The Time Has Come

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Re: The Time Has Come

In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I am not sure if the Washers will ever step forward at a time like this, but this was a Week 17 2004 feel for me.

Brady was under center, they ran their plays, everyone was involved. the D while not at its full roster, made plays and looked GREAT up front in particular, so it was a throwback feel.

So refreshing to see them more methodical with the offense. RIdley, 20 carries, but with a not so great YPC, the clock was managed, field was controlled, no turnovers. Yep.  It's "old time" Patriot football.

It appears they may draw Houston and I like it.  They still won't match up well. I just hope Nink's hip is only a hip pointer and can be ok by the AFC Title game, which will could possibly be in New England if Baltimore holds at home and then goes out to Denver and surprises.   We'll see.

If not, I welcome a run into Denver to expose their middle of the field with Gronk, a nice Run D and a really nice ascneding D.

How nice was it to see Francis, Deaderick (Great game), a healthier Love and Scott play like that?

NE gets Dennard and Talib back and the back ups all look like they know what they're doing. Thanks, BB.

[/QUOTE]

I agree Rusty. This was a very enjoyable game to watch. The offense exectuted and the defense performed very well, especially when you consider no Talib, Dennard, and Nink. 

The RBs were great and the playcalling was also very good. I was also pleased to see Brady throw a few passes from under center (aside from just PA) because I feel this makes our offense less predictable.

Let's hope this carries over into the playoffs. We match up very well with Houston, and with how they have been playing, I hope we draw them. 

If this team is healthy, they will go far. I think they really are the best team in the AFC. Manning's sqaud won't be beating up on creampuffs anymore, and our offense has dropped 30+ on them in the past 3 meetings.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Not sure if your calling anyone out and if so for what......but this was a great team win on our way to winning Super Bowl throphy #4.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

[QUOTE]

I also love how everyone will be raving about Denver, who hasn't played anyone in over 2 months.

LOL

Don't think for a second that won't make a difference and BB doesn't realize that.

[/QUOTE]

Denver has played crap opponents, but they have obliterated them. Not like they were barely winning most of those games. They did what they could with the second half schedule .

Pats have definitely had the Bronco's number the past two seasons, but I think the Bronco's are playing with more confidence than ever.

I'm looking for another epic game. Don't see a blowout for either side. Round 4 of Brady-Manning in the playoffs.

Lets see some snow too!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]

I also love how everyone will be raving about Denver, who hasn't played anyone in over 2 months.

LOL

Don't think for a second that won't make a difference and BB doesn't realize that.

[/QUOTE]

Yep. Denver can beat up on the scrubs/creampuffs/whatever you want to call them. The best team they beat was a very injured Baltimore Ravens team, and that is not very impressive. I think the Bengals could give them a tough game if they upset Houston, although I still like the Texans to win that game.

People also seem to forget that we held Denver to 24 points without Dennard and Talib at starting CB and McCourty at S. The offense has dropped 30+ on this team in each of the past 3 meetings. I see a close game if they meet, but I still see a Pats W.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Darn! I thought this was going to be RockScully's retirement from the forum speech thread.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from dapats1281. Show dapats1281's posts

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

LOL

[/QUOTE]

Yep. Denver can beat up on the scrubs/creampuffs/whatever you want to call them. The best team they beat was a very injured Baltimore Ravens team, and that is not very impressive. I think the Bengals could give them a tough game if they upset Houston, although I still like the Texans to win that game.

[/QUOTE]

I think the Bengals have the third highest potential in the AFC. Theyre too inconsistent for me to call them the third best team...but the Bengals best vs the Texans best, I would pick the Bengals. Geno Atkins is a beast.

But I have trouble seeing anything but Brady vs. Manning. 3 straight playoff losses to Mannings, Manning with all the hype this season, Brady plays his best when the opposing QB gets all the attention.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

Perhaps you missed the first quarter. Brady was on pace to throw 50+ times, with more than half the plays coming from the shotgun.  Looks like Bill wanted to do what we do best, pass the ball and get a lead against one of the worst pass D's in the NFL.  Brilliant.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Frank158's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Perhaps you missed the first quarter. Brady was on pace to throw 50+ times, with more than half the plays coming from the shotgun.  Looks like Bill wanted to do what we do best, pass the ball and get a lead against one of the worst pass D's in the NFL.  Brilliant.

[/QUOTE]

Umm, no. They kept running it and Brady was under Center a lot more than he had been in recent weeks. MUCH better.

They also tried to target a lot of different people early, which helps.  The dump off early to Woodhead and the screens also were nice.  The playaction he had later, clearly, also developed because they didn't forget to keep running it.

Ridley, the lead back, had 20 carries. Yep.

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you missed the first quarter. Brady was on pace to throw 50+ times, with more than half the plays coming from the shotgun. 

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

that was a nice game. as expected the defense has improved to the point where they will be a force in the playoffs. denver will finally have to play against a good team.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Umm, no. They kept running it and Brady was under Center a lot more than he had been in recent weeks. MUCH better.

They also tried to target a lot of different people early, which helps.  The dump off early to Woodhead and the screens also were nice.  The playaction he had later, clearly, also developed because they didn't forget to keep running it.

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you missed the first quarter. Brady was on pace to throw 50+ times, with more than half the plays coming from the shotgun. 

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter. They still established the run.  Gregory's INT and the great D gave NE more drives than they could have hoped for.  Enough with your new  board name, whoever you are.

You're annoying.  It's very clear, NE used a lead back, didn't forget to run for long stretches, played field position early, didn't panic/didn't turn it over, etc.

Whoever you are with a new board name here, you won't win. This is your worst time to be trying to be belligerent.

[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that whenever someone throws facts at you you say that they are annoying or they are a troll.  Now, the entire premise of your post is proven wrong and so you say it doesn't matter.

The truth is, early in the game, we passed often, we ran and passed out of the shotgun often and we built a 21 point lead and rolled from there.  

It was nice to see our backs hold on to the ball.  I guess that's the difference between playing a team like San Fran that has tons of take aways and Miami who is down near the bottom of the conference.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

They are going to NEED Talib and Dennard out there in the playoffs. Manning and Denver are not Tannehill and Miami in the cold. 

It really was a great win .... also great to see the offensive line play like men after a couple weeks of playing like boys. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter. They still established the run.  Gregory's INT and the great D gave NE more drives than they could have hoped for.  Enough with your new  board name, whoever you are.

You're annoying.  It's very clear, NE used a lead back, didn't forget to run for long stretches, played field position early, didn't panic/didn't turn it over, etc.

Whoever you are with a new board name here, you won't win. This is your worst time to be trying to be belligerent.

[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that whenever someone throws facts at you you say that they are annoying or they are a troll.  Now, the entire premise of your post is proven wrong and so you say it doesn't matter.

The truth is, early in the game, we passed often, we ran and passed out of the shotgun often and we built a 21 point lead and rolled from there.  

It was nice to see our backs hold on to the ball.  I guess that's the difference between playing a team like San Fran that has tons of take aways and Miami who is down near the bottom of the conference.

[/QUOTE]

Laughable.  Brady would sometimes go back under Center and mix it up much more than he has in recent weeks AND Ridley was used as a true lead back for 20 carries.   That's the idea.

I don't care if they use a lot of shotgun or passing plays in the 1st qtr. They key is to not forget about running it or establishing some variation of the run.  They did that before halftime, even showing patience after two weak first drives. That's what is important.  

So, what other name do you use here?    Your game is not going to work. You clearly are someone here is using a new name to troll.

And, as far as your first comment, you were completely blistered in our earlier debate.

There is no one on planet earth who can makes the case that the 2009 draft was close in terms of depth than the 2010 one.  I already clearly explained why you are wrong. If not for the new CBA terms and a rookie cap, you'd be correct. But, there was a new CBA with a new rookie cap, with us seeing a large amount of Juniors enter the draft.

Nighty night.

[/QUOTE]

Who was blistered?  You just kept yapping about how obvious it was, but you disappeared when I asked you for some sort of proof.  Where is your proof?  

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

They are going to NEED Talib and Dennard out there in the playoffs. Manning and Denver are not Tannehill and Miami in the cold. 

It really was a great win .... also great to see the offensive line play like men after a couple weeks of playing like boys. 

[/QUOTE]

I agree and good points. 

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

Indeed the time has come...for the BB Pats to win their 4th SB. They appear to be the best team in the league. NO EXCUSES...GET IT DONE!!  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Laughable.  Brady would sometimes go back under Center and mix it up much more than he has in recent weeks AND Ridley was used as a true lead back for 20 carries.   That's the idea.

I don't care if they use a lot of shotgun or passing plays in the 1st qtr. They key is to not forget about running it or establishing some variation of the run.  They did that before halftime, even showing patience after two weak first drives. That's what is important.  

So, what other name do you use here?    Your game is not going to work. You clearly are someone here is using a new name to troll.

And, as far as your first comment, you were completely blistered in our earlier debate.

There is no one on planet earth who can makes the case that the 2009 draft was close in terms of depth than the 2010 one.  I already clearly explained why you are wrong. If not for the new CBA terms and a rookie cap, you'd be correct. But, there was a new CBA with a new rookie cap, with us seeing a large amount of Juniors enter the draft.

Nighty night.

[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you didn't watch the game at all and are just looking at the final stats.  

Let me help you out.  Here's what happened in the first half.

We ran about 43 plays.  Of those 43, about half were out of the shotgun. Of those 43, we passed 23 times and ran 20 times.  Of those 20 runs, Ridley ran 8 times, Vereen ran 8 times and Woody ran 3 times.  During that time we went up 21-0.  The rest of the game was garbage time.  As anyone who has watched football knows, when you get a 21 point lead, you run it as often as possible, unlike when you go down 31-3, where you have to pass.

Let me know if you need any further corrections.  I feel sort of bad for you the way you post things that are just plain wrong and everyone makes fun of you for it.  If I can help you understand the game, it would be better for everyone.

Sections
Shortcuts