game to help us win? I remember that when the game was on the line, Rodney, Law, McGinnis, Bruschi or Seymour would make a play and help seal a win. Brown or Branch would make a Catch and Vinitari would kick the game winner. With a running game and deeper threats the offense can easily get back this attitude and ability, they are not far off. With Jones, Bequette and Hightower we should get more pressure and hopefully with better safety play the cornerbacks start making some plays on the ball. They need to stop worrying about giving up the big play and try making a play once in a while. Is this coaching or ability? By why use common sense in this argument? If you are half the "expert" you claim to be then you know that football is a team game and it is difficult to win if you don't have both a play making defense and offense. You need both, one of these alone gets you far and maybe luckily win a Superbowl, but to be dominant in the Playoffs you need both and we need work on both sides of the ball I think we have made strides in the off season to address both sides of the ball and am so stroked and excited to see this team come together and believe that they can be a top performer, better than last year. This gives them a real shot at the superbowl and I want to see them go for it. They have a much better chance of winning the next superbowl then they do about beating the giants in last year's superbowl or the one from a few years ago..... Can we at least agree on that?
    Posted by Pats-bilbo

am so confused by the conflict between you two. Frankly I don't care about it. My life is the same either way. However have either of you considered that you are both right. Our offense could have done better and our defense could have done better. What you are arguing about is whether or not the defense is 60% to blame or the offense is 60% to blame

Wow. Reason.  Well said Bilbo.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

The best thing that ever happened to this board is the Patriots losing two superbowls.  Hours and hours of fodder for regular posters and trolls alike.  As much as the dead horse beating continues, it would have been just as bad if the Pats had won both games since there would be a lot of "look at the scoreboard" guys here saying that we could never, ever criticise the Coach/GM again because of his record.  I say screw that, we're just a bunch of guys who like to debate and share opinions.  But why can't some of you just keep things non-personal?  Agree to disagree!  The level of one upsmanship around here is absolutely ridiculous.    The irony is that the Patriots could have won both games if not for a handful of plays that were entirely "makeable" on their part.  A catch/INT and history is changed forever.   
    Posted by CablesWyndBairn

I agree with this notion and i think it is really the only problem on this forum. I would use myself and Prolate as an example of 2 guys who passionately disagree on a subject but can usually keep things civil in our debates. I think we are both Patriot fans 1st and realize we want what is best for the team and have our individual opinions. They might grow old for some of you but I would always remind you that you don't have to participate.

I also understand Shenn's point of view that these on going debates can take over threads and sometimes ruin threads, for that I apologize. But what I think most fans here do not like is the constant personal attacks from a few guys, we are all pats fans(I think) and we just want to continue our obsession with Patriot football. Leave the other crap out of it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonSportsFan111. Show BostonSportsFan111's posts

In Response to Re: The Super Bowl for Dummies. : I agree with this notion and i think it is really the only problem on this forum. I would use myself and Prolate as an example of 2 guys who passionately disagree on a subject but can usually keep things civil in our debates. I think we are both Patriot fans 1st and realize we want what is best for the team and have our individual opinions. They might grow old for some of you but I would always remind you that you don't have to participate. I also understand Shenn's point of view that these on going debates can take over threads and sometimes ruin threads, for that I apologize. But what I think most fans here do not like is the constant personal attacks from a few guys, we are all pats fans(I think) and we just want to continue our obsession with Patriot football. Leave the other crap out of it.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Yup, I try not to let it get personal either.

Besides, if it wasn't for the idiots who are wrong all the time...

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jimijazz. Show jimijazz's posts

The defense held its own in the playoffs, winning the AFC championship, and allowing the offense to score 17 unanswered points in the SB.

It was the offense that turned the ball over on game cliniching drives in both the AFC championship and SB.

Plenty of blame to go around, but more than half goes to the offense.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: The Super Bowl for Dummies. : I would use myself and Prolate as an example of 2 guys who passionately disagree on a subject but can usually keep things civil in our debates.
    Posted by TrueChamp

Pro is simply more tolerant of stupidity than some.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: The Super Bowl for Dummies. : The D gave up 19 points in the Super Bowl.  That is pretty good.  Just wasn't our day.
    Posted by Mighty2013

Let me ask you this. Seriously. It has been pointed out innumerable times here that the inability of the D to get off the field is what caused the low scoring and not any great play by the D. Why do you ignore that?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The defense held its own in the playoffs, winning the AFC championship, and allowing the offense to score 17 unanswered points in the SB. It was the offense that turned the ball over on game cliniching drives in both the AFC championship and SB. Plenty of blame to go around, but more than half goes to the offense.
    Posted by jimijazz

And what do you think of the 12 man penalty negating a turnover and allowing a score?

Can you name a bigger "mistake" in the game?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In Response to Re: The Super Bowl for Dummies. : For the sake of others who read his inane rantings.
    Posted by BabeParilli

Well since he cant see your posts, if there is ever anything meaningful that you would like me to relay to him, just let me know and I will do so.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In Response to Re: The Super Bowl for Dummies. : I should thank you.
    Posted by BabeParilli

You're welcome.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilIi. Show BabeParilIi's posts

Lazzie, you can't ignore the truth.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilIi. Show BabeParilIi's posts

Shouldn't all of the numbskulls (Lazzie, Rusty, TrueChump, et al) be at some commie, liberal-minded, Obama gathering?

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In Response to Re: The Super Bowl for Dummies. : Well since he cant see your posts, if there is ever anything meaningful that you would like me to relay to him, just let me know and I will do so.
    Posted by TFB12

Thousands of meaningful facts have been sent his way by numerous posters here. That hasn't helped him much. So I'll continue to contest his falsehoods for the sake of others.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Shouldn't all of the numbskulls (Lazzie, Rusty, TrueChump, et al) be at some commie, liberal-minded, Obama gathering?
    Posted by BabeParilIi

Hi BabeParilli. The old capitol I trick. Well done.

The answer is probably yes.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Something tells me this season is going to be mighty interesting on this forum.  Who knows, maybe a perfect season will bring harmony to this place and we can all just do nothing but praise our beloved team!!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Something tells me this season is going to be mighty interesting on this forum.  Who knows, maybe a perfect season will bring harmony to this place and we can all just do nothing but praise our beloved team!!
    Posted by TFB12

I'm just hoping BB has fixed this damned mickey mouse D with his massive draft investment. That is the greatest source of strife here. People try to blame Brady's play and BB's coaching because they can't always make up for a bad D.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts