The Wes Welker Situation

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ejusox21. Show ejusox21's posts

Re: The Wes Welker Situation

Stop dropping balls in BIG games, and you shall be paid!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to ejusox21's comment:

Stop dropping balls in BIG games, and you shall be paid!

Lame! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from gogogopats. Show gogogopats's posts

Can they find a middle ground?

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Would I love to have Welker back? Sure, but at a price. The Pats have holes to fix in the defense (SS, DT, possible CB if they can't retain Talib, DE and a LB that can cover well) and they need to lock up Vollmer to boot. 

If the NFL were MLB and the Pats didn't want to pay Welker then, I'd be on your side. But Welker wants a 10-15 million dollar deal when the Pats only have 19 Million to spend this offseason. I wish you'd take that into consideration when you act as if the Pats are blatantly trying to NOT pay Welker. 

This. I love Welker but really I root for the laundry not for the player (even Brady). If the best move for the team is to not pay him and let him go then that's business. There is no loyalty on either end as players leave all the time for the better pay and the teams let players go even if they gave them team friendly deals to begin with.

In the end the Pats will make an offer that's best for the team and Welker will find a deal that's best for him. Whether those two overlap who knows but I will always side with the team first and foremost

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Salcon. Show Salcon's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Would I love to have Welker back? Sure, but at a price. The Pats have holes to fix in the defense (SS, DT, possible CB if they can't retain Talib, DE and a LB that can cover well) and they need to lock up Vollmer to boot. 

If the NFL were MLB and the Pats didn't want to pay Welker then, I'd be on your side. But Welker wants a 10-15 million dollar deal when the Pats only have 19 Million to spend this offseason. I wish you'd take that into consideration when you act as if the Pats are blatantly trying to NOT pay Welker. 

This. I love Welker but really I root for the laundry not for the player (even Brady). If the best move for the team is to not pay him and let him go then that's business. There is no loyalty on either end as players leave all the time for the better pay and the teams let players go even if they gave them team friendly deals to begin with.

In the end the Pats will make an offer that's best for the team and Welker will find a deal that's best for him. Whether those two overlap who knows but I will always side with the team first and foremost

Good post. 

The team is first with me also.  Not the names on the back of the jersey.

I remember watching the Pats in Jim Plunkett's rookie season.

I'll still be watching and rooting when Brady and Welker are long gone.

I might be saying, "Those were the good 'ole days" but hey, I've been through the bad times too.  It goes with the territory of being a fan of one team.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from threejak. Show threejak's posts

Since I  generally don't want to know "How" to make the watch I kinda just rely on someone telling me what time it is.  Obviously not the case here...

It's pretty simple and the Cliff Notes version is that Mr. Welker will no doubt be seeking his fortunes elsewhere as a thirty-two year old slot receiver and F/A.  Will someone pay him whatever the x number is for three -Gulp four years?  Kinda doubt it but we have all seen silliness prevail in professional sports.

In retrospect and as an older Boston Sports fan I would characterize Mr. Welker as a solid mantle piece in Baaastan lore but hardly in the class of an Orr, a Havelchik, Williams or even a Vinateri for the simple reason that he wasn't "clutch" enuf in the must-have moments.

I would wish him well and hope life continues as I know it...

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from NOISE. Show NOISE's posts

Bump!

Sections
Shortcuts