The truth comes out: Pepper wanted away from BB!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

Re: The truth comes out: Pepper wanted away from BB!

In response to dreighver's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to BabeParilli's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to agill1970's comment:
    [QUOTE]

This doesn't surprise me anymore than BB wanting to get away from Parcells, or Mangini wanting to get away from BB.

[/QUOTE]

Stow the spin.

BB and Mangini left for PROMOTIONS!

Pepper did not have to say he wanted away from BB.

If you're going to be dishonest, I have to ignore you.

[/QUOTE]

How was the poster dishonest? 

[/QUOTE]

Because he claimed Pepper making a lateral move was the same as two guys who left because they were offered big bucks HC jobs.

You consider that being honest?

[/QUOTE]

He didn't claim that they were the same thing. He raised som SIMILAR comparisons. Nothing wrong with that. 

[/QUOTE]

"This doesn't surprise me anymore than BB wanting to get away from Parcells, or Mangini wanting to get away from BB."

There is nothing "similar" about those situations. Going from LB coach to LB coach is nothing whatsoever like landing a coveted HC job in the NFL.

Looks like you have about the same level of honesty as they guy you're covering for.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

The lying homers check in by the bushel basket and can't even admit to what the man himself says flat out. So f'n pathetic. No wonder the rest of the NFL fans hate us.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from phatcatvirginbuttbuster45. Show phatcatvirginbuttbuster45's posts

In response to bustchiseloveskrapper45's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

"I have always been a fan of Doug [Marrone] and the Buffalo Bills, and just getting the opportunity to spread my wings, and to get up from under the shadow of Coach Belichick."

Did Dante retire because of feeling fed up as well?

He was probably fed up with loser old goat psuedo fans like you snake church dude!

[/QUOTE]

How many times you been banned now loser? Ignored.

[/QUOTE]

You'll never keep me out you old pederast...never!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BWAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Breaking news...Belichick caught spitting on the side walk in Nantucket. Issued a citation. Babe happier then a pig in sith.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Low-FB-IQ. Show Low-FB-IQ's posts

I have a better question that some of you may know the answer to.

Was Pepper Johnson ever officially offered a DC job from any other team while with the Patriots that he turned down?

Pepper was an assistant positional coach or better for multiple positions with the Patriots coaching staff since 2000 wasn't he?

How many times was he officially offerend and turned down a DC job?

He was passed over by BB himself and it does not seem like other teams have been hot and heavy with offers to be their DC all these years but I can easily be wrong on that as I don't know.

13 seasons, passed over by your own long time boss and friend. People you worked with in Mangini, McDaniels, Romeo, Charlie, Bill Obrien, etc have not seemed to come calling hard for you to run their defenses for them? Again I don't know, they might have.

To me, though, that does not speak super loudly about Peppers qualities as an effective organizational leader and coordinator?

Some guys can be great coaches but not right for being a coordinator. Some guys can be great coordinators but are not right for being a head coach. Being good at one does not mean or guarantee being suited for the other.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from phatcatvirginbuttbuster45. Show phatcatvirginbuttbuster45's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I love how Babe gets completely exposed on his own troll thread and then runs around scrambling in denial he did.

lmao

[/QUOTE]

EXPOSED?..I KNEW HE WAS A PEDERAST!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Another day another attack BB thread from the biggest fake Pats fan on this board.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I think Pepper realized he hit the ceiling here and was not going to rise in the ranks any higher...or he would have by now. So he did what you do...you move on.

He really wanted the DC job but BB went in another direction.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think Pepper realized he hit the ceiling here and was not going to rise in the ranks any higher...or he would have by now. So he did what you do...you move on.

[/QUOTE]

Something that happens all the time in coaching staffs. Strictly a career move. Don't tell babe though because even if he gets a flat it's all Bill's fault. Anything to defect from his love interest.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I just think Pepper must not be that good of a coach - honestly I couldn't believe he commented on about wanting to be a defensive coordinator when here he is talking to the media for the first time about his new coaching job in Buffalo. I think Belichick probably kept him around as a favor - which obviously was a mistake by the way our defense performed while he was here - I don't think we'll be seeing Pepper as a coordinator anytime soon. And I wouldn't be surprised if he is quietly let go by the Bills this time next year.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

So nice to be not reading worthless posts.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to NoMorePensionLooting's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

That doesn't explain why he stated he was glad to be out from under BB. He could have said many other things and not pointed a finger at BB.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to mthurl's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I just think Pepper must not be that good of a coach - honestly I couldn't believe he commented on about wanting to be a defensive coordinator when here he is talking to the media for the first time about his new coaching job in Buffalo. I think Belichick probably kept him around as a favor - which obviously was a mistake by the way our defense performed while he was here - I don't think we'll be seeing Pepper as a coordinator anytime soon. And I wouldn't be surprised if he is quietly let go by the Bills this time next year.

[/QUOTE]

BB kept him for 13 years. The genius was keeping a bad coach for 13 years?

It's not like BB has been giving him great stuff to work with lately anyway.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from dreighver. Show dreighver's posts

Babe, if you're looking for a reason that BB kept Pepper around for so long, and now may be moving on, can easily be explained by a change in schematics. Not to say this is the case, but it's quite possible.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from cyncalpatfan. Show cyncalpatfan's posts

[QUOTE]

"I have always been a fan of Doug [Marrone] and the Buffalo Bills, and just getting the opportunity to spread my wings, and to get up from under the shadow of Coach Belichick."

Did Dante retire because of feeling fed up as well?

[/QUOTE]

Based on that comment, I'm not sure where you get this notion that he "wanted away from BB", or that he was "feeling fed up".  He knows that there is no upward motion in his future, if he stays here.  And the fact is, BB does cast a long shadow.  I will guess that he feels that he has learned all that he can here and has come to the conclusion that it is time to move on.  Good for him that he has bigger ambitions!

As for Scar, well, I think it is safe to assume that he decided it was better to retire now, while he still has some years to enjoy.  The man has worked in the NFl for a lifetime.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

[QUOTE]

Babe, if you're looking for a reason that BB kept Pepper around for so long, and now may be moving on, can easily be explained by a change in schematics. Not to say this is the case, but it's quite possible.

[/QUOTE]

I wasn't looking for that. I was just telling mthurl that it seems unlikely BB would keep a bad coach for 13 years..... oh wait.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Just like Dan Pees and Capers a few years ago.  BB wants YES men down there and no one challenges him like they use to!   This is a problem down there, not a problem winning 11-13 games a year, but as far as winning the whole thing, absolutely.  

Add pepper to the list.