The Vernon Gholston thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Re: The Vernon Gholston thread

HEY! you spelled my name right this time good for you, and don't you know betting is illegal....I should rat you out like NYC punk....that's redundant isn't it.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from WeDerrWEDAT. Show WeDerrWEDAT's posts

get help or get educated.  I hope you can do better than you are doing here.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sfpat. Show sfpat's posts

In Response to Re: The Vernon Gholston thread:
    [QUOTE]Do you have anyone still on your team from the 2008 draft besides mayo?  He aint all world either...  Usually takes 3-4 years to evaluate a draft so I went ahead and posted your draft from 3-5 years ago.  You can rate your draft master yourself. 2008 1.10 LB   Jerod Mayo  Tennessee  from NO 2.31 DB   Terrence Wheatley  Colorado    3.15 LB   Shawn Crable  Michigan  from NO 3.31 QB   Kevin O'Connell  San Diego State    4.30 DB   Jonathan Wilhite  Auburn    5.18 WR   Matt Slater  UCLA  from TB 6.31 LB   Bo Ruud  Nebraska      2007 1.24 DB   Brandon Meriweather  Miami  from SEA 4.28 DL   Kareem Brown  Miami    5.34 OL  Clint Oldenburg  Colorado State  compensatory pick 6.06 LB   Justin Rogers  Southern Methodist  from ARI 6.28 DB   Mike Richardson  Notre Dame    6.34 RB   Justise Hairston  Central Connecticut  compensatory pick 6.35 OL  Corey Hilliard  Oklahoma State  compensatory pick 7.01 LB   Oscar Lua  Southern California  from OAK 7.37 OL  Mike Elgin  Iowa  compensatory pick   2006 1.21 RB   Laurence Maroney  Minnesota    2.04 WR   Chad Jackson  Florida  from GB; trade 2006 2.20, 3.11 3.22 TE   David Thomas  Texas    4.09 TE   Garrett Mills  Tulsa  from DET 4.21 K   Stephen Gostkowski  Memphis    5.03 OL  Ryan O'Callaghan  California  from OAK 6.22 DL   Jeremy Mincey  Florida    6.36 OL  Dan Stevenson  Notre Dame  compensatory pick 6.37 DL   Le Kevin Smith  Nebraska  compensatory pick 7.21 DB   Willie Andrews  Baylor   
    Posted by WeDerrWEDAT[/QUOTE]

Let's see if we can explain this so a Jets fan can understand. 

2006 - Patriots have Super Bowl caliber, veteran roster with few open roster spots.   Five of the top six picks are still in the league (I don't think Jackson is on a roster at this moment)  as well as Smith with Maroney, Thomas, Gostkowski and O'Callaghan all contributing for the Pats at some point.  Only "bust" would be Jackson.  Grade - B
    2007 - Again, veteran roster with few, if any, open roster spots.  1st round pick makes team and plays at a near pro-bowl level.  Remainder of picks are late 4th round and later with little chance of making Super Bowl caliber roster.  Oh, and we trade picks for Welker and Moss.  Grade - A
    2008 - Veteran, Super Bowl quality roster -  1st pick DROY, little if any room on bottom of roster for remaining picks though 4 of 6 are still in league in some fashion (I've lost track of O'Connell).  Late 2nd round pick  and third round picks show flashes but were slowed by injuries. The Pats could have made a better 2nd pick (can argue Wheatly was a stretch but he was probably the best CB left on the board) - Grade B

In summary, while the draft is a crap shoot, from 2006-2008, the Pats made one "bad" pick (Jackson), one questionable pick (Wheatly) and possibly a second questionable pick (O'Connell).  I can't fault the lack of lower round picks making the team as the Pats were loaded during this time.  I'm sure the Jets would like to have the Pats level of success.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_3928595. Show user_3928595's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Vernon Gholston thread : Looks like you are the stupid one.  I posted 3 fail drafts, not 2.  What draft genius goes 3 straight fail drafts. 

