the touchy colt fans

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from garytx. Show garytx's posts

the touchy colt fans

Cold Hard Football facts is appreciated here but not so in the world that is the Colts!

http://www.coldhardfootballfacts.com/Articles/11_2759_You%27d_be_ornery_if_you_were_a_Colts_fan%2C_too.html

Sensitive folk. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from bubthegrub2. Show bubthegrub2's posts

Re: the touchy colt fans

But you can ask underdogg about any of those games and he will give you at least five reasons (i.e. excuses) as to why they lost!!!

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

In Response to Re: the touchy colt fans:
    [QUOTE]But you can ask underdogg about any of those games and he will give you at least five reasons (i.e. excuses ) as to why they lost!!!
    Posted by bubthegrub2[/QUOTE]

Hey, just to head things off here, you should know that in each of the seasons mentioned in the article, the Colts lost an entire team to injuries. In several of the seasons, they had to bring in players from the Vidal Sassoon Institute for tryouts just to get enough guys to fill out the roster. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from JulesWinfield. Show JulesWinfield's posts

That's nothing.  Try suggesting to Pat fans that a QB coming back from major reconstructive knee surgery might not turn a non-playoff team into the SB favorite!  Believe me, I heard my share of touchy fans and excuses when I did that.  ...just pointing out the logs in your eyes...

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

[QUOTE]That's nothing.  Try suggesting to Pat fans that a QB coming back from major reconstructive knee surgery might not turn a non-playoff team into the SB favorite!  Believe me, I heard my share of touchy fans and excuses when I did that.  ...just pointing out the logs in your eyes...
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

Hey Jules it's not just us. It's Vegas and all the national prognostications that have the Pats as one of the top 2 teams to make it to the Super Bowl in the AFC (along with the Steelers). Feel free to go to your local bookstore and browse through the NFL 2009 magazines. So maybe that's why you guys are also touchy this year that a QB coming off major knee surgery running a tied for 1st place team that missed the playoffs and can jump pass a team that finished 2nd and got knocked out by a 8-8 playoff team. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

And I care what Colts fans think or how they feel why, exactly?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from sportsbozo1. Show sportsbozo1's posts

I only know what the pundits tell me and they are telling me that the Colts ain't about squat.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Hey, given that CHFF is a boston area based site with noted pat lovers, it doesn't surprise me at all what write (or how they write) about the colts.  Facts are facts - slant (to use a root word) is propaganda.  And CHFF is none too short on that.

Bub, actually the whippings the colts took at the hands of the pats are only explained by saying the pats were the better team.  The loses the last 2 years can be laid at the feet of the colts (and well last year also at the feet of the Chargers punter).  The colts beat themselves. 

Root - poor effort.

Jag - that 8-8 team also beat you last year.  We did however play and beat them in the reg season. 

I've got no problem with pundits picking the pats.  The team was strong last year without Brady.  The personnel changes and players back to strength make the team look very good.  No reason to think they can't do it, but I would add no less than 3 other teams to that list including the colts. 

As for touchy.  Yes, a bit.  But as Jules points out, no more so than any good pats fan.  The last pat championship was 4 seasons ago and many of you are still living off of those days. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prairiemike. Show prairiemike's posts

[QUOTE] The last pat championship was 4 seasons ago and many of you are still living off of those days. 
    Posted by underdogg[/QUOTE]

I got into this with a guy at work last week. I'm not sure who is living off of what, but since that last championship, the Pats have lost a Super Bowl, a conference championship game, a divisional round game and missed the tournament once on a niggling tiebreaker. Show me a fan who isn't satisfied with that level of contention and I'll show you a bandwagon moron.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from unclealfie. Show unclealfie's posts

[QUOTE]  The last pat championship was 4 seasons ago and many of you are still living off of those days. 

Wrong, my friend. We're "living off of" the future, the 2009 season and beyond.
    We're revitalized and rearmed with the best QB in the business, bar none returning to lead us. We're confident in knowing that we have a tradition of winning big games and a QB who thrives in them, unlike the goofy-looking nose-picker captioned above. 
    The colts are done, my friend. They're unlikely to make the playoffs ( playoffs!! playoffs? playoffs?) this year but we look forward to them coming to our house over the next three seasons in 2010-2012 for some righteous payback. 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsChowder. Show PatsChowder's posts

Saying the Colts are done is a little crazy.  I don't want to see them anywhere near the playoffs, but they've done a nice job replacing some pieces that have now gotten old.  Donald Brown and Anthony Gonzalez are really going to help keep that team in the spotlight.

