The Time Has Come

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

Re: The Time Has Come

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

At Brady's 1.4% interception rate, an extra 2 passes a game would result in approximately three one-hundreths of an interception per game.  Over the course of a season, it amounts to about 4/10ths of an interception.  

Fuzzy math.^^

Better than fuzzy logic.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to p-mike's comment:

Bear in mind, Z, that when Eric Dickerson set the current single-season rushing record, he did not win the MVP.

That honor went to lovable also-ran Dan Marino.

Remember that when Peyton Manning is hoisting the MVP.

Wrong thread. My bad.

I think Marino also set a record or two that season and at least took his team to the big dance, even if he lost to a better QB and team, and the Rams didn't even make the playoffs.

Marino's 1984 season, which basically *shattered* every meaningful single season accumulative passing record, really was a better MVP season than Dickerson's ... as great as his was as well. 

The equivalent in this era would be passing would be (roughly) 5800 yards passing and an astounding 67 touchdowns, based on the marks held prior to Marino's 1984 season by Fouts and Tittle against the current marks held by Brees and Brady respectively. If someone had done that this season, and their team made the playoffs, I would have to say, sorry AP ... good 19 out of 20 seasons, but that would top it in my book.

To put it into RB persepective, to have the kind of year Marino had in 1984, Peterson would have had to have had 2230 yards, and have run for an insane 37 TDs, and Dickerson would have had to have for 2123 yards (he was close) and run for 32 TDs, a record that would still stand today. 

So yeah, Marino earned it in 1984 in my opinion. 

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to RockScully's comment:

In response to prolate0spheroid's comment:

At Brady's 1.4% interception rate, an extra 2 passes a game would result in approximately three one-hundreths of an interception per game.  Over the course of a season, it amounts to about 4/10ths of an interception.  

Fuzzy math.^^

Only if you don't understand math ;-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertigho. Show vertigho's posts

There's no such thing as 'fuzzy math'. Math is math... it can't be interpretated multiple ways. It's an exact science, and there's a reason it's called the universal language. 

6. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts