The Troubled Brandon Marshall??

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

The Troubled Brandon Marshall??

Many pundits heaped accolades on the Dolphins when they acquired WR Brandon Marshall from the Denver Broncos...for a pair of second round draft choices, two years ago. 

Though the media is quick to point out the flaws on current Patriots, Chad Ochocinco and Albert Haynesworth...and, prior to them joining the team, Randy Moss...little comment was given when the troubled Marshall became a Dolphin.

Here's a wrap up of the latest mess Marshall has gotten into, as he appears to be on the verge of destroying his once promising career: http://www.palmbeachpost.com/sports/dolphins/police-reports-detail-chaotic-scene-when-wife-of-1729535.html    

Marshall has been arrested on many other occasions, a synopsis of which is set out below:  

According to Orlando-Orange County public records (case 48-2004-MM-012392-O), on Halloween 2004, while a student at UCF, Marshall was arrested in Orlando on charges of assault on a law enforcement officer, refusal to obey, disorderly conduct and resisting an officer.[56]

On January 1, 2007, Marshall was present at "The Shelter," a nightclub in Denver, Colorado, along with teammates Javon Walker and Darrent Williams. The trio was attending a birthday party held for and by Denver Nuggets forward Kenyon Martin. As the players were leaving the club in a limousine, Williams was fatally shot in the neck after an unknown assailant opened fire on the vehicle. Willie Clark was later charged with the murder.[57] Walker has stated in interviews that the shooter was likely a nightclub patron whose motive was retaliation after being involved in an altercation with Marshall's cousin earlier that night.[58][59]

On March 26, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Highlands Ranch suburb of Denver on suspicion of domestic violence after his girlfriend reported that following a domestic dispute, Marshall prevented a taxi she was in from leaving his house.[60] Charges from the incident were later dismissed on May 25, 2007, after Marshall completed anger management counseling.[61]

In the early morning of October 22, 2007, Marshall was arrested in the Denver-Aurora metropolitan area at the intersection of 14th and Blake St. for driving under the influence of alcohol.[62] A trial was scheduled for September 16, but Marshall instead agreed to a plea bargain four days earlier; he pleaded guilty to a reduced charge of driving while ability impaired.[63] He was sentenced to one-year probation and 24 hours of community service.

On June 12, 2008, Marshall was ticketed for an illegal lane change, then found to be without his license and proof of insurance.[64] The case was eventually dropped as part of a plea bargain for the October 22, 2007 driving incident involving alcohol.[63]

According to an article published in the Rocky Mountain News on July 28, 2008, Douglas County deputies fielded "about 11" calls to Marshall's home since January 2006. The article stated that one call resulted in Marshall being arrested (the March 26, 2007 domestic dispute), and some did not involve him at all.[65]

A September 17, 2008 article on CompleteColorado.com stated that the solicitor's office in Fulton County, Georgia filed misdemeanor battery charges on September 10 for an alleged incident on March 4, 2008, in Atlanta, Georgia. Marshall was booked on March 6, then released the next day after posting a $1,000 cash bond.[66] The case was assigned to Judge John Mather in Georgia state court.[67] On August 14, 2009, a jury in Atlanta found Marshall not guilty.[68]

On March 1, 2009, Marshall was arrested in Atlanta for disorderly conduct after allegedly being involved in a fight with his fiancee, Michi Nogami-Campbell. Marshall was released on a $300 bond.[69] The charges were dropped the following day.[70]

On April 23, 2011, Marshall was stabbed near his stomach by his wife, Michi Nogami-Marshall. He was taken to a hospital and was released two days later. He is expected to make a full recovery

It was later revealed by police that Marshall's wife did make a brief 911 call, but it only described an unspecified emergency and no mention of a stabbing ever took place. She is charged with aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and is free on $7,500 bail.

In a South Florida Sun-Sentinel article published on July 30, 2011, it was revealed that Marshall was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder at Boston's McLean Hospital after his incident with Nogami-Campbell.[73] He is currently pursuing treatment for his mental illness and filming a documentary about his struggle.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brandon_Marshall

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from apdynasty23. Show apdynasty23's posts

Re: The Mess That is Brandon Marshall

1) My God, that's a long rap sheet.

2) Glad the Patriots passed on him, even though the talking heads here were salivating at the idea of getting Brandon Marshall.

3) Don't care for him as a player, never did, never will, but I hope he gets right mentally. Long life to live after football and I'd hate to see him become another casualty.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I see your point here.  But just for the record, Brandon Marshall has been diagnosed with BPD, he seems to have taken the illness serious, has got help and is working on turning his life around.  Lets hope he makes it and rebuilds all that he has ruined. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rocky. Show Rocky's posts

Even though he has done a lot of stupid things, you have to hope he gets help for his borderline personality and many other problems.....

