The West Coast Offense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Re: The West Coast Offense

In response to APpats21's comment:

In response to TFB12's comment:

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

And he still hasn't answered what surely should be a very simple question for someone with a high IQ ...

Does BB run a drop-kick extra point scheme?

Why is this so difficult?

Why are you running from this?

LOL!  Owned again!

You dancing in and out as a bandwagon dork saying "LOL!" and "Owned again"! doesn't really mean anything.

I proved above you were caught in a lie. It's funny watching you squirm.  This all goes back to me calling the fact BB was walking from Welkie one he upped Hernandez to a new deal last year. You were too naive and obtuse to get it. Then, when it was pointed out to you again on 3.13, you just became unglued like you are Welkie's wife.

I lied?  Nice try Rusty!  Oh, and I'm squirmming?  Nice try again.  LOL!  What a piece of work you are.  Hey I got it... Why don't we have a vote between me and you to see who people would rather have here.  Loser leaves forever.  Deal?

Hey be careful with that! He has so many accounts. Hes just gonna sign in with all of them to vote against you. Theres no way you could possibly compete with that.

I think he said he had 12, I'm sure half are still banned.  I will be okay!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Did you just say us going downfield with Moss or underneath with Welker can't be seen as both the West Coast and the Coryell merged together?

LOL!

You have no idea what you're talking about whatsoever.  You don't even know what BB is doing with the offenses from year to year.  What's next?

That he "doesn't use".  bawhahahahha!!

Cannot be made up. Just can't. NEWSFLASH: BB uses EVERYTHING! Ugh.  The moronic reading comprehension is so bad.

Can't you see that what BB is saying there with the West Coast and Coryell is that they are carryovers and nothing is definitive?

It's like a mutation in a sense. There is no black and white even if in the roots of each offense, conceptually, there is.

This is why when Z says "we've never run any West Coast here", he is completely, 100% wrong.

Um, What are you talking about?  I have not said anything about the Patriots and the West Coast Offense.  You don't even know who says what around here because you are too busy arguing with everyone.  In the original thread discussing the West Coast Offense I said this......

Agreed.  What is perfect about your example here is you point out a very important and specific piece to the puzzle.  The 49'ers had Rice and the Pats had Moss.  Both legit deep threat receivers that really made everything work.  Something the Pats have not been able to do since Moss left.  Sure, the Pats got by not having a legit deep threat receiver, but a legit deep threat receiver takes everything to the next level. 

So please show me where I said anything else about the West Coast Offense.  Now you are putting word in my mouth.  You are a fraud?  C'mon Rusty, prove to me where I said anything about the Patriots and the West Coast Offense like you are saying I said.   LOL at Rusty can't keep his arguments straight.

Well, who owned me then? You still haven't answered WHOM you were referring to? Why is that? Could it be your post came 3-4 after the only who challenged my comments (Z Bellino)? LOL

Hahahahahaha!!  Here is how Rusty admits that he is wrong.... By deflection! We all knew this of course but it is super funny when a perfect example can be provided!  hahahahaha!!  I can't stop laughing!!  OWNED!!

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Also, Rice was not a "deep threat".  Rice ran every single route possible in the book, not just a "deep threat" route.

Christ, you're dumb.

Wait! What?  Just because Rice ran other routes means he wasn't a deep threat?  So let me get this right, you are saying you can't be considered a deep threat if you run other routes?  I guess this doesn't surprise me coming from a guy who never played the game before.  Maybe you should have played the game and started following football before 2008 so you would know these things, tool.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

What? You denied your childish opinion of me being "owned" (your words) was not via ZBellino. So, who was it courtesy of in that thread then, TFB12?

Why can't you answer such a simple question?

OMG!  Are you really this clueless.  I already provided the link for you to go look, now I have to do the work for you... 

My Rusty is already getting owned comment came right after CatFishHunter owned you with this....

"Was it "nervewracking" 2003 with an aging Troy Brown and David Patten as lead WRs in camp ..."

Troy Brown in 2003 was still plenty good.  They were running a 4-man rotation at WR but he still had 40 catches.  I'd sign up for 2 32 year old WRs named Troy Brown right now.

"This team is LOADED. LOADED with talent on offense. LOADED."

Well, they aren't loaded at the so-called skill positions, once you get past TB and Gronk.  They'll be fine because they have BB and TB but their talent at WR is unproven and/or have injury history.  That is a fact.

It's on page 1 at the very bottom of the thread just before yous that was removed because you were banned!!

WOW!  Proven wrong again Rusty, I am on a roll here tonight proving you wrong.  How much of this can you take?  Don't you have any self respect?  You are getting owned time after time and here is another one.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Also, Rice was not a "deep threat".  Rice ran every single route possible in the book, not just a "deep threat" route.

Christ, you're dumb.

Wait! What?  Just because Rice ran other routes means he wasn't a deep threat?  So let me get this right, you are saying you can't be considered a deep threat if you run other routes?  I guess this doesn't surprise me coming from a guy who never played the game before.  Maybe you should have played the game and started following football before 2008 so you would know these things, tool.

Did I say he "was not a deep threat"? No. But, what's funny is, his main reason for being a "deep threat" is because Montana used his run game, wasn't in the shotgun and Rice usually was open deep, off playaction.

West Coast offense.

You either someone with a very low IQ or you think everything in life is in black and white. No one who knows the NFL would ever compare Rice's skill set to Moss's.  Two totally different styles.

Of course ANY great route runner can get open deep, Corky.

Been saying that here for years. And, I've also been saying HOW to get that accomplished. There aren't Randy Mosses available all over this league, kiddie. He's a once in a lifetime physical freak who only needed to run like 5 routes total to utilize his skill set.

OMG, I am laughing so hard here, Rusty can not make this any easier.  Please tell me I didn't just witness the quotes above!  This can not get any worse for Rusty tonight!!  Hahahahaha!!  Rusty, it looks like you have no idea what you are saying, who says what, you are a mess!!  This has really turned bad for you!!  How can you be taken serious? 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Rusty fraud,

You have no freaken idea what you are talking about.  NONE!

TB need to get back to the WC system of the SB years.  BWAHAAAAAAA

Who was the oc back then.  OH, the same guy who learned the system from Parcells and beyond and INSTITUTED the E-P system under BB.

The Pats under BB under Weis under Parcells and dating back to the 70's where E & P were offensive assistants for Fairbanks

Via Wiki

Passing game

This offense often uses "the run to set up the pass" via play-action passing, faking the run in order to throw deep downfield when the defense is least expecting it. Despite its reputation, this system is not always a run first offense. Erhardt commonly ran the system in his later years spread wide open with multiple receivers (earning the moniker "Air Erhardt"), as NFL rules evolved to benefit the passing game. As a result of this influence, the Patriots will frequently run this offense with five potential receivers and an empty backfield should a favorable matchup present itself or as a function of available personnel. With the addition of Randy Moss and Wes Welker to the Patriots offense in 2007, the Patriots placed an emphasis on a wide open passing attack (with record setting results).[5] As rules of the NFL have loosened to favor the offense, the Patriots have increasingly adopted a wide open approach, to the point that they are often now thought of as a short pass first team. The Patriots have also made good extensive use of the non huddle offense to tire out defensive personnel and to disallow substitutions.

Weis states in his autobiography "No Excuses" that the first play that he called in Super Bowl XXXVI was: Zero Flood Slot Hat, Seventy-eight Shout Tosser. Zero is the base formation. Flood Slot Hat further modifies this formation to a set with one back in motion, two tight ends and two wide receivers (which is to say five potential receivers in total). Seventy-eight is the base play number, a three step drop play. Shout tells the three potential receivers on one side of the quarterback what routes they should run, while Tosser tells the other two potential receivers their patterns. During the actual game, Tom Brady threw the ball to Troy Brown for a twenty-one yard gain, seventeen of it after the catch.

Every system is a modified system.  The game is not played the same as the 70's.  It's EVOLVED with time.

Your argument that Brady Mastered the WC offense is completely bogus.

Your argument that it is a hybrid WC offense is equally bogus.

A sprinkling of a few preferred  WC plays does not make a WC offense. 

If they throw a slant or use a 2 back set formation, it does not mean they changed systems.  It means they ran a play.

Whether TB is under center or in SG has NOTHING to do with the system or the basis of the system or the verbiage of the system or changing the system.

The Pats run the Erhardt-Perkins offensive system (modified or evolved) and always have under BB and beyond. PERIOD!

Sprinkles are swell.  I love them on ice cream.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Rusty has left the thread.  So much ownage in here, he had to leave.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from pezz4pats. Show pezz4pats's posts

Rusty has left the thread.  So much ownage in here, he had to leave.

What do you expect from some one who doesn't know the difference between a West Coast offensive system and a WC type play?    dadadadadumb!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Rusty: "Rice was not a deep threat"

Rusty: "Did I say Rice wasn't a deep threat? No!"

Self Owned!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:

banned again? 19 times and counting, huh?

Umm, why don't you articulate why I was banned? Can anyone do that? No, you can't because I did nothing wrong.

Me showing how and why ZBellino was wrong is not a bannable offense. TFB12 trolling, however, is.

so u have been banned a dozen times but u have never done anything wrong...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I was too involved earlier to respond to this! Well done! LOL!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to CatfishHunter's comment:

In response to AcheNot's comment:

I do? Calling Z "professor" is bannable?  I literally did nothing wrong whatsoever but source and defend my position which is ridiculous considering they should be mortified they didn't know we run some West Coast offense here and have for years. It's been far less in recent years, but still.

To say we "never have run it" here is embarrassing for them.  Keep in mind, ZBellino attacked my statement first, where I clearly substantiated why he was wrong in doing so.

That, in the midst of TFB12 looking pretty dumb claiming ZBellino was somehow "owning" me after I proved it is well know we've run West Coast offensive plays here.

So, can anyone explain what board rule I broke as TFB12 swings in disrupting ZBellino's and my discussion, trolling and insitigating (yet again as he squirrels away in fear of debating because he's out of his league)? lmao

The thing is, no one can explain why. I did nothing wrong whatsoever. Again.

I read through that entire thread, and I honestly didnt notice anything you said that could have gotten you in trouble. Nothing that stuck out

Break the rules, they ban you/Follow the rules, they ban you anyway

That is the sad reality for you on this board

Here's what happens:  When I have some caught in a lie or something that is false, and I counter with success and ease where it looks like I clearly showed the other person up, they censor my clean comments or end up just banning me.  It's almost like the mods don't want me to expose people who have no clue what they are talking about here.

I literally broke no rules in there whatsoever.  No namecalling, nothing. They were two trolls in there with TFB12 and AZPats21, each of who I have confronted in the past for different reasons who piggybacked on ZBellino's false premise, which is why this is funny. They ended up being wrong (again), too.

Yeah, but maybe next time, I dunno, maybe you can do without the sourcing of the Millennial from Southborough MA.

Proves how well known it is that the Pats have, in fact, used the West Coast here.

Or how you cherry pick what does or doesnt fit your agenda. Guess this one doesnt live in a basement huh?

How is sourcing multiple accounts supporting my premise, "cherrypicking"? Maybe if you weren't so obtuse or read correctly, you'd know that me posting another sourced item from a kid's blog proves how well known it is we've run West Coast plays here? Basically, it went right over your head.

Ugh.  What is your major in college? Serious question.  I know you're a little insecure about my analysis with your generation, but this is a very good example of you refusing to learn and trying to mock the person who knows more than you.

You and your trollish buddies are so quick to try to pin my balls to the wall, you don't even realize how wrong you are, and subsequently, how dumb you look.

easy there little 30-something gen x boy...please tell us again all the things ur generation gave us, like slackers and ecstasy and raising self-centered whining with no real problems to an art form-oh and napster so u little brats could steal music while mommy and daddy paid ur tuition

talk about a bunch of useless kiddies with opinions they didn't earn, thats generation-x

right russ?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from 42AND46. Show 42AND46's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

I actually think ZBellino's was aggressive because he was either completely uninformed or didn't know and came across like he did with a one statement retort. Then it was TFB12 claiming Z "owned" me was more than aggressive, don't you?

He's in there using exclamation points and disrupting our discussion like a 12 year old.

When it becomes clear I might have been more informative on a topic, the trolls align with one another and troll.

The other problem is, ZBellino thinks he never could be wrong on anything, which is comical since that is what I am accused of here.

Quite comical that I am the one attacked, but me defending my premise is somehow me initiating something with someone.  That's not remotely close to what happened.

Maybe you got aggressive with the wrong person today: the sainted ZBellino. Who knows?

It's a lousy system here. You know that

Posters love seeing you banned, but they shouldnt. Anytime someone gets banned for no apparent reason, it's bad news for everyone

why is it bad news for everybody? he is the only one continuously banned and has been about a dozen times-thats due to his behavior and well-earned reputation as the problem, as he is right now too...him being banned has only to do with him, doesnt affect anyone else as no one else has been banned more than once, if at all...him being kicked out is no witchhunt or mods going on a power trip so it will have no effect on anyone else here

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

I was too involved earlier to respond to this! Well done! LOL!!

Hahaha thanks. I actually got the idea from you. Im pretty sure you were the one who said to put these up in troll threads.

I don't think I said to do it, I just did it.  This one is hilarious!!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Christ, you're dumb.

Did I say he "was not a deep threat"? No. But, what's funny is, his main reason for being a "deep threat" is because Montana used his run game, wasn't in the shotgun and Rice usually was open deep, off playaction.

West Coast offense.

You either someone with a very low IQ or you think everything in life is in black and white. No one who knows the NFL would ever compare Rice's skill set to Moss's.  Two totally different styles.

Been saying that here for years. And, I've also been saying HOW to get that accomplished. There aren't Randy Mosses available all over this league, kiddie. He's a once in a lifetime physical freak who only needed to run like 5 routes total to utilize his skill set.

OMG, I am laughing so hard here, Rusty can not make this any easier.  Please tell me I didn't just witness the quotes above!  This can not get any worse for Rusty tonight!!  Hahahahaha!!  Rusty, it looks like you have no idea what you are saying, who says what, you are a mess!!  This has really turned bad for you!!  How can you be taken serious? 

In what way?  What quotes are you challenging? See, this is where it looks like you don't know the game, which is why you don't engage in discussion. You just pull the 10 year old routine of "hahaha!" and "how can you be taken serious", etc.  

You sound like any of our handful of trolls here at this point. How far your pathetic self has fallen.   A bandwagon fan lying about being a football coach and acting like being a bandwagon fan here since 2007 because he liked Moss and Welker with Brady for fantasy football reasons.  Absolutely pathetic.

If you can't get Rice did it all, ran a million routes, and was not just a deep threat, where Moss was pretty much just a deep threat who ran a handful of routes, I cannot help you. This actually proves you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to analyzing players' skill sets.

Moss in no way was Jerry Rice.   This whole "deep threat" obsession proves you started watching our team in 2007. Absolutely proves it. A Pats fan never even uttered those words pre 2007.

"owned"

lol

Hahahaha! You have one quote where you say Rice wasn't a deep threat then you have another saying you never said he wasn't a deep threat.  Let me tell you a little secret that might help you out here.... You can run all the routes and still be a deep threat.  Rice was a deep threat too.  But of course you wouldn't know this because you never played the game and you didn't start watching football until 2008.   Believe me, over the years I had to watch that great 49'ers team play since there was not the options we have today to watch any game we wanted to.  So yeah, I know a lot about Rice and that great 49'ers team even though I wasn't a fan of them.

Why do you feel you need to get technical when talking football?  Do you have a point to prove?  I don't because I know football very well.  Like I said, I had older brothers and a father who started playing and watching football with me the day I got home from the hospital.  I played football, I coached football, I have nothing to prove. 

I assume since we are on a football forum that most the people here understand football and all the tech talk is really not needed.  Now we all have different opinions, that's the issue.  But I would say most the people here know the game.  With that being said, I'm starting to second guess that after spending days, months reading your posts.  But in all seriousness I think it's your opinion that is the problem.  It looks like you have an agenda, your are thick headed and you are the type of person who has to always be right, even when you are wrong.  To the point where you make stuff up to fit your opinion as I have proven by correcting you with actual facts and still you stick with your wrong opinion.  Not sure if that is a lack of knowledge or you can't ever change your opinion. 

Anyways, please tell me that when talking football in person with your one friend that you don't talk technical with him.  When I talk football with my friends we never get technical, no need to, we all know the game very well.  Heck, most of us grew up either playing or coaching together, and in some instances both.  How boring would that be???   I don't like to toot my own horn, never feel like I ever need to but just to further prove my point to you... being a computer guy I even designed plays and put playbooks together on the computer.  So when you think you are getting under my skin questioning my football knowledge, your wasting your time because I know football, I have nothing to prove.  I don't need to come here and get "technical". OWNED!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

I liked this thread when it was called:

http://www.boston.com/community/forums/sports/patriots/on-the-front-burner/the-competition-at-the-wide-receiver-position/100/6661244?page=1

Rusty got summarily crushed by every poster who joined the discussion when he made up some more of his opinion/facts, so much so that he had to start a new thread in the hopes people wouldn't notice the shredding on the previous thread.

I suggest we let this thread die, ignore it... arguing with someone who can't concede when they're wrong and has to revert to name calling makes us look like the bigger fool.

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from TFB12. Show TFB12's posts

Christ, you're dumb.

West Coast offense.

In what way?  What quotes are you challenging? See, this is where it looks like you don't know the game, which is why you don't engage in discussion. You just pull the 10 year old routine of "hahaha!" and "how can you be taken serious", etc.  

You sound like any of our handful of trolls here at this point. How far your pathetic self has fallen.   A bandwagon fan lying about being a football coach and acting like being a bandwagon fan here since 2007 because he liked Moss and Welker with Brady for fantasy football reasons.  Absolutely pathetic.

If you can't get Rice did it all, ran a million routes, and was not just a deep threat, where Moss was pretty much just a deep threat who ran a handful of routes, I cannot help you. This actually proves you have no clue what you are talking about when it comes to analyzing players' skill sets.

Moss in no way was Jerry Rice.   This whole "deep threat" obsession proves you started watching our team in 2007. Absolutely proves it. A Pats fan never even uttered those words pre 2007.

"owned"

lol

Hahahaha! You have one quote where you say Rice wasn't a deep threat then you have another saying you never said he wasn't a deep threat.  Let me tell you a little secret that might help you out here.... You can run all the routes and still be a deep threat.  Rice was a deep threat too.  But of course you wouldn't know this because you never played the game and you didn't start watching football until 2008.   Believe me, over the years I had to watch that great 49'ers team play since there was not the options we have today to watch any game we wanted to.  So yeah, I know a lot about Rice and that great 49'ers team even though I wasn't a fan of them.

Why do you feel you need to get technical when talking football?  Do you have a point to prove?  I don't because I know football very well.  Like I said, I had older brothers and a father who started playing and watching football with me the day I got home from the hospital.  I played football, I coached football, I have nothing to prove. 

I assume since we are on a football forum that most the people here understand football and all the tech talk is really not needed.  Now we all have different opinions, that's the issue.  But I would say most the people here know the game.  With that being said, I'm starting to second guess that after spending days, months reading your posts.  But in all seriousness I think it's your opinion that is the problem.  It looks like you have an agenda, your are thick headed and you are the type of person who has to always be right, even when you are wrong.  To the point where you make stuff up to fit your opinion as I have proven by correcting you with actual facts and still you stick with your wrong opinion.  Not sure if that is a lack of knowledge or you can't ever change your opinion. 

Anyways, please tell me that when talking football in person with your one friend that you don't talk technical with him.  When I talk football with my friends we never get technical, no need to, we all know the game very well.  Heck, most of us grew up either playing or coaching together, and in some instances both.  How boring would that be???   I don't like to toot my own horn, never feel like I ever need to but just to further prove my point to you... being a computer guy I even designed plays and put playbooks together on the computer.  So when you think you are getting under my skin questioning my football knowledge, your wasting your time because I know football, I have nothing to prove.  I don't need to come here and get "technical". OWNED!

That's because you took my entire statement and cut it short to fit your trollish agenda. 

^^As everyone can see, you only underlined and highlighted my first sentence, ignoring the second, which proves your trollish tactics.  My second sentence says "not JUST a deep threat" which is what Moss really was with his range, height and speed.   Rice was in no way similar in skill set.  LMAO @ you thinking he was.

Enough already. You've become a troll and now are being bludgeoned on that Welkie thread with your pink helmet totally damaged.

Stick to the photoshopping. You're cluless and have very little football acumen.  Brady was the best QB he's been since 2004 in 2010 when BB dealt Moss, his "deep threat". Yet, you whined like a girl then  not realizing Brady doesn't win the MVP that year if BB doesn't deal Moss to rid Brady from staring down Moss or appeasing Moss for targets so he can get a new contract. BB sort of just did that with Welkie, your binky.

This is why you've gone off the rails here. You stained your underwear on 3.13 and just haveb't recovered.  Maybe your permanent roster on your fantasy team is affected?  lol

Our offense should be a lot more than pretending Tom Brady throws a good deep ball and needs to create offensive fireworks with Moss and Welker, exclusively.  You think football is about stats and fantasy production, so in 2007 when this happening here, that's why you bandwagoned over here from your lair in Nevada.

Have you ever even been to a game in Foxborough?

Please learn to use quotes, your stuff is hard enough to read here and then when you don't provide quotes then it is just a bigger mess.

You are contradicting yourself.  You are playing both sides of the fence with statements like that.  Was he a deep threat or not?  It doesn't matter if he ran all the routes.  Did the defense regard him as a deep threat?  Did the defense spread out because he was a deep threat or could they play a short to mid field defense because he wasn't a deep threat?

Sections
Shortcuts