In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Neal Page's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yes, afterall Andy Dalton is Brady and the Bengals weaponry is like NE's that BB has provided for Tom here. You're a smart guy!

When you rush for 1000 yards like Ridley will this year, the idea is to use it.  What a concept!Use a quality run game!

Note how Ryan in a low scoring game didn't think passing more was the solution in pulling away.

LMAO

You'll never win this debate.

[/QUOTE]

I suggest you start actually watching football before you comment about another team's talent level (you can't even get straight what we have as a team). You ever see Dalton play? How about some of the receivers or tight ends he is throwing to? I can assure you that their passing game is NOT their problem.

You are dumb. Belichick has gone on record saying why he didn't run the ball more last year. This year is even more evidence that he will run it if the talent is there. Benny wasn't good enough to take the ball out of Brady's hands, but for fun I'd love to continue tracking Benny's production for you until he retires:) It's the least I could do (I also could post all the dumb predictions and statements you've made, but that would take too long).

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Dalton had a nice rookie year last year like Ponder and each is having a predictable sophmore slump.

I am dumb and you bake cupcakes as a teacher? Really?  That doesn't make much sense. Anyone can see here your IQ is far, far less than mine.

So, tell us why BB decided "not to run" last year. This should be hilarious.

[/QUOTE]

What is your IQ Rusty? Seriously, what is it? Can you tell us that? Have you ever taken an IQ test?

I know life has got to be difficult for you when you stop and realize that a dolphin could figure out that BJGE isn't worth giving the ball to (yet you couldn't), but you got to hang in there bud. Take a deep breath...hold it in...then let it out. Let it all out. There you go, you see? Feel better? Now spell check this for me - you're not ready to graduate to football discussion yet. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's 152.

[/QUOTE]

Your IQ is 152? Really? I mean, you're kidding. I could say mine is 153, but I'd be lying...it's 160. I just wanted to make you feel better. No really, mine is 137 - not as smart as you, but at least I know what a good running back looks like...QB too. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Re: The Thread Was Deleted/Censored

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Yes, afterall Andy Dalton is Brady and the Bengals weaponry is like NE's that BB has provided for Tom here. You're a smart guy!

When you rush for 1000 yards like Ridley will this year, the idea is to use it.  What a concept!Use a quality run game!

Note how Ryan in a low scoring game didn't think passing more was the solution in pulling away.

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

I suggest you start actually watching football before you comment about another team's talent level (you can't even get straight what we have as a team). You ever see Dalton play? How about some of the receivers or tight ends he is throwing to? I can assure you that their passing game is NOT their problem.

You are dumb. Belichick has gone on record saying why he didn't run the ball more last year. This year is even more evidence that he will run it if the talent is there. Benny wasn't good enough to take the ball out of Brady's hands, but for fun I'd love to continue tracking Benny's production for you until he retires:) It's the least I could do (I also could post all the dumb predictions and statements you've made, but that would take too long).

[/QUOTE]

Yeah. Dalton had a nice rookie year last year like Ponder and each is having a predictable sophmore slump.

I am dumb and you bake cupcakes as a teacher? Really?  That doesn't make much sense. Anyone can see here your IQ is far, far less than mine.

[/QUOTE]

What is your IQ Rusty? Seriously, what is it? Can you tell us that? Have you ever taken an IQ test?

I know life has got to be difficult for you when you stop and realize that a dolphin could figure out that BJGE isn't worth giving the ball to (yet you couldn't), but you got to hang in there bud. Take a deep breath...hold it in...then let it out. Let it all out. There you go, you see? Feel better? Now spell check this for me - you're not ready to graduate to football discussion yet. 

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's 152.

[/QUOTE]

BWAAAAHHHAAAAAAA!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's 152.

[/QUOTE]

BWAAAAHHHAAAAAAA!

[/QUOTE]

^^^Yeah that was kind of my reaction.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to pezz4pats' comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's 152.

[/QUOTE]

BWAAAAHHHAAAAAAA!

[/QUOTE]

^^^Yeah that was kind of my reaction.

[/QUOTE]

ya, a salesman with a 152 IQ who can't even figure out simple math.

Rusty. if a QB scores a td on 40% of his drives and there are 12 drives, how  much did he score?  Quick. your high IQ should snap that one right out.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from HOTBLITZ. Show HOTBLITZ's posts

You all are hilarious...

Straight comic relief..lol

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Well???????  Are you still looking for your calculator?.  tick tick tick

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Rusty c'mon you don't have a 152 IQ. I mean if you're going to lie about it, at least put it into the 140ish range, don't go putting yourself in the brain surgeon level.

