the tag on tamba hali is two firsts and the pats happen to have two first rounders

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from patthepatriot666. Show patthepatriot666's posts

the tag on tamba hali is two firsts and the pats happen to have two first rounders

i think it is extremely unlikely that the pats surrender two first round picks for him- but do you all think hali would put the pats over the top- i do think this is the case.
    i dont think there is a player that would improve th pats more

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from MordecaiBloodmoon. Show MordecaiBloodmoon's posts

Re: the tag on tamba hali is two firsts and the pats happen to have two first rounders

zero chance I would give up two firsts for an OLB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsFanVA33. Show PatsFanVA33's posts

Re: the tag on tamba hali is two firsts and the pats happen to have two first rounders

Yea, that's not happening!

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Yes, he would be an immediate impact player at a position of need. however, I don't see the Pats giving 2 firsts + a big contract to Hali. Too rich for BB's blood I think.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

The development of their second year players will put them over the top. They went 14-2 last year and had a bad game in January. It's best to stay the course and not overreact. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from timesedge. Show timesedge's posts

I would say no. Why give up two firsts for a guy now when we are set to go all the way anyway and then pick up 2 premier guys next year? Draft picks have way more value than trading for most players.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

I agree with Rockdog, however, I'm hoping the Pats sign a decent OLB in FA like Roth. I don't see much on the roster in terms of promise in this area, and i think Roth (assuming he picks up the system fast) would be an upgrade at that position over TBC, would battle Nink for playing time.

I've posted this thought several times, but perhaps we try our hand with Fletcher at OLB? I read somewhere he put on 10 lbs or so in the offseason. Does he now have the beef to set the edge and play outside? I wouldn't mind seeing him there to see what he can do.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from artielang. Show artielang's posts

fletcher is an inside LB, they arent moving him. of all the ILB guys, its possible guyton could get some reps there maybe. but with the very limited offseason, the team will be simplifying things, not moving young players around to different positions. plus, fletchers size and skill set is that of an ILB...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rockdog1293000. Show Rockdog1293000's posts

I could actually see Fletcher as an outside rush guy based on his speed and explosion. Guyton is fast but I would call him quick off the ball (or quick to react) so IMO fletcher has more potential as an outside rusher. I think Fletcher did a pretty good job rushing during the GB game so maybe he can be an insurance policy? I agree he's not going to be a traditional 3 down OLB but maybe he could help on third down?

In Response to Re: the tag on tamba hali is two firsts and the pats happen to have two first rounders:
    [QUOTE]fletcher is an inside LB, they arent moving him. of all the ILB guys, its possible guyton could get some reps there maybe. but with the very limited offseason, the team will be simplifying things, not moving young players around to different positions. plus, fletchers size and skill set is that of an ILB...
    Posted by artielang[/QUOTE]

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from gln826. Show gln826's posts

In Response to Re: the tag on tamba hali is two firsts and the pats happen to have two first rounders:
    [QUOTE]I agree with Rockdog, however, I'm hoping the Pats sign a decent OLB in FA like Roth. I don't see much on the roster in terms of promise in this area, and i think Roth (assuming he picks up the system fast) would be an upgrade at that position over TBC, would battle Nink for playing time. I've posted this thought several times, but perhaps we try our hand with Fletcher at OLB? I read somewhere he put on 10 lbs or so in the offseason. Does he now have the beef to set the edge and play outside? I wouldn't mind seeing him there to see what he can do.
    Posted by PatsLifer[/QUOTE]

The problem with Fletcher is his height and his length.  His arms are not long enough to keep the OT's off of him.  I would like to see the young guys play before I would panic about the OLB's spot.  Moore seemed to put some good pressure on during the last couple of games, plus I would like to see the 6th rounder and Cunningham (for his growth) play in the preseason some first.