The work of Josh

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

The work of Josh

The work of Josh McDaniels - this year. Last year is in the rear view and is History so lets give that a rest and LQQK forward to Josh and what you expect from him? I expect - as well as others - a more balanced O. Like him or not, Josh has got the cajones to do a great job and change things up. Afterall hes' got the best QB in the game that reads opposing Ds, a QB that has the ability to fake a D'back out his jockstrap. I expect more of a flex O with more run, screens, fake handoffs, and maybe the power draw? more YAC, the 3 dimensions of pass, short, medium, long - the open reciever. Not to mention all the tools Josh has...huh? Whaddya think?

My first wish is an improved run game? Brady more under Center? The open reciever? Ahern running the ball more? Do they have the O'line for the power draw that has been missing?

The game of Footbal was invented by running....still important, huh? The 'timed pass' was instituted by a 5 star General MacArthur when he was West Point Comandante and always watched foot ball practice. It was during this time that he pointed out to the Coach that they should work on the pass, the coach said they do but when a 5 Star says to work on a perfectly thrown TIMED Pass? Yes, They did it! This was the beginning of the 'timed pass'.

Getting late ...have a good night. Wake up happy and blessed as Life is worth Living! no matter what! .... Bishop Fulton J. Sheen.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from NoMorePensionLooting. Show NoMorePensionLooting's posts

Re: The work of Josh

Looking forward to the return of the screen pass myself.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'd expect more diversity but not just because of the change in offensive coordinator. Much of the change will be dictated by the new talent. Lloyd and Gaffney will pull defenders away from the middle of the field and this will open up more space for running and screens and other passes to the backs. Plus, it looks like Ridley, Vereen, and Bolden add some dynamism in both the running and receiving game that we really didn't have last year. This looks like a much more explosive offense than last year's to me. Josh McDaniels may also be more creative than o'Brien, but I think the main difference will be the talent.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from portfolio1. Show portfolio1's posts

Lloyd will make everyone's job easier. Gaffney will be the new Branch. With the addition of a couple of FBs to the O and at least a third TE who can block some I expect a slightly more balanced attack. Slightly because it is hard not to throw the ball even 5 yards downfield when you have TB, these TEs, and Lloyd and Welker... and then Gaffney. I also expect Vereen to catch more passes if healthy than any RB in the last couple of years whether from screens, throws underneath or even downfield routes where he is amazingly matched up v an LB. In fact it is that last element, Vereen going downfield or across the field v a LB that is the wild card in the passing game. At some point it may became much more common an option than currently anticipated publically.

I do think there will be half a dozen or so basic running plays that will uptick the running game in attempts and yards.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

McDaniel's will be the difference, the NFL is a coaching league. A good coach can turn straw into gold, can win with wide receivers playing defense, can win with a guy who's career will end the year after winning a Super Bowl because he was never talented enough for the NFL in the first place, a good coach can turn an undrafted free agent into a starter or a 6th round pick into the best QB on the planet.

Talent deficient teams win because of good coaches, not in spite of them. Very talented teams lose because of coaching all the time... see San Diego as an example.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from palookaski. Show palookaski's posts

Surely the additional talent will make a difference in spreading out the opposing D. Josh McD has different offensive schemes he can use now that wern't there last year. The quick score mentality may be adjusted a bit someway/somehow, PLUS the vastly improved D That I'm confident the Pats have now will make it exciting. eg; An offensive makeover that will not resemble the obvious pattern of last year.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from thehub. Show thehub's posts

In Response to Re: The work of Josh:
    Posted by NoMorePensionLooting

Yes. I miss the well times screen pass. I think we have two yooug backs to pull it off as well. Perhaps a little Welker and Hern as well.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In his previous stint McD had about the same balance as OB did. That is a typical NFL balance in both cases.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Surely the additional talent will make a difference in spreading out the opposing D. Josh McD has different offensive schemes he can use now that wern't there last year. The quick score mentality may be adjusted a bit someway/somehow, PLUS the vastly improved D That I'm confident the Pats have now will make it exciting. eg; An offensive makeover that will not resemble the obvious pattern of last year.
    Posted by palookaski

The "obvious" will disappear with less obvious play calling which McD will provide, yes he has a lot of talent to pool from but he did an amazing job in 2008 with the same or less talent than last year.

I agree it will be exciting to watch...

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Posted by NoMorePensionLooting

Ditto. O'brien managed to forget that play existed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TrueChamp. Show TrueChamp's posts

Where are the people clamoring for Charlie Weiss?  I heard his punt punt punt offenses were the key to the Pats' earlier success.  His incredible work with Notre Dame and the Chiefs proves it.
    Posted by Mighty2013

He got 27 tds to 7 interceptions out of matt cassel as the OC of a "Ball control offense". What kind of a Pats fan tries to insult Charlie Weiss? You should disappear for another 6 months.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ATJ. Show ATJ's posts

I like the possibilities presented by the return of J McD coupled with the new/additional talent.  Looks to me to be a most versatile and high octane offense.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from JohnHannahrulz. Show JohnHannahrulz's posts

Doesn't hurt to have players that understand the offense (Stallworth, Gaffney, Lloyd and Branch). Could see bubble screens to Hernandez. Really want know what the RBs/FBs will do in this offense. McDaniels has got to be practically salivating at having Gronk/Hernandez in two TE set. Sure he doesn`t have Moss, but it seems like this offense has more legitmate weapons than `07. As always my primary concern is the offensive line; they have to get healthy (Waters return) and stay healthy for a Super Bowl run.

Sections
Shortcuts