Can anyone picture this guy operating on brains???? I can see it now...yeah we are just going to remove this cerebral cortex here and oh, did I ever tell you about the impending doom that is the virtual certainty of an NFL lockout? Scarier than brain cancer I tell yeah!! Yeah all these teams will be running out of money. And did you ever see how good Patrick Chung can cover a tight end? He's got this unusual technique - he lets the guy run wide open, so when the QB looks he is so stunned that he just over throws the guy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Can't even figure it out with a calculator, can ya? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to NY-PATS-FAN4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

All I read was abandoning the run and then I stopped.

Hey did you catch Benny's masterful day today? 17 carries for 56 yards (a 3.3 average). You still believe we should of just kept feeding this guy the ball last year? He's 22nd (at least before today) in rushing despite being Cincy's "lead" back this year. He has three touchdowns and three fumbles, he has something like 8 catches. After a week off to rejuvinate his 27 year old legs he only manages 53 yards against the 15th ranked run defense in the NFL? And this was a close game too.

Some of us realized long ago that Benny was nothing more than a backup (you weren't one of them). He's a good guy, tries hard, but in the end you "abandon" the run when he is your back. You've got to. 

Figure out why we are running more this year yet? It's because we have better runners - it's not because of mean Tom Brady telling Belichick and O'Brien what to do.

[/QUOTE]

I always thought Law Firm was a good back; not special, just got the most yards that HE could get on a play. It was clearly time to move on, as much better natural talent sprung up in the Pats backfield.

That said, it is a little disingenuous to bash Benny over his performance in Cincy. Watching the game today, neither Gayle Sayers nor Jim Brown nor Barry Sanders nor Adrian Peterson could have gained much behind that woeful line. Seemed like two out of three carries, he was getting hit within a split-second after Dalton gave him the ball.

I posted on another thread that Steven Jackson was averaging only 3.7 a carry going into the game against the Pats. He is clearly a beast of a runner, but without holes a back just can't do much, especially someone like BJGE, who runs with strength rather than cuts and moves.

The guy has heart. He's just getting beaten up in Cincy.

[/QUOTE]

Well I must say I disagree with you - two weeks ago it was reported that teams simply crowd the middle when they face Benny. Why? Because they know he can't get outside. So all teams are doing is taking away the only thing he can do...run in one direction (straight ahead) without having to make a cut or move. If it looks like he is getting nailed right away, it's because he leaves his team at a disadvantage do to his limited skill. If the guy had any burst, moves or ability to cut, teams wouldn't be able to do that to the Bengals.

[/QUOTE]

Okay, we can agree to disagree. I was merely reporting what I witnessed with my own eyes, after watching the entire Bengals-Broncos game today.

I can't speak to the league's defensive schemes against the Bengals, because I don't care to follow them, so you may be right in that teams are crowding the middle (although if that were the case, seems the QB should be calling audible throws to the outside to spread them out). But I can speak to the fact that their guards and tackles were being consistently dominated, one-on-one, at the line of scrimmage. Seriously, I can recall at least a half dozen runs where BJGE had barely taken the handoff before the DT had plowed into his rib cage. Everyone knows Law Firm lacks explosiveness, but he was never accused of being a dancer, a la Maroney. Getting to the LOS was never his problem; getting 20 yards past it, when a nice hole opened up, was.

No matter how you slice it, any objective eye would conclude that Cincy's O-Line is just beyond atrocious. As a unit, they are far, far worse than the Pats' secondary, at the moment.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Excuse Rusty. He's confused. The 152 was his combined SAT score.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from No-Mercy-Defence. Show No-Mercy-Defence's posts

lol keep it up guys funny stuff.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's 152.

[/QUOTE]

This thread caught my eye. Due respect, thought I would make a couple of comments.

If posters here feel their posts are removed but have not violated any BDC rule or policy, they can appeal to BDC to have their post(s) reinstated. Friends of mine as well as myself have done this and usually the posts are reinstated.

If a poster feels another poster has gone beyond heated exchange over to personal attack it is up to him to report the post. If there is a pattern of personal attacks by a poster than one may choose to call attention to the pattern. The moderators will then decide if the behavior warrants action, such as suspension. 

This is a large commentary site. The moderators need information to be brought to their attention so they can try to render fair decisions.

If you all truly have IQs up where you state they are, I should think the above would seem like something worth trying. 

I am offering this as someone who has posted in different areas of this site. In the article threads, this seems to work best. There are other areas where posters prefer to keep it in house. 

I do follow sports. Love football. But I also have learned over time that navigating BDC requires a learning curve. Take my advice or leave it. But for those who want to debate sports and are not interested in getting personal and insulting other posters, maybe this may help.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Benny wasn't good enough to take the ball out of Brady's hands, and neither is Ridley...though Ridley is an upgrade over Benny. When Brady gets protected, there's no one better.

The Pats are still a passing team, and, with Brady aboard, that's the way it should be. The running game should be used only to compliment the passing attack, as it was against the Rams. Running out of the shot-gun has been, and is, effective. When Brady lines up behind center, he's not nealy as comfortable...and everybody knows by now that when he lines up behind center, it's a running play.

The Pats are good enough to hang 30 points or more against any defense. Let Brady wheel and deal from the shot-gun. Good pass protection is the key to good offensive production.   

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Benny wasn't good enough to take the ball out of Brady's hands, and neither is Ridley...though Ridley is an upgrade over Benny. When Brady gets protected, there's no one better.

The Pats are still a passing team, and, with Brady aboard, that's the way it should be. The running game should be used only to compliment the passing attack, as it was against the Rams. Running out of the shot-gun has been, and is, effective. When Brady lines up behind center, he's not nealy as comfortable...and everybody knows by now that when he lines up behind center, it's a running play.

The Pats are good enough to hang 30 points or more against any defense. Let Brady wheel and deal from the shot-gun. Good pass protection is the key to good offensive production.   

[/QUOTE]

No. Good game planning is the key to offensive production, and good pass protections is a derivative of good game planning. Passing 50 times against the best pass rush in football is not a good game plan. You are asking too much of them.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Belichick was asked if the days of the bellcow running back are officially over, and his response was pretty sharp.  "I'm for whatever helps us win" he said.  "If it's 500 quarterback sneaks, if that's the best thing for us, then I'm all for it.  If that's the best thing we can do to win, then sign me up for it."  Informed that since Corey Dillon in 2004, the Patriots haven't had a bellcow, Belichick deadpanned, "Corey Dillon was good enough to do it.  If Corey Dillon of 2004 was on this roster, I'm sure he'd get it 300 times too.  I haven't seen Corey out there lately."

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from andiejen. Show andiejen's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to andiejen's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LMAO

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Yeah, it's 152.

[/QUOTE]

This thread caught my eye. Due respect, thought I would make a couple of comments.

If posters here feel their posts are removed but have not violated any BDC rule or policy, they can appeal to BDC to have their post(s) reinstated. Friends of mine as well as myself have done this and usually the posts are reinstated.

If a poster feels another poster has gone beyond heated exchange over to personal attack it is up to him to report the post. If there is a pattern of personal attacks by a poster than one may choose to call attention to the pattern. The moderators will then decide if the behavior warrants action, such as suspension. 

This is a large commentary site. The moderators need information to be brought to their attention so they can try to render fair decisions.

If you all truly have IQs up where you state they are, I should think the above would seem like something worth trying. 

I am offering this as someone who has posted in different areas of this site. In the article threads, this seems to work best. There are other areas where posters prefer to keep it in house. 

I do follow sports. Love football. But I also have learned over time that navigating BDC requires a learning curve. Take my advice or leave it. But for those who want to debate sports and are not interested in getting personal and insulting other posters, maybe this may help.

[/QUOTE]

How do you get them reinstated?  I want the one back where I exosed Bdbreu for saying BB is "turning a new leaf" fromo the other day. That was a doozy. Poor little kid.

Imagine a teenager lecturing BB and proud of BB for "turning a new leaf.

These are the morons who infest this board.

[/QUOTE]

Neal,

To ask BDC to consider reinstating any of your posts you have 2 options. At the bottom of the page you will see "CONTACT BOSTON.COM". Click on this. Here you will find a 617 phone number to speak to someone or to leave a message. You will also find a 2nd option. A form you can click on, explain the situation, include the URL if you can, and ask for a response.

I have found them to be very fair in these situations. Sometimes it is a matter of not enough training when the post was reported for abuse. Othertimes the moderators do get overwhelmed. Make note of your reference number. If you do not get a reply in a reasonable amount of time, that number helps to track down your request.

Good luck. 

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

[QUOTE]

Edit: SCH81 must be a mod or have connections to being a mod because he pulled the thread and now it reappeared, but only AFTER his presence is seen back in the original thread.

Funny how he thinks he can somehow post black dots as a troll who controls the board, delete threads and comments, etc, not say anything, but also not be banned.

Very interesting.

[/QUOTE]

SCH81 must be a frustrated cell phone user and is unable to post in the message box like the rest of us 

His little black dots are annoying as hell, but if you notice he sometimes he leaves a short message in thread title area (the headline) just above the time stamp

Not something a mod would do lol

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

His last post on page 2 of your "Brady postseason comparison" thread

He left a message for you in the headline

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts