The White Elephant In The Room

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Re: The White Elephant In The Room

In Response to Re: The White Elephant In The Room:
    Guy's, if the Hobbit didn't crap his pants and actually caught the ball that hit him in the freaking hands we would be Super Bowl Champions. So with that said what this teams needs is a receiver who won't choke at the biggest moment on the biggest stage.  I give you 2 examples Tyree and Manningham.  Two nobody's that delivered championships, at our expense, to their teams.
    Posted by tcal2-

Great point, we should dump that midget who obviously can't catch and go after somebody more mentally tough like David Tyree. Just brilliant!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from patsfaninpa420. Show patsfaninpa420's posts

I'm happy the focus was on D this draft. The D played well last year I thought but they struggled at times to get off the field. Opposing teams had nearly 10 minutes more TOP during the postseason last year(reg season was 3 min more for opp). When the offense was having a bad day the defense wasn't stout enough to compensate for that. If the D improves enough this year, which I think it will, at creating turnovers and keeping opponents' drives short they will give the offense enough scoring opportunities to overcome any shortcomings they're having that day.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I'm happy the focus was on D this draft. The D played well last year I thought but they struggled at times to get off the field. Opposing teams had nearly 10 minutes more TOP during the postseason last year(reg season was 3 min more for opp). When the offense was having a bad day the defense wasn't stout enough to compensate for that. If the D improves enough this year, which I think it will, at creating turnovers and keeping opponents' drives short they will give the offense enough scoring opportunities to overcome any shortcomings they're having that day.
    Posted by patsfaninpa420

It's a move in the right direction. In combination with all the free agents we've signed - I'm hoping the patriots defense can win some games this year.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from mthurl. Show mthurl's posts

I guess BB agreed that the defense needed some major upgrading and the offense really didn't by going virtually all defense during the draft. It's funny how some people failed to see that the defense was a problem and not our offense. It's also funny that with 15 million (after Light's retirement) to spend - we made little to no effort to retain BJGE - and this was the guy that a few were saying the ball should be put in his hands and out of Brady's. LOL!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from anonymis. Show anonymis's posts

I guess BB agreed that the defense needed some major upgrading and the offense really didn't by going virtually all defense during the draft. It's funny how some people failed to see that the defense was a problem and not our offense. It's also funny that with 15 million (after Light's retirement) to spend - we made little to no effort to retain BJGE - and this was the guy that a few were saying the ball should be put in his hands and out of Brady's. LOL!
    Posted by mthurl

I'm thinking BB likes what he sees in Ridley and hoping Vareen ends up being half of what Rice is to the Ravens.  Altho we added a TE during the off season, he'd better be able to help block for the RBs and catch the ball a lil (on top of helping to protect brady).

IMO, the problem on offense last year was the play calling.....and the offense having to carry the defense. Yes, the defense improved over the course of the 2011 season, but lets face it....big plays on d was wanting in big games.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TexasPat. Show TexasPat's posts

In Response to Re: The White Elephant In The Room : I'm thinking BB likes what he sees in Ridley and hoping Vareen ends up being half of what Rice is to the Ravens.  Altho we added a TE during the off season, he'd better be able to help block for the RBs and catch the ball a lil (on top of helping to protect brady). IMO, the problem on offense last year was the play calling.....and the offense having to carry the defense. Yes, the defense improved over the course of the 2011 season, but lets face it....big plays on d was wanting in big games.
    Posted by anonymis

No doubt that the Pats will sign a veteran RB...possibly Hightower. They will also sign a RB who wasn't drafted...hoping that BJGE lightning strikes twice for them.   

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Posted by mthurl

Yeah your right, we don't need a run game anyway. Way to bring it today. Brady at 35 should once again throw the ball a career high next year....like he did this year. He is after all invincible.

Sections
Shortcuts