THE TRUTH IS, PATS FANS ARE SCARED

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

Re: THE TRUTH IS, PATS FANS ARE SCARED

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:
    [QUOTE]A few thoughts from a loyal Pats fan ... Hello to all you Bronco fans. I wanted to share a few thoughts over here on your board. It's funny because I read the posts on the PatsFan forum boards and think, 'wow, the Pats have a shot!'. Then I come over here and get depressed. Because the reality is, the Broncos are 5.5 point favorites at home.

The odds say that Denver wins this game close to 70 percent of the time. And as a loyal Pats fan, I have to agree with that. If they play this game ten times, the Broncos win 7 of them. That sounds about right to me.

And the reasons are because of matchups. All of us can talk about stats and what happened in xyz game in week 10 or 12 or whatever. What matters is who is on the field THIS game, and how do those players match up given the different schemes the coaching staffs will employ. And then lastly, and importantly, which of those players, given the match ups, rises to the occasion and makes the key plays at the key times (What I guess we all call Execution).

The matchups say that the Pats are in trouble. The Broncos defensive weakness, particularly given Harris's injury, is in the passing game. Pats offensive weakness, passing game. 

Broncos offensive weakness ... umm
    Pats D weakness, run D. They can stack box and solve that, but of course can't against Peyton et al.

So ... What gives a Pats fan like me any hope that this game could be one of the 3 the odds makers say we will win ...

This team has a unique ability to rise to the occasion in difficult situations. The Cleveland game down 12 w less than 3 minutes left. The New Orleans game with a TD as time runs out. Even some of their losses. The Carolina game when they march down the field against a very good defense and have a chance to win at the end (same with Dolphin loss). 

And I know Bronco fans don't want to say so, but Belichick is one of the greatest game planners of all time. I believe Peyton said as much this week.

They key for the Pats will be red zone defense. Can they turn several of Denver's scoring drives into field goals instead of touchdowns.

At the end of the day, paper says Broncos win 34-27.

I say it's one of those 3 and somehow, some way, Pats scratch it out 31-27.

It hopefully will be a game for the ages and I wish all you guys a safe and enjoyable Sunday. I mean, really, what more can we ask for as fans? It doesn't get any better than this.[/QUOTE]

Don't really know who wrote this.  Probably you.  But yeah, I'm really shaking. LMAO

Bottom line is that the Pats have been Underdogs before.  Actually I like it that way.

And too bad for Bronco Fans that they don't play the Game on Paper.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from mbeaulieu07. Show mbeaulieu07's posts

It's OK, mom's letting me sleep with a nightlight on, so I won't have to be scared anymore.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

What a tool you are PaPa.. you are so scared the Pats WILL WIN, you have to stay here and drudge up all kinds of things to indicate the Pats will lose.  The more you post, the more you are thinking the Pats are going to win and you just can't keep those thoughts in your head.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from carawaydj. Show carawaydj's posts

I'm a little surprised that Denver fans can actually turn a computer on and use the Internet.  Of course, some of these trolls are just characters created by board regulars for amusement.  I wish I could remember the name of the poster who would frequently create fake trolls prior to games?  I guess money is tight and times are hard.  Not everyone can afford real entertainment.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from ThefourBs. Show ThefourBs's posts

In response to carawaydj's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm a little surprised that Denver fans can actually turn a computer on and use the Internet.  Of course, some of these trolls are just characters created by board regulars for amusement.  I wish I could remember the name of the poster who would frequently create fake trolls prior to games?  I guess money is tight and times are hard.  Not everyone can afford real entertainment.

[/QUOTE]

He's an Indy troll.

But, the Colts are so pathetic, he had to follow his pinky to Denver.

A loyal fan to the end. lol

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jaxpat. Show jaxpat's posts

What ru u talking about.....the Pats r playing with house money right now.  Everyone thinks the Pats are going to loose......I don't think the Pats should even show up

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Pats are underdogs again PJ.........as long as the fix isn't in...all the pressure is on the Denver D and thei Denver offfensive receivers (Manning will be Manning, but go ballistic if they start dropping balls).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Teeth.

That's how we win this game. Teeth. In the redzone Manning will catch the glare off Elway's chompers and throw a pick, of course that doesn't explain why he is prone to do that in past playoff experiences, but in this one it's just teeth. Teeth.

Come to thinnk of it you can blame a lot of things on Elway's teeth...Shanahan's leather appearance, Davis's migraines, Shannon Sharpe's speach impediment (ok I made that one up).

I bwink the bwoncos loose betwauze of Bwellway's teeth-- Shannon Sharpe

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

PJ or Leon.....Pats are not favorites....if they lose it won't be something unexpected...but if Denver loses it will be Manning's ultimate choke!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

The truth is I don't know which is worse... trolls or those who justify their existence by responding to them.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to PapaJohn18's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Iceman4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

PJ or Leon.....Pats are not favorites....if they lose it won't be something unexpected...but if Denver loses it will be Manning's ultimate choke!

[/QUOTE]

haha... What a pickle smoocher

The Patriots are only favored in Vegas so they are not the underdogs.  I have ESPN too and I can see who is picking who. Almost everyone on every sports channel is picking the Patsies. When they lose it will be an ultimate choke by Brady as well. 

Just deal with it. Laughing

[/QUOTE]

anybody notice Leon has been silent since PJ showed up?

So much pressure on Denver PJ.......panic time!!Cool

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Its usually the trolls that hang out on the other teams message board that are scared but hey, I'll play along. With a 30 % percent chance of winning?  I'll take that every day.

All we need is a chance. You guys on the other hand.... you need the refs, Altitude, Home crowd, media, etc. Good Luck!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from seattlepat70. Show seattlepat70's posts

Of all the playoff games the Pats have played recently, I am most confident about this. Another way of looking at it is I would be concerned about SEA or SFF... not DEN

DEN's D - pass or run - is not good. Pats can hurt them on the ground or in the air. The Pats will be able to score.

DEN's pass D is crippled. The secondary is old and slow. Without Von Miller, the pass rush is not as good. If they focus on the run, TB will carve them out. Each of the NEP receivers can catch a long pass or catch a dink for big YAC.

DEN's run D stats are inflated. DEN D did well against teams who were good at running but bad at passing. Against these teams, who thought they could just control the game by running the ball, DEN defended against the run early. By half time or end of the 3rd, DEN already had a big lead. These teams had to abandon the run. These teams saw their YPC's drop and were forced to throw more in teh second half than they do normally.

Their losses were to three teams who can pass the ball - IND, NEP and SDC. These teams each ran the ball 30+ times. DEN was able to reduce these teams' YPC by 8%, vs 16% against the rest of their opponents.

I can see the Pats passing to set up the run. Pats will test the DEN pass D early, then switch to better balance midway through the first quarter.

On the flip side, NEP's D will do a better job than thier last meeting.

Siliga had not emerged yet back then. Collins is much better than he was back on the last meeting.

NEP will score more than on their last meeting. DEN will score less. I am actually thinking the NEP will blow out DEN on this one.

Pats will win by a score of roughly 44-20.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to seattlepat70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Of all the playoff games the Pats have played recently, I am most confident about this. Another way of looking at it is I would be concerned about SEA or SFF... not DEN

DEN's D - pass or run - is not good. Pats can hurt them on the ground or in the air. The Pats will be able to score.

DEN's pass D is crippled. The secondary is old and slow. Without Von Miller, the pass rush is not as good. If they focus on the run, TB will carve them out. Each of the NEP receivers can catch a long pass or catch a dink for big YAC.

DEN's run D stats are inflated. DEN D did well against teams who were good at running but bad at passing. Against these teams, who thought they could just control the game by running the ball, DEN defended against the run early. By half time or end of the 3rd, DEN already had a big lead. These teams had to abandon the run. These teams saw their YPC's drop and were forced to throw more in teh second half than they do normally.

Their losses were to three teams who can pass the ball - IND, NEP and SDC. These teams each ran the ball 30+ times. DEN was able to reduce these teams' YPC by 8%, vs 16% against the rest of their opponents.

I can see the Pats passing to set up the run. Pats will test the DEN pass D early, then switch to better balance midway through the first quarter.

On the flip side, NEP's D will do a better job than thier last meeting.

Siliga had not emerged yet back then. Collins is much better than he was back on the last meeting.

NEP will score more than on their last meeting. DEN will score less. I am actually thinking the NEP will blow out DEN on this one.

Pats will win by a score of roughly 44-20.

[/QUOTE]

I would love it if you were right!!......even close. Nice breakdown.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

Always scared when the Pats play because I want them to win every game, but I'm going to be proud of these boys win or lose.

They'll be back next year and better than ever. 

Sections
Shortcuts