The Vernon Gholston thread

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

Re: The Vernon Gholston thread

I am not even sure how "good" they are this year. I think they are better than the mediocre NFL team.

The coaching in the NFL is so bad these days, what NY is lucking into here is really more a mirror of that than anything else.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

The Saints of last year or maybe the 2001 NE Patriots?

Hmmm.

You get more dumb by the day.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

I don't know about all this other conversation - but Gholston was and is a disaster. Thankfully he even acknowledged it and went to the Jets to restructure his contract. He is not making what he was originally signed for. Either way, this one is right there with the Blair Thomas pick.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

In Response to Re: The Vernon Gholston thread:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Vernon Gholston thread : Not surprisingly, you took the bait, but I didn't think you'd offer that extra piece of information to show everyone what a pink hat you actually are. The 2001 Pats had a 20 something ranked D?  Are you the biggest moron alive?  Nice knowledge of your own team, you freakin toolbag.  They were 6th.  What an idiot you are. Now on to the bait.  Yes, in fact, the Saints had the 20th ranked D.  What they also had was the number one point differential.  The patsies do not, not even close.  The pride of the forum, rusty, has stated that the 2001 Patriots had an awful offense.  You can't make this stuff up.
    Posted by PhatRex[/QUOTE]

No, no, no.  That other topic was about the Pats PASS D.

Don't try to intertwine what my point was about the Saints being ranked #25 overall last year or the Pats pass d also being bend, but don't break and timely with turnovers in 2001.

NE was ranked 24th in pass D.

FACT:

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/years/2001/opp.htm

Everyone is concerned about the Pats pass d, so I referenced 2001 as an exapmple of yardage being overblown and borderline irrelevant.

You're just a reject. Time to get you banned once and for all.

You keep calling me a moron and it is abundantly clear I am far more intelligent than you are.  This is what is comical about you.

An insecure little NY area dweeb on here trying to misquote me or misrepresent the crux of my point.

Typical. It won't work.

You're a Jets fan here trying to look for compliments about your team because the Texans choked away a win. lol

You won't be here on 12/7 if Sanchez looks silly again in Foxborough or in Pitt or in Chicago.

Enjoy your boyfriend!

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

I am not playing games that involve typos.   Sorry, little man.

The other thread clearly has the word pass in it. That was the discussion, since we know NE's run D is very good.

The Saints were ranked 26th overall last year and 25th in pass D. NE's D was nowhere near a 6th ranked quality D in 2001, with a 24th ranked pass D and a solid run D.

We've had season tickets since 1978, and even though I don't own the tickets, I have been going to games since 1983.

Before you were born.

You are the pink hat. You disappeared after the Jets were shutout at home off a Bye, barely beat Denver, Detroit and Cleveland, etc.

I'd be embarrassed too. Your organization is a born loser.  Deal with it.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Vernon Gholston thread : I would say worse than Blair Thomas.  If you look at Thomas's numbers they are better than that bust, Maroney.  And that brings me to the point.  Every team has high picks that never panned out, low picks that were excellent and everything in between.  BB is no different than anyone else in drafting and FA signing. 50/ 50. 

Maroney was a starter on a 16-0 team. He played in a SB and in 2 AFC title games as a starter.

Far from a bust. He didn't pan out, but that isn't a bust.

He was also the 3rd or 4th RB taken in that draft which made his price lower as a 1st rd RB taken at #22, I believe.

Meanwhile, Blair Thomas, Gholston, etc, are TOP TEN picks.

You're a moron.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from rtuinila. Show rtuinila's posts

Has anyone had to update Gholston's numbers yet since this thread was started? If so, anybody know what the numbers look like now?

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from magicalhobo. Show magicalhobo's posts

[QUOTE]Has anyone had to update Gholston's numbers yet since this thread was started? If so, anybody know what the numbers look like now?
    Posted by rtuinila[/QUOTE]

Season Team   Tackles Interceptions Fumbles
    G GS Comb Total Ast Sck SFTY PDef Int Yds Avg Lng TDs FF
    2010 New York Jets 10 1 6 4 2 0.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0
    2009 New York Jets 14 3 17 12 5 0.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0
    2008 New York Jets 15 0 13 5 8 0.0 -- 0 -- -- 0.0 -- -- 0
    TOTAL 36 21 15 0.0 0 0 0 0 -- 0 0 0

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

So, he's on par for his usual no sacks and 12 tackles.

Good thing the Jets kept a roster spot for him. lol

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Vernon Gholston thread : And furthermore, this argument is pathetic.  The reason why teams pass on NE is because they can.  It is not like the run D is stellar...ranked 17th by yardage.    Don't try to back away from your pinkhat comments just because you've once again been exposed as a fraud spouting off about things you have no clue about.  Just because the passing defense by yardage is slightly worse than the overall defense BY POINTS is not excuse to change your argument.  Both are downright awful.  And anything besides points are nearly irrelevant, anyhow.  If a team is dominant against the run (the Jets), many other teams will pass pass pass against them.  They may put up some decent numbers against an otherwise solid passing D purely through the number of attempts.  You are weak and pathetic, just like your arguments. Given the regular beatdowns you receive, I cannot believe you still post here.  Please, go learn the game.

bawahah!

The only bad game this team has had against the run was Cleveland.

They have held every other RB group to well under 100 yards on average.

"downright awful".  Hilarious.

Yes, even though BB will win coach of the year again, his on the fly shaping of this D is "downright awful".

No one is buying your junk, toolchest.  Run along.  Mommy has the cookies ready.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

WHen was the last time you got laid, do you think?   Or, if ever?

You have some serious issues they we aren't specialized with deal with here, so I would head elsewhere for that diagnosis.  

You'll be banned, and after 12/6, likely never here again.

lol

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Vernon Gholston thread : More examples of how dumb you are.  4.1 yard average - 16th in the league, downright awful, total yardage 17th, downright awful.  Scoring TDs given up on the ground, 17th AWFUL.  Are you getting it now?  It's a bad defense.  And should I assume by every other RB group, you were excluding the Jets (136 yards), & the Bills (134 yards).  Maybe by every other RB group, you had a typo.  Maybe you meant they held every other WR group to less than 100 yards rushing.  Regaredless, your stupid little argument is irrelevant.  They give up a lot of points. End of story.

I am not going to go back and look at every single stat since Week 1.

When they won 5 in a row, they held very good running teams like Balt, Minny, Miami, etc, to well under 100 yards.

I believe they are the only team to hold Adrian Peterson under 4 YPC, including the Jets.

This isn't Week 2. Or Week 1.

You playing lawyer and "I caught you" isn't working.  The point doesn't change.

You know if NE beats the Jets and the Jets lose to Pitt or Chicago on the road, things look bleak for Green New Jersey.

Since the Miami game on that Monday night, something clicked with this defense, where they started to play better in zone, create turnovers and play as a one.

You are on this soapbox pretending this D is "downright awful" and it just isn't.

They stop the run and put teams into passing situations.  Sometimes they are good, sometimes, not so good.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Vernon Gholston thread : And by the way.  Not only was I hear after the Green Bay game. I was here during that game.  Funny how a great defense like the Packers can shut a 12th ranked offense.  It seems that a top three defense can cut the best offense's point in half (Please refer to the beating the Jets gave to the patsies for proof).  Apparently, it's better to have a great D and an average O, than a horrible defense and a great offense. 

"hear" after the GB game?

What was that, counselor?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsNottingham. Show PatsNottingham's posts

Hannahman,

Your one of the few Patriot fans who gets it.  Your completely right about Pioli.  The bad drafts were during the Pioli era.  Pro Football Weekly I beleive did an article circa Feb 2009 that showed the Patriots were the worst (32nd) drafting team in teh NFL from 2002 to 2008. 

The last 2 years (2009 and 2010) under Nick Casserio and Floyd Reese have been far superior to any years by Pioli. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from jesseyeric. Show jesseyeric's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The Vernon Gholston thread : bawahah! The only bad game this team has had against the run was Cleveland. They have held every other RB group to well under 100 yards on average. "downright awful".  Hilarious. Yes, even though BB will win coach of the year again, his on the fly shaping of this D is "downright awful". No one is buying your junk, toolchest.  Run along.  Mommy has the cookies ready.
    Posted by BBReigns[/QUOTE]

I believe the Jets had more than a hundred yards total rushing against the Pats. Just checked - they had 136 yards rushing vs. the Pats in week 2.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from BBReigns. Show BBReigns's posts

What?

What is with you Jets fans and your awful approach at comedy? It's terrible.  lol

Just use your hand.  We beg of you, Fatboy.