In response to RockScully's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Frank158's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Perhaps you missed the first quarter. Brady was on pace to throw 50+ times, with more than half the plays coming from the shotgun.  Looks like Bill wanted to do what we do best, pass the ball and get a lead against one of the worst pass D's in the NFL.  Brilliant.

[/QUOTE]

Umm, no. They kept running it and Brady was under Center a lot more than he had been in recent weeks. MUCH better.

They also tried to target a lot of different people early, which helps.  The dump off early to Woodhead and the screens also were nice.  The playaction he had later, clearly, also developed because they didn't forget to keep running it.

Ridley, the lead back, had 20 carries. Yep.

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you missed the first quarter. Brady was on pace to throw 50+ times, with more than half the plays coming from the shotgun. 

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter. They still established the run.  Gregory's INT and the great D gave NE more drives than they could have hoped for.  Enough with your new  board name, whoever you are.

You're annoying.  It's very clear, NE used a lead back, didn't forget to run for long stretches, played field position early, didn't panic/didn't turn it over, etc.

Whoever you are with a new board name here, you won't win. This is your worst time to be trying to be belligerent.

[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that whenever someone throws facts at you you say that they are annoying or they are a troll.  Now, the entire premise of your post is proven wrong and so you say it doesn't matter.

The truth is, early in the game, we passed often, we ran and passed out of the shotgun often and we built a 21 point lead and rolled from there.  

It was nice to see our backs hold on to the ball.  I guess that's the difference between playing a team like San Fran that has tons of take aways and Miami who is down near the bottom of the conference.

[/QUOTE]

Laughable.  Brady would sometimes go back under Center and mix it up much more than he has in recent weeks AND Ridley was used as a true lead back for 20 carries.   That's the idea.

I don't care if they use a lot of shotgun or passing plays in the 1st qtr. They key is to not forget about running it or establishing some variation of the run.  They did that before halftime, even showing patience after two weak first drives. That's what is important.  

So, what other name do you use here?    Your game is not going to work. You clearly are someone here is using a new name to troll.

And, as far as your first comment, you were completely blistered in our earlier debate.

There is no one on planet earth who can makes the case that the 2009 draft was close in terms of depth than the 2010 one.  I already clearly explained why you are wrong. If not for the new CBA terms and a rookie cap, you'd be correct. But, there was a new CBA with a new rookie cap, with us seeing a large amount of Juniors enter the draft.

Nighty night.

[/QUOTE]

Who was blistered?  You just kept yapping about how obvious it was, but you disappeared when I asked you for some sort of proof.  Where is your proof?  

[/QUOTE]

I didn't go away. I was watching the game. I just told you, troll. Juniors entered the 2010 draft knowing a rookie cap would be implemented in 2011, which deepend the 2010 draft more than it alrready was.

There was no "marginal" difference at all.

No one is buying you coming on here a new troll, then getting exposed immediately, trying to take me on. Try again, but not on this thread.  YOU are the one who tried to sneak in here saying the 2010 draft was "marginally" better than 2009, not me. There is nothing "marginal" at all.

You got caught trying to troll. Either prove why 2009s was so great or leave.

[/QUOTE]

As I mentioned before, you saying the same thing over and over does not make it true.  You must think that because the 2010 draft was the deepest in 25 years that way more players stuck with their drafting teams, right?  You must think that because the 2010 draft was the deepest in 25 years that way more players from that draft have become starters for their teams, right? You must think that because the 2010 draft was the deepest in 25 years that way more players from that draft have attained league awards, right?  Since the 2010 draft was the deepest in 25 years all of these things must not only be true, but true by a long shot.  

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from WazzuWheatfarmer. Show WazzuWheatfarmer's posts

Re: The Time Has Come

[QUOTE]

Did anyone see an uncomfortable Dungy when Rodney was praising NE's D?  LOL

He said being at home for Denver will be the difference and he ignored how poorly Denver matches up vs NE.   Sure, Tony. Yes, Denver wins it going away vs the Pats and BB. 

Personally, if it comes to that, I LOVE the underdog role with the media and everyone rooting for Denver. It plays perfectly into this team's hands.

I did see that.  Dungey looked like he would just as soon die than admit that NE's defense is begining to look like a force.  I whole-heartedly agree that the underdog role would be ideal for the Pats if they end up going to Denver.

[/QUOTE]

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Perhaps you missed the first quarter. Brady was on pace to throw 50+ times, with more than half the plays coming from the shotgun.  Looks like Bill wanted to do what we do best, pass the ball and get a lead against one of the worst pass D's in the NFL.  Brilliant.

[/QUOTE]

Umm, no. They kept running it and Brady was under Center a lot more than he had been in recent weeks. MUCH better.

They also tried to target a lot of different people early, which helps.  The dump off early to Woodhead and the screens also were nice.  The playaction he had later, clearly, also developed because they didn't forget to keep running it.

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps you missed the first quarter. Brady was on pace to throw 50+ times, with more than half the plays coming from the shotgun. 

[/QUOTE]

It doesn't matter. They still established the run.  Gregory's INT and the great D gave NE more drives than they could have hoped for.  Enough with your new  board name, whoever you are.

You're annoying.  It's very clear, NE used a lead back, didn't forget to run for long stretches, played field position early, didn't panic/didn't turn it over, etc.

Whoever you are with a new board name here, you won't win. This is your worst time to be trying to be belligerent.

[/QUOTE]

I've noticed that whenever someone throws facts at you you say that they are annoying or they are a troll.  Now, the entire premise of your post is proven wrong and so you say it doesn't matter.

The truth is, early in the game, we passed often, we ran and passed out of the shotgun often and we built a 21 point lead and rolled from there.  

It was nice to see our backs hold on to the ball.  I guess that's the difference between playing a team like San Fran that has tons of take aways and Miami who is down near the bottom of the conference.

[/QUOTE]

Laughable.  Brady would sometimes go back under Center and mix it up much more than he has in recent weeks AND Ridley was used as a true lead back for 20 carries.   That's the idea.

I don't care if they use a lot of shotgun or passing plays in the 1st qtr. They key is to not forget about running it or establishing some variation of the run.  They did that before halftime, even showing patience after two weak first drives. That's what is important.  

So, what other name do you use here?    Your game is not going to work. You clearly are someone here is using a new name to troll.

And, as far as your first comment, you were completely blistered in our earlier debate.

There is no one on planet earth who can makes the case that the 2009 draft was close in terms of depth than the 2010 one.  I already clearly explained why you are wrong. If not for the new CBA terms and a rookie cap, you'd be correct. But, there was a new CBA with a new rookie cap, with us seeing a large amount of Juniors enter the draft.

Nighty night.

[/QUOTE]

It sounds like you didn't watch the game at all and are just looking at the final stats.  

Let me help you out.  Here's what happened in the first half.

We ran about 43 plays.  Of those 43, about half were out of the shotgun. Of those 43, we passed 23 times and ran 20 times.  Of those 20 runs, Ridley ran 8 times, Vereen ran 8 times and Woody ran 3 times.  During that time we went up 21-0.  The rest of the game was garbage time.  As anyone who has watched football knows, when you get a 21 point lead, you run it as often as possible, unlike when you go down 31-3, where you have to pass.

Let me know if you need any further corrections.  I feel sort of bad for you the way you post things that are just plain wrong and everyone makes fun of you for it.  If I can help you understand the game, it would be better for everyone.

[/QUOTE]

Looks like balance to me and no turnovers. What is your point?  I saw Gronk back at the line a ton blocking, too. That's exactly whay I was looking for in the pregame thread. Go read it. I said keep him back or TEs back and don't forget to keep running it. Voila.

Let me know if you think we don't know who you are as a troll.

lol

You're the dork who literally said 8 hours ago  that the 2010 draft was "marginally better" than the 2009 draft to troll in the "I hate BB" RKarp thread.  You lost. I told you WHY it wasn't 3 times. Exposed the daylights out of you, and now you try to troll and ruin this thread after a great team win.

No one makes fun of me, stupid.  I call them out and expose their agendas, just like yours here. There's about 5-10 people I easily abuse on here with regularity because they like to troll in their Brady panties, and then after they open their yap too soon, they look dumb within hours after. Like you.  I'd suggest not doing it.  How about that?

Note how AGAIN, the D actually sparked this win. 3 and outs and a Gregory INT started it.

[/QUOTE]

You just keep saying the same thing.  And yet you refuse to answer the questions.  Are all of those things true or not?  It's very simple.  Juniors entering the draft do not make it the deepest draft in 25 years.  Play on the field does.  Either answer the questions or shut your mouth.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nighty night.

[/QUOTE]

Who was blistered?  You just kept yapping about how obvious it was, but you disappeared when I asked you for some sort of proof.  Where is your proof?  

[/QUOTE]

I didn't go away. I was watching the game. I just told you, troll. Juniors entered the 2010 draft knowing a rookie cap would be implemented in 2011, which deepend the 2010 draft more than it alrready was.

No one is buying you coming on here a new troll, then getting exposed immediately, trying to take me on. Try again, but not on this thread.  YOU are the one who tried to sneak in here saying the 2010 draft was "marginally" better than 2009, not me. There is nothing "marginal" at all.

[/QUOTE]

As I mentioned before, you saying the same thing over and over does not make it true.  You must think that because the 2010 draft was the deepest in 25 years that way more players stuck with their drafting teams, right?  You must think that because the 2010 draft was the deepest in 25 years that way more players from that draft have become starters for their teams, right? You must think that because the 2010 draft was the deepest in 25 years that way more players from that draft have attained league awards, right?  Since the 2010 draft was the deepest in 25 years all of these things must not only be true, but true by a long shot.  

[/QUOTE]

No, it means NONE of that, dummy. It means that the CBA was about to have a rookie cap so a boatload of Juniors also entered the draft, deepening the talent level.

Is this really that hard to understand?

No, it doesn't mean I think they attain any league awards. I go by facts.  Fact is, BB traded back into the 2010 draft, picked Patriots type players, and nailed it. End of story.

If more GMs knew how to draft, maybe they would have done better. It's not anyone's fault the moron Jets, for example, reached for Kylie Wilson or left themselves with no 2dn rd pick and then took Kenricl Ellis, a borderline felon.

As I said, the UDFA group for ALL teams also proves how deep that draft was.

I just saw guys like Deaderick and Kyle Love make plays tonight as back end draft guys in that draft. I hope you enjoy being wrong.

[/QUOTE]

Did 2010 have the most UDFA in 25 years?

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Nighty night.

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No, it means NONE of that, dummy. It means that the CBA was about to have a rookie cap so a boatload of Juniors also entered the draft, deepening the talent level.

Is this really that hard to understand?

No, it doesn't mean I think they attain any league awards. I go by facts.  Fact is, BB traded back into the 2010 draft, picked Patriots type players, and nailed it. End of story.

If more GMs knew how to draft, maybe they would have done better. It's not anyone's fault the moron Jets, for example, reached for Kylie Wilson or left themselves with no 2dn rd pick and then took Kenricl Ellis, a borderline felon.

I just saw guys like Deaderick and Kyle Love make plays tonight as back end draft guys in that draft. I hope you enjoy being wrong.

[/QUOTE]

Your entire premise that the 2010 draft was the best in 25 years is that BB did better in 2010 than in 2009 and that he traded back in 2010?  This is why the 2010 draft was the deepest in 25 years?  This reminds me of Nixon saying that if the President does it it must be legal.  

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

[QUOTE]

No, but the quality of the UDFAs proves it was a very deep draft.

Good luck trolling, though. lol

I'll take your minimal retort as a backpedal.

[/QUOTE]

The quality?  And how are you measuring this?  Is this more of you saying it, therefore it must be true?

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

Who's the best QB in the NFL?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

[QUOTE]

No, my "entire premise" is not that at all. BB traded into it, knowing it was due to the CBA rules of 2011 and beyonf having a rookie cap, unleashing more Juniors than ever before, so his hits with the picks, some of them multiplied in the first couple of rounds, was by design.

Please show proof as to why the 2009 draft was even good.

Until then, go away and stop trolling with these immediate responses of yours, as you seek attention as a troll.

You're not fooling anyone. You JUST registered recently and have like 20 posts, all of which follow me around, after you've been effectively throttled in the debate.

I can post numerous articles which substantiate 2010 as the deepest draft in two decades.

Can you deliver one article that tells us 2009 was a strong class?

[/QUOTE]

I am not the one saying that 2010 was the deepest draft in 25 years.  I am not referencing articles written prior to the players ever taking the field.  I am offering proof of things that are quantifiable when assessing the strength of a particular draft, sticking with a team, draft efficiency, starters and league recognition.  You are offering a defense of because you said so, it must be true.  In other words, a steaming pile.  

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

No, my "entire premise" is not that at all. BB traded into it, knowing it was due to the CBA rules of 2011 and beyonf having a rookie cap, unleashing more Juniors than ever before, so his hits with the picks, some of them multiplied in the first couple of rounds, was by design.

Please show proof as to why the 2009 draft was even good.

Until then, go away and stop trolling with these immediate responses of yours, as you seek attention as a troll.

You're not fooling anyone. You JUST registered recently and have like 20 posts, all of which follow me around, after you've been effectively throttled in the debate.

I can post numerous articles which substantiate 2010 as the deepest draft in two decades.

Can you deliver one article that tells us 2009 was a strong class?

[/QUOTE]

I am not the one saying that 2010 was the deepest draft in 25 years.  I am not referencing articles written prior to the players ever taking the field.  I am offering proof of things that are quantifiable when assessing the strength of a particular draft, sticking with a team, draft efficiency, starters and league recognition.  You are offering a defense of because you said so, it must be true.  In other words, a steaming pile.  

[/QUOTE]

Actually, we've seen you offer NOTHING of substance here.  You just keep babbling.

Post data and facts or walk away, dork.

[/QUOTE]

I see.  This is what is called the "I know you are, but what am I" defense. When asked to back up your statment that you have refused to back up, you then say I am not proving the negative.  

