The truth comes out: Pepper wanted away from BB!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

Re: The truth comes out: Pepper wanted away from BB!

If pepper wants to be a DC, Bb wasn't going to do that. 

I think the lbs have been playing pretty well, and he brought Collins along pretty well, but Bb doe have his hands in everything. i wish him well

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from MoreRings. Show MoreRings's posts

In response to TrueChamp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The truth comes out, babes hatred of BB goes far beyond his Gm work, as he shows with his shallow statement from above! Scar was retiring years ago but at the request of BB who in Scars words is the greatest coach he's ever been around, he stayed on.

Does anybody else see this guy for what he is, a very committed troll who literally hates BB and spends 17,000 posts trying to convince us of his ineptitude? I honestly do not believe he is a Patriots fan.

[/QUOTE]

Bingo!!!!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This doesn't surprise me anymore than BB wanting to get away from Parcells, or Mangini wanting to get away from BB.  When you exist in the shadow of greatness for years and don't feel you get your due, you move on.  Sometimes with temporary hard feelings, sometimes with mutual respect and well wishes, as is the case here. 

Pepper has wanted and felt he deserved more for years.  For whatever reason, BB felt his best fit was at linebacker coach.  So it was time for a change in hopes he could achieve more elsewhere. 

[/QUOTE]

very well said

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to pcmIV's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:

[QUOTE]

"I have always been a fan of Doug [Marrone] and the Buffalo Bills, and just getting the opportunity to spread my wings, and to get up from under the shadow of Coach Belichick."

Did Dante retire because of feeling fed up as well?

[/QUOTE]

Pepper left because BB made Patricia DC.  Pepper wants to make a  name for himself (hence the getting out of BB's shadow) and realized that wasn't happening in NE.

As for Coach Scar BB said he knew he was retiring at the end of this season for some time which is one reason why he was replaced so quickly.

I don't think I believe you when you say you think BB is the best coach in the NFL.

[/QUOTE]

Yes, but wouldn't it make sense to stay on here vs going to Buffalo?  Dude, Pepper was let go.

Why are people so enamored with Pepper Johnson anyway? He was good here, but BB wants to improve the role.

Maybe the LBs became to buddy/budddy with him?  

BB has a much better chance recommending Pepper as a DC than flippin' Marrone.

[/QUOTE]

Well I'll take acrack at that one....

Pepper johnson played the game for starters.    McD? Obrien?Scarnecchia? 

Um.... you kinda need some people with some cred.  with the perspective of what a player goes through.

the more years go by... the more belichick is shrinking into his own eccentric egomachine.   These coaches are a feeling the same crap that I am going thru as a fan ofthis team....  After a while it is like W tf is going on.  there is a disconnect.  Spikes gets put on IR against his own wishes?   W tf is up with that?

Either shift or retire with your accolades and accomplishments.    the failed crap is over.  People are bailing for good reason.   Hear the message that is being dilivered to you for your own benefit  loud and clear.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"I have always been a fan of Doug [Marrone] and the Buffalo Bills, and just getting the opportunity to spread my wings, and to get up from under the shadow of Coach Belichick."

Did Dante retire because of feeling fed up as well?

[/QUOTE]

You can't be this dumb?  My god.

Here's a fact that corroborates my contention that Pepper was let go:

Pepper's good friend Steve DeOssie confirmed that Pepper was not asked to return.

FACT

So, Pepper trying to spin himself up in Buffalo, akwardly so, is sad, and it's sad your low IQ believes Pepper wanted to move his family to crappy Buffalo for a lateral move and now chance at the playoffs.

[/QUOTE]

see Russ? As I have always told u the REAL reason Belluchick "resigned as the HC of the NYJ" was simply because he didn't want to follow Parcells and be judged by the lofty standards The Master set as well as continuing to be in Parcells shadow and be linked with him in the eyes of the public and his peers...at some point the student must leave the teacher

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

So, even if Peppers truly wanted to get away from BB after however many years and that's the only reason he left, so what? What's the takeaway, that BB is hard to work for? OK.

He's a taskmaster?

A tyrant? 

So what if he's any or all of the above? What's the point?

Are we supposed to be upset, to care one way or the other? Myself, I'm having a hard time getting worked up about any of it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from coolade2. Show coolade2's posts

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

So, even if Peppers truly wanted to get away from BB after however many years and that's the only reason he left, so what? What's the takeaway, that BB is hard to work for? OK.

He's a taskmaster?

A tyrant? 

Are we supposed to be upset, to care one way or the other? Myself, I'm having a hard time getting worked up about any of it.

[/QUOTE]

Heres the take away... By definition Belichick on his own is a loser.   It is about team and the more BB makes it about him he loses.   Like this year.   Great regular season...   Cut Spikes  . lose in playoffs with a sh1!t gameplan.   

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

[QUOTE]

So nice to be not reading worthless posts.

[/QUOTE]

LOL priceless. So says the man who claims BB only wants yes man to agree with him.

Keep surrounding yourself with your yes man Babe you Fraud.

Greatest lie ever told, that Babe thinks BB is a good coach.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Pepper must have wanted out because of the GM!

hahahahahahaha

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NOISE's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Just like Dan Pees and Capers a few years ago.  BB wants YES men down there and no one challenges him like they use to!   This is a problem down there, not a problem winning 11-13 games a year, but as far as winning the whole thing, absolutely.  

Add pepper to the list.  

[/QUOTE]

^ That sums it up rather well. Nice to see the truth here every now and then.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from seawolfxs. Show seawolfxs's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to coolade2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Muzwell's comment:
    [QUOTE]

He's a taskmaster?

A tyrant? 

[/QUOTE]

Heres the take away... By definition Belichick on his own is a loser.   It is about team and the more BB makes it about him he loses.   Like this year.   Great regular season...   Cut Spikes  . lose in playoffs with a sh1!t gameplan.   

[/QUOTE]

So, you think BB made all the Pats starters get hurt and not be available for the title game to make it about him come playoff time?

JUst how psychotic have you become since that loss? You have gone completely postal since then.

Seek the help you need.

I s

[/QUOTE]

I don't rember anyone saying after all the injuries that the pats were going to win the SB. Was nt everyone saying what a great job Bb was doing? And now he is a horrible GM and now a horrible coach. 

I am trying to understand the specious argument that BBs coaching and only wanting yes men, ican win 2-3 games but not playoff games

i guess losing mayo, VW, Kelly, Seabass, spikes Gronk and then Talib that by support coaching alone Bb should have won it all. Please all the naysayers here did you really expect to win The SB ? Really? Really.

we got beat because we were out physicalled. Then everything had to go right and they did not.

it wasn't the game plan, it wasn't one player, it wasn't the coaching.

next year will be the same herer, bad GM, bad coach , bad TB, we should have kept ww never got JA, we need a new SS, our recvers sux

i agree we need a bigger SS and that's it from that list.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Pepper said more:

"It was tough for him (and tough for) me to walk away but at the same token he knows the passion that I have for the game and I could not do that there with the Patriots,” Johnson professed. I needed to come out here and bring a Super Bowl championship to Buffalo.”

Control freak BB stifling a coach's passion? Unthinkable!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

No matter how much success you have, if you coach under a HOFer you are always going to lose some credit to their "genius." 

I take the "shadow" comment for what it traditionally means. Peppers wants to put his stamp on something. Unfortunately that will never happen here. Even Patricia will never be a valued commodity because everyone is going to credit the defensive schemes to BB solely.

It's kind of smart move. 

That said, I don't really feel a huge sense of loss about Peppers. I know BB has given him some praise, but in reality, I don't feel a sense of love for any of New England's positional coaches. 90% of coaching is coaching technique and how to read the opponent during the play. Outside of pure talent, preparation is all about that. 

I think Ivan Fears always gets the most from the RBs, and doesn't waste a second sitting one of them. But Josh Boyer, Chad O'shea, and Pepper Johnson I'm just not impressed with. It's their job to developed players, to get the players prepared, and I think they have mixed results the last half decade (Chad O'Shea is the worst).

I'm not really worried about Godsey. New England took that hit when Ferentz left for the NCAA. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:
    [QUOTE]

No matter how much success you have, if you coach under a HOFer you are always going to lose some credit to their "genius." 

I take the "shadow" comment for what it traditionally means. Peppers wants to put his stamp on something. Unfortunately that will never happen here. Even Patricia will never be a valued commodity because everyone is going to credit the defensive schemes to BB solely.

[/QUOTE]

The shadow certainly got a good gig for McD and Mangini.

But I don't know that the shadow comment and the remarks about his inability to exercise his passion for the game under BB simply state being overshadowed. You would think after 26 years and being friends Pepper could refrain from such comments if there was not a rift there.

It smacks of much more. Perhaps of being stifled. And that would fit BB's control freak persona. The list of people walking away and not looking back is getting longer.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

I swear babe is underdog in an elaborate and in depth scheme to troll the board. What exactly is his point? He thinks awfully little of "the greatest coach in the history of the game". I mean, "control freak"??? 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

...But I don't know that the shadow comment and the remarks about his inability to exercise his passion for the game under BB simply state being overshadowed. You would think after 26 years and being friends Pepper could refrain from such comments if there was not a rift there.

It smacks of much more. Perhaps of being stifled. And that would fit BB's control freak persona. The list of people walking away and not looking back is getting longer.

Back to my question: So what? If it's all true, why should I as a Pats fan care? The HC is a control freak, that's a revelation? You realize there have been books written about that?

He's a disciple of Paul Brown. He learned from Bill Parcells. He likely admired Vince Lombardi. Bill Walsh too. He's from a long line of control freaks. 

It's unbelievable how some can make an assistant coach leaving some sort of indictment of the most successful coach of the last twenty years. But whatever, have at it fellas. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

What part of "you're on ignore" are you guys not grasping?

I don't care what you have to say and I'm not answering your questions. You provide nothing of interest to me.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Muzwell. Show Muzwell's posts

[QUOTE]

What part of "you're on ignore" are you guys not grasping?

I don't care what you have to say and I'm not answering your questions. You provide nothing of interest to me.

[/QUOTE]

If we're all on ignore, how do you know that anybody's asking you anything?

I think BB had Pepper on ignore?

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts