The West Coast Offense

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

Re: The West Coast Offense

I haven't really been paying attention to this thread, but I imagine it's about rusty making some sort of fool of himself, correct? Or it in some way was directed towards Tom Brady in a negative light, while painting our defense in a much more positive one.

Never seen someone so distorted.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Most teams run West Coast plays with variations on terminology and based on the skills sets of the personel they have. How is this newsworthy?

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

In response to CliffordWasHere's comment:

In response to mthurl's comment:

I haven't really been paying attention to this thread, but I imagine it's about rusty making some sort of fool of himself, correct? Or it in some way was directed towards Tom Brady in a negative light, while painting our defense in a much more positive one.

Never seen someone so distorted.

Talk to your buddies. They claim we've never run any West Coast offense here and we've run the Erhardt/Perkins system for "40 consecutive years".

LOL!

As usual, your guesstimations are way off.  Do your homework and get the facts before mouthing off, Cupcake.

I just think it's funny that the whole entire place thinks you're a fool...same as the Bruin's board:)

At this point you have to be considering just flat out leaving, because it's beyond embarrassing for you at this point. No one takes you seriously, no one cares a word about what you write, everyone now realizes that you are the last person to talk football with....that's got to sting, no?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to 42AND46's comment:

why is it bad news for everybody? he is the only one continuously banned and has been about a dozen times-thats due to his behavior and well-earned reputation as the problem, as he is right now too...him being banned has only to do with him, doesnt affect anyone else as no one else has been banned more than once, if at all...him being kicked out is no witchhunt or mods going on a power trip so it will have no effect on anyone else here

I was speaking generally about the arbitrary way punishment is meted out here. You may not think so, but it leaves everyone vulnerable to a phantom banning as what happened to Rusty yesterday. Hence bad news for everybody because any one of us might be next. All it takes is one person with a hair across his *ss and a willingness to press the abuse button over and over again

It's not about mods witch hunting/powertripping. I dont think they know what day it is in that office to be honest. But no poster should be banned simply because he has a reputation for being a troublemaker. If he's going to be banned, he needs to break at least one rule. That didnt happen yesterday

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to AcheNot's comment:

why is it bad news for everybody? he is the only one continuously banned and has been about a dozen times-thats due to his behavior and well-earned reputation as the problem, as he is right now too...him being banned has only to do with him, doesnt affect anyone else as no one else has been banned more than once, if at all...him being kicked out is no witchhunt or mods going on a power trip so it will have no effect on anyone else here

I was speaking generally about the arbitrary way punishment is meted out here. You may not think so, but it leaves everyone vulnerable to a phantom banning as what happened to Rusty yesterday. Hence bad news for everybody because any one of us might be next. All it takes is one person with a hair across his *ss and a willingness to press the abuse button over and over again

It's not about mods witch hunting/powertripping. I dont think they know what day it is in that office to be honest. But no poster should be banned simply because he has a reputation for being a troublemaker. If he's going to be banned, he needs to break at least one rule. That didnt happen yesterday

Yeah, you got that right... there is a certain poster among us who has the affinity for doing the things you pointed out in your posts. this poster does not like any dissenting views so he takes it upon himself to be the board censor. Pretty scary when an indivisual decides to take that responsibility as his right.

I now have to appear as a ghost... 

Oh well... my ghost will have to suffice.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

In response to JohnHannahrulz's comment:

Most teams run West Coast plays with variations on terminology and based on the skills sets of the personel they have. How is this newsworthy?

Well it was newsworthy in 1990. 

It's newsworthy to Rusty because he said NE ran a West Coast offense early in the decade. Several people pointed out that NE ran the Erhardt-Perkins offense like they had for an almost uninterupted 40 years (Zampese years with Pete Carrol aside).

Then he said they ran a "hybrid" West Coast. Then he backed off of that. 

Now he is saying they run "West Coast" style plays, and that somehow qualifies them as a West Coast offense. 

It doesn't. 

Every single offensive system since about 1990-2 has used the ball control passing Walsh brought to the league in the late 1970s. You are right. It's not news. 

Welcome to modern football ....

By Rusty's latest qualifications ... EVERY SINGLE TEAM runs a West Coast offense.  

Of course this has been pointed out to him by many posters. While others like you just scratch their head about how such a remedial education could even be neccessary on an NFL forum.  

But Rusty, you know, he likes to argue. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from zbellino. Show zbellino's posts

Seriously ... did you miss that thread? Go look at his posts. Every single one of them has a flame or some kind of personal attack in it. 

I didn't report him. I can just hit the "ignore" button again. I mean, given the extreme turnover in his names, and the number of alternate accounts he has here to come in and "agree" with himself (Clifford for instance made his debut "agreeing" with Rusty in a thread, then came back as Rusty some time later) it's hard to keep track of who Rusty is.

But jimminy cricket, anyone could have.  

He makes it so easy for himself to get banned because he can't go two posts without insulting people which is against the forum rules on every single forum I've ever been on. 

Sorry, I have no pity party for Rusty.

Easy rule of thumb. I've been here under the same handle since 2006, and was here on the old forums for years before that. 

Just don't insult people. You won't get banned. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

In response to ghostofjri37's comment:

Yeah, you got that right... there is a certain poster among us who has the affinity for doing the things you pointed out in your posts. this poster does not like any dissenting views so he takes it upon himself to be the board censor. Pretty scary when an indivisual decides to take that responsibility as his right.

Did Jints get you banned, jri? He's a guy who knows how to work the system

Wow. Another notch in his belt, I guess. I hope he's proud

Youre not his first, nor will you be his last

Sorry you got banned

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

In response to zbellino's comment:

Seriously ... did you miss that thread? Go look at his posts. Every single one of them has a flame or some kind of personal attack in it. 

I didn't report him. I can just hit the "ignore" button again. I mean, given the extreme turnover in his names, and the number of alternate accounts he has here to come in and "agree" with himself (Clifford for instance made his debut "agreeing" with Rusty in a thread, then came back as Rusty some time later) it's hard to keep track of who Rusty is.

He makes it so easy for himself to get banned because he can't go two posts without insulting people which is against the forum rules on every single forum I've ever been on. 

Easy rule of thumb. I've been here under the same handle since 2006, and was here on the old forums for years before that. 

Not true... there is a certain poster on this board who thinks he is the arbiter of what is appropriate and what isn't. I was banned because of an issue with one poster who continuously insults who he doesn't like and reports any content whether it is appropriate or not. When someone confronts him he gets his panties in a bunch and runs to the mods.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Did Jints get you banned, jri? He's a guy who knows how to work the system

Wow. Another notch in his belt, I guess. I hope he's proud

Youre not his first, nor will you be his last

Sorry you got banned

Yes he did. He didn't like the the fact the his actions were being compared to a certain rodent. I guess some people do not like dissenting opinions or views. Not only should he be ashamed of himself but the mods should be ashamed also.

Besides my issue with Gints/Phat rex and leon. I do not have any issues or problems with anyone else. I normally stay clear of the flame threads and try to be as reasonable as possible with all the Pat's fans here regardless of whether I agree or disagree with them.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Not true... there is a certain poster on this board who thinks he is the arbiter of what is appropriate and what isn't. I was banned because of an issue with one poster who continuously insults who he doesn't like and reports any content whether it is appropriate or not. When someone confronts him he gets his panties in a bunch and runs to the mods.

Thank you. You got banned, dude? For what? Who are you talking about? Babe?  Basically, this board could put the 10-15 trolls or irrationals out of here, but about 5 irrationals on warning and this board would be fantastic.

ZBellino has been wrong recently too much.  He can't admit it when he is either.

It wasn't Babe... I have zero problems with any Pat's fans.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

Thank you. You got banned, dude? For what? Who are you talking about? Babe?  Basically, this board could put the 10-15 trolls or irrationals out of here, but about 5 irrationals on warning and this board would be fantastic.

ZBellino has been wrong recently too much.  He can't admit it when he is either.

It wasn't Babe... I have zero problems with any Pat's fans.

Gunty?  Gunty aligns with Babe and his group, though.

Russ, it's not about groups or alliances. I just like talking Patriots with PATS fans. There is a certain poster here who makes it his business to decide what he thinks is appropriate or isn't appropriate.

To be honest I enjoy reading your posts as well as Babes and all the other posters opinions. There is no right or wrong about any of the opinioms. We are all passionate about our team and in the end we all want the samething.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

I wish I could look at his posts, but theyve all been deleted. That's what happens when a poster is banned: All his postings are removed...not just the "offensive" ones...every one. Never understood why they do that. It's a shame, because it ruins the ontinuity of a thread

But anyway, I read through it yesterday and IMO it was business as usual stuff. Not civil discourse all the time, but meh, that's message boarding for you. This isnt a polite debate society in here. And to be honest, except maybe for "troll", I dont recall any harsh namecalling or insults. Maybe I skimmed over them. All that West Coast Offense talk kinda gave me a headache:)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

A little suspicious I had ZBellino and that group dead to rights in the thread, though, and whamo within an hour all my clean comments which exposed them all, up and vanished due to the banishment, though, isn't it?

Doesn't the mod have to look at what the violation reason is before banning?

Otherwise, what is the point of having mods?

Theyre supposed to, but my experience with them tells me that they dont. Laziest moderators Ive ever seen

If you expect expect due process from this mod staff, youre going to come away very disappointed

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from AcheNot. Show AcheNot's posts

Yes he did. He didn't like the the fact the his actions were being compared to a certain rodent. I guess some people do not like dissenting opinions or views. Not only should he be ashamed of himself but the mods should be ashamed also.

Besides my issue with Gints/Phat rex and leon. I do not have any issues or problems with anyone else. I normally stay clear of the flame threads and try to be as reasonable as possible with all the Pat's fans here regardless of whether I agree or disagree with them.

I agree. He should be ashamed. Filing abuse reports is a weasel-y thing to do

And the mods who allow it to happen are even worse. They dont do their homework. They ban people who shouldnt be banned

Very f*cked up system we have here

Sorry again you got banned

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from ghostofjri37. Show ghostofjri37's posts

I agree. He should be ashamed. Filing abuse reports is a weasel-y thing to do

And the mods who allow it to happen are even worse. They dont do their homework. They ban people who shouldnt be banned

Very f*cked up system we have here

Sorry again you got banned

Thanks... but I have now come back to haunt the board... LOL

Sections
Shortcuts