The Underrated Kyle Arrington

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsLifer. Show PatsLifer's posts

Re: The Underrated Kyle Arrington

Good slot corner. Great tackler. Good st player. Lousy on the outside. 

That sums up what I think of Arrington. I am glad we have him if we have 2 healthy and willing  CBs on the outside in dennard, Talib/Ryan.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

The Ravens win was nice but perspective is better. Let's realize that Flacco looked terrible and his knee injury was affecting his play and move on to Buffalo.

Arrington does well in nickel/dime situations but gets torched every time he gets out in space. The record on this is clear, he's a piece to the puzzle but a Dennard or Talib he ain't and will never be.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from CatfishHunter. Show CatfishHunter's posts

Arrington did not "take Cruz out of SB46".  They doubled Cruz and that opened the field up for everyone else.   And then there's that TD that Cruz scored.

Arrington cannot guard outside the numbers at all without help.  He doesn't have the speed to stay with slot guys headed outside/deep either.  The Pats overpaid for his services and BB will no doubt rectify this mistake in the future.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

Yep I will give you that. You have always supported him....Wait are there any DBs you havent fully endorsed? So yea you got one right...lol

I like Kyle, I really do.  Its just some people feel he should be able to atleast survive outside when you consider he is almost making the same as Talib this year. This is why BB has him playing DE, blitzing, taking on tackles,etc so BB can get his investment back. I would much rather see him blitzing or even playing linebacker or DE than playing outside which is crazy but hey! He is our guy. He still has a ways to go to be Ellis Hobbs who also battled through Groin, Rib and A tore labrum in 07, could play outside or inside and started in the SB and covered the best WR outside until Peas left em' on an island at the end of the game. Battling through injuries..? Its what I expect from millionaire football players. So yes he is valued here and DID help in the ravens win but he has a ways to go to surpass the great Ellis Hobbs!....who oh by the way was an excellent special teamer as well returning kickoffs to the house from 8 yards deep..

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

I like Kyle as well...however his history outside, in space, is notorious. He gets swallowed up, he actually looks uncomfortable out there.

Watch the true corners, Talib and Dennard, and how fluid they can run and turn with receivers without losing coverage with them. Arrington half the time breaks the wrong way.

The kid Ryan has good flow with receivers and can turn and still hold tight coverage.

Of course there is a spot for Kyle here and it's situation spots, and nothing wrong with that.

Again, lets not get drunk with the Raven win, bank it, but keep it real.

Think of the Bengals game...we knew the Pats were not that bad and we are being sucked in to thinking we could dope slap the Ravens if we played them in a few weeks.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from tcal2-. Show tcal2-'s posts

Another dumb thread

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from 49Patriots. Show 49Patriots's posts

The only thing Arrington is underrated at is on the discussion of worst seconday player in the NFL. His name isn't mentioned as much as it should be.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

At $2.6 million against the cap this year, Arrington seems like a good buy.  His total cost over four years is $16 million, which is well below what top corners are making and probably in line with his skill and contribution as a nickel back and top quality special teamer. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

Who cares what you think kraper? Who...bwahahaha!...only the Rusty contrarians and the silly sons of BUST-CHISE adhere to your nonsense... go have a good cry

Arrington is playing well at the slot corner...so-so as a regular or outside CB...better the anyone playing for the NY Jets, the most futile franchise in the NFL today  :)

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

I stand corrected. I read Pro's reply and went and checked, and Pro is correct. I am mistaken. I thought Arrington was on the books for $4M this year,Pro is correct it is $2.6. Much easier to swallow based on Arringtons ability. I see Arrington as the 4th CB on the roster as far as talent. Nice position for the PAts to ne in finally at CB

His contract does average $4 million per year, so they'll evenutally have a higher cap cost for him, but the cap cost this year is only 2.625, rising to 3.625 next year.  In year three it goes up to 4.625 and in year four it is 5.125.  Over the first two years, the deal doesn't seem so bad from a cap perspective.  It might start looking more expensive in year three, unless the market for corners goes up or Arrington improves.  Top corners two or three seasons from now are likely to be earning 6 or 7 million per year, I guess, so I'm thinking 5.125 million in 2016 may still not be too bad a cap hit for Arrington. 

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from melswitts. Show melswitts's posts

In response to DeadAhead's comment:

In response to rkarp's comment:

I stand corrected. I read Pro's reply and went and checked, and Pro is correct. I am mistaken. I thought Arrington was on the books for $4M this year,Pro is correct it is $2.6. Much easier to swallow based on Arringtons ability. I see Arrington as the 4th CB on the roster as far as talent. Nice position for the PAts to ne in finally at CB

Muzwell and others, including me, have pointed out how incorrect you are on his contract and Amendola's, NUMEROUS times.

It's not just Prolate right now.

Try learning from others for once and admitting when you're wrong. It won't hurt you.

Arrington might be the 4th best in overall talent, but he's the best at the slot positon, one of the best in the league at the role, a VERY IMPORTANT role in this era.

You want an overpaid slot guy, take a look at your buddy Leodis McKelvin, a top 10 draft bust whose contract is worse. Brady will be seeing him on Sunday with Edelman and Amendola in and out of the slot all day long.   I hope you enjoy, RKarp.

We seem to have a lot of anti-BB media induced know it alls in here, but when you peel back the layers and get to the heart of the matter, you come off as trolls or morons. Take your pick.

I say they are both.....lacking football knowledge and with a purposeful axe to grind...yet also lacking the courage to be honest about it...why hide? Fear is at the core of it all...be honest about you likes and dislikes of the Pats...it'll let you sleep better at night

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts