The way I see it

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

The way I see it

The Broncos are the worst team left. The Patriots played the worst team left last week though, so you all should use caution in bold assessments. They did make Indy look like the team they are- young and on the rise, but not good enough. That being said, shut down the run and win. Ol' Horseface will find a way to lose if you put the pressure on him to be 'the guy'. I did not agree with Whisenhunt's conservative play calling and I hope the Pats don't do the same. Chargers were 2-0 against Peyton before getting him into a dual, then, this time they didn't air it out (or at least chose to too late). Anybody that knows football, knows Brady is better than Peyton. Shut down denver run and win, its that simple.

My pick Pats 29- Denver 23 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

Re: The way I see it

In response to jbolted's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Broncos are the worst team left. The Patriots played the worst team left last week though, so you all should use caution in bold assessments. They did make Indy look like the team they are- young and on the rise, but not good enough. That being said, shut down the run and win. Ol' Horseface will find a way to lose if you put the pressure on him to be 'the guy'. I did not agree with Whisenhunt's conservative play calling and I hope the Pats don't do the same. Chargers were 2-0 against Peyton before getting him into a dual, then, this time they didn't air it out (or at least chose to too late). Anybody that knows football, knows Brady is better than Peyton. Shut down denver run and win, its that simple.

[/QUOTE]

As much as we like him you can't have Woodhead be your feature back

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Amikor nem látunk tovább az orrunknál

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

That was the most insightful post you have made this last week or so Pete

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baffle. Show Baffle's posts

Arrington on Welker right?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jbolted. Show jbolted's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Excellent pick.   I agree the run game is the real key and I am starting to think BB puts Talib on Julius Thomas, RYan on Demarius Thomas, and Collins as a spy on Moreno on the screens to him and to load up on run support with Hightower behind the Pats front line.

This will hopefully isolate the middle of the field, take away the run and force Gomie to push his passes to the perimeters.

[/QUOTE]

put the pressure on Horseface and he won't

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

The Chargers had a crappy O-line and a lousy D.

Ryan Matthews was hobbled.

Lewis should have been canned after the Bungles lost to SD.

You said, "I did not agree with Whisenhunt's conservative play calling and I hope the Pats don't do the same."

Explain, you want Brady to air it out? Whisenhunt had the right idea but not the personnel to execute it.

I'm concerned about the O-line's pass blocking, Brady's inability to find secondary and tertiary targets, and his inaccuracies on deep passes.

If Brady doesn't suck, and the team avoids mistakes and forces PM to trow deep into the wind, the Pats should win this game, easily.

That said, isn't Elway "'Ol Horseface"? I always thought of PM as "The Forehead" or Gazoo".

The Great Gazoo.png

It will be windy in Denver this week (just like last week which strengthens Whisenhunt's game plan).

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to portfolio1's comment:
    [QUOTE]

That was the most insightful post you have made this last week or so Pete

[/QUOTE]

You're too kind. :)

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TripleOG. Show TripleOG's posts

I also thought the run, run, pass predictable playcalling was the undoing. Its a shame cuz it was a winnable game and we all wanted to face the powder puffs at home but we wont let you down man. I dont mind us running it, but they better throw in some 1st down passes too.

Also using Woody as the lead back to start the game didnt help. You will never win with a scat back as your lead back, atleast thats what I was told. I would have went with Ronnie Brown. He had a great game vs the Cheifs....   smh

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Rusty could you see Collins blitzing or covering Julius Thomas? Trust me I get covering Moreno. Do you feel Thomas (TE) would be a mismatch in the Broncos favor without Talib?.

I could see some of what you state happening schematically.

Could also see some draws and screens that catches the Broncos D overpursueing and players like Vereen causing mismatch problems. BTW I love the work that Develin and How are putting in for the O.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

In response to DeadAhead2's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Excellent pick.   I agree the run game is the real key and I am starting to think BB puts Talib on Julius Thomas, RYan on Demarius Thomas, and Collins as a spy on Moreno on the screens to him and to load up on run support with Hightower behind the Pats front line.

This will hopefully isolate the middle of the field, take away the run and force Gomie to push his passes to the perimeters.

[/QUOTE]

Im with you here rusty, I talked about J Thomas being the key to the game and if we should even put Talib on him ala Jimmy Graham, I'd rather see Manning try and beat us deep or outside the numbers then chewing us up in the middle. I would put Dennard on DT though and Logan on Decker. I think Dennard will be our #1CB next year, a steal of a draft pick for BB. Arrington CAN cover Welker! It moght be the only guy he can cover, but I like that match up! He will bang on Wes and his xxx helmet.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Baffle. Show Baffle's posts

I like the thought that Collins, after diagnosing what Moreno is doing has the option to leap over people and bum rush  Peyton.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from NCPatsFan1971. Show NCPatsFan1971's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

For all the reasons, I was rooting for your team Jbolted.   I also agree with the play calling run, run, pass was way too predictable.  And I love the grit and talent of Woodhead and was sorry to see him go but like others have said he probably shouldn't be used as a lead back. 

Regardless, it's nice to see a fan of another team come in here and not be a Patriot Hater.   

18. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts