The Week 2 NFL Power Rankings Are Out

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxfan5990. Show bosoxfan5990's posts

The Week 2 NFL Power Rankings Are Out

And the Patriots are #2 behind the defending Super Bowl champs...

Week 2 NFL Power Rankings

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Getzo. Show Getzo's posts

Re: The Week 2 NFL Power Rankings Are Out

"Gostkowski missed a bunny, which makes you wonder whether or not letting Shayne Graham go was such a great idea, but you’d like to think he’ll be more accurate as the season goes on. One thing is for certain though, this team just proved on Monday Night Football that they’re going to be a really tough team to beat.''

So a 48 yard field goal is a gimmie!  Otherwise, good review. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxfan5990. Show bosoxfan5990's posts

NFL kickers make that kick pretty often, though I don't know if I'd call it a bunny.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

i hope the colts don't finish dead last, i don't want them getting that pick. with all the talk about this being the third neck injury to manning, i wonder if that writer might have not been so crazy in his article wonderig if we had seen the last of manning in the sense that he will never be the 18 the NFL has grown accustomed to.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

oh and the lions still shouldn't be that high, i know they won a game but 11th? really?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from NY-PATS-FAN4. Show NY-PATS-FAN4's posts

In Response to Re: The Week 2 NFL Power Rankings Are Out:
    NFL kickers make that kick pretty often, though I don't know if I'd call it a bunny.
    Posted by bosoxfan5990

With a brand new long snapper, they don't. Give it time, though, and Ghost will be fine.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxfan5990. Show bosoxfan5990's posts

oh and the lions still shouldn't be that high, i know they won a game but 11th? really?
    Posted by bostonfan191646

The Lions have superstars on both sides of the ball in Calvin Johnson and Ndamakong Suh. They can singlehandedly change games. Not many teams can say that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from PhllyPhn1967. Show PhllyPhn1967's posts

Anyone tell me who is at #3?

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

In Response to Re: The Week 2 NFL Power Rankings Are Out : With a brand new long snapper, they don't. Give it time, though, and Ghost will be fine.
    Posted by NY-PATS-FAN4

gustkowski is the least of my worries

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxfan5990. Show bosoxfan5990's posts

In Response to Re: The Week 2 NFL Power Rankings Are Out : gustkowski is the least of my worries
    Posted by bostonfan191646

The defense made Chad Henne look like Dan Marino. That was a big knock against them last year too, but they had a ridiculous +/- turnover ratio to make up for it. If the defense keeps giving up yards and the offense can't move the ball, Pats fans are going to be disappointed again this year.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CTPatsFan17. Show CTPatsFan17's posts

I knew we should have traded for Janikowski...

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

Colts are listed dead last...LOL!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat3. Show TexasPat3's posts

In Response to Re: The Week 2 NFL Power Rankings Are Out : No, but honestly, that was a pathetic kick.  And his kick offs were poor for a guy with a great leg.  All we hear about is his leg, but if you aren't nailing kick offs or not even remotely close on what should be a very makeable FG for you, then it's a fair comment. I am not a huge fan of his. It always seems like he over kicks from 45-50, either yanking or pushing the ball like that. Even when he makes it, it's barely inside the upright from that range.  Could be why BB went for it in SB 42.
    Posted by RidingWithTheKing

Agree on "The Ghost". That FG try wasn't even close. When the Pats square off against the better teams, his inaccuracy from anywhere outside of 35 yards could be decisive. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxfan5990. Show bosoxfan5990's posts

Colts are listed dead last...LOL!!!
    Posted by TexasPat3

Yeah, I think that's a little drastic.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from dodie2g. Show dodie2g's posts

lol @ Colts, them being the last makes you appreciate BB and the rest of his crew even more. In '08 Brady went down we still went 11-5, with Colts it's just tragedy, it's like they never seen it coming 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from chrisakawoody. Show chrisakawoody's posts

Ghost is a very good kicker.  Kickers miss.   He is one of the most accurate kickers (in rain, wind, snow, cold, no less) of the league.  He is coming back from an injury and will get up to speed. 

As for the KOs, I suspect he was told to make them short thereby to force returns that might be converted into TOs or long fields.  The long fields resulted.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

This team shouldnt have to rely too much on fg's to win the game. If they do then the offense or defense has failed at their job.  Ghost is no good on the right hash mark, going back to rookie year.  Just make sure before he kicks, you run a play to the left side, cuz he is gonna pull it right

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

Quite frankly if the only fault we can find with the Pats is that their kicker missed a 48-yard field then, in my opinion, the team is in pretty good shape.  I would point out (as was earlier) that there is a new long snapper and the guy is coming off a torn quad.  Those aren't excuses for the miss; they are facts.  Should he have made it?  My expectation is that he should.  Am I concerned about? Hardly.

My 2 cents.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonfan191646. Show bostonfan191646's posts

well put ATJ

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from bosoxfan5990. Show bosoxfan5990's posts

I still don't think the Colts finish badly this year. They play in a division with the Texans (perrenial late-season chokers), Jacksonville (terrible), and Tennessee (terrible). I wouldn't be surprised If the Colts finished 9-7 or better and made the playoffs as a division winner.

Sections
Shortcuts