The West Coast Offense

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Re: The West Coast Offense

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

Ask Z what name I called him. $100 he can't even name the name.  It's because I never called him a name.

Let me ask you this: If you report someone once, is that the limit, or can you report every post they make (even if it's not in violation)?

Ummm. I dont know. Ive never reported anybody

maybe you should ask Jints. He's the expert in abuse filings around here...

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

In response to AcheNot's comment:

Yes he did. He didn't like the the fact the his actions were being compared to a certain rodent. I guess some people do not like dissenting opinions or views. Not only should he be ashamed of himself but the mods should be ashamed also.

Besides my issue with Gints/Phat rex and leon. I do not have any issues or problems with anyone else. I normally stay clear of the flame threads and try to be as reasonable as possible with all the Pat's fans here regardless of whether I agree or disagree with them.

I agree. He should be ashamed. Filing abuse reports is a weasel-y thing to do

And the mods who allow it to happen are even worse. They dont do their homework. They ban people who shouldnt be banned

Very f*cked up system we have here

Sorry again you got banned

Thanks... but I have now come back to haunt the board... LOL

Your new avatar is hilarious. I noticed it was on HBO last night. Never gets old.  

I didn't want to disguise who I was. You are right that movie is a classic. if you ever get the chance check out the documentry on the making of "Caddyshack" it is on the Biography channel every once in a while... good stuff.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

Yes he did. He didn't like the the fact the his actions were being compared to a certain rodent. I guess some people do not like dissenting opinions or views. Not only should he be ashamed of himself but the mods should be ashamed also.

Besides my issue with Gints/Phat rex and leon. I do not have any issues or problems with anyone else. I normally stay clear of the flame threads and try to be as reasonable as possible with all the Pat's fans here regardless of whether I agree or disagree with them.

I agree. He should be ashamed. Filing abuse reports is a weasel-y thing to do

And the mods who allow it to happen are even worse. They dont do their homework. They ban people who shouldnt be banned

Very f*cked up system we have here

Sorry again you got banned

Thanks... but I have now come back to haunt the board... LOL

Your new avatar is hilarious. I noticed it was on HBO last night. Never gets old.  

I didn't want to disguise who I was. You are right that movie is a classic. if you ever get the chance check out the documentry on the making of "Caddyshack" it is on the Biography channel every once in a while... good stuff.

caddyshack is a "classic" to simple minds

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I didnt duck anything. Your points about bologna and Rusty are irrelevent, so I ignored them and put the focus back where it belonged: on you, jri and your credibilty (or lack thereof)

Btw if you think I have a problem with you because your team beat the Patriots in Super Bowl, then LMAO@ U

Goodnight

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

42and46 hasn't reported me yet, at least I don't think he has and I have done some photoshops and gifs of him. LOL!

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

I didnt duck anything. Your points about bologna and Rusty are irrelevent, so I ignored them and put the focus back where it belonged: on you, jri and your credibilty (or lack thereof)

Btw if you think I have a problem with you because your team beat the Patriots in Super Bowl, then LMAO@ U

Goodnight

two thoughts: i challenged jri to back up his accusation and he couldn't but i have a lack of credibility? hope u never serve on a jury...and don't call me a liar without proof of it urself ok achy braky?

second, i will take ur criticisms of my actions and ur lack of criticisms of rusty's behavior and baloney's comments as tacit approval of both...so let me see, you defend a poster who has been banned a dozen times and agree with a poster who calls black people jigaboos and monkeys and robert kraft a lying jew but u feel u have the right to judge my credibility...got it

last, giants beat the pats in superbowls -plural

thats 3 thoughts but hey i lied   Wink

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

42and46 hasn't reported me yet, at least I don't think he has and I have done some photoshops and gifs of him. LOL!

only ever reported queenie and baloney and will continue to if they deserve it-end of story

anybody who feels anything different is wrong, willfully or otherwise

I'm just messing with ya!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

One of your strong suits.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Comparison to "West Coast" and "Air Coryell" offenses [edit]

In the view of some experts, there are only approximately five or six major offensive systems run in the NFL today.[1]

The nomenclature of the Erhardt-Perkins system is very different from the Bill Walsh west coast offense. Formations under the West Coast Offense are commonly named after colors (i.e., Green Right).[8] The west coast offense commonly utilizes high percentage, short slanting passes and running backs as receivers. It prefers to have mobile quarterbacks (since its running backs may not be available to block) and large receivers who are able to gain additional yards after the catch.[9]

The nomenclature of the Erhardt-Perkins system is also very different from the Ernie Zampese-Don Coryell "Air Coryell" timed system. Route patterns of the receivers are numbered instead of named in the Air Coryell system (thereby making memorization easier).[10] For example, an Air Coryell play such as "924 F stop swing" indicates that the primary wide receiver (X) should run a 9 pattern (a go), the tight end (Y) should run a 2 pattern (a slant), the secondary wide receiver (Z) should run a 4 pattern (a deep in) and the F-back should go out for a swing pass (see Offensive nomenclature). Timing and precision are extremely important under the Air Coryell system, as the routes are intended to run like successive clockwork in order to be successful. The Air Coryell offense was used successfully by several coaches. Its history includes Jimmy Johnson's tenure as head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. Johnson's offensive coordinator, Norv Turner implemented the system when he became head coach of the San Diego Chargers in 2007. The St. Louis Rams ran the Coryell system successfully under coordinator and then head coach Mike Martz; earlier still, Joe Gibbs won several Super Bowls running his version of the Coryell offense. At present (2013), Cam Cameron, the former offensive coordinator of the Baltimore Ravens, ran the Coryell system.

See the thing is you are going to see similarities in all these offenses a bit because the goal is the same...move the ball forward through the air or ground and score. You also will need to block.

So in my opinion our short passing game has a couple of things similar to a west coast offense (the short slant), but a vast majority of our short game comes off a variety of screens to smaller/quicker receivers. And our runners are asked to block. In a true west coast offense the runners catch passes and it is likely you will see a guy with 60-70 receptions. We haven't had a feature back like that here since Curtis Martin - our backs have been big between the tackles runners who can also pass block like tight ends.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

The "west coast system" being used in NE is indescribably stupid on so many levels it can't be described, but I'll try...

First the Ernhardt/Perkins offense is no different than any other system in football, in that you can run any play within the rulebook.  What makes it an EP offense is the language, the way they get into their sets and the adjustments they make from there; the language is different.  To point at a play or set of plays that the Patriots ran and say "thats a west coast" system is like insisting in Italy they're speaking Mandarin just because they ate a stirfry.

West Coast offense' run a zone blocking scheme, while we do some zone blocking we primarily have a straight up, "man" blocking scheme or power blocking scheme.

While there are no set rules as to what plays a systems can run, there are certain philosophical differences between the system types.  

West coast offenses like to get a defense going east and west, they are a rhythmic offense relying on timing routes and motion.  Our offense is much more linear and gets it's strength from the run game, play action and precise route running.  

West coast offenses pass to their runningbacks, we don't.  We were 2nd in the league in rushing attempts, Ridley had 6 catches and Vereen had 8, not exactly Roger Craiglike. 

And please don't point to Danny Woodhead and tell me he was a runningback last year, they guy played primarily in the slot and played two years at receiver for the jets prior to coming here. He may have started his career in NE as a runningback, but he finished it as a receiver.

The final, most damning reason the insistance we run the West Coast offense is dull, Tom Brady would excel in either system, both systems have been extremely successful so why would that be the reason for failure in big games?  

We lost games because we were soft or not streaking, other teams beat us, we're having this conversation because Rusty gets typing faster than his logic allows and says off the wall stuff.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Philskiw1. Show Philskiw1's posts

Goodnight

two thoughts: i challenged jri to back up his accusation and he couldn't but i have a lack of credibility? hope u never serve on a jury...and don't call me a liar without proof of it urself ok achy braky?

second, i will take ur criticisms of my actions and ur lack of criticisms of rusty's behavior and baloney's comments as tacit approval of both...so let me see, you defend a poster who has been banned a dozen times and agree with a poster who calls black people jigaboos and monkeys and robert kraft a lying jew but u feel u have the right to judge my credibility...got it

Oh yeah like the one who calls Christians un educated southern ers and calls other people mulattos?  You don't even belong here and you certainly don't have any say who should get banned   But you are the board cop who's team owns us.  Wooooo woooooo hands off the keys buddy. Over under is 8-8 for the land lords of the NFC easy   Whatcha think board cop?

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from csylvia79. Show csylvia79's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

The "west coast system" being used in NE is indescribably stupid on so many levels it can't be described, but I'll try...

First the Ernhardt/Perkins offense is no different than any other system in football, in that you can run any play within the rulebook.  What makes it an EP offense is the language, the way they get into their sets and the adjustments they make from there; the language is different.  To point at a play or set of plays that the Patriots ran and say "thats a west coast" system is like insisting in Italy they're speaking Mandarin just because they ate a stirfry.

West Coast offense' run a zone blocking scheme, while we do some zone blocking we primarily have a straight up, "man" blocking scheme or power blocking scheme.

While there are no set rules as to what plays a systems can run, there are certain philosophical differences between the system types.  

West coast offenses like to get a defense going east and west, they are a rhythmic offense relying on timing routes and motion.  Our offense is much more linear and gets it's strength from the run game, play action and precise route running.  

West coast offenses pass to their runningbacks, we don't.  We were 2nd in the league in rushing attempts, Ridley had 6 catches and Vereen had 8, not exactly Roger Craiglike. 

And please don't point to Danny Woodhead and tell me he was a runningback last year, they guy played primarily in the slot and played two years at receiver for the jets prior to coming here. He may have started his career in NE as a runningback, but he finished it as a receiver.

The final, most damning reason the insistance we run the West Coast offense is dull, Tom Brady would excel in either system, both systems have been extremely successful so why would that be the reason for failure in big games?  

We lost games because we were soft or not streaking, other teams beat us, we're having this conversation because Rusty gets typing faster than his logic allows and says off the wall stuff.

Awesome post!

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

1) And I hope you never have to take the witness stand in your own defense any time soon, because your Credibility Quotient right now is already low and dropping fast

2) Never called you a liar. I said I dont believe you. Big difference

3) I dont follow that bologna guy around the board like you do, so I dont know what he's all about. But I gather he created a character for himself - a dim bulb kinda guy - who often says dumb things, some of them crude and racist. There may be a purpose behind it. I have no idea. But if you think those posts are bona fide proof that the person who signed up for the account (the actual person, not the persona he reated) is himself a racist or anti-semite, then I have a bridge over the Neponset River I'd like to sell you

4) Been banned many, many times myself for the puniest, little infractions, so I hate to see anyone get banned here, including Rusty. I appreciate/share the frustration he feels for our crack mod team. The fact you think it's okay they banned him the other day for no apparent reason, without him having broken any rule, is bizarre to me

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to wozzy's comment:

STANDS AND APPLAUDS!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

1) And I hope you never have to take the witness stand in your own defense any time soon, because your Credibility Quotient right now is already low and dropping fast

2) Never called you a liar. I said I dont believe you. Big difference

3) I dont follow that bologna guy around the board like you do, so I dont know what he's all about. But I gather he created a character for himself - a dim bulb kinda guy - who often says dumb things, some of them crude and racist. There may be a purpose behind it. I have no idea. But if you think those posts are bona fide proof that the person who signed up for the account (the actual person, not the persona he reated) is himself a racist or anti-semite, then I have a bridge over the Neponset River I'd like to sell you

4) Been banned many, many times myself for the puniest, little infractions, so I hate to see anyone get banned here, including Rusty. I appreciate/share the frustration he feels for our crack mod team. The fact you think it's okay they banned him the other day for no apparent reason, without him having broken any rule, is bizarre to me

. There may be a purpose behind it. I have no idea. But if you think those posts are bona fide proof that the person who signed up for the account (the actual person, not the persona he reated) is himself a racist or anti-semite,

did you actually type this Ache? enlighten me as to any  legitimate "purpose" you can think of to post racist and anti-semitic remarks -I really have to hear what you come up with and again it will say a lot about you as a person...I mean why would you post those things in a public forum where they can be saved for all to see anytime if you didn't feel this way? I can't wait to see you bend over backwards to justify this

so lets see, i deny something I am accused of and challenge the accuser to prove it-which is cannot-but my credibility is low

you say a person can post racist and anti-semetic remarks in public for all to see (ie: a helluva lot more proof than jri presented to back his accusation against me) but that isn't "bona fide" proof they feel this way

to sum up: jri37 cannot prove his accusations of me when challenged to do so but i have low credibilty but someone can post anti-semetic and racist remarks in a public forum for all to see - which again is about 1000 times the proof anything jri provided-but you give them the benfit of the doubt that they may have a legitimate reason for doing so and are not racist or anti-semetic

got it

do you know what an idiot you look like right now? do u even see the corner you're in and how it adds even more to my credibility while it undermines everything u say in regards to jri and his false accusations? even a little kid can see how ridiculous you sound

Thank God I am NOT a Pats fan-present company most certainly included