The defense has always been a struggle for Indy, but they're starting to come around as long as they stay healthy.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Alfie - That's our nose picker.  I think maybe the result of the pick are tacky fingers that help him hold onto the ball.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]That's nothing.  Try suggesting to Pat fans that a QB coming back from major reconstructive knee surgery might not turn a non-playoff team into the SB favorite!  Believe me, I heard my share of touchy fans and excuses when I did that.  ...just pointing out the logs in your eyes...
    Posted by JulesWinfield[/QUOTE]

The fact that they were not a playoff team last year was a complete fluke.  Only three or four times in the history of the NFL has an 11-5 team not been in the playoffs. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the touchy colt fans : The fact that they were not a playoff team last year was a complete fluke.  Only three or four times in the history of the NFL has an 11-5 team not been in the playoffs. 
    Posted by newenglanderinexile[/QUOTE]

I believe it only happened once before. The Denver Broncos were 11-5 in 1985 but there was also a different playoff system with 2 wildcards and 3 division winners.

The other interesting thing to me is that 4 playoff teams actually had a worse record than the Pats and two of those teams won their divisions. 

I look at the 2008 Pats as a playoff team that didn't make the playoffs. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTLadyluvsPats. Show CTLadyluvsPats's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the touchy colt fans : Wrong, my friend. We're "living off of" the future, the 2009 season and beyond. We're revitalized and rearmed with the best QB in the business, bar none returning to lead us. We're confident in knowing that we have a tradition of winning big games and a QB who thrives in them, unlike the goofy-looking nose-picker captioned above.  The colts are done, my friend. They're unlikely to make the playoffs ( playoffs!! playoffs? playoffs?) this year but we look forward to them coming to our house over the next three seasons in 2010-2012 for some righteous payback. 
    Posted by unclealfie[/QUOTE]

OMG Uncle Alfie...that picture just about made me choke on my beverage! lmao Now that is some funny stuff...albeit a bit disturbing.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsTxGrl. Show PatsTxGrl's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: the touchy colt fans : OMG Uncle Alfie...that picture just about made me choke on my beverage! lmao Now that is some funny stuff...albeit a bit disturbing.
    Posted by CTLadyluvsPats[/QUOTE]
    Well, it almost made me gag on my lunch! That's just not a good site to see while you are eating. yuck!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

I knew that Peyton Manning was a giant choke artist and that  the Colts could be relyed on to lose in the playoffs year in and year out but i had no idea their choking ways went all the way back to Johny U! Underdogg no wonder you are so quick to make excuses for the Colts, you have a lot of practice.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Tas - wasn't a colts fan before they came to town.  Grew up a steelers fan.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

The game I remember the most Pats vs Baltimore Colts was the final game of the 1981 season. Both teams were almost playing to lose to get the number 1 pick. How times have changed. We still had IMO the best 2-14 team in NFL history, at least the most competitive.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

Underdogg so let me get this straight, you are a fan of both the Steelers and the Colts? Are two most hated rivals? What the he ll are you doing on a Pats forum lol

Why dont you start rooting for the Jets while you are at it.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Not really a Steelers fan any longer.  I have really embraced the colts.  Having grown up in the 70's without a team, it was easy to be a Steelers fan and I never generated any love for either the Bengals or the Bears. 

I think my parents would tell you my first favorite team (when I was too young to know) was the Jets.  LOL. 

I only bleed blue now.  Rest assured.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from MVPkilla. Show MVPkilla's posts

So at some point in your life you either rooted for the Jets, Steelers, or Colts? That is the trifecta! lol You sir are the devil lol

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from underdogg. Show underdogg's posts

Tas - LOL.  Never meant to be, but without a team, you know as a kid you gravitate toward the winners.  Jets and Namath; Colts and the steel curtain. 

But hey, since the colts came to town and I adopted them, I have rooted for some fairly miserable teams in my day.

Just remember this (and take heart).  There really was no valuable colts pats rivalry (even as division foes) until these teams got good.  Lets be thankful for our success and the rivalry it has wrought.  I know I am, even amidst the beat downs we colts fans endured at your hands during the first half of this decade.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Wizardsjag. Show Wizardsjag's posts

[QUOTE]Tas - LOL.  Never meant to be, but without a team, you know as a kid you gravitate toward the winners.  Jets and Namath; Colts and the steel curtain.  But hey, since the colts came to town and I adopted them, I have rooted for some fairly miserable teams in my day. Just remember this (and take heart).  There really was no valuable colts pats rivalry (even as division foes) until these teams got good.  Lets be thankful for our success and the rivalry it has wrought.  I know I am, even amidst the beat downs we colts fans endured at your hands during the first half of this decade.

Steelers huh. Remember my Dad saying, that team is the worst team in NFL history. Next season they won their first Super Bowl.

Sections
Shortcuts