I wouldnt call the 2007 draft a failure when you factor in Randy Moss and Wes Welker.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Vernon Gholston thread : Bwa ha ha ha ha.  You are such an idiot.  WHy are you so concerned that the Jets traded up from #35 to #30 to draft Keller?  I've explained this to you before.  They didn't lose any picks to do it.  It was like a free leap.  Much like moving up for Sanchez when they gave up 3 role players that meant little to the Jets, but a lot to Mangini rebuilding the Browns so they could spank the patsies.  Yep, more of the run game BS.  You are a complete tool.  50% run, 50 % pass. Is that what is saving Sanchez? Or is it his ability to win games late? He's 7-2 in year 2 and made the AFC championship in his rookie year.  That is all you need to know.  QBs are judged by their W-L. You may be forgetting a few players not named Revis or Harris. You may recall that the great Oline they have has the best center in football on it and a top 3 tackle. Although you love to say Brick was only good last year because of Faneca, looks like he'll be in another probowl this year, hey where's Faneca
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

I am not concerned. I am making fun of it and YOU.  You really this off upstairs, are ya?

It appears so.

They traded up 5 slots, tossed another draft pick away for a guy they could have gotten at 35.

You just can't make it up.  Only the Jets would do that.

I can just see Tannenrube and Manboobs convincing themselves they had to  have Keller in the draft room, each convincing each other they know what they are doing. lol

It's not like Keller is the next Gonzalez or Gates here.

This is where you start to look like an absolute idiot. I just explained what NE didwhen addressing the TE position to show the difference in logic and context.

Considering how hard it is to put together back to back seasons where you can make a legit SB run in this league, tossing picks and overpaying for free agents is not a good recipe.

Show me a team who has done what the Jets are doing where it worked.

You Jets fans are hilarious .  Because Ferguson doesn't embarrass himself for once, he's going to a Pro Bowl.  What does Matt Light do?  Not go to a Pro Bowl?

NE's offense is ranked #1 in points scored and he protects the best QB in the business.

You think because a player has sa Jets uni on, that means they are the best.

This is what SOME NYers do and it's the most obnoxious display I have ever seen in the sports world for fans, anywhere in this country. OBNOXIOUS.

Find a hole, a boyfriend or just a Mark Sanchez doll and get it over with already.

And then seek help.

Good luck.

Sincerely,

Pats Fans

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

WeeWee do you remember Joe Namath?  He's the drunk ...I mean face of your franchise and that's the best your pitiful team can claim PPPFTLOL.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R3S1N20. Show R3S1N20's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Vernon Gholston thread : Clearly you have a lovefest with Mayo.  He's a pretty good player, not in the same class as Harris of course.   If he was, the pastsies D would be better than it is.  You know, somewhere along the lines of how good the Jets D is (currently number 3).  He'd better be pretty good, though because that 2008 pick was followed up with Wheatley, Crable, Oconnell and Wilhite. Ouch. Serious question.. any of those guys still playing football? You love to post draft positions, Harris 47th, Mayo 10th. I guess Mayo should be a lot better than he is.

hey phat rex consider this david harris and bart scott combined have 110 combined tackles this year, jerod may by himself combined tackles 105. let that boggle your pee brain mind .

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

I am sooo sorry to forget that the Sancheese was a big 2009 draft pick, the fifth overall selection.  I think his offense is forgetable too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

And the jeties have done so well they've won.....................one super bowl before you were born.

Phaty repeat along with WeeWee.

Wee r sofa king stew ped

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

No the Jets trade 4 players for one. Something that a guy with more Super Bowl rings than Rex Ryan or Tananbaum would never do. Having more picks increases the odds of landing a good solid starter. Without more picks we don't have Brady, Koppen or Light. You do understand that our system via the results is far better than yours ?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

From ProFootballFocus.com,

New York Jets — Four is the magic number for Kyle Wilson. Four defensive stops, four quarterback pressures and four pass breakups.

The New York Jets parade of first rounders never ends.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from patriots44. Show patriots44's posts

In Response to The Vernon Gholston thread:
    [QUOTE]I will post a weekly update on this guy. He was taken higher than Mayo in the draft. Gholston has 5 tackles total this season... 5 tackles?  Mayo has 5 tackles falling down. Sooo glad this guy is a jet. Vernon Gholston | #50 | DE New York Jets  |  Official Team Site   Height: 6-3   Weight: 260   Age: 24 Born: 6/5/1986 Detroit , MI College: Ohio State Experience: 3rd season High School: Cass Tech HS [Detroit, MI] team rosters quick stats (2010) TCKL 5 SCK 0.0 FF 0 INT --  
    Posted by harleyroadking1[/QUOTE]I believe the 07 Draft also brought Welker and Moss. They were not very good though!!! Dooosh

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from SShoreLurker. Show SShoreLurker's posts

BBReigns: unemployed troll searcher.  At least thats what he put on his job qualification list. 

Precious, buddy. And i'm positive you can't see me. too scared.Surprised

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

In a fairer comparison rookie DE Brandon Deadrick has 10 tackles and 2 sacks as 7th round pick. Vernon added to his total he is now up to 6 tackles 0 sacks.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from harleyroadking1. Show harleyroadking1's posts

Ahh I'm comparing Gholston a very high first rounder to Deadrick a 7th rounder. I could care less what the 2010 draft brought your team or what Moss did for us. Gholston is a Big Big BUST! and Dreadrick is a good part of the Pats D-line rotation.

Keep changing the topic WeeWee if makes you feel better....the only team the jets beat with a winning record is the Pats in week 2.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Paul_K. Show Paul_K's posts

Added Deion Branch: "I guess thanks to the Jets, they let [Woodhead] go that easy."--Postgame press conference, 11/21/10

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

If the Jets system works why haven't they been to the Super Bowl in aeons ?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Gholston is the biggest 1st rd bust of the '00s.  He's only on the roster because Tannenrube is deluded and has to defend his choice.

The production they gave gotten from him for 3 years now and the millions paid out.

It's just embarrassing for them.

The irony is, NE baited the Jets into taking Gholston. lol!!

Note how Phat Rex hasn't been here in weeks due to the Jets inept play at times, and their sheer luck for a month.

This on the heels of a shutout at home to GB off a Bye.

Welcome back, Fatty!

PS Keeping Joe McKnight who is now possibly looking to replace Shrimpy Wilson (another 1st rd BUST) over Danny Woodhead is the botch job of the year for Tannenboob.

Enjoy!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Vernon Gholston thread : You really have a problem with trading DE Kenyon Coleman, QB Brett Ratliff and DB Abram Elam to move from 17th to 5?  Can you say rookie QB to the AFC Championship game?  Who's kidding who here?  BB stockpiled picks because he needed them.  That team was falling apart after the 2007 Superbowl choke.  The Jets, on the other hand, needed to fill just a few holes, QB being one.  They target the player they want and go after them.  They have moved around for many players, Sanchez, Greene, Keller, Revis, all smart moves and well worth what they paid to do so.  Just because BB needs 10 picks to get 1 starter, 3 backups 4 cuts and 2 practice squad guys, that is no reason to emulate his methods.  His success is based upon signing some decent FA (along with many bad ones) and the very lucky pick of Tom Brady, not to mention the Jets knocking out Drew.  Just as easily, some team could have taken Brady in the round before and then we have a repeat of BB's Cleveland days. 

Can you say Indy and Cincy laid down to allow NY into the playoffs last year?

Like you said, who IS kidding who here?

You are the most deluded fanbase for a reason you just don't know it yet, strangely enough.

We'll be here to remind you, if you actually show up.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Vernon Gholston thread : 2010 draft brought us Holmes and Edwards, DOOOOSH. Moss doesnt even play for you anymore, how many titles did he bring you?
    And both will be free agents after the season and will demand top dollar contracts. There's no way the Jets keep both of them and retain any depth on that team. The Pats at least had Moss for a few good years and still have Welker. How many titles have Holmes and Edwards won for the Jets? Exactly, it's 0. They might win a championship this year and they might not. It seems as if you're already crowning the Jets Superbowl champs before any team has even clinched a playoff birth.

The Jets are built for this year only and will lose a couple of their key players in the offseason. From what I have seen, they have 18 upcoming free agents and a good portion of them are starters. They already have a ton of money wrapped up in Mangold, Revis, and Sanchez. The Jets already lack depth and Vernon Gholston sucking up money and space on the roster isn't helping.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

They don't get it.  In their mind, they automatically think Holmes will be resigned and the Jets will match or beat any FA offer.

The 5th rd pick only pays off if:

1. NY wins the SB.
    2. Holmes resigns.

Obviously, neither are gimmes.

I bet they let Edwards walk and throw the farm at Holmes, which is great for Pats fans.

I welcome teams overpaying.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

The team has its core locked up? The Jets core is three players? What happens if one gets hurt? The Jets have very little depth and wouldn't be able to fill in any of those spots if one of the players were to get hurt. Most of the big name guys on the team are free agents this year, and there are also a decent amount next year (LT). You can't expect them to sign all of these guys. They already lack depth and losing a few of these big name guys is going to kill the team. Sure, they're good this year. I'll give you that, but they aren't built for a dynasty.