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: The Mess That is Brandon Marshall:
    [QUOTE]I see your point here.  But just for the record, Brandon Marshall has been diagnosed with BPD, he seems to have taken the illness serious, has got help and is working on turning his life around.  Lets hope he makes it and rebuilds all that he has ruined. 
    Posted by BradyMossFan[/QUOTE]

Didn't know that. Hope he gets under the care of competent doctors who can put him on the right meds.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Mess That is Brandon Marshall :      Didn't know that. Hope he gets under the care of competent doctors who can put him on the right meds.
    Posted by TexasPat3[/QUOTE]

Seriously you didn't know that????  The last paragraph of YOUR OWN POST mentions it.  So basically you just wanted to rip on the guy and didn't even read the article you copied?  Nice....

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]Even though he has done a lot of stupid things, you have to hope he gets help for his borderline personality and many other problems.....
    Posted by Rocky[/QUOTE]

Here's a detailed article on Marshall's condition:
    http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-dolphins/fl-brandon-marshall-borderline-person20110730,0,3435299.story

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from p-mike. Show p-mike's posts

I miss the good old days when people were just "crazy." and everything didn't have to be a fancy-schmancy "disorder."

On the other hand, I think it's nice that some people can afford to have "disorders," while other people simply to go to prison for acting like this.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Mess That is Brandon Marshall :      Once again, you have shown yourself for the jerk that you are. All you ever do when you post here is to rip people. Who knows...maybe you have the same condition as Marshall. Please seek treatment.

Really, when did I change my name to TexasPat3?  Only 2 people I have ever had words with on here is you and Rusty.  You on the other hand start a post everyday ripping someone.

Funny how you completely ignored my post thou.  You did just copy and paste an article to rip a guy without even reading it.  Then when that fact is pointed out rather then admit it, you call someone a jerk.  If the JERK shoe fits wear it TexasPat3.  Oh and next time try reading the article you post first.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]I miss the good old days when people were just "crazy." and everything didn't have to be a fancy-schmancy "disorder." On the other hand, I think it's nice that some people can afford to have "disorders," while other people simply to go to prison for acting like this.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I hear what you're saying. But in the good ol' days, Alzheimer's was crazy, too. If you know someone with it (my mom has a severe case), you know that mental disorders are every bit as real as physical ones.

We all respect damage to an ACL or achilles tendon, but damage to the brain is far worse and deserves equal respect.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]I miss the good old days when people were just "crazy." and everything didn't have to be a fancy-schmancy "disorder." On the other hand, I think it's nice that some people can afford to have "disorders," while other people simply to go to prison for acting like this.
    Posted by p-mike[/QUOTE]

Great post, Mike. When one of the other posters above mentioned that Marshal had "BPD", I assumed that he meant bipolar disorder. I had no idea he was referring to "borderline personality disorder", which is an alleged mental disorder that I've never heard of before.

The symptoms of this alleged disorder are "difficulties with relationships and self image and controlling moods and emotions"...I kid you not.

Sorry...but practically all criminals have such problems, to varying degrees. But, the criminals aren't NFL stars who earn millions, and can afford to be "treated" at a high dollar clinic. It does make one wonder whether this "treatment" is just a sham being used by "team Marshall" in order to excuse his bad conduct, gain sympathy, and mitigate NFL disciplinary action. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsman3. Show Patsman3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Mess That is Brandon Marshall :      Great post, Mike. When one of the other posters above mentioned that Marshal had "BPD", I assumed that he meant bipolar disorder. I had no idea he was referring to "borderline personality disorder", which is an alleged mental disorder that I've never heard of before.        The symptoms of this alleged disorder are "difficulties with relationships and self image and controlling moods and emotions"...I kid you not.    Sorry...but practically all criminals have such problems, to varying degrees. But, the criminals aren't NFL stars who earn millions, and can afford to be "treated" at a high dollar clinic. It does make one wonder whether this "treatment" is just a sham being used by "team Marshall" in order to excuse his bad conduct, gain sympathy, and mitigate NFL disciplinary action. 

Again too bad you didn't read YOUR OWN POST (see below).  Maybe you will go and see the documentary so you can learn something about this "alleged" mental illness "you have never heard of" but have such strong opinions on.

