The worst ranked defense in the NFL is....

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

The worst ranked defense in the NFL is....

drum roll............ The packers!!! haha i know its silly and i really think point per game is a better measure but as we all have been dealing with trolls and espn talking about the pats being 32 all season long... lol ... of course now that its the packers the talking heads on espn wont say a thing about it...

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/total/position/defense

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Brad34. Show Brad34's posts

Re: The worst ranked defense in the NFL is....

Yeah it is amazing Trent Dildofer has already written the Pats off and said they will be 1 and done again because of the defense and then he goes and picks Greenbay to make the superbowl who have given up more yards than the Pats. Not suprisingly he has picked the Ravens in the AFC. Ravens are so 1 dimensional on offense. Stop Ray Rice and you stop the Ravens. No way Herman Munster Flaco can beat a team if it is all on his shoulders. Everytime Dilfer writes a team off they come out and win so I am very happy he has written the Pats off.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from shenanigan. Show shenanigan's posts

Yeah it's interesting that the same pundits who've written NE off for poor defense don't don't make that connection when they're predicting GB SB bound.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Soxpatsfan08. Show Soxpatsfan08's posts

nah they wont even mention it

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from bozemanFNL. Show bozemanFNL's posts

talking heads need some oxygen

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Davedsone. Show Davedsone's posts

Shaughnessy has "no faith" in the Patriots.  That's the best sign I can think of they will do well.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

To finish the season the Pats defense is ranked; 

18th in points per game
    2nd interceptions
    14th sacks
    10th fumble recoveries
    14th rushing TD's allowed
    22nd receiving TD's allowed
    27th least penalized

Not great but pretty good in today's NFL where stats have ballooned over the past 5 years.  Today's NFL rewards opportunistic defenses which cause turnovers, everybody gives up yards.  

We need some picks in this upcoming draft geared toward pass rush and in the defensive backfield. Undoubtedly Ras Dowling getting hurt cost us some, he was starting over Arrington to begin the season and would have provided more blanket coverage. The defense will be much better next season when it's a little older and wiser.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sheldong. Show sheldong's posts

In Response to Re: The worst ranked defense in the NFL is....:
    [QUOTE]To finish the season the Pats defense is ranked;  18th in points per game 2nd interceptions 14th sacks 10th fumble recoveries 14th rushing TD's allowed 22nd receiving TD's allowed 27th least penalized Not great but pretty good in today's NFL where stats have ballooned over the past 5 years.  Today's NFL rewards opportunistic defenses which cause turnovers, everybody gives up yards.   We need some picks in this upcoming draft geared toward pass rush and in the defensive backfield. Undoubtedly Ras Dowling getting hurt cost us some, he was starting over Arrington to begin the season and would have provided more blanket coverage. The defense will be much better next season when it's a little older and wiser.
    Posted by wozzy[/QUOTE]

With the offense we have, a middle of the pack defense is enough to win it all.  Same thing can be said about NO or GB.

As for next year, it looks better on D.  Arrington, I believe, is leading the league in interceptions (or close to it).  This young D, with McCourtey playing either FS or CB, could be much better next year -- especially if he returns to his rookie form.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Patsdateam. Show Patsdateam's posts

We just need a good FS. Hopefully we can pick one up in the Draft.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from prolate0spheroid. Show prolate0spheroid's posts

I'm sure BB's mind is resting comfortably knowing that no matter how many points his defense gives up, GB's has given up more . . . 

C'mon guys . . . let's get real here!  Coming in second or third or even tenth in the "worst defense in the world sweepstakes" is nothing to cheer about . . .  

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]lol!! I love it.  After NE's 4 INTs I wasn't sure if they'd go from 4th to 1st or 2nd. 2nd is still pretty good. lol I love how the trendy catch phrase for the media this year is "the worst" and now GB has to be tagged with that title. Absolute highest of high comedy.  Also, GB allows far more points per game than NE does. Not even close.  All the pink hats like Prolate are now angry about this and still haven't admitted the NFL is geared for offense yet. Yesterday took the cake when Cris "Low IQ" Carter said "NE has the worst D in the history of the NFL". Imagine sharing a similar view to that of Cris Carter?   Good luck in life if you do!
    Posted by RidingWithTheKingII[/QUOTE]

GB apparently allows 1 more point per game (average) than the Pats. Overall, GB gave up 259 to the Pats 242. I don't think that really quals as "far more points per game".

