The worst part about the loss...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

Re: The worst part about the loss...

I said posts like this would be coming last night all off of ONE game.  I am certain this same poster was all smiles and giggles after the Pats won against the Bills and Broncos.  Now, the sky is falling!!!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

In response to PatsEng's comment:
    [QUOTE]

49 - you say this now but you know as well as anyone the moment the game comes on you'll be glued to the seat just like you always have been. It's was beyond a frustrating lose and one everyone saw coming after the 3rd quarter. Heck even my mother over the phone asked, what was wrong with the Pats if they don't start putting points and keep on throwing it they are going to lose this one. She also didn't understand why they were giving the mini Flutie (her words) enough time to bake a cake and weren't trying to hit him. Now if my mother who doesn't understand the game that well could call them losing because they were passing to much and weren't aggressive down the stretch on D then something is really wrong and that's the worst part for me

[/QUOTE]

brady has the most passing attempts in one game, of his whole career yesterday.....and it was raining...poor playcalling as well as poor execution. and yes, with the exception of chandler jones, the pats had no pass rush to speak of on sunday....part of that may be because ninkovich had to switch from defensive end to linebacker because of hightower's injury.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

He's just blowing off frustration as I'm sure we all were in our own way after a loss like that. That was a bad loss that shouldn't have happened

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from glenr. Show glenr's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to chiefret's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Pats have lost 3 gms by a total of 4 pts! Concern yes, but hardly Armageddon. Rex Ryan is already stirring-the-pot claiming victory before the battle even begins. A 45-3 whipping of the Jests and all is forgotten. What we're witnesssing is the winding down of the BB/TB era. It was a great run and I think both have another SB win in them. The moribund secondary needs to be replaced in it's entirety. Chung, Arrington, McCourtey and the rest of the secondary stiffs are dreadful.  Bring up some practice squard types and signed FA's, plenty out there, hungry and looking for work.

[/QUOTE]

It's not how much they lost by or even who they lost too so much as it is the way they lost. They lost because they stubornly made themselves 1 dimension and backed their O into a corner. They lost because they became passive on D and gave up the one thing a passive D is suppose to prevent, the big plays. They lost because the coaching staff didn't make adjustments to the last two times they lost in the same exact manor.

1) A balance O with a committed running game is our key to success

2) The prevent D gives up more big plays and quicker then being aggressive

3) The coaching staff over thinks itself and sometimes in non-ideal situations you just need to get back to the basics and grind out a win

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for #3. I cannot figure out why the run was all but abandonded in the red zone for pass happiness when the run was producing positive yardage and run/run/pass got us our only red zone TD ( the pass being a good call because it was totally unexpected ). Add to the the fact that the Seattle DBs are taller than our receivers and it was raining hard which never helps the pass.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from PatsEng. Show PatsEng's posts

In response to redsoxfan94's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

49 - you say this now but you know as well as anyone the moment the game comes on you'll be glued to the seat just like you always have been. It's was beyond a frustrating lose and one everyone saw coming after the 3rd quarter. Heck even my mother over the phone asked, what was wrong with the Pats if they don't start putting points and keep on throwing it they are going to lose this one. She also didn't understand why they were giving the mini Flutie (her words) enough time to bake a cake and weren't trying to hit him. Now if my mother who doesn't understand the game that well could call them losing because they were passing to much and weren't aggressive down the stretch on D then something is really wrong and that's the worst part for me

[/QUOTE]

brady has the most passing attempts in one game, of his whole career yesterday.....and it was raining...poor playcalling as well as poor execution. and yes, with the exception of chandler jones, the pats had no pass rush to speak of on sunday....part of that may be because ninkovich had to switch from defensive end to linebacker because of hightower's injury.

[/QUOTE]

So how do you compensate for that? Short passes and running the ball (even if you are only getting a couple yards at a time) and being overly aggressive on D because you have a weak secondary that will be exposed if you can't get the pass rush to the QB. Instead the Pats did the opposite hardly rushing more then 3-4 all game and throwing more 10+yd passes (completions or not) then they ran the ball

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So how do you compensate for that? Short passes and running the ball (even if you are only getting a couple yards at a time) and being overly aggressive on D because you have a weak secondary that will be exposed if you can't get the pass rush to the QB. Instead the Pats did the opposite hardly rushing more then 3-4 all game and throwing more 10+yd passes (completions or not) then they ran the ball

[/QUOTE]

I agree 100%, but the running game just wasnt producing yesterday.....with the exception of bolden, who got hurt.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

In response to MasterHess-'s comment:
    [QUOTE]

agcsWilliam-How are ya!?Can you believe what is going on in here today?the pats fans want to Fire BB and Trade Brady!! Only kidding but just one sign of adversity and the fan base is ready to jump ship. Only in NE I guess.

hey it's great to be back at BDC folks!

[/QUOTE]

How come, if Patriots fans are the only fair-weather fans and Jets fans are not bandwagon fans, you only come here when the Jets win and the Patriots lose?  Will you be here Sunday night after the Patriots humiliate your team, or will you be one of those people on the Gang Green forum cursing your team and throwing Ryan and Sanchez under the bus? 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to 49Patriots' comment:

Yeah, the secondary was bad and blew the game, Ridley did his best Maroney impression and Brady and the offense couldn't do shat in the redzone, but none of that compares to this.

The secondary wasn't that bad. The only players who really struggled were Arrington and Chung. Just as a reciever who ran the wrong route (resulting in an INT) makes his QB look like a moron, a front 4 that can't get to the QB can leave a secondary exposed.

The Pats lack of a consistent pass rush is making any QB look like a HoFer.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

hey Exile- calm down!Todays my 1st day back in here in over a year. Can you believe that I got banned. i think it had something to do with the law suit I filed against BB for cheating a few years back.

I've never been to a Jets forum and I would never throw a player or a coach under the proverbial bus. Hey if my team wins or losses my life still goes on. maybe you people with those horrible accents could learn a thing or two from your big brothers just down the road a piece on 95?

Fun family and friends-NOT the pats,sox,bruins and celts-Learn from Leon!

[/QUOTE]

if you hate boston sports teams so much, then why do you come here and post and dont post at a new york sports forum?

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

[QUOTE]

fair question-I've been coming into this Forum and the sox forum for years-Got banned for a some reason that was never spelled out to me my BDC. I don't have any problem with the pats -other then the whole Spygate fiasco and the redsox ..well I can go on for hours.

I like to mix it up a bit with my neighbors from the North.Watching a fanbase turn on their team the way NE fans do is quite intrigueing to me.Only in NE I guess because I have never witnessed anything like it anywhere

[/QUOTE]

you cant be serious, new york fans turn on their teams quicker than any other fanbase......the giants fans wanted coughlin fired half way through the season last year LMAO....yankees fans booing their team in the ALCS....do i even have to mention jets fans?

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from pcmIV. Show pcmIV's posts

[QUOTE]

you cant be serious, new york fans turn on their teams quicker than any other fanbase......the giants fans wanted coughlin fired half way through the season last year LMAO....yankees fans booing their team in the ALCS....do i even have to mention jets fans?

[/QUOTE]

Seriously how many empty seats have there been at Yankee Stadium during the playoffs.  Pathetic.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from newenglanderinexile. Show newenglanderinexile's posts

[QUOTE]

hey Exile- calm down!Todays my 1st day back in here in over a year. Can you believe that I got banned. i think it had something to do with the law suit I filed against BB for cheating a few years back.

I've never been to a Jets forum and I would never throw a player or a coach under the proverbial bus. Hey if my team wins or losses my life still goes on. maybe you people with those horrible accents could learn a thing or two from your big brothers just down the road a piece on 95?

Fun family and friends-NOT the pats,sox,bruins and celts-Learn from Leon!

[/QUOTE]

Whenever I want to hear the purest spoken English I go to Bensonhurst or Staten Island.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostatewarrior. Show bostatewarrior's posts

The worst part about the loss is that the playoffs are almost certain to be road games.  Oh well, it works for the G-men.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BabeParilli. Show BabeParilli's posts

In response to glenr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

In response to chiefret's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Pats have lost 3 gms by a total of 4 pts! Concern yes, but hardly Armageddon. Rex Ryan is already stirring-the-pot claiming victory before the battle even begins. A 45-3 whipping of the Jests and all is forgotten. What we're witnesssing is the winding down of the BB/TB era. It was a great run and I think both have another SB win in them. The moribund secondary needs to be replaced in it's entirety. Chung, Arrington, McCourtey and the rest of the secondary stiffs are dreadful.  Bring up some practice squard types and signed FA's, plenty out there, hungry and looking for work.

[/QUOTE]

It's not how much they lost by or even who they lost too so much as it is the way they lost. They lost because they stubornly made themselves 1 dimension and backed their O into a corner. They lost because they became passive on D and gave up the one thing a passive D is suppose to prevent, the big plays. They lost because the coaching staff didn't make adjustments to the last two times they lost in the same exact manor.

1) A balance O with a committed running game is our key to success

2) The prevent D gives up more big plays and quicker then being aggressive

3) The coaching staff over thinks itself and sometimes in non-ideal situations you just need to get back to the basics and grind out a win

[/QUOTE]

Thanks for #3. I cannot figure out why the run was all but abandonded in the red zone for pass happiness when the run was producing positive yardage and run/run/pass got us our only red zone TD ( the pass being a good call because it was totally unexpected ). Add to the the fact that the Seattle DBs are taller than our receivers and it was raining hard which never helps the pass.

[/QUOTE]

You can't figure it out because you're not that bright. They didn't run because their lead back was getting 2.1 yac. Meanwhile Brady was getting 6.8 an attempt.

See, it's easy when the game is explained to you Rusty.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to sporter81's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Your frustrated about the loss, yesterday's hit particularly hard because of the way it all went down. That said, there's still plenty of time to right the ship, the giants have been close to firing coughlin twice only to go on and win the Super Bowl . I'm on this ship no matter what but it's going to take a beatdown of the Jets to get this one out of my mind.

[/QUOTE]

I've been on this ship since the 60s. Since then it's sank, refloated, went to great places and steamed in circles. Even so it's still the only ship I'll ever sail on.

After all we could be like the Jets whose ship floated 43 years ago then sank never to be seen again.

Besides I grew up in Somerville. My childhood teams are my teams and despite living in several places around the country I've never adopted the teams of my new homes and never will.

[/QUOTE]

Me neither. I moved to LA years ago and some people out here ( mostly chicks) are like " you live in LA now you should like the LA teams now". Lol. I think I like the Boston teams even more now if anything and openly root against the Lakers in public at any chance . This is a Laker town but my team is and always will be Boston.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from sporter81. Show sporter81's posts

In response to JintsFan's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Your frustrated about the loss, yesterday's hit particularly hard because of the way it all went down. That said, there's still plenty of time to right the ship, the giants have been close to firing coughlin twice only to go on and win the Super Bowl . I'm on this ship no matter what but it's going to take a beatdown of the Jets to get this one out of my mind.

[/QUOTE]

I've been on this ship since the 60s. Since then it's sank, refloated, went to great places and steamed in circles. Even so it's still the only ship I'll ever sail on.

After all we could be like the Jets whose ship floated 43 years ago then sank never to be seen again.

Besides I grew up in Somerville. My childhood teams are my teams and despite living in several places around the country I've never adopted the teams of my new homes and never will.

[/QUOTE]

Me neither. I moved to LA years ago and some people out here ( mostly chicks) are like " you live in LA now you should like the LA teams now". Lol. I think I like the Boston teams even more now if anything and openly root against the Lakers in public at any chance . This is a Laker town but my team is and always will be Boston.

[/QUOTE]

yeah but those chicks are 10x hotter

[/QUOTE]

No Doubt about that!! They are everywhere out here, it's great!

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from DirtyWaterLover. Show DirtyWaterLover's posts

Brady is actually playing better than hs average.  His career passer rating is 96.4 and its 97.2 for the season.  He led the league in passing yards on Sunday.

i wouldn't say he's having a great year, but it is an above average year.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

The worst part about the loss . . . 

. . . is the reaction of some of the so-called fans on this board.  

It's not the team that's soft, it's the fans. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from LittleTimmy31. Show LittleTimmy31's posts

Look Gang, there are still 10 games left in the season. A lot can happen in that time. The Pats just need to focus on winning the AFC East and let the rest take care of itself.