In a South Florida Sun-Sentinel article published on July 30, 2011, it was revealed that Marshall was diagnosed with borderline personality disorder at Boston's McLean Hospitalafter his incident with Nogami-Campbell.[73] He is currently pursuing treatment for his mental illness and filming a documentary about his struggle.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

Marshall is a criminal, Cutler is a headcase

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from UD6. Show UD6's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Mess That is Brandon Marshall : Seriously you didn't know that????  The last paragraph of YOUR OWN POST mentions it.  So basically you just wanted to rip on the guy and didn't even read the article you copied?  Nice....
    Posted by Patsman3[/QUOTE]
    Welcome to the world of Texas Pat.  I believe he and Rusty are brothers.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Mess That is Brandon Marshall :      Great post, Mike. When one of the other posters above mentioned that Marshal had "BPD", I assumed that he meant bipolar disorder. I had no idea he was referring to "borderline personality disorder", which is an alleged mental disorder that I've never heard of before.        The symptoms of this alleged disorder are "difficulties with relationships and self image and controlling moods and emotions"...I kid you not.    Sorry...but practically all criminals have such problems, to varying degrees. But, the criminals aren't NFL stars who earn millions, and can afford to be "treated" at a high dollar clinic. It does make one wonder whether this "treatment" is just a sham being used by "team Marshall" in order to excuse his bad conduct, gain sympathy, and mitigate NFL disciplinary action. 

Well, you may think it's a great post, but mental illnesses are real, and, contrary to popular opinion (i.e., non-fact), they are not a "rich man's disease." My cousin is a retired social worker who handled cases in South Side Chicago for more than 25 years. As far as your comment on "practically all criminals have such problems," these illnesses turn up in boys as young as 8 years old, and are highly prevalent among those who are sexually molested. The overwhelming majority of these kids don't make it to the NFL, so you never hear of them. Some of them do indeed go on to criminal behavior, and some end up serving their country; I encountered many in the army. Most live quiet, desperate, anonymous and miserable lives.

It's unfortunate that mental illness still carries such a stigma in 2011. Most conditions are treatable, but many who suffer are afraid to confront their conditions for fear of being labeled "crazy" by the ignorant.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tanbass. Show tanbass's posts

Sorry...I don't buy this "disorder" crap for one second. I think this clown has a drug & alcohol problem mixed with serious anger issues. The "disorder" was probably some lawyer loophole that bought his way out of prison.

I find it hard to feel sorry for someone who had the world by the balls, all the $$ he ever wanted...and to go out and act like a criminal. He's a complete fool, and deserves what he gets...or what he loses. Fri&&en jerk!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

^^ now that is a great post.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fatsam72. Show fatsam72's posts

dangit tanbass!  (props intended for NY PATS FAN)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]Sorry...I don't buy this "disorder" crap for one second. I think this clown has a drug & alcohol problem mixed with serious anger issues. The "disorder" was probably some lawyer loophole that bought his way out of prison. I find it hard to feel sorry for someone who had the world by the balls, all the $$ he ever wanted...and to go out and act like a criminal. He's a complete fool, and deserves what he gets...or what he loses. Fri&&en jerk!!
    Posted by tanbass[/QUOTE]

He was diagnosed by McLean Hospital, but you don't buy it for a second...says more about you than him.

Got a little news for you...the brain is a physical structure, just like bones, muscles, tendons and everything else. When it suffers a trauma or a deficiency or imbalance of blood or hormones, it reacts negatively, just as other parts of the body react negatively to stress impacts. But unlike the knee or the ankle or the elbow, the brain is responsible for decision making, so when it suffers a trauma, the results can be far more volatile.

Seriously, it's not that hard to understand, if you want to. I pray you never have to deal with someone who has Alzheimer's or Asperger's or any other syndrome that wasn't "real" until a few years ago, when science began studying and caught up to what was happening inside the head. But, if and when you do, you'll have a different perspective.

Within the last year, I have had to commit my mother to a home; the hardest decision I have ever had to make. To see this dear, sweet, loving woman descend into a cursing, knife-throwing, glass-breaking shrew was eye-opening and heartbreaking. But when someone you hold dear to you goes through an ordeal like that, you seek to learn all you can; and it is only then that you will start to learn the truth about mental illness.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Mess That is Brandon Marshall : Well, you may think it's a great post, but mental illnesses are real, and, contrary to popular opinion (i.e., non-fact), they are not a "rich man's disease."

RESPONSE: Nobody here is saying that mental illnesses are not real. But, there are some who allege such illnesses for whenever it suits them.

My cousin is a retired social worker who handled cases in South Side Chicago for more than 25 years. As far as your comment on "practically all criminals have such problems," these illnesses turn up in boys as young as 8 years old, and are highly prevalent among those who are sexually molested.

RESPONSE: How does that negate my statement that practically all criminals have such problems? I didn't say that only criminals have such problems.

The overwhelming majority of these kids don't make it to the NFL, so you never hear of them. Some of them do indeed go on to criminal behavior, and some end up serving their country; I encountered many in the army. Most live quiet, desperate, anonymous and miserable lives.

No offense, NY-Pats. I understand your sensitivity. I too know of such people who have had to deal with the sad, unfortunate symptoms of mental illness. But, those whom I've known have been bipolar, or schizophrenic. But, "borderline personality disorder"?? Sorry...but I have my doubts. 

It's unfortunate that mental illness still carries such a stigma in 2011. Most conditions are treatable, but many who suffer are afraid to confront their conditions for fear of being labeled "crazy" by the ignorant.

RESPONSE: I find that most who aren't treated don't know themselves to have a problem...until their symptoms start to manifest themselves, or they start hurting or attempting to hurt themselves, or others. Those who wish to go to a therapist sometimes fear being labeled as "crazy". The new Obamacare makes it less likely that these people will seek help...because the government will have access to their medical records, and thus be able to invade the privacy of such individuals.

Where do we draw the line on taking responsibility for ones own actions? Should we always blame it on some type of personality disorder? Would you concede that at least some people use mental illness or alleged disorders to excuse themselves from the consequences of their bad acts?
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4[/QUOTE]

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Mess That is Brandon Marshall :

RESPONSE: Nobody here is saying that mental illnesses are not real. But, there are some who allege such illnesses for whenever it suits them.

But shouldn't we give the benefit of the doubt to those who are diagnosed and confirmed by the top pyschiatric hospitals in the country?

RESPONSE: How does that negate my statement that practically all criminals have such problems? I didn't say that only criminals have such problems.

I didn't negate your statement at all.

No offense, NY-Pats. I understand your sensitivity. I too know of such people who have had to deal with the sad, unfortunate symptoms of mental illness. But, those whom I've known have been bipolar, or schizophrenic. But, "borderline personality disorder"?? Sorry...but I have my doubts. 

And as I said earlier, we have only just begun to study mental illness. Surgery on animals goes as far back as Galen in ancient Rome; surgery on humans has been happening for more than 1,000 years. But the word Alzheimer's didn't even come into existence until 100 years ago, because medical science did not study the brain.

RESPONSE: I find that most who aren't treated don't know themselves to have a problem...until their symptoms start to manifest themselves, or they start hurting or attempting to hurt themselves, or others. Those who wish to go to a therapist sometimes fear being labeled as "crazy". The new Obamacare makes it less likely that these people will seek help...because the government will have access to their medical records, and thus be able to invade the privacy of such individuals.

Where do we draw the line on taking responsibility for ones own actions? Should we always blame it on some type of personality disorder? Would you concede that at least some people use mental illness or alleged disorders to excuse themselves from the consequences of their bad acts?

Of course, people must responsible for their acts. If Brandon Marshall commits a murder, he should go to prison, period.

But here's the thing: When an athlete who runs a 4.4 40-yard dash tears an  achilles tendon, we immediately understand that he's not going to run 4.4 again any time soon; further, we understand that he must then seek medical help for his injury.

But what if popping an achilles resulted in an athlete not eating for several days; or attempting suicide; or not being able to distinguish between ordinary actions like cutting the hedges from extraordinary actions like cutting his wife's face? Would we have the same medical understanding then?

It's easy to dispatch with terms like "borderline personality disorder" because they are so foreign to we laymen without chemical imbalances, just as torn anterior cruciate ligaments are foreign to most of us who are not athletes. But brain doctors are waay behind sports medicine doctors in the comprehensiveness of their knowledge, and there will be far more discoveries of brain illnesses over the next century than of all other illnesses in the history of medicine.

We should not dismiss things we do not understand, because when we do, we stigmatize those who really need help before they are alienated into violent sociopathy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from maxpowers034. Show maxpowers034's posts

Re: The Troubled Brandon Marshall??

He's still a greatt WR...lookslike he had a two year gap until the girlfriend jigged him...

60maxpowero..a really cool Patriots site...check it out 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Re: The Troubled Brandon Marshall??

Borderline personality disorder is a fancy way of saying A**hole

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

[QUOTE]1) My God, that's a long rap sheet. 2) Glad the Patriots passed on him, even though the talking heads here were salivating at the idea of getting Brandon Marshall. 3) Don't care for him as a player, never did, never will, but I hope he gets right mentally. Long life to live after football and I'd hate to see him become another casualty.
    Posted by apdynasty23[/QUOTE]

don't care for him as a player? My god man....do you remember the "josh mcdaniels" game in denver a few years ago? bc Marshall sharted all over our secondary for 2tds & 150yds maybe 10 grabs...

when he is right & has a qb he's THE MOST COMPLETE WR in the NFL...watch him block & crack back on LB's. He's a tough kid. a nutjob, but he is tough man!