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

[QUOTE]True, but GB had a much easier schedule. Every time I look up they're giving up 38 to SD or 40 to Detroit.  30 to Christian Ponder in Minny. If our D did those things, the media and pink hats would ask BB to resign during the season. It's just incredible hypocrisy.

I am NOT contesting the hypocrisy and pile on BS of the media. At all. In fact, when they talk about the Pats today I expect they will emphasize that they have "one of the worst defenses" or "second worst" defense in the NFL and while a few will mention GB kind of as an aside most just ignore them.

And remember, Rex Grossman - 27 points. I was there and it still chills me how we can make QBs like Rexy look like, well, Tom Brady.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from EnochRoot. Show EnochRoot's posts

I think it is because of the spectacular Christmas parties thrown by Tom Jackson and Marshall Faulk.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah it is amazing Trent Dildofer has already written the Pats off and said they will be 1 and done again because of the defense and then he goes and picks Greenbay to make the superbowl who have given up more yards than the Pats. Not suprisingly he has picked the Ravens in the AFC. Ravens are so 1 dimensional on offense. Stop Ray Rice and you stop the Ravens. No way Herman Munster Flaco can beat a team if it is all on his shoulders. Everytime Dilfer writes a team off they come out and win so I am very happy he has written the Pats off.
    Posted by Brad34[/QUOTE]
    Dilfer will always have a place in his heart for this franchise and that is driving this choice.  The Ravens are not good on the road and their defense hasn't exactly been stellar against some average offenses.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

[QUOTE]Off day for NE in Washington, no doubt.  The offense was bad as well if you remember as well until settling in. It's a repeat problem. Did you see GB's D give up 126 yards at halftime to 2 PS sqaud RBs and a 3rd string QB to defend? How is that possible? There was a blurb about it in CNNSI but I've seen no mention of that by the media elsewhere. I swear, no one looks at what other teams look like on Sundays, they just take the agenda from the media and hammer it on NE, exclusively. Legendary hypocrisy built up by the national media because they are ticked off they have to praise BB when BB does something good. BB is now the only coach in NFL history with 5 13 win seasons in his career. I love how not one media head has mentioned this. 

NFL Network carried this story in a pretty positive light. More than once.

ESPN sux.  Overpaid players who became overpaid analysts.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]Yeah it's interesting that the same pundits who've written NE off for poor defense don't don't make that connection when they're predicting GB SB bound.
    Posted by shenanigan[/QUOTE]
    What you notice is the talking heads make the case that the Packers offense puts the team ahead early and as a result the other teams wind up with lots of yardage due to the Packers' D playing soft with big leads.  Hmmmmm...  sort of like what happens with the Pats?  But, does it apply to them, this "rationale" for the low defensive ranking?  Let's put it this way..  a venerable and well respected franchise is now the "flavor of the moment" and this will be ridden until the cows come home. 

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from oklahomapatriot. Show oklahomapatriot's posts

[QUOTE]Shaughnessy has "no faith" in the Patriots.  That's the best sign I can think of they will do well.
    Posted by Davedsone[/QUOTE]

he's a dumba$$$$$

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from hang3xc. Show hang3xc's posts

[QUOTE]Also, GB allows far more points per game than NE does. Not even close.  All the pink hats like Prolate are now angry about this and still haven't admitted the NFL is geared for offense yet.

The Packers gave up 1 POINT PER GAME MORE. Is that FAR MORE POINTS in your book??? Not even close ??? Is this stat not to your liking so you'll dismiss it???

We were 24 yards away from the WORST D IN HISTORY. That said..... the Packers are 16 yards away from it. LOL

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from agcsbill. Show agcsbill's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: The worst ranked defense in the NFL is.... : The Packers gave up 1 POINT PER GAME MORE. Is that FAR MORE POINTS in your book??? Not even close ??? Is this stat not to your liking so you'll dismiss it??? We were 24 yards away from the WORST D IN HISTORY. That said..... the Packers are 16 yards away from it. LOL
    Posted by hang3xc[/QUOTE]
    ....  BUT, and a BIG BUT...  no one is dismissing GB for their defense as readily as they do about the Pats.  As I have said, go figure!!