It's very clear why everyone hates you.  You make an absurd statement and your only proof is becasue you said so.  You must be 13 years old.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Frank158. Show Frank158's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No answer?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No answer?

[/QUOTE]

frank don't argue with Scully (of of his 12 board names)

he thinks bellichick invented football

also he has a 152 IQ and a good job so he is obviously superior to all us mere mortals

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No answer?

[/QUOTE]

also he has a 152 IQ and a good job so he is obviously superior to all us mere mortals

[/QUOTE]

Hey Jints! Sorry about your wildly unpredictable Giants. I could never get a handle on that team, all year. One week, they'd go into San Francisco, and crush the 49ers. The next, they get buried in Cincinnati! What a weird season!

But, I'm sure that the Packers are relieved that the G-men are gone. Despite the wild up and down year, I believe that the Giants, as a 6th seed, would have gone into Green Bay, and trounced the Packers again! After that, the sky would have, once again, been the limit for them. 

My guess is that they know it.

Too much skating on thin ice...and it finally caught up with them.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to TexasPat's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No answer?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Hey Jints! Sorry about your wildly unpredictable Giants. I could never get a handle on that team, all year. One week, they'd go into San Francisco, and crush the 49ers. The next, they get buried in Cincinnati! What a weird season!

But, I'm sure that the Packers are relieved that the G-men are gone. Despite the wild up and down year, I believe that the Giants, as a 6th seed, would have gone into Green Bay, and trounced the Packers again! After that, the sky would have, once again, been the limit for them. 

[/QUOTE]

all true Tex...combination of injuries age and complacency

brutal schedule but still at 8-5 it was in their grasp-very disappointing ending no doubt-some house cleaning is in order i think

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No answer?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

brutal schedule but still at 8-5 it was in their grasp-very disappointing ending no doubt-some house cleaning is in order i think

[/QUOTE]

The G-men would be foolish to let GM Jerry Reese, or Tom Coughlin go. They have lots of holes. They need to address their pass-rush, DE, DL, OL, and CB. Osi's best days are behind him. Justin Tuck's knees don't appear able to take the strain. Plus, teams were very successful running against the Giants. They need a stout DT, and/or ILB to shut that down.    

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No answer?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

The G-men would be foolish to let GM Jerry Reese, or Tom Coughlin go. They have lots of holes. They need to address their pass-rush, DE, DL, OL, and CB. Osi's best days are behind him. Justin Tuck's knees don't appear able to take the strain. Plus, teams were very successful running against the Giants. They need a stout DT, and/or ILB to shut that down.    

[/QUOTE]

i trust reese-he has done a fantastic job and i think he will fix these spots

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TSWFAN. Show TSWFAN's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No answer?

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

i trust reese-he has done a fantastic job and i think he will fix these spots

[/QUOTE]

See my comment on the WW THREAD

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

Frank, don't get all worked up.  Rusty was clearly into that wine early last night.  By rough count, the Pats were under center in about 15 of their first 25 plays against the Jags and about 15 of their first 28 plays against Miami.  So there was no big difference in use of the "shotgun spread" early in the game.  Later in the Miami game, with a three TD lead, the Pats ran a bit more with Brady under center as you'd expect given the situation; the Pats also had a hurry-up drive to end the first half in Jax, which also used more passing and spread formations, again as the situation called for.

Another of Rusty's big bugaboos besides the use of the shotgun spread is the subbing of running backs.  I haven't counted who was in on every play, but against Jax in the first half they ran Ridley 7 times, Woodhead 3 times, and Bolden 3 times.  Against Miami in the first half they ran Ridley 10 times, Vereen 8 times, and Woodhead 3 times.  So they subbed pretty freely in Miami too, with Vereen and Woodhead playing a pretty prominent role alongside Ridley.  

Lastly, Brady threw 22 times in the first half against Miami and 24 against Jax.  The run-pass mix in the first half against Miami was a little more equal than the run-pass mix against Jax in the first half, but that mostly had to do with the hurry-up drive that ended the first half in Jax, which resulted in a lot of passing on the final TD drive of the half--again as the situation called for. 

The big difference in the play of the offense was the O-line: a much stronger performance against Miami than against Jax.  

Defense was also better in the Miami game.  The pressure was very good against Miami, but the Pats were sending 5 or 6 a lot, which is something they rarely do.  They must have seen a weakness on the film, since that's a strategy they haven't employed much.  Or maybe it's something they may feel they can do more with Francis coming on strong and Jones healthy again?  Will be interesting to see what they do in the playoffs with the pass rush.  I was surprised, though, to see so many defensive plays with five or more rushing the QB. It paid off against Miami . . . not sure it would work against every team.  

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts