The Super Bowl for more erudite observers.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: The Super Bowl for more erudite observers.

In Response to Re: The Super Bowl for more erudite observers.:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Super Bowl for more erudite observers. : Fair enough and all good points. I'm not trying to diminish the importance of those aspects.   Any time you have a balance, whether it be run/pass ratio, less turn overs or better coaching, it's an advantage. My problem is that the O is constantly having to overachieve, because the D is  constantly underachieving.   Way to much pressure. O constantly has to score more because the D is giving up way more than the average and usually takes more time than acceptable to do it.. Ya they are averaging 21 points which is middle of the pack, but, the truth is, that is the equivelant of about 50% of the other teams possessions being scores.  Way too high!  If they got off the field quicker that % would drop to more normal averages. That puts the O in the situation where they either have to score way more TD's than FG's  (the ratio should be 3/2, not the 4/1 that the Pat's have had to maintain to win)  or score more than 50% of the time.  Pick your poison. That's difficult to do consistently, as it is not the norm by any stretch. But, yet, that is what a lot of fans expect of them. M point is that the D underachieving is creating a scenario where the O has to become one dimensional in order to overcome that . ie, having to score quickly because of time and possession restraints, having to score way more TD's than FG's and having to score more than 50% of the time and not being able to trust that the D can hold the lead. You see all the things you mention as a cause (and you are correct) but I see that the D is causing at least some of those same problems.  That is all. We both want the same thing.  Balance. But, I think the balance between the O and D is going to have to be improved before the other things can fall in line. Good news is, they seem to be well on their way to achieving that. (barring major injuries of course)
    Posted by pezz4pats[/QUOTE]

I truthfully believe the D under performed early in the season due to an influx of free agents, a host of young players and no training camp to teach BB's system.

He ran a simplified 2/4/5 nickel defense because all it called for was a pass rush from the ends/olbs and the middle linebackers who were more seasoned to be read and react players. It is a terrible scheme for your base, only used out of dire necessity.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: The Super Bowl for more erudite observers.

In Response to Re: The Super Bowl for more erudite observers.:
    [QUOTE]Any issues I have with the offense have been with the coordinator position,
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

Spare us the phoney BS. BB doesn't stand helplessly by while maniacal inexperienced coordinators ruin his team. You're a fraud.

Sections
Shortcuts