The toughest AFC opponent for the pats is the chargers

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from McFEETers. Show McFEETers's posts

The toughest AFC opponent for the pats is the chargers

there i said it. there no telling how it will shake out, but i am going to enter into full bullish freakout mode if the pats win- go pats
    ps where is jbolted- it is wrong for this troll to take a hiatus ahead of the pats/chrgers game- what a PUNK!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BubbaInHawaii. Show BubbaInHawaii's posts

Re: The toughest AFC opponent for the pats is the chargers

In Response to The toughest AFC opponent for the pats is the chargers:
    [QUOTE]there i said it. there no telling how it will shake out, but i am going to enter into full bullish freakout mode if the pats win- go pats ps where is jbolted- it is wrong for this troll to take a hiatus ahead of the pats/chrgers game- what a PUNK!!!
    Posted by McFEETers[/QUOTE]

At this time, I think the Jets are the toughest AFC opponent.  I don't know much about the Charger's front 7. If someone can provide an assessment and compare against the Jets front 7....that'd be helpful.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from june2010. Show june2010's posts

The Jets ...

They know the Pats the best.

A few years go, the JEts D held the Chargers to 14 points, and the Chargers had a top 5 offense and won 13 games in a row or something. Also, Norv Turner is their HC.

The Pats own the Steelers, have trouble with the Ravens, but lose to the Jets. They loss 2 of 3 to them last season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Yeah, Jets for sure.  The Chargers do stupid things on cue to lose.  They are probably number 3 or 4 in my book.  Jets, Ravens, Steelers, Chargers.  I'll find out if I'm wrong this afternoon.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

?? Well, I would say @ New Jersey will be tough, and don't forget about Pittsburgh

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Soft division, overrated team in every way...  They're a prime example of why stats are misleading.  You get no points for YPG stats....

AFC East is the best division in football, Jets are the biggest challenge but the Dollfans and Bills are going to beat a lot of teams they shouldn't according to the pundits.  Pitts, Baltimore, Green Bay are all substantially better.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from digger0862. Show digger0862's posts

It's not just the Jets, it's the entire AFC East. The Bills and Dolphins also know us very well.

I know we've beaten the Bills twice a year since 2003, but they looked good last week, they usually play us tough and they are due.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RS75. Show RS75's posts

Yes, Chargers will be one of the tests, not the only one.  Other tests include Jets (Pats record over the last two years is 2-3), Ravens (Flacco is getting better and the defense looks better than in the past), Philadelphia in NFC (by the time they play Pats, the new personnel will have meshed into a strong unit).

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from natesubs. Show natesubs's posts

right now i am most afraid of the ravens after the dismantling of pitt and the additions at WR/CB their 2 weak spots.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

In Response to Re: The toughest AFC opponent for the pats is the chargers:
    [QUOTE]Chargers are a good team. Pats need to bring their A game.
    Posted by bobbysu[/QUOTE]
    I think the Pats would have to bring their A game every game.  Why?  The Pats are probably a marquee game for that team and to beat them, given all the hoopla given to the Pats, is a feather in their caps.  Look at how Detroit reacted in winning a "pre-season" game!  You are always up for one of the top teams in the league regardless of how lowly your team may be.  There is always a David to some Goliath in the NFL week in and week out.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsbandwagonsince76. Show patsbandwagonsince76's posts

In the AFC, probably the Ravens,Texans,Buffalo,Chargers.

The Jets have taken a small step back this year, and BB has modified the team to match better against the Jets which will make a big difference.

beyond the scope of this thread..NFC..I see Lions and GB as big matchup problem teams, problem I would like to have next Feb.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

The Chargers are tough and should be a challenge. After watching Pittsburgh last week, they're not the Big Bad Bogeyman some folks would have you believe they are. The Ravens are worrisome  but we don't play them in the regular season and with any luck won't face them in the play-offs, (play-offs?).

So right now I'd have to say the Jets. They're in the division, play us twice, know us well and Ryan is pathalogically, droolingly obsessed with beating the Patriots.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kjfitone. Show kjfitone's posts

i think the ravens are the toughest draw for the patriots. the chargers probably would be 2nd. 

i know the jets play us tough but they are the most overrated team in football. when the pariots bring their a game they blow out the jets. i predict that we sweep the jets this season. 

the steelers are a good team but the patriots own them. 

i would rank the top 5 in the afc like this
    1. patriots
    2. ravens
    3. chargers.
    4 steelers
    5. jets

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

The Ravens are potentially the toughest opponent out there, true, but if we don't get to face them it's a moot point.

Sections
Shortcuts